This Mortgage news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about mortgages from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Italian Restaurant, Mortgage Company Total Loss After Fire Rips Through Building
Ruggeri's Italian Restaurant and the offices of Fairway Mortgage Company in Colleyville are a total loss after a large fire ripped through the building Thursday afternoon.
NBC. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Mortgage rates fall, homebuilder stocks rise amid US-China trade tensions
CNBC's Diana Olick reports on how escalating trade tensions with China are impacting mortgage rates and the housing market.
CNBC. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- A glance at US mortgage rates down slightly this week
Long-term US mortgage rates fell slightly this week, marking a fourth straight week of declines to lure prospective purchasers in the spring homebuying season
ABC News. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Mortgage rates fall sharply on China trade tensions
Investors are rushing into the relative safe haven of the bond market, causing the yield on the U.S. 10-year Treasury to plummet.
CNBC. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Mortgage rates hit yearly lows
Mortgage rates continued to slide downward this week, reaching a new yearly low of 4.06 percent on a 30-year, fixed-rate mortgage.
Inman. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Same-sex couples face discriminatory lending practices: Study
Same-sex couples were 73 percent more likely to be rejected for mortgages than heterosexual couples, according to an Iowa State University Ivy College of Business analysis. ...
Inman. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Tesco Bank to pull out of mortgage market
The bank blames "challenging market conditions" for its decision to stop offering new mortgages.
BBC News. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- US long-term mortgage rates fall; 30-year average at 4.07%
U.S. long-term mortgage rates fell slightly this week, marking a third straight week of declines as a continued inducement to purchasers in the spring homebuying season. ...
ABC News. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- 5 Top Stocks to Buy as Housing Market Woes Ease
U.S. homebuilders report a rebound in sales on lower mortgage rates, making them hopeful about the housing market.
Zacks. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- U.S. growth would have contracted without trillions in government, consumer debt: Gundlach
U.S. growth appears to be based "exclusively" on government, corporate and mortgage debt and the economy would have contracted if the United States had not added trillions in debt, Jeffrey ...
Reuters. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- The cities with the highest and lowest mortgage payments in America
Some 63 percent of American homeowners have a mortgage - with costs varying dramatically from one city to the next, according to a new analysis of federal data.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 7 May 2019.
- Bank of Canada's Poloz says mortgage market should offer more product choices
Bank of Canada governor Stephen Poloz says it's time for fresh ideas when it comes to Canadians' mortgage options. ...
CBC News. Monday, 6 May 2019.
- Let This 6-Course Bundle Guide You In Buying Your First Home
For a limited time, you can get this Mortgage & Real Estate Investment Bundle as a Pay What You Want Deal
Daily Caller. Sunday, 5 May 2019.
- U.S. home prices are cooling off for spring selling season
Modest mortgage rates and more housing inventory mean a buyer's market for many Americans.
CBS News. Tuesday, 30 Apr 2019.
- Morgan Stanley to Pay California $150 Million Over Mortgage Crisis Claims
The case was the last remaining government lawsuit against the bank over financial crisis-era issues.
New York Times. Thursday, 25 Apr 2019.
Calculating a home mortgage
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries