This Midwife news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about midwife and midwives news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Devastated mother, 25, tells how the first funeral she ever attended was for her own baby
Jade Smith from Raynes Park in south London has bravely spoken out about the moment a midwife
turned to her during her 36 week scan and told her that her baby had died.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 21 Aug 2019.
- Somaliland midwife recalls harrowing night her mother paid a friend to perform FGM on her aged 8
EXCLUSIVE: Edna Adan Ismail was the daughter of a Somaliland doctor. Dubbed the 'Muslim Mother Theresa', Edna is now an FGM campaigner after going through the procedure aged 8.
Daily Mail. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Joy Morgan: Churchgoer guilty of student midwife's murder
Shohfah-El Israel is found guilty of the murder of Joy Morgan, whose body has never been found.
BBC News. Monday, 5 Aug 2019.
- Home births at risk as midwife service collapses
One to One had contracts to provide care in the north-west of England and Essex.
BBC News. Wednesday, 31 Jul 2019.
- Ontario pledges $28M to expand midwifery services
Ontario's Health Minister Christine Elliott has announced an additional $28 million this year for midwifery services across the province. The announcement was made Monday in St. Jacobs.
CBC News. Monday, 8 Jul 2019.
- Midwife charged after at-home birth ends in tragedy
Angela Hock could face as many as 20 years in prison if convicted as charged.
ABC News. Thursday, 4 Jul 2019.
- Unlicensed Nebraska midwife charged after baby dies following home birth
An unlicensed Nebraska midwife
was arrested Wednesday after a baby died following an unsuccessful delivery at home.
Fox News. Thursday, 4 Jul 2019.
- Midwife discovers that she delivered her assistant 19 years earlier
in training made a shocking discovery after helping deliver her first baby: her instructor had delivered her 19 years earlier.
Fox News. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Giving Birth in India: 'The Women Here Are Afraid'
Every year, 32,000 women in India die as a result of pregnancy or childbirth. To reduce that number, the government plans to begin training midwives
. A visit to a maternity ward in Hyderabad shows the difference they can make.
Spiegel Online. Thursday, 2 May 2019.
- Man charged with murdering missing midwifery student
Police have charged a man with murdering missing Hertfordshire University student Joy Morgan, who has not been seen since Boxing Day.
Sky News. Wednesday, 27 Feb 2019.
- Man re-arrested over disappearance of midwifery student
A 40-year-old man has been re-arrested on suspicion of murdering missing midwifery student Joy Morgan.
Sky News. Tuesday, 26 Feb 2019.
- UNICEF USA BrandVoice: TIME Reports: UNICEF Midwives Saving Lives In Nigeria
UNICEF USA and TIME fly into conflict zones for an inside look at how UNICEF midwives
are saving and protecting mothers and babies in one of the most dangerous places to give birth in the world.
Forbes. Thursday, 7 Feb 2019.
- Bill Banning Circumcision in Iceland Alarms Religious Groups
Doctors, nurses and midwives
have thrown their support behind the bill, which would ban circumcisions in children without a medical reason.
New York Times. Friday, 2 Mar 2018.
Midwives News Headlines and News Summaries