This Metal news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about metals from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Russia's Norilsk Nickel Reports New Fuel Spill In Arctic
giant Norilsk Nickel said around 45 tons of aviation fuel has spilled from its pipeline in the Arctic.
Radio Liberty. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- Liquid metal synthesis for better piezoelectrics: Atomically-thin tin-monosulfide
Scientists have applied liquid-metal synthesis to piezoelectrics, advancing future flexible, wearable electronics, and biosensors drawing their power from the body's movements. ...
Science Daily. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- NASA starts building its spacecraft which will explore a metal-rich asteroid
NASA has finished designing and started building a spacecraft that will fly to the metal-rich asteroid Psyche, launching on a SpaceX Falcon Heavy rocket in August 2022.
Daily Mail. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- The Gold Rally May Have Just Begun: 5 Top Picks to Tap It
Coronavirus-induced economic devastations and the resulting market turmoil have gone well with precious metals, especially gold.
Zacks. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Discovery of 750-year-old seal of medieval pope in Shropshire is 1.5millionth find by British public
The medieval find, which is more than 750 years old, was a seal of Pope Innocent IV and may have links to an English monarch. It was found by a metal
detectorist in Shropshire.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Liquid crystal integrated metalens for versatile color focus
A research team recently demonstrated active manipulation of chromatic dispersion, achieving achromatic focusing within a designated broadband.
Science Daily. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Trivium Team Up With Full Sail University For Global Livestream Concert
Trivium are metal's latest band to announce a pro-shot and ticketed livestream concert.
Forbes. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- With consumers hitting the road, this stock could be the best summer travel pick
Americans are putting the pedal to the metal
this summer, and traders Craig Johnson and Nancy Tengler like this auto retail stock.
CNBC. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Gold Gains 16% with an 8 – Year High: Why It Will Continue to Rise
Gold managed a breakout to a fresh high at $1779 on Wednesday last week. It is the highest level reached by this precious metal
in nearly 8 years.
Yahoo. Sunday, 5 Jul 2020.
- Gold and Silver Miners are Surging
The precious metals
miners took a beating when COVID first reared its ugly head in the US in March.
Yahoo. Sunday, 5 Jul 2020.
- Wounded cat may have been shot, say police
fragments were removed from the cat's body after she was found injured in the Borders.
BBC News. Saturday, 4 Jul 2020.
- Sky is the limit for Pakistan's metal artist
He trained in electrical engineering, but Nasim Yousufzai's life is about metal
sculptures and creations.
BBC News. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
- Mission man accused of beating man to death with metal bat
RAPID CITY, S.D. (AP) - Authorities say a Mission man is accused of beating a man to death with a metal
bat. Nathan Blue Bird Sr., 37. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
- Moving Average Crossover Alert: Silvercorp Metals
Inc. (SVM) is looking like an interesting pick from a technical perspective, as the company is seeing favorable trends on the moving average crossover front.
Zacks. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
- Russian Metallurgical Giant Admits Waste 'Violations' At Arctic Plant
A Russian metallurgical giant has admitted one of its plants improperly had pumped wastewater into the Arctic tundra and that it suspended the responsible employees.
Radio Liberty. Sunday, 28 Jun 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries