This Mortgage news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about mortgages from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Boost for first-time buyers as 95% mortgage deals triple in a month
Borrowers with 5 per cent deposits now have more than 110 mortgages
to choose from, figures reveal.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 11 May 2021.
- End of mortgage payment relief looms for 2.2M homeowners
Many homeowners who were granted forbearance during the pandemic are scheduled to hit 18-month program eligibility limit at the end of September.
Inman. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- First-time buyer mortgage rejections spike: Here's how to boost your chances of being accepted
First-time buyers are more likely to be rejected for a mortgage
now than prior to the pandemic, according to Aldermore Bank - but there are steps they can take to boost their chances of being accepted.
Daily Mail. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Why Rocket Companies (RKT) Stock Slumped on Friday
Shares of mortgage
lender Rocket Companies (RKT) closed down over 5% on Friday as investors and analysts continue to digest the company???s Q1 earnings results.
Zacks. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- RE/MAX predicts banner year with tech, mortgage investments
RE/MAX's Friday earnings call focused on the company's 2021 trajectory, with Motto Mortgage, booj and other tech investments paving the way to growth.
Inman. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Should You Buy Cherry Hill Mortgage (CHMI) Ahead of Earnings?
Cherry Hill Mortgage
(CHMI) is seeing favorable earnings estimate revision activity and has a positive Zacks Earnings ESP heading into earnings season.
Zacks. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Chicago suburb set to pay reparations, but not all on board
Acknowledging past racist policies, Evanston is giving eligible Black residents $25,000 housing grants for down payments, repairs or existing mortgages
Fox News. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Charity pays off mortgage for family of fallen NYPD officer
A charity dedicated to honoring military and first responders who make "the supreme sacrifice" for America will pay off the mortgage
on the home of a fallen New York Police Department officer.
Fox News. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Entrepreneurs Are Bringing Transparency To Home Buying And Empowering The BIPOC Community
Looking to buy a home for the first time can be a bit intimidating. Need to understand how a mortgage
works, as well as finding the right home to purchase that one can truly afford.
Forbes. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- How your house can help fund your retirement
From downsizing to cashing out with a reverse mortgages, your home can be a major source of income in retirement
CBS News. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Weekly mortgage demand stalls as rates rise and fierce competition hurts home sales
It was a mixed bag for mortgage
demand last week, as higher rates did nothing for refinances and homebuyers continued to face steep competition.
CNBC. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- The Future Of Work Now: Intelligent Mortgage Processing At Radius Financial Group
Radius financial group, a mid-size mortgage
origination company, has harnessed AI and robotic process automation to dramatically change the way loans are processed.
Forbes. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- Record mortgage borrowing as owners move or improve
Stamp duty holidays and low mortgage
rates push borrowing to the highest levels since records began.
BBC News. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- Mortgage borrowing takes largest monthly leap as economy finds new gear
There is growing evidence the economy is finding a new gear following more than a year of coronavirus disruption, with two readings of activity showing record rates of growth for this century.
Sky News. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- Should you pay off your mortgage in retirement? Experts weigh in on whether to cut that debt
A variety of considerations should weigh into your decision of whether to pay off a mortgage, including rate of return, tax implications and peace of mind.
CNBC. Sunday, 2 May 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries