This Musician news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about musicians from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Weber barbeque apologises for poorly timed meatloaf recipe after musician's death
Popular barbecue brand Weber has apologised after sending email subscribers a meatloaf recipe just hours after musician
Meat Loaf died following a battle with Covid-19.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 23 Jan 2022.
- More and more musicians are releasing their own music: Here's why
retaining ownership of their master recordings can get 100% of streaming royalties.
BBC News. Sunday, 23 Jan 2022.
- Afghan musician to play at benefit concert and says 'people are afraid to perform' after Taliban takeover
Homayoun Sakhi was born in Kabul and plays the Rubab, the national instrument from Afghanistan.
Sky News. Saturday, 22 Jan 2022.
- Meat Loaf: Stars pay tribute to 'one-off' Bat Out Of Hell singer
The Bat Out Of Hell singer is remembered by musicians
including Cher, Brian May and Bonnie Tyler.
BBC News. Friday, 21 Jan 2022.
- Meat Loaf, the 'I'd Do Anything for Love' singer, dead at 74
Singer and actor Meat Loaf has died at the age of 74, a representative for the musician
confirmed on social media.
Fox News. Friday, 21 Jan 2022.
- At SoFi Stadium, Dr. Dre assembles a hip-hop dream team for Super Bowl halftime show
Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Mary J. Blige, Kendrick Lamar and Eminem are featured in a new trailer for the 2022 Super Bowl halftime show.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 20 Jan 2022.
- Chris Daughtry confirms stepdaughter's cause of death
The 42-year-old musician's family confirmed that Hannah Price, who was found dead in her home two months ago, died by suicide while under the influence of narcotics.
Fox News. Thursday, 20 Jan 2022.
- H.E.R, Lil Nas X and Jennifer Hudson among artists leading nominations for NAACP Image Awards
H.E.R, Lil Nas X and Jennifer Hudson have been named as some of the frontrunners for the NAACP Image Awards after the nominations were announced.
Sky News. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- Adele, Justin Bieber, Elton John, Dua Lipa And Kodak Black: 5 Songs Making Moves On The Hot 100
score new top 10 hits this week, with seven landing their first placement inside the area.
Forbes. Friday, 14 Jan 2022.
- Daniel Kang, BTS, IU, Brave Girls And Lim Young-Woong: The Bestselling Songs In Korea In 2021
manage to score more than one of the top 10 bestselling songs in Korea in 2021.
Forbes. Tuesday, 11 Jan 2022.
- A street musician spent years building a one-of-a-kind drum kit on wheels. Then, one morning, it was gone
For years, Sheriff Drumman and his cherry-red pickup truck, custom-fitted with his prize drum kit, were a fixture around L.A. Car thieves changed everything.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 11 Jan 2022.
- Outrage After Kazakh Officials Portray Kyrgyz Jazz Musician As 'Foreign Terrorist'
Kazakh President Qasym-Zhomart Toqaev has made some incredible claims about recent popular unrest in his country, including that "foreign terrorists" were behind the violence. ...
Radio Liberty. Monday, 10 Jan 2022.
- Girl, 15, becomes third teen arrested as police probe murder of musician, 35
The girl was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender following the death of Edward Reeve (pictured), 35, whose body was found at his home near Christchurch, Dorset, on January 4.
Daily Mail. Monday, 10 Jan 2022.
- "Christmas Time Is Here," a classic holiday song
When Lee Mendelson produced the 1965 TV special, "A Charlie Brown Christmas," he got San Francisco jazz musician
Vince Guaraldi to compose the music. ...
CBS News. Saturday, 8 Jan 2022.
- Honoring the iconic Joni Mitchell
2021 Kennedy Center honoree Joni Mitchell is a musician, lyricist, poet and painter. Anthony Mason speaks with some of her closest friends, Brandi Carlile, Graham Nash and Herbie Hancock, about her masterful songwriting and artistic legacy.
CBS News. Friday, 17 Dec 2021.
Musicians News Headlines and News Summaries