This Musician news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about musicians from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Musicians are back on stage
After COVID shuttered live music events around the world in 2020, musical artists are now returning to festival and concert stages - and so are the fans.
CBS News. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- John Legend and others unite for powerful 'Imagine' performance at Tokyo Olympics
and a Japanese choir performed a cover of John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 'Imagine' at the opening ceremony of the Tokyo Olympics.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- Barack Obama And Bruce Springsteen Bring Their Podcast To The Literary World
Former President Barack Obama and musician
Bruce Springsteen are bringing their podcast, Renegades: Born In The USA, to the book world.
Forbes. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- BTS And Olivia Rodrigo Have Made 2021 A Historic Year On The Hot 100
2021 is the second year in history in which two musicians
have collected more than one No. 1 debut on the Hot 100.
Forbes. Wednesday, 21 Jul 2021.
- David Bowie album artwork on sale in Shropshire auction
The collection belongs to artist Edward Bell who designed covers for the musician's records.
BBC News. Friday, 16 Jul 2021.
- Pitbull posts impassioned appeal for swift assistance for Cubans
Pitbull, the Grammy-winning musician, took to Twitter on Wednesday to urge his 25 million followers to support the historic protests that have broken out in Cuba, which has been under communist rule for decades.
Fox News. Thursday, 15 Jul 2021.
- Kesha stuns in sheer black dress paired with thong bodysuit at movie premiere
Kesha stunned Tuesday night in a sheer long dress paired with a black thong bodysuit. The musician
was in attendance at the premiere of "Pig" at the Nuart Theatre in Los Angeles.
Fox News. Thursday, 15 Jul 2021.
- Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee challenges music streaming giants on musician's pay
A highly critical report on the industry by the Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee, pointed out 'critically acclaimed' performers were getting 'meagre' money from streaming services.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 15 Jul 2021.
- 'Pitiful returns': Music streaming model needs 'complete reset', inquiry concludes
and songwriters receive "pitiful returns" from streaming and the entire model is in need of a "complete reset", an inquiry has concluded.
Sky News. Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021.
- Vengeful stalker, 32, who branded her musician victim a rapist and tried to ruin his life is jailed
Reanne Phillips, 32, sent Franck Kouassi, 30, a singer-songwriter from London, 4,000 messages branding him a rapist and a paedophile in an 'attempt to destroy his music career'.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 13 Jul 2021.
- Bristol musicians challenging gender norms
Mandi went through their transition from male to female while working as a DJ in Bristol.
BBC News. Saturday, 10 Jul 2021.
- 'Summer of Soul,' Questlove's directorial debut, restores lost chapter of Black history
Ahmir "Questlove" Thompson is looking to restore a lost chapter of Black history with his directorial debut in a "Summer of Soul" in Harlem.
ABC News. Friday, 2 Jul 2021.
- Woodstock at 50, in the words, and music, of those who were there
A half-century after a mass of humanity converged on a farm in Bethel, N.Y. for three days of peace and music, musicians
and concert-goers recall a unique moment for their generation
CBS News. Monday, 28 Jun 2021.
- The Pandemic Changed How Musicians and Investors See Royalties
When live performances stopped, artists looked for ways to take control of their music, and more investors got interested in a new type of asset.
New York Times. Friday, 25 Jun 2021.
- The Chemical Brothers, Blur and Radiohead urge government to help musicians tour the EU
The Chemical Brothers, Blur, Primal Scream and Radiohead are among the artists urging the government to make it easier for British musicians
to tour in the European Union post-Brexit.
Sky News. Tuesday, 22 Jun 2021.
Musicians News Headlines and News Summaries