This Newspaper news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about newspapers from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Extinction Rebellion trial delayed as accused glues hand to table
The trial of six people over a protest at a newspaper
printing works is held up on its first day.
BBC News. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- XR protesters 'demanded Sun owner Rupert Murdoch be brought to protest', police officer tells court
Extinction Rebellion protestors allegedly requested Rupert Murdoch be brought to a protest at a newspaper
print works, PC Josh Wilson officer told St Albans Magistrates' Court on Monday.
Daily Mail. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Trial halted as XR activist accused of blocking newspaper deliveries GLUES himself to dock
Defendant Liam Norton ranted at the judge at St Albans Magistrates court where six activists are accused of obstructing the highway during a blockade of News Corp printing works in September.
Daily Mail. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Scotland's papers: Sturgeon's indyref2 vow and Stewart makes history
The SNP's fourth consecutive Holyrood election victory dominates the front pages of Scotland's newspapers.
BBC News. Sunday, 9 May 2021.
- Report: officers shouldn't have fired in Breonna Taylor raid
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) - Louisville police documents in the deadly Breonna Taylor raid reveal internal disagreements about whether officers were justified in using deadly force, according to a newspaper
Washington Times. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Newspaper publisher Singapore Press Holdings to transfer troubled media business into not-for-profit entity
The company's media business includes English broadsheets The Straits Times and The Business Times, as well as Chinese newspaper
CNBC. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- New York Times Shares Drop As Digital Subscription Sales Slow
Shares of the New York Times Co. fell nearly 3 percent Wednesday after the newspaper
publisher reported its slowest growth in digital subscription sales in more than a year.
Forbes. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- L.A. Times Names Kevin Merida Executive Editor
One of the biggest newspaper
jobs goes to a groundbreaking journalist who spent two decades at The Washington Post.
New York Times. Monday, 3 May 2021.
- Pandemic leaves Kosovo without printed daily newspapers
PRISTINA, Kosovo (AP) - Ibrahim Gashi sold daily newspapers
in downtown Pristina for 35 years, until they didn't come anymore. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 3 May 2021.
- Number 10 'sources' accuse Cummings of leaking PM's texts with Dyson
Downing Street has mounted a fightback against "sleaze" accusations by planting stories in Tory-supporting newspapers
accusing Dominic Cummings of leaking Number 10 texts.
Sky News. Friday, 23 Apr 2021.
- Amanda Seyfried talks about her Oscar nomination for 'Mank'
Amanda Seyfried was recognized for her supporting role as movie star Marion Davies, who was also the mistress of the powerful newspaper
publisher William Randolph Hearst.
ABC News. Wednesday, 21 Apr 2021.
- Carl Spielvogel, a Longtime Power in Advertising, Dies at 92
A former newspaper
columnist, he climbed the ladder at one big firm, founded his own, then rose again through mergers to the top of a global agency.
New York Times. Wednesday, 21 Apr 2021.
- Newspaper Runs Cartoon Comparing Black Republican Congressman To The KKK
'They are coming to your neighborhoods!'
Daily Caller. Thursday, 15 Apr 2021.
- Burma charges doctors over civil disobedience protests
Burma's ruling junta has charged at least 19 medical doctors for participating in civil disobedience protests against the military's Feb. 1 coup, a state-run newspaper
Fox News. Thursday, 15 Apr 2021.
- 'Tiger Mom' Amy Chua denies allegations of inappropriate parties, slams disrespect and lack of due process
Amy Chua denied recent allegations laid out against her by an independent student newspaper.
Fox News. Monday, 12 Apr 2021.
Newspaper Publishers News Headlines and News Summaries