This Mortgage news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about mortgages from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Wells Fargo (WFC) Q4 Earnings Beat, Stock Falls on Lower Revenues
Wells Fargo's (WFC) Q4 results reflect solid mortgage
activity, reduced net interest income, along with lower provisions and expenses.
Zacks. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- JPMorgan (JPM) Q4 Earnings Beat on Reserve Release, Fee Income
Improvement in fee income components - trading, investment banking and mortgage
- along with reserve releases supports JPMorgan's (JPM) Q4 earnings amid low rates and weak loan demand.
Zacks. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- Santander joins mortgage lenders turning off the tap for self-employed with new 40% deposit rule
Santander has excluded self-employed home buyers from its lower-deposit mortgage
deals, meaning that new borrowers will now need a deposit of at least 40%.
Daily Mail. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- Initiative to boost homeownership among Native Americans debuts
Agency, a tribally owned housing finance agency, and the National Urban Indian Family Coalition are teaming up to offer homebuyer workshops.
Inman. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- Deposits are falling, rates rising and prices uncertain. Should I buy my first home during Covid?
The return of low-deposit mortgages
means it is once again possible to get on the ladder - but there is a chance mortgage
rates and house prices may fall in 2021. Should first-time buyers move now or wait?
Daily Mail. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- Mortgage refinance demand spikes 20% as borrowers fear missing out on record-low rates
After setting more than a dozen record lows last year, mortgage
rates began 2021 on an upward climb. That lit a fire under borrowers hoping to refinance.
CNBC. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
- Cavaliers, LG, Crescent Digital Partner Up To Revitalize Over 750 Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse Digital Displays
FieldHouse, a multi-purpose public sports and entertainment venue, and home of the Cleveland Cavaliers, recently transformed its 25-year-old infrastructure into a cutting-edge facility including over 750 digital displays.
Forbes. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
- How this couple paid off their $195,000 mortgage in under 4 years
Andy and Nicole Hill bought a 2,600-square-foot home just outside of Detroit at the end of 2013. They paid it off in November 2017.
CNBC. Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021.
- Serious delinquencies rising fast: CoreLogic
delinquencies are much higher than they were last year, fueled largely by the rise of payments late by more than 90 days amid the pandemic.
Inman. Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021.
- Mortgage Interest Rates Slide Again To A Brand New Record Low
The new year has kicked off with a new interest rate, and it is lower than it has ever been.
Forbes. Friday, 8 Jan 2021.
- Mortgage lending surges to 13-year high
A stamp duty holiday, which expires in March, sparked a flurry of homebuying activity.
BBC News. Monday, 4 Jan 2021.
- Buoyant housing market sees mortgage approvals top 100,000 in a month
More than 100,000 mortgages
were approved in November defying expectations that a strong bounce-back in the housing market was set to slow down.
Sky News. Monday, 4 Jan 2021.
- Wait for federal CARES Act rent, mortgage assistance too long, IL residents say
Illinois residents who have applied for federal money to help pay their rent or mortgage
say they've been dealing with long delays.
ABC News. Thursday, 24 Dec 2020.
- Judge: City erroneously excluded immigrants from housing aid
PHOENIX (AP) - A judge has ruled the city of Phoenix erroneously excluded immigrants from receiving coronavirus aid to cover utility bills, mortgage
and rental costs. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 10 Dec 2020.
- High court takes on Fannie, Freddie presidential power case
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court is hearing a case Wednesday that could make it easier for the president to fire the head of the agency that oversees government-controlled mortgage
giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 9 Dec 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries