This Mortgage news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about mortgages from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Better.com CEO who fired 900 workers in Zoom call is reinstated as the mortgage lender's top boss
Vishal Garg, 43, will be returning to his 'full-time duties' after taking time off to figure out what kind of 'leader' he wanted to be, he announced in a company letter on Tuesday.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- Mortgage Expert and Author Alec Hanson Shares His Story
It’s not every day you find a job you love and get to positively impact lives. ...
Daily Caller. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- Homebuyers are rushing to get mortgages before higher rates price them out
rates are causing homebuyers to rush into the housing market before they get priced out.
CNBC. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- Mortgage rates jump again, causing headaches for homebuyers
rates just hit the highest level since April 2020 and seem to have nowhere to go but up.
CNBC. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- Fannie, Freddie fees on 2nd homes, conforming jumbos go up April 1
giants ordered to exempt first-time homebuyers from increases, which could boost private lending.
Inman. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- HSBC could change mortgage affordability checks to reflect rising cost of energy bills
The lender is said to be considering a change in the way it calculates the size of mortgage
a household can borrow, in light of skyrocketing cost of living.
Daily Mail. Monday, 17 Jan 2022.
- Key Factors to Affect M&T Bank (MTB) This Earnings Season
While loan growth is expected to have aided M&T Bank's (MTB) Q4 interest income, low mortgage
banking revenues and high expenses are anticipated to have been spoilsports.
Zacks. Monday, 17 Jan 2022.
- Wells Fargo mortgage production fades as it closes branches
Nation's biggest provider of purchase loans made 27 percent fewer loans to homebuyers in 2021. Rocket Cos. is watching.
Inman. Monday, 17 Jan 2022.
- Mortgage Borrowers Anxious About Impending Rate Increases Should Lock Their Rates Now
This article explains why this is a good time for mortgage
borrowers to lock the price of their mortgage, and how to lock the right price.
Forbes. Sunday, 16 Jan 2022.
- Charter school founder accused of stealing funds
Seth Andrew was accused of stealing from school escrow accounts and using the funds to get a discount on a mortgage
for an apartment in New York City.
CBS News. Friday, 14 Jan 2022.
- JPMorgan (JPM) Q4 Earnings Beat on M&A Boom, Reserve Release
Solid advisory business performance, a decent rise in loans and credit release support JPMorgan's (JPM) Q4 earnings amid lower rates, and weak trading and mortgage
Zacks. Friday, 14 Jan 2022.
- Marilyn Mosby, Baltimore's top prosecutor, indicted on perjury charges
BALTIMORE — A federal grand jury indicted Baltimore’s top prosecutor Thursday on charges of perjury and making false mortgage
applications in the purchase of two Florida vacation homes, the Office of the U.S. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 13 Jan 2022.
- Down 67% From Peak, Rocket Mortgage Stock Is No Bargain
People don't refinance much when mortgage
rates rise. By the end of 2022, they could hit 4%. That will not help Rocket's stock.
Forbes. Saturday, 8 Jan 2022.
- Americans Ring In 2022 With Highest Mortgage Rates Since The Pandemic Started
Projected to average 3.7% by the end of the year
Daily Caller. Thursday, 6 Jan 2022.
- California has a new COVID mortgage relief program. Here's how to get help
The state is launching its long-awaited mortgage
relief program to help homeowners facing COVID-related money troubles. Here are the rules.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022.
News Headlines and News Summaries