This Musician news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about musicians from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Charlie Daniels' friends, fellow musicians pay tribute to late country icon at Tennessee memorial service
Late country singer Charlie Daniels was honored by friends and fellow musicians
during a touching memorial service in Tennessee.
Fox News. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Blackpink Joins BTS And Suga As The Only Korean Musicians To Score Several Top 10 Hits On The Sales Chart
Blackpink has now charted two top 10 hits on the sales chart.
Forbes. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Stormzy's surprise paint job for Croydon teen's bedroom
also talks about why he was cheering at the recent Black Lives Matter protests in London.
BBC News. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Man charged with murder after jazz musician dismembered
A man has been charged with murder after a jazz musician
was stabbed to death and dismembered in London.
Sky News. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Former Kasabian frontman Tom Meighan pleads guilty to assaulting ex-fiancee
On Tuesday, the musician
was sentenced to 200 hours of unpaid work.
Fox News. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Ben Folds Puts His Live-Work Sanctuary in Hudson on the Market
The indie-rock musician
and his wife renovated the three-story former department store in upstate New York from top to bottom.
New York Times. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Fair, female and 40 - that's why Julie had gallstones, but her doctor insisted it was just anxiety
JULIE COOK: The pain radiating from my abdomen was worse than childbirth. It began on Christmas Eve. I was at home with our children while my husband - a musician
- was at work.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Is Kanye West running for president? Probably not.
On Saturday, just four months before the 2020 election, musician, provocateur and former ardent Donald Trump supporter Kanye West tweeted that he was launching his own bid to become president.
Yahoo. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Ryan Adams apologises for 'mistreating' women
"I will never be off the hook," says the musician, a year after allegations of abuse surfaced.
BBC News. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Do Politicians Need a Musician's Permission to Play One of Their Songs at a Campaign Event?
Plenty of musicians
complain when a political candidate uses their work as part of a campaign event. How did they manage to play it in the first place?
Mental Floss. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Blackpink Passes BTS To Claim The Most Top 40 Hits Among Korean Artists In The U.K.
Blackpink has now charted four top 40 hits in the U.K., the most among all Korean musicians.
Forbes. Sunday, 5 Jul 2020.
- Musician Ryan Adams reveals he's sober as he pens raw apology
Ryan Adams, 45, shared with DailyMail.com his regrets over his past behavior more than a year after an #MeToo expose where he was accused of dangling opportunities in return for sex.
Daily Mail. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- The Rolling Stones and Paul McCartney urge government to support Britain's live music industry
The Rolling Stones and Paul McCartney are among more than 1,500 musicians
who have signed a letter to the British government, asking for it to help save the live music industry amid the coronavirus pandemic.
CNBC. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- Musician Shannon Leto seeks tenant for Hollywood Hills hideaway
30 Seconds to Mars drummer Shannon Leto is looking to become a landlord, putting his Hollywood Hills home up for rent at $11,000 per month.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- That Healing Jazz Thing on a Porch in Brooklyn
For 82 days straight, a diverse group of musicians
found their way to a stoop in Flatbush, and everybody followed the sax player. (It was his house.)
New York Times. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
Musicians News Headlines and News Summaries