This Mortgage news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about mortgages from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Mortgage refinances surge 8%, as rates fall to the lowest level since January 2018
Homeowners are taking advantage of lower interest rates, rushing to refinance their mortgages before rates potentially turn higher again.
CNBC. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Home sales fell in April despite a big drop in mortgage rates
Sales of existing U.S. homes fell 0.4% in April compared with March to a seasonally adjusted annualized rate of 5.19 million units, according to the National Association of Realtors. Sales were 4.4% lower compared with April 2018.
CNBC. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Tesco Bank to pull out of mortgage market
The bank blames "challenging market conditions" for its decision to stop offering new mortgages.
BBC News. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Federal Housing Administration seeks to loosen condo financing: NAR
For a decade, NAR has urged the Federal Housing Administration to make it easier for condo buyers to qualify for FHA-insured mortgages. Now the FHA is making progress on this front.
Inman. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- A glance at US mortgage rates down slightly this week
Long-term U.S. mortgage rates fell slightly this week, marking a third straight week of declines as a continued inducement to purchasers during the spring homebuying season
ABC News. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- US long-term mortgage rates fall; 30-year average at 4.07%
U.S. long-term mortgage rates fell slightly this week, marking a third straight week of declines as a continued inducement to purchasers in the spring homebuying season. ...
ABC News. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- 5 Top Stocks to Buy as Housing Market Woes Ease
U.S. homebuilders report a rebound in sales on lower mortgage rates, making them hopeful about the housing market.
Zacks. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- U.S. growth would have contracted without trillions in government, consumer debt: Gundlach
U.S. growth appears to be based "exclusively" on government, corporate and mortgage debt and the economy would have contracted if the United States had not added trillions in debt, Jeffrey ...
Reuters. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- Affordability dipped as home prices rose in March: NAR
Housing affordability dipped in March despite low mortgage rates and rising household incomes thanks to the median existing-home value climbing to $261,100.
Inman. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- The cities with the highest and lowest mortgage payments in America
Some 63 percent of American homeowners have a mortgage - with costs varying dramatically from one city to the next, according to a new analysis of federal data.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 7 May 2019.
- Bank of Canada's Poloz says mortgage market should offer more product choices
Bank of Canada governor Stephen Poloz says it's time for fresh ideas when it comes to Canadians' mortgage options. ...
CBC News. Monday, 6 May 2019.
- Let This 6-Course Bundle Guide You In Buying Your First Home
For a limited time, you can get this Mortgage & Real Estate Investment Bundle as a Pay What You Want Deal
Daily Caller. Sunday, 5 May 2019.
- U.S. home prices are cooling off for spring selling season
Modest mortgage rates and more housing inventory mean a buyer's market for many Americans.
CBS News. Tuesday, 30 Apr 2019.
- Morgan Stanley to Pay California $150 Million Over Mortgage Crisis Claims
The case was the last remaining government lawsuit against the bank over financial crisis-era issues.
New York Times. Thursday, 25 Apr 2019.
- Morgan Stanley to pay $150 million to settle California crisis-era mortgage charges
Morgan Stanley will pay $150 million to settle charges it misled two large California public pension funds about the risks of mortgage-backed securities they bought in the years leading up to the 2008 global financial crisis.
Reuters. Thursday, 25 Apr 2019.
Calculating a home mortgage
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries