This Metal news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about metals from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Titanic wreckage 'rapidly' deteriorating due to bacteria and salt, researchers say
A new look at the Titanic reveals that the ship is being lost to the sea and is slowly succumbing to metal-eating bacteria.
ABC News. Sunday, 1 Aug 2021.
- It could be time to cash in on the falling price of GOLD
Traditionally, gold has been used as a hedge against inflation, which is why, as prices are already rising at 2.5 per cent, it is surprising that the price of the precious metal
has been flat for much of 2021.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 1 Aug 2021.
- Lafayette couple find a sustainable solution to recycle glass
After their local government ended its glass recycling program, Tina Crapsi and Dawn Vincent came up with a new way to recycle glass. Metal
workers by trade, the duo spent months of trial and error to produce an original solution. ...
CBS News. Saturday, 31 Jul 2021.
- Kyrgyz Heavy Metal: Inside The Mercury Mine Of Aidarken
The huge mercury mine at Aidarken in Kyrgyzstan once supplied the entire Soviet Union. It now produces a fraction of its former output, with many of its shafts still filled with floodwaters that took it out of service from 2009 to 2019.
Radio Liberty. Saturday, 31 Jul 2021.
- Will Alpha Metallurgical (AMR) Report Negative Earnings Next Week? What You Should Know
Alpha Metallurgical (AMR) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Zacks. Friday, 30 Jul 2021.
- Strong Mining Demand to Steer Caterpillar's (CAT) Q2 Earnings
Increased spending on mining equipment courtesy of high metal
prices might have driven the performance of Caterpillar's (CAT) Resource Industries segment in the second quarter of 2021.
Zacks. Thursday, 29 Jul 2021.
- Slipknot Drummer Joey Jordison Is Dead At 46, Leaving Legacy Of Seminal Metal Music
With Jordison behind the drums, Slipknot became one of the world's best-selling metal
acts, proving the commercial appeal of extreme music.
Forbes. Wednesday, 28 Jul 2021.
- A metal band took over a Wendy's with a strange performance: VIDEO
For patrons at a Wendy's in Washington, the drive-thru experience was much louder than usual.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 28 Jul 2021.
- Redwood Materials Raises $700 Million In Race To Revolutionize Battery Recycling For Electric Cars
The Nevada startup created and led by Tesla cofounder and former tech chief JB Straubel has set its sights on becoming a powerhouse supplier of recycled metals
and materials needed for rechargeable car and truck batteries.
Forbes. Wednesday, 28 Jul 2021.
- Joey Jordison: Slipknot founding drummer dies aged 46
Jordison was a member of the mask-wearing heavy metal
band and also performed with the likes of Metallica.
BBC News. Wednesday, 28 Jul 2021.
- Couple reunited with wedding ring lost at sea after metal detectorist finds it weeks later
A British couple celebrating their anniversary found lost wedding ring just in time.
Fox News. Tuesday, 27 Jul 2021.
- Noam Chomsky Warns China Is Gaining a 'Near Monopoly' Over Rare Earth Metals
Noam Chomsky believes China could be amassing most of the world's rare earth materials and could pressure other countries with a near monopoly.
Entrepreneur. Monday, 26 Jul 2021.
- Olympic Skateboarder Gets Injured Going Groin-First Into Metal Bar
'That one's gonna hurt'
Daily Caller. Sunday, 25 Jul 2021.
- Health officials advise Rockton residents not to drink well water after elevated metal levels found
Many homes in the area use water sources from the Village of Rockton, but anyone who is using private wells should not ingest it, officials said.
ABC News. Saturday, 24 Jul 2021.
- Royal Mint returns to profit as demand soars for commemorative coins
The Royal Mint reported a return to annual profit this week as investors piled into its precious metals
division, and demand for commemorative coins honouring David Bowie and Sir Elton John soared.
Daily Mail. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
Metals News Headlines and News Summaries