This National Security news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about national security news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- White House comments raise obstruction of justice questions
The president may have obstructed justice if in fact he knew former National Security
Adviser Michael Flynn had lied to the FBI at the same time he urged former Director James Comey to stop investigating him. ...
CBS News. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- Trump's weekend tweets garner intense scrutiny
President Trump railed about the Russia investigation on Twitter on Sunday, defending his firing of National Security
Adviser Michael Flynn, and unloaded on former FBI Director James Comey. ...
CBS News. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- Flynn flubs the flag! Michael Flynn appears to forget the Pledge of Allegiance at pro-Trump rally
Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, former President Donald Trump's former national security
adviser seemed to forget the words to the Pledge of Allegiance during a pro-Trump rally in South Carolina on Sunday.
Daily Mail. Monday, 3 May 2021.
- Kamala Harris agrees America is not racist and defends work on border
Vice President Kamala Harris on Thursday agreed with Republican Tim Scott that America is not a racist country but, she warned, white supremacists are a threat to national security
Daily Mail. Thursday, 29 Apr 2021.
- Kazakhs Rally In Almaty Against Changes To Land Ownership
Around 200 protesters gathered in Almaty on April 24 for an unsanctioned rally to oppose a draft law on land ownership that they say poses a threat to Kazakh sovereignty and national security
Radio Liberty. Saturday, 24 Apr 2021.
- Climate crisis threatens U.S. national security, Defense secretary says
Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin said Thursday that the climate crisis is making it more difficult for the military to defend the U.S. and its allies.
CNBC. Thursday, 22 Apr 2021.
- Britain intervenes in Nvidia's $40 billion Arm takeover on national security concerns
The U.K. government has issued a Public Interest Intervention Notice (PIIN) on Nvidia's $40 billion takeover of chip designer Arm on national security
CNBC. Monday, 19 Apr 2021.
- UK government intervenes in Nvidia takeover of chip designer Arm
The government is to examine Nvidia's planned purchase of the UK firm on national security
BBC News. Monday, 19 Apr 2021.
- UK to probe Nvidia's takeover of ARM on grounds of national security
It was announced last September that UK chip designer ARM was being taken over by US giant Nvidia.But the deal was subject to regulatory approval and now
Pocket Lint. Monday, 19 Apr 2021.
- Government intervenes in sale of UK chip designer Arm over national security implications
The planned $40bn (£29bn) sale of UK-based chip designer Arm Holdings will be scrutinised by regulators over potential national security
concerns after an intervention by the government.
Sky News. Monday, 19 Apr 2021.
- Stephen Miller stresses importance of immigration reform lawsuits: 'Innocent people' will be killed
Former Trump senior adviser Stephen Miller explained why lawsuits challenging the Biden administration's directive are crucial for national security
Fox News. Sunday, 18 Apr 2021.
- National Security Advisor Warns Russia 'There Will Be Consequences' If Ailing Putin Critic Navalny Dies
Under Russian imprisonment, the Putin critic "could die at any moment," a spokesperson said Saturday.
Forbes. Sunday, 18 Apr 2021.
- Op-Ed: We don't need a new Cold War with China
The national security
state is cheering for a new Cold War with China. Americans should be deeply worried.
Los Angeles Times. Sunday, 18 Apr 2021.
- Jimmy Lai: The Hong Kong billionaire risking it all by speaking out
Opposition newspaper owner Jimmy Lai was arrested under Hong Kong's new national security
BBC News. Thursday, 15 Apr 2021.
- EXCLUSIVE: Rep. Chip Roy To Introduce Legislation Making Cartels Terrorist Organizations
'Undermining Our National Security'
Daily Caller. Thursday, 15 Apr 2021.
National Security Services News Headlines and News Summaries