This Newspaper news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about newspapers from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Did A Hong Kong Tycoon Hide A Protest Message In His Innocuous Newspaper Ads?
The ads by Li Ka-shing, a billionaire known as Hong Kong's richest man, seem to express bland sentiment. But at least one scholar says they secretly sound a note of support for the protest movement.
NPR. Thursday, 22 Aug 2019.
- Chinese police say British Hong Kong consulate worker is jailed for 15 days for 'hiring prostitutes'
Chinese police have claimed that a worker at Britain's Hong Kong consulate was detained in Shenzhen for 'hiring prostitutes'. The news was revealed by state newspaper
Daily Mail. Thursday, 22 Aug 2019.
- Banks condemn Hong Kong violence in newspaper adverts
Businesses are coming under increased political pressure after months of protests in Hong Kong.
BBC News. Thursday, 22 Aug 2019.
- Editorials from around Pennsylvania
Recent editorials of statewide and national interest from Pennsylvania's newspapers: Fireworks confounding Legislature The Altoona Mirror Aug. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 21 Aug 2019.
- Derick Dillard is labeled a hypocrite after praising his wife for 'celebrating women's rights'
Derick, 31, shared a photo of a recent item in the local newspaper
about Jill meeting the mayor at an event celebrating women's suffrage.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 21 Aug 2019.
- Newspaper headlines: PM's Brexit demands and Sir Elton defends royals
The papers cover Boris Johnson's letter insisting the "anti-democratic" backstop plan is ditched.
BBC News. Monday, 19 Aug 2019.
- Hong Kong tycoon Li Ka-shing urges love, not violence, in first protest comments
Li Ka-shing's message in front-page advertisements in major newspapers
in Hong Kong urged the public to "cease the anger with love" and "stop the violence."
CNBC. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Excerpts from recent editorials in newspapers in Illinois
August 11, 2018 The (Champaign) News-Gazette No commutation for Blagojevich President Donald Trump recently suggested, as he has in the past, that he's considering commuting former Gov. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 12 Aug 2019.
- Could Dorothy Kilgallen mystery be solved through DNA evidence? Worth a try, author says
An author who has investigated the mysterious death of newspaper
columnist and TV star Dorothy Kilgallen has asked a judge to let him exhume her body for DNA evidence.
Fox News. Sunday, 11 Aug 2019.
- Amazon investigating claims its Chinese supplier used illegal child labor to make Alexa devices
Chinese schoolchildren worked illegal overtime and night shifts to produce smart speakers for Amazon, according to leaked documents seen by the U.K.'s Guardian newspaper.
CNBC. Friday, 9 Aug 2019.
- Is PR Still Relevant In A Digital World
Media used to be simple. Print (newspaper and magazine) and broadcast were the primary sources of information for the traveler. Here, anyone could find advice on where to stay in most every price category. ...
Hsyndicate. Wednesday, 7 Aug 2019.
- Newspaper Publishing Industry Prospects Hinge on Digitization
Publishing Industry Prospects Hinge on Digitization
Zacks. Tuesday, 6 Aug 2019.
- Newspaper chain GateHouse buying USA Today owner Gannett
Two of the largest newspaper
companies in the United States have agreed to combine in the latest deal driven by the industry's struggles with a decline of printed editions. ...
CBC News. Monday, 5 Aug 2019.
- A Steinbeck Story About a Chef and His Cat Has Been Published in English for the First Time
The author wrote 'The Amiable Fleas' in 1954, for the French newspaper
Smithsonian. Thursday, 1 Aug 2019.
- Oilsands CEOs take federal election message to voters in full-page newspaper ads
Three of Canada's biggest oilsands producers are going directly to voters to ask them to "influence the outcome" of big decisions concerning the oil and gas sector as a fall federal election looms.
CBC News. Thursday, 1 Aug 2019.
Newspaper Publishers News Headlines and News Summaries