This Musician news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about musicians from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 'The Wellerman': 19th Century sea shanty tops charts amid viral TikTok trend
A video of Scottish musician
Nathan Evans singing the jaunty tune about sugar and tea has garnered almost 5 million views.
ABC News. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- Garth Brooks says Lady Gaga's glam squad 'saved a cowboy' at inauguration
both performed at the swearing-in ceremony.
Fox News. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- You Me At Six: 'Everything is at stake' over visa-free touring in Europe
You Me At Six frontman Josh Franceschi has told Sky News "everything is at stake" over the issue of visa-free travel for musicians
in Europe - and has called on the government to "prove us all wrong and show they care".
Sky News. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- BTS, Blackpink, Monsta X And Suga Helped Make 2020 A Historic Year For Korean Acts On The Pop Chart
2020 was the biggest year yet on the Pop Songs chart for Korean musicians.
Forbes. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Dolly Parton's brother Randy dead at 67: 'He will always be in our hearts'
Randy Parton, a musician
and brother of country singer Dolly Parton, died after a battle with cancer. He was 67.
Fox News. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- The Classical Movements musician group perform virtually in honor of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris
The Classical Movements, a group of musicians
from all over the country, performed virtually in honor of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris as inauguration approaches.
ABC News. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Musicians 'failed by government' over EU touring, stars say
Some of the UK's biggest music stars sign an open letter demanding action over post-Brexit touring.
BBC News. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Morgan Wallen Smashes The Record For The Most Simultaneous Hot 100 Hits By A Country Musician
No country musician
has ever charted as many songs on the Hot 100 at the same time as Morgan Wallen does this week.
Forbes. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Biden's inaugural parade to include many stars
Musicians, Olympic athletes, local heroes and viral TikTok stars are among those taking part in the mostly virtual parade.
CBS News. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- New museum honors African American musicians who "paved the way"
The National Museum of African American Music has more than 1,600 artifacts and memorabilia to help tell the story of Black trailblazers and innovators.
CBS News. Monday, 18 Jan 2021.
- Dinosaurs In Love: Tom Rosenthal and daughter's song made into book
Dinosaurs In Love went viral, musician
Tom Rosenthal and his daughter Fenn were the ones behind it.
BBC News. Saturday, 16 Jan 2021.
- Uganda Election 2021: What's at Stake?
Voting is underway in the East African nation, with the long-serving leader, President Yoweri Museveni, facing 10 rivals, including Bobi Wine, a lawmaker and musician.
New York Times. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- Mick Fleetwood becomes latest music star to sell rights to biggest hits
Fleetwood Mac co-founder Mick Fleetwood has become the latest musician
to sell the rights to their biggest hits.
Sky News. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- Brexit: Pressure mounts on UK government to resolve EU touring visas for musicians
- The Band's Robbie Robertson stages a sale in Beverly Hills
and composer Robbie Robertson just trimmed the price of his sleek modern home in the Beverly Hills Post Office area to $4.2 million.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
Musicians News Headlines and News Summaries