This National Security news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about national security news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Top Republican Pledges to Make House Intelligence Committee Less Partisan
If Republicans take Congress, Representative Michael R. Turner says, he wants to focus on oversight and national security
issues. But he is likely to face pressure from his own party.
New York Times. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
- House Republicans sound alarm over Chinese investment in U.S. farmland
House Republicans are calling for a federal investigation into foreign investment in U.S. farmland as concern grows over Chinese acquisitions that lawmakers say pose a threat to national security
Washington Times. Monday, 3 Oct 2022.
- Transcript: H.R. McMaster on "Face the Nation," Oct. 2, 2022
The following is a transcript of an interview with retired Lt. Gen. H.R. McMaster, former national security
adviser in the Trump White House and a CBS News contributor, that aired on Sunday, Oct. 2, 2022.
CBS News. Sunday, 2 Oct 2022.
- Former National Security Agency Employee Charged With Espionage
Prosecutors said Jareh Sebastian Dalke, 30, tried to send classified national defense information to a foreign government in exchange for money that would help alleviate his debt.
New York Times. Friday, 30 Sep 2022.
- Intelligence Matters: A CBS News original national security podcast
"Intelligence Matters" is a weekly podcast about national security
and policy hosted by CBS News senior national security
contributor Michael Morell.
CBS News. Wednesday, 28 Sep 2022.
- Retired military officials urge Biden to 'limit the grip Russia has' over energy, support US production
More than a dozen retired military officers and national security
officials urging President Biden to support expanded U.S. domestic energy production in the interest of national security
Fox News. Wednesday, 28 Sep 2022.
- Top Dems urge Biden to toughen screening of U.S. investment in China
Congress' Democratic leaders are calling on President Biden to take a tougher stand against U.S. investment in China, calling it a national security
Washington Times. Wednesday, 28 Sep 2022.
- China threatens national security with land next to military base, 51 Republicans tell Biden cabinet
Dozens of GOP lawmakers are sending a letter to the Biden Cabinet sounding the alarm over a massive Chinese farmland purchase conveniently located only 20 minutes from a major military base.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 27 Sep 2022.
- China alleges U.S. spy agency hacked key infrastructure and sent user data back to headquarters
China accused the U.S. National Security
Agency of carrying out an attack on a university allowing the American hackers to break into the country's infrastructure.
CNBC. Tuesday, 27 Sep 2022.
- US warns Russia of 'catastrophic consequences' if Putin uses nukes
Adviser Jake Sullivan said 'Russians at very high levels' have been told that the US will 'respond decisively' if Vladimir Putin chooses to use nuclear weapons.
Daily Mail. Monday, 26 Sep 2022.
- China Recruited Scientists Who Worked At Top US National Security Lab, Report Says
China Recruited Scientists Who Worked At Top US National Security
Lab, Report Says
Daily Caller. Thursday, 22 Sep 2022.
- Chinese state media claims U.S. NSA infiltrated country's telecommunications networks
The U.S. National Security
Agency (NSA) gained access to China's telecommunications network after hacking a university, state media alleged.
CNBC. Thursday, 22 Sep 2022.
- Pelosi leads congressional delegation to Armenia following violent clashes
U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi will spend the weekend in Armenia to speak with high-ranking officials and address the country's national security
Fox News. Saturday, 17 Sep 2022.
- Most IT pros think a company breach could threaten national security
IT pros are worried about their companies and the nation. A new survey bares their fears.
ZDNet. Wednesday, 7 Sep 2022.
- Whitehall extends national security probe into Truphone deal
The government has extended a national security
probe into the fire-sale of a leading British mobile phone technology provider whose owners include Roman Abramovich.
Sky News. Friday, 2 Sep 2022.
National Security Services News Headlines and News Summaries