This Mortgage news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about mortgages from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Have savings and mortgage rates already peaked? This is Money podcast
Savings and mortgage
rates rocketed but even as the Bank of England continues to raise rates have they already gone as high as they will?
Daily Mail. Friday, 25 Nov 2022.
- Here's Why Investors Should Steer Clear of Lennar (LEN) Now
rates and affordability issues are potent headwinds for Lennar (LEN).
Zacks. Friday, 25 Nov 2022.
- Should I overpay my mortgage while the rate is still low or save the money in cash?
I've got four years to go on my ultra-low fixed rate mortgage
deal at 1.29% - but I could cover my interest payments and more by keeping the cash in savings.
Daily Mail. Friday, 25 Nov 2022.
- Mortgage Demand Down Up To 88% From This Time Last Year
Given that rising interest rates are what has prompted the slow down, it stands to reason that continuing on this path will put more pressure on real estate.
Forbes. Thursday, 24 Nov 2022.
- Mortgage demand rises 2.2% as interest rates decline slightly
applications rose for the week, but were still far below last year's levels.
CNBC. Thursday, 24 Nov 2022.
- Mortgage demand up for 3rd week in a row as rates continue to ease
Economists forecast mortgage
rates will continue to fall as Federal Reserve minutes suggest policymakers are preparing to wind down an aggressive campaign to fight inflation.
Inman. Wednesday, 23 Nov 2022.
- Five-year mortgage rates back below 6%
Average five-year mortgage
rates fell below 6% this week for first time since October.
BBC News. Wednesday, 23 Nov 2022.
- After 2-year ordeal, FHA borrowers can now buy private flood insurance
The Department of Housing and Urban Development on Monday announced it had prevailed in expanding flood insurance choices for homebuyers with Federal Housing Administration-insured mortgages.
Inman. Tuesday, 22 Nov 2022.
- Can Homebuilding ETFs Rebound Ahead?
The U.S. housing market has suffered a lot this year. However, mortgage
rates are falling lately. Can it lead to a rebound in home building ETFs?
Zacks. Tuesday, 22 Nov 2022.
- Buyers need a six-figure income to afford a 'typical' home, report finds. Here's how to reduce the cost
In October, home buyers needed to earn $107,281 to afford the median monthly mortgage
payment for a "typical home." Here's how to reduce the cost.
CNBC. Friday, 18 Nov 2022.
- Real Estate Trends: Why Did Mortgage Rates Suddenly Drop?
rates dropped suddenly in early November when the latest inflation report was released. Here are the factors that play into rates dropping the way they just did, and if they will drop again soon.
Forbes. Friday, 18 Nov 2022.
- Sales of existing homes slump for ninth straight month, slowest pace in U.S. since 2011
Sales of previously owned homes fell for the ninth straight month in October, another indicator that inflation and higher mortgage
rates are slowing the U.S. housing market dramatically.
Washington Times. Friday, 18 Nov 2022.
- Household disposable incomes are heading for their biggest fall on record
Addressing MPs in the House of Commons, Jeremy Hunt promised that his autumn statement would lead to "lower inflation, lower mortgage
rates, a shallower downturn and lower unemployment".
Sky News. Thursday, 17 Nov 2022.
- "Zombie Debt": Homeowners face foreclosure on old mortgages
"I don't even know these people because they never contacted me," said one homeowner facing $130,000 in debt.
CBS News. Wednesday, 16 Nov 2022.
- Cost of living: 'We've got to sell our family home due to mortgage rise'
A mother-of-three says she can't see any option than selling her house due to mortgage
BBC News. Monday, 14 Nov 2022.
News Headlines and News Summaries