This National Security news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about national security news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- China's national security law: Hong Kong teen activist Tony Chung charged with secession
Tony Chung, 19, today appeared in court charged with secession, money laundering and conspiring to publish seditious content, two days after he was arrested near the US consulate.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 29 Oct 2020.
- Intelligence Matters: A CBS News original national security podcast
"Intelligence Matters" is a weekly podcast about national security
and policy hosted by CBS News senior national security
contributor Michael Morell
CBS News. Wednesday, 28 Oct 2020.
- Here's How Trump, Biden Differ on Key Issues
Republican, Democrat presidential nominees offer distinct choices for next 4 years on climate, taxes, trade, race relations, national security, immigration and handling of coronavirus pandemic.
Voice of America. Tuesday, 27 Oct 2020.
- Hong Kong activist, 19, is detained under China's national security law
Tony Chung, 19, was led away from a coffee shop opposite the consulate in the city by unidentified men, the South China Morning Post reported, citing a staff reporter who witnessed events.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 27 Oct 2020.
- Hong Kong teen activist arrested near US consulate
A young Hong Kong activist who was among the first arrested under Beijing's new national security
law was detained on Tuesday close to the US consulate, police and local media said.
Yahoo. Tuesday, 27 Oct 2020.
- Jailed Former Kyrgyz President Atambaev On Hunger Strike To Protest Detention Conditions
Jailed former Kyrgyz President Almazbek Atambaev has started a hunger strike to protest his transfer to Bishkek's central detention center from the holding facility at the State Committee of the National Security
Radio Liberty. Tuesday, 27 Oct 2020.
- Russian hackers 'can't change votes,' Trump's national security adviser says
U.S. officials said that Russian hackers have targeted the networks of dozens of state and local governments in the United States in recent days, stealing data from at least two servers.
Fox News. Sunday, 25 Oct 2020.
- National security adviser assures Americans "their vote is secret" amid interference fears
National security adviser Robert O'Brien urged Americans to "get out and vote, that's how we defeat our foreign adversaries."
CBS News. Sunday, 25 Oct 2020.
- Fact Checking the Final Trump-Biden Debate
The debate was moderated by NBC News' Kristen Welker and focused on six main topics: COVID-19, race, climate change, national security, leadership, and American families.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Here Are The 6 Key Issues Trump and Biden Will Debate Tonight
President Trump and Joe Biden will have their last major opportunity on Thursday to promote their record and criticize their opponent as they address questions on the coronavirus crisis, race, national security
New York Times. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Iran and Russia obtained U.S. voter registration data in effort to influence election, national security officials say
The warnings about Iran and Russia came less than two weeks before the election between President Donald Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden.
CNBC. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Why 780 retired generals and former national security leaders spoke out against Trump
The willingness of hundreds of career officers to break with tradition and speak out on behalf of one candidate reflects beliefs, on both sides, that the nation faces an uncertain future.
Yahoo. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Get Ready For President Biden To Throw U.S. Security Policies Into Reverse
Biden will be a lot like Obama, but with decades of national security
Forbes. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- Trump or Biden will need support from allies to keep China in check, H.R. McMaster says
H.R. McMaster, who served as Trump's national security
advisor, described China as the biggest national security
threat facing the United States.
CNBC. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- Former NSA chief: Russia can change 2020 election outcome, unlikely to do so
Retired Navy Adm. Michael S. Rogers, former head of the National Security
Agency and U.S. ...
Washington Times. Sunday, 18 Oct 2020.
National Security Services News Headlines and News Summaries