This Military news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about military news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- David Stirling: The rogue soldier who created the SAS
David Stirling, the Scot known as the founder of the SAS, was not what you would expect of a military
BBC News. Sunday, 27 Nov 2022.
- Fears of diphtheria spread after infected migrants moved from Manston to hotels around UK
Concerns grew after the Home Office yesterday confirmed that a migrant who died at the former military
base in Kent last weekend had contracted the infection, which may have caused his death.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 27 Nov 2022.
- Ukraine works to restore water, power after Russian strikes
Ukrainian authorities endeavored on November 26 to restore electricity and water services after a recent pummeling by Russian military
strikes that vastly damaged infrastructure.
Radio Liberty. Saturday, 26 Nov 2022.
- U.K. Says Russia Likely Removing Nuclear Warheads From Missiles And Firing At Ukraine
Russia is likely removing nuclear warheads from ageing nuclear cruise missiles and firing unarmed munitions at Ukraine, Britain's military
Radio Liberty. Saturday, 26 Nov 2022.
- US Bans Chinese Tech That Allegedly Lets China Spy On Military Sites
'The security threats are real'
Daily Caller. Saturday, 26 Nov 2022.
- Wisconsin weighs changes to military absentee voting after top election official charged with fraud
Members of the Wisconsin Election Commission say they've talked about the potential for a change in state law that would allow military
voters to use their military
IDs to verify their identity.
ABC News. Saturday, 26 Nov 2022.
- Gunmen Disguised as Nigerian Military Kill Three Policemen and Abduct Oil Executive
Police in Nigeria's oil rich Niger Delta say gunmen dressed in military
uniforms killed three police escorts and abducted an oil executive. ...
Voice of America. Friday, 25 Nov 2022.
- Fury as British Army veteran found GUILTY of killing man in Northern Ireland at checkpoint in 1988
veteran David Jonathan Holden has been found guilty of the manslaughter of Aidan McAnespie, who was shot in the back at an Army checkpoint in Northern Ireland in 1988.
Daily Mail. Friday, 25 Nov 2022.
- Europe scrambles to help Ukraine keep the heat and lights on
European officials are scrambling to help Ukraine stay warm and keep functioning through the bitter winter months, pledging Friday to send more support that will mitigate the Russian military's efforts to turn off the heat and lights.
Washington Times. Friday, 25 Nov 2022.
- Pakistan Names a New Army Chief, Amid Political Drama Centered on the Military
The appointment of Lt. Gen. Syed Asim Munir comes after weeks of intense speculation and backstage negotiations over who would lead the nuclear-armed military
New York Times. Thursday, 24 Nov 2022.
- Meta claims US military link to online propaganda campaign
The campaign impersonated media outlets and activists but had "little or no engagement", Meta says.
BBC News. Wednesday, 23 Nov 2022.
- Dad who subdued shooter in Colorado LGBTQ club speaks out
Fierro said that his military
training and the instinct to protect those around him made him react instantly.
CBS News. Tuesday, 22 Nov 2022.
- Armed Forces face more than £2bn cuts in real terms, according to Labour calculations
faces a cut of more than £2bn in its day-to-day budget in the year to March 2024 despite growing security threats, new calculations by Labour appear to show.
Sky News. Tuesday, 22 Nov 2022.
- Military plane returns to Midway Airport after bird strike during takeoff
plane had to return to Midway International Airport after it struck a bird during takeoff Monday.
ABC News. Tuesday, 22 Nov 2022.
- Taipei Should Try To Restart Low-Level Talks With Beijing, Taiwan Ex-Foreign Minister Jason Hu Says
"Mainland China basically has no intention to confront the U.S. in military
terms because it is weaker," Hu says.
Forbes. Tuesday, 22 Nov 2022.
News Headlines and News Summaries