This Midwife news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about midwife and midwives news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Pregnancy and coronavirus: How has giving birth changed during the pandemic?
The BBC's Stacey Dooley meets mothers, babies and midwives
at Bradford Royal Infirmary.
BBC News. Monday, 3 Aug 2020.
- Johnson pictured with son for first time as PM speaks to midwives
Boris Johnson has been pictured with his baby son Wilfred for the first time.
Sky News. Saturday, 18 Jul 2020.
- Nurse and midwife numbers jump by record amount
There are 18,000 more registered than a year ago, but some fear the pandemic could hit recruitment.
BBC News. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- BAME pregnant women to be fast-tracked into hospital due to Covid risk
NHS England is now telling doctors and midwives
to 'lower the threshold' for admitting pregnant women from BAME backgrounds with Covid due to the heightened risk.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 27 Jun 2020.
- Student nurses and midwives voice anger amid row over paid placements
Student nurses and midwives
have voiced their anger and frustration amid a row over paid placements during the coronavirus pandemic.
Sky News. Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020.
- Married couple waiting for children 'didn't realise they needed to have sex first'
Rachael Hearson, 59, has been an NHS nurse, midwife
and health visitor for more than 40 years. Her new book reveals shocking, touching and hilarious stories from her time as a health visitor.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 14 Jun 2020.
Midwives News Headlines and News Summaries