This Museum news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about museums from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Smithsonian museum builds artifact collection to create 2020 time capsule of events
2020 saw the coronavirus pandemic, mass demonstrations and a racial reckoning, all while a bitter and sometimes surreal presidential race played out. While it may not be a year we want to relive, it's a year we need to remember. ...
CBS News. Saturday, 31 Jul 2021.
- The Smithsonian is building a 2020 artifact collection for future generations
While 2020 may not be a year we want to re-live, the museum
believes it's one that everyone needs to remember.
CBS News. Saturday, 31 Jul 2021.
- Nottinghamshire Victorian signal box reopens as museum
A man who helped to save the dilapidated structure says it will reopen as a museum
BBC News. Saturday, 31 Jul 2021.
- Guggenheim Museum Curators Move to Join a Union
The curators, as well as conservators and other staff, are looking to join a local of the United Auto Workers.
New York Times. Friday, 30 Jul 2021.
- A Small Town in Ohio Is Home to the World's Only Cardboard Boat Museum
For nearly 30 years, New Richmond has hosted the International Cardboard Boat Regatta, a high-spirited race on the Ohio River
Smithsonian. Friday, 30 Jul 2021.
- Frankenthaler Foundation Energy Project Is Giving Museums $10 Million
Grants awarded to 79 U.S. visual arts institutions will finance energy-efficiency initiatives and measures for protection from wildfires and earthquakes.
New York Times. Wednesday, 28 Jul 2021.
- Vatican prosecutors allege jaw-dropping series of scandals
Vatican prosecutors have alleged a jaw-dropping series of scandals in the biggest criminal trial in the Vatican's modern history, which opens Tuesday in a modified courtroom in the Vatican Museums.
Daily Mail. Monday, 26 Jul 2021.
- Reaching Out to Those Behind Bars
Learn how the Anacostia Community Museum
redesigned its acclaimed exhibition "Men of Change" as a digital offering for incarcerated audiences
Smithsonian. Monday, 26 Jul 2021.
- Farnham in Surrey is the UK's cultural gem despite having no major galleries or museums, study finds
Appealing though they sound, even the 40,000 residents of Farnham may be surprised to learn that the Surrey market town has emerged as Britain's top cultural centre.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 25 Jul 2021.
- 'To younger people these are alien objects'
An exhibition looking at the social and technological impact of typewriters opens at the National Museum
BBC News. Saturday, 24 Jul 2021.
- Discover hidden areas and unseen collections at the Richmond Museum of History
California's Richmond Museum
of History offers a "behind the scenes" tour that gives visitors access to hidden areas and unseen collections.
ABC News. Tuesday, 20 Jul 2021.
- Woman Saved From Abductor By Leaving Notes In Bathrooms
The notes were found in a Walmart and a museum
Daily Caller. Thursday, 15 Jul 2021.
- Inside The Christian Dior Exhibit In Montreal
For the fashion crowd who worship etiquette and refined style, there is the Dior exhibition now on view at the McCord Museum
in Montreal until September 26.
Forbes. Monday, 12 Jul 2021.
- Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum reopens
Butterflies, bugs, and all things nature are ready for exploration at the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum.
ABC News. Thursday, 8 Jul 2021.
- Commentary: 'The Blue Boy' is returning to London. Why experts fear the trip presents a grave risk to a masterpiece
Huntington Art Museum
officials are overruling their own conservation experts' advice by lending the fragile painting to Britain's National Gallery.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 6 Jul 2021.
Museums News Headlines and News Summaries