This Midwife news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about midwife and midwives news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Where are the cast of The Railway Children now?
Here, FEMAIL reveals how the cast have fared since they waved their red petticoats at that oncoming train - from children's TV legend Bernard Cribbins to Call The Midwife's Jenny Agutter.
Daily Mail. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Kate Middleton looks impeccably polished for a video call with Ugandan women's health expert
Kate Middleton, 39, spoke to Ugandan midwife
Harriet Nayiga for Nursing Times to mark the end of Nursing Now, the Duchess' global campaign to raise the status and profile of nursing.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- Shrewsbury baby deaths prompt midwife recruitment drive
The BBC understands as many as 1,000 more midwives
and 80 obstetrics consultants will be hired in England.
BBC News. Thursday, 25 Mar 2021.
- Dentists, veterinarians and med students authorized to administer Covid shots as Biden expands vaccine program
Dentists, EMTs, midwives, optometrists, paramedics, physician assistants, podiatrists, respiratory therapists and veterinarians can begin administering Covid-19 vaccines.
CNBC. Friday, 12 Mar 2021.
- Biden Expands Available Avenues to Get the Vaccine
The administration is sending vaccines to many more pharmacies, opening more federally run mass vaccinations sites and making dentists, medical students, midwives, paramedics and veterinarians eligible to give shots.
New York Times. Friday, 12 Mar 2021.
- The midwives braving armed gangs in Colombia
A group of Afro-Colombian women use their skills to help women give birth in areas run by gangs.
BBC News. Monday, 1 Mar 2021.
- Talk of a COVID baby boom turns into fears of a baby bust - here's what the data reveals
In the early weeks of the coronavirus crisis as the UK entered its first national lockdown, midwives
were bracing themselves for a busy period in nine months' time.
Sky News. Tuesday, 26 Jan 2021.
- In Mexico, Midwives Step in as Covid Overshadows Childbirth
and doctors struggle to help women give birth safely during the grim days of the pandemic.
New York Times. Tuesday, 22 Dec 2020.
- 'I remember saying, 'I can't do this': Mother who lost baby recalls 'toxic culture' on maternity ward
The mother of a newborn girl who died at a scandal-hit NHS trust says she recalls being shouted at by a midwife
on the maternity ward, where a "toxic culture" saw women encouraged to give natural births "at any cost".
Sky News. Thursday, 10 Dec 2020.
Midwives News Headlines and News Summaries