This Military news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about military news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Thailand's parliament votes in pro-army house speaker
A military-aligned candidate has won majority support to become Thailand's house speaker, signaling further dominance of the army in the next government, five years after it staged a coup
ABC News. Saturday, 25 May 2019.
- Fighter pilots saw small plane crash off Florida coast
U.S. Coast Guard crews are searching for a small airplane that crashed hundreds of miles off the coast of Florida shortly after it was approached by U.S. military jets
ABC News. Saturday, 25 May 2019.
- Memorial service, burial in Bozeman for World War II soldier
The remains of a Montana man killed during World War II while working to evacuate soldiers from an island east of the Philippines are due to be buried Saturday with full military honors.
Fox News. Saturday, 25 May 2019.
- Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren condemn Espionage Act charges against Assange
Democratic candidates hoping to run against President Trump in 2020 started to speak out Friday against his administration recently charging WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange for publishing classified military and diplomatic documents. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 25 May 2019.
- South Africa's President Ramaphosa sworn in
South Africa's President Cyril Ramaphosa was inaugurated at an event which included a flypast and military parade.
BBC News. Saturday, 25 May 2019.
- For many in the military, financial concerns weigh heavier than deployment
Military families need to be particularly careful when it comes to budgeting, saving and planning for the future.
CNBC. Saturday, 25 May 2019.
- Judge Blocks Trump Use Of Emergency Power To Build Border Barrier With Military Funds
Judge Haywood Gilliam in Northern California granted a preliminary injunction against moving $1 billion in Defense Department funds intended for anti-drug activities.
NPR. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Trump to visit Japanese warship in display of military solidarity
Seventy-four years after Japan's defeat in World War II, the world's third-largest economy is in the midst of a quiet military buildup, at U.S. urging
CBS News. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- WikiLeaks' Julian Assange charged with 17 new criminal counts, including violating Espionage Act
The charges allege he published secret documents obtained by Chelsea Manning, some of which identified sources aiding U.S. military abroad.
CNBC. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- House lawmakers warn Pentagon against choking off information flow
The leaders of the House Armed Services Committee are hitting back at a memo from acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan that they say will restrict the information lawmakers receive from the Pentagon on military operations. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- GOP Reps. Recruiting Military Vets to Run for Congress
Three Republican congressmen are relaunching a PAC aimed at getting more GOP military veterans to run for Congress, Roll Call is reporting.
Newsmax. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Pentagon Mulling Military Request to Send 5,000 Troops to Middle East
The U.S. Department of Defense is considering a U.S. military request to send about 5,000 additional troops to the Middle East amid increasing tensions with Iran, two U.S. ...
Newsmax. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- In 1945, a Japanese Balloon Bomb Killed Six Americans, Five of Them Children, in Oregon
The military kept the true story of their deaths, the only civilians to die at enemy hands on the U.S. mainland, under wraps
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- 6 Die In Jakarta Riots After President Joko Widodo's Election Win Is Confirmed
Saying he will not tolerate rioting, Widodo adds, "The military and the police will carry out stern actions in accordance with the law."
NPR. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Study finds widespread problems for military families in private housing
Families complained of housing issues such as mold, vermin and water quality concerns at more than 160 military installations across the country
CBS News. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries