This Mortgage news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about mortgages from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- US Housing is Booming in 2020: Here's How to Trade It
Record home purchases were made in December, a sign that record low unemployment rate and favorable mortgage
rates are luring buyers back into the housing market.
Zacks. Thursday, 23 Jan 2020.
- Weekly mortgage applications pull back slightly after strong start to 2020
application volume fell 1.2% last week from the previous week, according to the Mortgage
CNBC. Wednesday, 22 Jan 2020.
- Advice for homeowners looking to refinance their mortgage
Almost 63% of mortgage
applicants are homeowners looking to refinance. Jill Schlesinger explains how low mortgage
rates could help homeowners cut their costs, as part of our series Eye on Money.
CBS News. Tuesday, 21 Jan 2020.
- Factors Likely to Shape D.R. Horton's (DHI) Q1 Earnings
rates, industry-leading market share, broad geographic footprint and affordable product offerings across multiple brands are likely to reflect on D.R. Horton's (DHI) fiscal Q1 earnings.
Zacks. Tuesday, 21 Jan 2020.
- Single mum, 26, given a year to live is fundraising to keep her home after missing mortgage payment
Lauren Maddock, 26, from Malvern, told FEMAIL she is undergoing treatment to give her a seven per cent change of extending her life - giving her more time with her two children Penny, 6, and Arthur. 3.
Daily Mail. Monday, 20 Jan 2020.
- Housing Starts Soar 16.9% to 13-Year High
Construction of new homes surged in December to the highest level in 13 years, capping a year in which falling mortgage
rates and a strong labor market helped lift the prospects of the housing industry.
Newsmax. Friday, 17 Jan 2020.
- 4 key questions to ask now before you decide to refinance your mortgage
With 30-year mortgage
rates at historic lows, more homeowners are refinancing. But before you sign on the dotted line, ask yourself these four key questions.
CNBC. Thursday, 16 Jan 2020.
- Buying Is More Affordable Than Renting In These Major Urban Areas
These seven cities buck the trend of being more affordable to have a mortgage
than a rent payment each month.
Forbes. Friday, 10 Jan 2020.
- Mortgage broker fined $120K for revealing credit histories on Yelp
The FTC says Mount Diablo Lending and its owner responded to negative reviews by posting consumer's credit history, debt-to-income ratio and other personal information.
Inman. Wednesday, 8 Jan 2020.
- Long-Term Mortgage Rates Ease as 30-Year Loan Hits 3.72 Percent
U.S. long-term mortgage
rates declined slightly this week, remaining close to the historically low levels where they have hovered for the past two months.
Newsmax. Thursday, 2 Jan 2020.
- Five Mortgage Trends Likely To Continue Into 2020
Based on trends we have seen over recent months and even years, we can project that several trends will continue in the mortgage
sector going forward.
Forbes. Thursday, 2 Jan 2020.
- Court rules in favor of FTC in mortgage relief scheme
The FTC originally halted the operations of 13 companies accused of falsely promising consumers it could help them stave off foreclosure.
Inman. Monday, 30 Dec 2019.
- Average family can't afford to buy a home in 71% of country
Progress seen as mortgage
rates fall and some incomes rise, but home prices expected to jump another 2.2% next year.
CBS News. Friday, 27 Dec 2019.
- Habitat for Humanity, heavily in debt in Edmonton, asks low-income families to pay interest
More than 50 low-income families that signed up for what they thought was a zero-per-cent finance agreement with Habitat for Humanity Edmonton for a mortgage
now face a credit check they worry they will not pass.
CBC News. Thursday, 19 Dec 2019.
- 'Mortgage prisoners' sue over 'unfair' rates
Homeowners, including former customers of Northern Rock and Bradford & Bingley, claim they have been overcharged.
BBC News. Wednesday, 18 Dec 2019.
News Headlines and News Summaries