This Newspaper news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about newspapers from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Newspaper headlines: Truss speech to 'rally MPs' amid claims of a 'coup'
The papers preview Liz Truss's Conservative conference speech as infighting in the party continues.
BBC News. Wednesday, 5 Oct 2022.
- Newspaper headlines: Liz Truss 'faces new Tory rebellion' after tax cut U-turn
Tuesday's papers are dominated by claims the PM faces a new revolt over public spending cuts.
BBC News. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
- Tributes to Mail on Sunday's Scott Gormley, 78, who 'helped make Financial Mail best of its kind'
Scott Gormley (pictured), a senior production journalist on The Mail on Sunday for many years, has died aged 78 after a long illness. Scott began his career on local newspapers
Daily Mail. Sunday, 2 Oct 2022.
- Democratic Senate campaign arm running newspaper ads on abortion in 10 states
Oct. 2 marks 100 days since the Supreme Court overturned the landmark Roe v. Wade decision, ending federal abortion access.
CBS News. Friday, 30 Sep 2022.
- Now Amber Heard hires another lawyer to FORCE two insurance firms to pick up her $15m legal bill
Heard, 36, was ordered to pay her ex-husband more than $10 million in damages at the end of the explosive trial in June, when a jury ruled she had defamed Depp in a 2018 newspaper
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 28 Sep 2022.
- Allan M. Siegal, Influential Watchdog Inside The Times, Dies at 82
As a top editor who was both feared and revered at the newspaper
for decades, he left a deep imprint as its arbiter of language, taste, tone and ethics.
New York Times. Thursday, 22 Sep 2022.
- Civil Rights To Sustainability: Atlantic Packaging Continues Its Mission Of Leading Change
Atlantic Packaging has its roots in a newspaper
founded by a KKK-fighting, Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist W. Horace Carter. Today his grandson, Wes Carter, continues in his footsteps by working to preserve our natural environment.
Forbes. Monday, 19 Sep 2022.
- Lawyer Told Archives Last Year That Trump Had No Classified Material
A lawyer representing the former president told the National Archives that boxes taken from the White House contained material like newspaper
New York Times. Saturday, 17 Sep 2022.
- Russia's Supreme Court Withdraws License Of Novaya Gazeta's Website Amid Press Crackdown
Russia's Supreme Court has withdrawn the license of the Novaya gazeta newspaper's website, one of the last independent media outlets in the country, amid a media crackdown amid the Kremlin's war against Ukraine.
Radio Liberty. Thursday, 15 Sep 2022.
- Las Vegas-area elected official arrested in deadly stabbing of 69-year-old reporter, police say
A Las Vegas-area elected public official has been arrested in the fatal stabbing of a veteran newspaper
reporter whose investigations of the official's work preceded his primary loss in June.
ABC News. Thursday, 8 Sep 2022.
- County official arrested in deadly stabbing of 69-year-old Las Vegas reporter, police say
A Clark County official was arrested Wednesday in connection with the fatal stabbing of a Las Vegas newspaper
reporter last week.
ABC News. Thursday, 8 Sep 2022.
- Police serve search warrants in Las Vegas reporter's slaying
Police were serving search warrants Wednesday in connection with the fatal stabbing of a Las Vegas newspaper
reporter last weekend.
Washington Times. Wednesday, 7 Sep 2022.
- Column: How the decline of local news exposes the public to lies and corruption
As the owner of more than 400 local weeklies and dailies in 46 states, Gannett stands as a telling illustration of the economics of local newspapers.
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 29 Aug 2022.
- DNA from letter sent to local newspaper helps solve 34-year-old murder
The cold case murder of a mother in 1988 has been finally solved thanks to DNA evidence found on a chilling letter sent to a local newspaper
decades ago with intimate details of the crime.
Sky News. Monday, 22 Aug 2022.
- FACT CHECK: Did The Papua New Guinea Post-Courier Publish A Letter Criticizing Liz Truss?
No such letter appears on the newspaper's website
Daily Caller. Monday, 22 Aug 2022.
Newspaper Publishers News Headlines and News Summaries