This National Security news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about national security news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Modi's definitive win may mean a more assertive India
"Modi's muscular national security approach just received overwhelming approval," said Vipin Narang, associate professor at MIT.
CNBC. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Pompeo painted Huawei as long-term national security threat, says policy expert
American Enterprise Institute's James Pethokoukis and Capital Alpha Managing Director James Lucier join "Squawk Box" to discuss Secretary of State Mike Pompeo's latest comments on the state of geopolitics.
CNBC. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Bolton: Coast Guard to Help 'Reassert' US Leadership in Arctic
U.S. National Security Adviser John Bolton told 240 new Coast Guard Academy graduates Wednesday that they will help lead the way in "reasserting American leadership in the Arctic."
Newsmax. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Intelligence Matters: A CBS News original national security podcast
"Intelligence Matters" is a weekly podcast about national security and policy hosted by CBS News senior national security contributor Michael Morell
CBS News. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Dual hearings on Capitol Hill focus on Trump's Iran policy
WASHINGTON (AP) - As questions mount over President Donald Trump's tough talk on Iran, top national security officials are heading to Capitol Hill to brief Congress. But skeptical Democrats have asked for a second opinion. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Trump team to brief Congress on Iran; Dems seek counterpoint
With questions mounting over President Donald Trump's tough talk on Iran, top national security officials are heading to Capitol Hill to brief Congress.
Fox News. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Inside NSA Hawaii, the "front lines" and secretive outpost of intelligence gathering
CBS News is getting an exclusive look at the National Security Agency's secretive outpost in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. ...
CBS News. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Spicer: Intelligence chiefs never informed Trump about Flynn investigation
Former White House communications director added context Friday to reports that former President Obama warned President Trump about hiring former national security advisor Michael Flynn.
Fox News. Saturday, 18 May 2019.
- Sen. Merkley: Bolton Would 'Very Much Like to Go to War' With Iran
National Security Adviser John Bolton would "very much like to go to war" with Iran, and he is setting a stage where that could happen, Sen. Jeff Merkley said Friday.
Newsmax. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- New Mueller filing reveals extent of Mike Flynn's cooperation with prosecutors
A new Mueller flying outlines former national security advisor Mike Flynn's cooperation, and says he shared contacts from people that 'could have affected both his willingness to cooperate.'
Daily Mail. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Flynn gave info on attempts to obstruct Mueller probe: court filing
Former U.S. national security adviser Michael Flynn gave Special Counsel Robert Mueller information about multiple attempts by people to obstruct the Russia investigation, according to court documents made public on Thursday.
Reuters. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Emmet Sullivan, federal judge, orders parts of Mueller report unredacted, made public
A federal judge has ordered portions of special counsel Robert Mueller's report to be unredacted and made public in the criminal case against former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn. U.S. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Economic sanctions on Huawei could backfire on US firms
The Trump administration's announcement that it plans curbs on exports of U.S. components to Chinese telecommunications powerhouse Huawei for national security reasons could hurt U.S. suppliers
ABC News. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Top U.S. lawmakers press Pompeo for answers on Iran arms control report
The chairmen of three congressional committees on national security on Thursday pressed U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo to explain whether a Trump administration arms control report was politicized and slanted assessments about Iran.
Reuters. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Buttigieg blasts Trump Iran escalation: 'This is not a game. This is not a show.'
Democratic presidential candidates took aim at President Donald Trump Thursday, suggesting the president and his national security team are recklessly escalating tensions with Iran.
Yahoo. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
National security office building
Related Directory Page(s)
National Security Services News Headlines and News Summaries