This Mexican news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about Mexican and Mexico news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Do you want to work at Google? The tech giant is looking for talent in Mexico for its new hub in CDMX
Google is recruiting engineers in cybernetics, systems, application development, data management, telematics and telecommunications for the new Google Cloud technical support center that will open in Mexico
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 11 May 2021.
- Security video shows Playa del Carmen ferry explosion
Investigators in Mexico
are trying to determine the cause of an explosion onboard a ferry in Playa del Carmen on the Caribbean coast. As many as 25 people on a dock were hurt including seven Americans. Vladimir Duthiers reports.
CBS News. Tuesday, 11 May 2021.
- Teen sentenced for smuggling tiger cub
A California teen has been sentenced to six months in prison for smuggling a tiger cub from Mexico
. His attorney claimed he wanted to keep the animal as a pet, but prosecutors argued he was running an animal smuggling business.
CBS News. Tuesday, 11 May 2021.
- Mexican Factories Accused of Labor Abuses, Testing U.S.M.C.A.
The A.F.L.-C.I.O. and other groups are seeking to make use of a new enforcement mechanism in the updated North American trade deal.
New York Times. Tuesday, 11 May 2021.
- US unions file first trade labor complaint against Mexico
MEXICO CITY (AP) - U.S. and Mexican
unions on Monday filed the first labor complaint against Mexico
under the U.S.-Mexico-Canada free trade pact. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Fight Talk: 'The greatest of a generation' - who's next for Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez?
Who's next for Mexican
superstar Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez? Plus Chris Eubank Jr takes aim at Billy Joe Saunders and more in this week's Fight Talk.
BBC News. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Remembering is living! The 13 best jingles of our childhood
A list with the best advertising songs that have been recorded in the mind of the Mexican
Entrepreneur. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Police investigating whether 'kidnapped' woman in viral TikTok was abducted aged four
A viral interview with a 22-year-old woman in Sinaloa, Mexico, is being investigated by police in Washington state, in case it is connected in any way to the disappearance of Sofia Juarez 20 years ago.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- Mexico City metro: Hundreds protest at scene of deadly rail collapse
Demonstrators from around Mexico
City demand justice after 26 people died when an overpass collapsed.
BBC News. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- Many Las Cruces municipal employees back to in-person work
LAS CRUCES, N.M. (AP) - Many municipal employees of New Mexico's second most populous city who have worked remotely during the pandemic are back at their regular work sites. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- Mexico City is SINKING: Land is depressing at an 'unstoppable rate' of up to 20 inches a year
Parts of Mexico
City are sinking 20 inches a year, and experts say there's no hope of reversing it. If water levels aren't raised, North America's most populous city could sink another 100 feet by 2170.
Daily Mail. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Survivor of Mexico City subway collapse reflects on decision to change cars
Erik Bravo decided to walk forward through a couple of subway cars to be closer to the exit at the end of the platform when he arrived, likely keeping him from disaster.
ABC News. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- US Vice President Calls for Immigration Effort With Mexico
Kamala Harris says to deal with migration from Central America, both countries must address Northern Triangle violence, corruption.
Voice of America. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Separated at the U.S.-Canada border: For a father and son, 90 miles is a distance too far
Family separations don't occur only at the Mexican
border, as Carlos Rivera and his young son discovered when they crossed into the U.S. from Canada.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- California border commuters kept waiting as migrants flood crossings: report
U.S. workers who commute to Southern California from places in Mexico
like Tijuana have reported excessively long wait times at the U.S.-Mexico border, according to a report.
Fox News. Friday, 7 May 2021.
Mexican Restaurants News Headlines and News Summaries