This Metal news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about metals from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- MIDAS SHARE TIPS: Copper-bottom mining returns with Trident
prices are soaring and prospects are bright. Trident offers broad exposure to the commodities sector at an attractive 34p price. The shares are a buy.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- Tawny Kitaen, model-actress who appeared in '80s music videos, dies at 59
Tawny Kitaen became the rock world's "video vixen" after appearing on the cover of two albums from the heavy metal
ABC News. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- MARKET REPORT: Takeover frenzy propels mid-caps to all-time high
The mid-cap index shot up 1.3 per cent as takeover news lit a fire under Meggitt and St Modwen Properties shares. And the Footsie was propelled by a metals
rally that lifted the index's miners.
Daily Mail. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Kennametal (KMT) Q3 Earnings Beat Estimates, Decline Y/Y
Kennametal's (KMT) Q3 earnings decline on a y/y basis as high costs and expenses offset a slight increase in sales. It expects a mid-single-digit increase in sales on a sequential basis for Q4.
Zacks. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Pentagon inspector general to audit department's actions on UFOs
In April, the Defense Department confirmed the authenticity of different Navy videos showing objects described as a "sphere," "acorn," "pyramid" and "metallic blimp."
CBS News. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- Olympic Steel (ZEUS) to Post Q1 Earnings: What's in the Cards?
Olympic Steel (ZEUS) is likely to have benefited from strong end-market demand and higher metal
prices in Q1.
Zacks. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- Sculpted in Metal, Stories of History and Identity Take Shape
Works by Melvin Edwards are celebrated in a survey at City Hall Park in Manhattan.
New York Times. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- Metallica talks about the thrill of performing
Metallica has been rocking for decades and they still have fun on stage. The four bandmates tell CBSN about what it's like to hear the roar of their fans.
CBS News. Monday, 3 May 2021.
- Covid: Disposable masks pose pollutants risk, study finds
Throw-away Covid face coverings could be polluting the environment with heavy metals
BBC News. Monday, 3 May 2021.
- With $1 Billion Monthly Surplus, U.S. Gold Trade Shaking Off Wild 2020
U.S. gold exports topped imports by more than $1 billion in February, the latest government data available, suggesting American traders in the precious metal
are increasingly confident in the U.S. economy.
Forbes. Friday, 30 Apr 2021.
- Iron Age treasure: Man's metal detector to be destroyed over coin theft
Detectorist Shane Wood found more than 900 Iron Age coins but kept 23 as a "memento", a court hears.
BBC News. Friday, 30 Apr 2021.
- Former Megadeth guitarist Marty Friedman reflects on leaving the heavy metal band
The musician spoke with Fox News about his new album "Tokyo Jukebox 3" and how living in Japan has influenced his music.
Fox News. Friday, 30 Apr 2021.
- Forget gold? There are better ways to play precious metals, according to one CIO
Over the last year, gold has risen 4%, while silver is up over 70%.
CNBC. Thursday, 29 Apr 2021.
- Paul Raci had a ball at the Oscars, even if he didn't win for 'Sound of Metal'
A lot of people were rooting for Chicago native Paul Raci to win Best Supporting Actor for his role in "Sound of Metal," but even though he didn't come home with an Oscar he still had a ball.
ABC News. Monday, 26 Apr 2021.
- Drivers warned over catalytic converter theft as precious metal value soars
Drivers are being warned to protect their vehicles after a rise in the theft of catalytic converters.
Sky News. Monday, 26 Apr 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries