This Museum news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about museums from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Editorial: If shopping malls across California can reopen, museums should be able to do so too
Our vigilance toward reopening malls amid COVID-19 should be accompanied by a willingness to adapt museums
to have visitors again as well.
Los Angeles Times. Sunday, 25 Oct 2020.
- The world has already changed: How to design a new professional and personal reality
Silvia Singer, general director of the Interactive Museum
of Economics, gives us the keys to transform ourselves into this new normal that, like it or not, is here to stay.
Entrepreneur. Saturday, 24 Oct 2020.
- Photographs capture 'pivotal' decade in Sheffield's history
A new exhibition of images from 1980s Sheffield has gone on show at the city's Weston Park Museum.
BBC News. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Capt Sir Tom Moore's birthday cards on display at Duxford
The cards for the fundraiser's 100th birthday are on display at Imperial War Museum
BBC News. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- How Indigenous Peoples Adapted to the Arctic's Harsh Climate
A new exhibition at the British Museum
spotlights an ingenious way of life threatened by global warming
Smithsonian. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Italian Museums To Visit From Your Couch
Virtual tours: how you can still enjoy Italy's artistic wonders from the couch.
Forbes. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Secretary Lonnie Bunch on the New Memorial to Native American Veterans
Located in front of the National Museum
of the American Indian, the sculpture reminds us of the true burden of freedom
Smithsonian. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Smithsonian museum displays Kobe Bryant's 2008 Finals jersey
Bryant donated it to the National Museum
of African American History and Culture in 2017.
CBS News. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Mystery attack at Berlin museum targets more than 60 pieces of artwork, artifacts with oily liquid
More than 60 artworks and artifacts at some of Berlin's best-known museums
were smeared with an oily liquid by an unknown perpetrator or perpetrators earlier this month, authorities said Wednesday. ...
Fox News. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- 70 artworks are damaged in mysterious 'hushed up' attack at German museum
Paintings, stone sculptures and sarcophagi at three institutions on Berlin's UNESCO-listed Museum
Island were sprayed with an 'oily liquid' which left visible stains, Berlin police have said.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- At the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Museum, All Athletes Are Equal
The new museum
in Colorado Springs is based on the idea that a wheelchair basketball player trains just as hard as any other basketball player.
New York Times. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Smithsonian honors Kobe Bryant's place in history with display in Washington
Kobe Bryant will be remembered with a new display at the Smithsonian Institution's National Museum
of African American History and Culture on the National Mall.
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- Activists Who Tried To Take Colonialist-Era African Artifact From French Museum Hit With Fine
The defendants said they were trying to make a statement about the legacy of French colonialism.
Forbes. Wednesday, 14 Oct 2020.
- Naperville's DuPage Children's Museum pivots to virtual programming
A local museum's "pandemic pivot" is making Chicago Proud.
ABC News. Wednesday, 14 Oct 2020.
- Fact check: Post misrepresents Biden-Harris event turnout in at Phoenix museum
A post on social media claiming a Biden-Harris event at a museum
had no turnout ignores the fact it wasn't intended to be a campaign rally.
Yahoo. Wednesday, 14 Oct 2020.
Museums News Headlines and News Summaries