This Newspaper news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about newspapers from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Chatham Hedge Fund Has the Winning Bid for McClatchy Newspapers
The family-owned publisher of The Sacramento Bee and The Miami Herald announced the winner of its bankruptcy sale: Chatham Asset Management, the owner of The National Enquirer.
New York Times. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- Author claims he saw a 'worrying' Michael Jackson home video
Dylan Howard, the former National Enquirer editor involved in the US newspaper's 'Peckergate' feud with Jeff Bezos, claims that 'the scene was worrying and baffling'.
Daily Mail. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- New European owner Archant gives short deadline to bidders
The publisher of the anti-Brexit newspaper
The New European has asked bidders to table offers before the end of next week as it races to secure new funding amid an industry-wide crisis.
Sky News. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Depp due to wrap up evidence at libel trial against tabloid
LONDON (AP) - Johnny Depp is set to wrap up his evidence Friday in his libel case against a British tabloid newspaper
that accused him of physically abusing his ex-wife, Amber Heard. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Hedge Funds Duel in Bankruptcy Court Over McClatchy Newspapers
Alden Global Capital faced off against a pair of rivals trying to win the publisher of The Sacramento Bee and more than two dozen other papers.
New York Times. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Meghan Markle asks British court to prevent newspaper from revealing identities of friends who defended her
Meghan Markle asked a British court to order a newspaper
to refrain from publishing the names of five friends who previously defended her in a U.S. magazine on the condition of anonymity.
Fox News. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Johnny Depp 'joked' with Paul Bettany about setting Amber Heard on fire
The Hollywood legend, 57, is suing The Sun newspaper
after it labelled him a 'wife beater'. Yesterday he denied the claims and branded them 'sick' and 'completely untrue'.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- 'Let's burn Amber': Text messages by Johnny Depp revealed in court
Johnny Depp sent texts referring to his ex-wife Amber Heard as "a witch" and saying "let's burn Amber", the High Court has been told during the second day of a high-profile libel action against The Sun newspaper.
Sky News. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Johnny Depp: Claims in The Sun he beat ex-wife 'complete lies', court told
The Hollywood star is suing the Sun newspaper
over a story saying he abused his ex-wife Amber Heard.
BBC News. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Bull Market is Back for Red Dragon: 3 Solid Buys
The rally comes after a major state-owned financial newspaper
said that China requires a bull market to build strength, reviving memories of the bull run of 2015.
Zacks. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Newspaper headlines: China's warning to UK and 'naughty Tory' on trial
The front pages feature tensions between the UK and China and an ex-MP on trial for sexual assault.
BBC News. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- A Kansas newspaper published a cartoon likening the state governor's compulsory face-mask order to the Holocaust
The Anderson County Review's cartoon showed Gov. Laura Kelly wearing a mask emblazoned with the Star of David, captioned: "Step onto the cattle car."
Yahoo. Sunday, 5 Jul 2020.
- Shell CEO does not rule out moving headquarters to Britain
Royal Dutch Shell is not ruling out moving its headquarters from the Netherlands to Britain, the oil company's chief executive Ben van Beurden said in a Dutch newspaper
interview published on Saturday. ...
Yahoo. Saturday, 4 Jul 2020.
- Investigation underway over police officers' TikTok videos
TACOMA, Wash. (AP) - Three police officers in Washington state are under investigation over videos posted to their personal social media accounts, including one that criticized a protest about defunding police, a newspaper
Washington Times. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- Jazz's Gobert says sense of smell 'still not 100%'
Jazz center Rudy Gobert recently told French newspaper
L'Equipe that his sense of taste has returned, but his sense of smell is "still not 100%" three months after testing positive for the coronavirus.
ESPN. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
Newspaper Publishers News Headlines and News Summaries