This Mortgage news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about mortgages from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Here's Why You Should Buy Homebuilder ETFs Now
The housing sector in the United States seems to be going strong, thanks to low mortgage
Zacks. Friday, 28 Feb 2020.
- Mortgage rates just hit an 8-year low. Here's why they're not even lower
rates just fell to an 8-year low, but they are not falling as fast as Treasury yields, because of the swiftness of the declines and the resulting risk to investors in mortgage-backed bonds.
CNBC. Friday, 28 Feb 2020.
- Low Mortgage Rates Help Boost Existing Home Sales In Miami-Dade
Cash buyers comprised 33.8% of January total closed sales, almost double the national figure of 21%. Lack of access to mortgage
loans continues to inhibit further growth of the existing condominium market, the association report states.
Forbes. Friday, 28 Feb 2020.
- Pending Home Sales Rebound In January As Low Mortgage Rates Provide A Boost
Pending home sales increased in January, a welcome rebound after a decline in December.
Forbes. Thursday, 27 Feb 2020.
- As coronavirus spreads, here's what to watch out for when it comes to your money
From retirement savings to mortgages
to credit card interest rates, there are many areas of the economy that the coronavirus could touch. Here's what we know now about the ways the outbreak could affect your money.
CNBC. Thursday, 27 Feb 2020.
- New Home Sales Raced to a 12.5-Year High: 5 Big Winners
Sales of new US-single family homes soared to the highest level since 2007 as low mortgage
rates, healthy labor market and wage growths boosted demand.
Zacks. Thursday, 27 Feb 2020.
- PCMA Re-Brands Retail Website PCMA.Mortgage
ALISO VIEJO, Calif. - PCMA, the pioneer and category leader in Non-Bank Private Client Lending today announced the revamp of their Consumer Direct website, PCMA.Mortgage. ... ...
Business Wire. Wednesday, 26 Feb 2020.
- Mortgage rates fall to lowest level in 8 years
Thinking of buying a house or refinancing your home loan? Now may be a great time to do it, experts say.
CBS News. Tuesday, 25 Feb 2020.
- Case-Shiller Home Prices Jump 2.9% on Low Rates, Inventory
U.S. home prices rose at a faster pace in December as mortgage
rates remained low and a falling supply of available properties set off bidding wars between buyers.T
Newsmax. Tuesday, 25 Feb 2020.
- Homebuyers see fierce competition across the country
rates and a lack of inventory have created a highly competitive market. In San Jose, one homebuyer had to put 50 percent down and write a letter to the sellers in order to beat 24 other offers.
Inman. Monday, 24 Feb 2020.
- Wells Fargo to pay $3 billion for phony-account scandal
Bank settles over widespread abuse of millions of customers of its banking, auto-lending and mortgage
CBS News. Friday, 21 Feb 2020.
- Michael Bloomberg pitches plan to combine Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae
The presidential hopeful wants to make Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae a "single, fully government-owned mortgage
guarantor" that benefits taxpayers and community banks.
Inman. Wednesday, 19 Feb 2020.
- Ottawa unveils new mortgage stress test rules that will make it easier to pass
Starting in April, the government will change the rules that cover mortgage
lending in a way that should in the short term at least make it easier to qualify for a loan to buy a home.
CBC News. Tuesday, 18 Feb 2020.
- Flat owners unable to sell or remortgage due to cladding crisis
Concerns about cladding across Britain followed the Grenfell Tower fire in 2017 as lenders refused to provide finance on homes made of combustible material - leaving flat owners unable to sell.
Daily Mail. Monday, 17 Feb 2020.
- Best identity theft protection and monitoring services in 2020 - CNET
Is someone applying for a mortgage
in your name? Ruining your credit? The best identity theft protection and monitoring service can help you find out -- and fight back.
CNET. Saturday, 15 Feb 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries