This Music news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about music and musical news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Jessie Mueller talks 'Sweet Home Chicago' music video to support Arts for Illinois Relief Fund
video was produced to raise money for the Arts for Illinois Relief Fund, which helps artists throughout Chicago and Illinois who are struggling in the wake of COVID-19 closures.
ABC News. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Vydia Launches Charitable Arm To Empower Diverse Music Communities
A growing number of music
creators are working independently and remotely as social distancing continues during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Forbes. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- iPhone Batteries Are Draining Very Quickly, Apple Music Blamed
A growing number of people are reporting their iPhone is getting very hot and battery life has fallen drastically. Is it Apple Music
or a more general background activity bug?
Entrepreneur. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Calls for Rule, Britannia! to be banned from Last Night of the Proms
critic Richard Morrison said when at the Last Night of the Proms he often sees people in the posh seats who were not at any other nights, singing the 'jingoistic' songs without any irony.
Daily Mail. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Angels' Anthony Rendon offers succinct opinion of piped-in crowd noise: It's stupid
In his first video conference with his new Angels team, third baseman Anthony Rendon said he'd prefer music
to fake crowd noise during games.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Mike Skinner: 'Music is genuine chaos'
The Streets man drops a mixtape of rap duets ahead of a musical
film about his recent life as a DJ.
BBC News. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Country music legend Charlie Daniels honored at memorial service
Charlie Daniels, a member of the Country Music
Hall of Fame, received military honors during a memorial service in Tennessee on Wednesday.
Fox News. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Grammy Museum Teams Up With Michelle Obama, Grammy U For Virtual Mentorship Monday Program
Every Monday from July 20 through August 31, music
industry professionals will mentor college students and recent graduates virtually through digital conferences.
Forbes. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Country band Lady A, which dropped 'Antebellum' from name, files suit against Black singer Lady A
Blues singer Anita White, who has been performing music
as Lady A for years, complained publicly that the band never reached out to her.
ABC News. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- James Harrison, Music Professor and Piano Lover, Dies at 84
Mr. Harrison was a longtime teacher of music
theory and a dean of fine arts and humanities at Hunter College in New York City. He has died of complications of Covid-19.
New York Times. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Best DAB radio for 2020: Get your daily digital radio fix
Don't tell Spotify, but radio is far from dead. Even though people are flocking to streaming music
and podcast platforms in their multitudes, millions
Pocket Lint. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- How to create a custom workout playlist with Spotify
Love blasting some tunes to keep you motivated while you workout? Getting tired of the same old music
and need something new? Spotify is here to help.The
Pocket Lint. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Pop music is getting faster (and happier)
After years of slower beats and introspective lyrics, pop is becoming optimistic again. Here's why.
BBC News. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Russian Publisher, Activist Verzilov Detained Again
Activist Pyotr Verzilov, a founding member of the protest music
group Pussy Riot and publisher of independent Mediazona website, has been detained again, two days after finishing a 15-day jail sentence for swearing.
Radio Liberty. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Mike Skinner: Lockdown is an 'absolute bloodbath' for live music
Mike Skinner has described the effect of lockdown on live music
as "an absolute bloodbath".
Sky News. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
Music Instruction News Headlines and News Summaries