This Metal news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about metals from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 'Don't kill off last UK trading floor,' says Nigel Farage
The ring, where traders huddle around red sofas and shout orders to set metal
prices, has been closed since March because of Covid, with all trading done electronically. Now it may never reopen.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 23 Jan 2021.
- Republican congressman with gun sets off House chamber metal detector installed after Capitol riot
detectors were installed after the Jan. 6 insurrection at the Capitol.
ABC News. Saturday, 23 Jan 2021.
- Maryland lawmaker said to have tried to bring gun onto House floor
U.S. Capitol Police investigating after Representative Andy Harris reportedly set off metal
detectors outside the chamber.
CBS News. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- GOP congressman 'tried to bring a gun onto the floor of the House'
House Rep. Andy Harris (seen right in Washington, DC, on December 3), a Republican from Maryland, set off metal
detectors near the House chamber as he tried to bring a gun onto the floor on Thursday.
Daily Mail. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- Man accused of beating officers in D.C. riot: "I'm not here for Trump"
Emanuel Jackson was seen striking a group of police officers with a metal
baseball bat, according to the arrest warrant.
CBS News. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Uzbek PM Replaces Leadership At Metallurgic Plant Controlled By Powerful Tycoon
Uzbek Prime Minister Abdulla Aripov has replaced the leadership at a large industrial facility controlled by the clan of influential tycoon, Kazakhstan-based Uzbek-Belgian billionaire Patokh Shodiev.
Radio Liberty. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Earnings Estimates Rising for Kennametal (KMT): Will It Gain?
Kennametal (KMT) shares have started gaining and might continue moving higher in the near term, as indicated by solid earnings estimate revisions.
Zacks. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- How short circuits in lithium metal batteries can be prevented
There are high hopes for the next generation of high energy-density lithium metal
batteries, but before they can be used in our vehicles, there are crucial problems to solve. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- Gold, Silver, And Copper: 9 Top Stock Picks For Resource Investors
Spurred in part by expectations for a post-pandemic economic rebound, as well as concerns over future inflation due to fiscal and monetary expansion, several advisors chose metals
and mining stocks as potential winners in 2021.
Forbes. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- LME to propose closure of historic trading Ring
The City's last-remaining open outcry trading ring is to be consigned to history by the London Metal
Exchange (LME) as part of a review aimed at modernising one of the world's most important commodity trading hubs.
Sky News. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- France, Britain, Germany Call On Iran To Halt Uranium Metal Work
European powers have warned Iran against starting work on uranium metal-based fuel for a research reactor, saying it contravened the 2015 nuclear deal.
Radio Liberty. Saturday, 16 Jan 2021.
- Over 11,000 Ice Cream Cartons Recalled Due To Possible Metal Pieces
According to an FDA announcement, Weis Markets has issued a recall.
Forbes. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- Lead poisoning of children
A remediation and public education effort at an abandoned battery recycling facility in Bangladesh eliminated most lead soil contamination, but levels of the toxic metal
in children living near the site did not decrease nearly as much. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- Pelosi Announces Members Of Congress Will Be Fined $5,000 If They Avoid New Metal Detectors
"This is harassment"
Daily Caller. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- Nancy Pelosi wants $5,000 fine for lawmakers who won't submit to metal detectors
Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Wednesday she wants to impose new rules that would slap a $5,000 fine on lawmakers who refuse to go through new metal
detectors on their way to the chamber floor. A second offense would be charged $10,000. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries