This Metal news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about metals from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Vienna Beef hot dogs recalled as they could contain metal
Maker of Chicago-style hot dogs says 2,000 pounds of beef frank links may be contaminated with "extraneous material"
CBS News. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Why Should You Add Reliance Steel (RS) to Your Portfolio?
Reliance Steel (RS) is benefiting from healthy end-market demand and a favorable metal pricing environment.
Zacks. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- 'I hear the bombs and I need to jam'
Death metal band singer Jake Shuker says living in Syria means the sounds of war infiltrate his music.
BBC News. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Australian finds A$100,000 gold nugget using metal detector
The 1.4kg nugget was found by a man using a metal detector in a Western Australian gold field.
BBC News. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Vienna Beef hot dogs recalled for possible metal contamination
Chicago-based Vienna Beef Ltd., is recalling approximately 2,030 pounds of beef frank links products that may be contaminated with metal, the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service announced Saturday.
ABC News. Saturday, 18 May 2019.
- Artistic manhole covers
On the streets of Japan, you may find remarkable artwork right under your feet. The Japanese have turned black metal manhole covers into well-rounded works of design. ...
CBS News. Saturday, 18 May 2019.
- Metals influence C-peptide hormone related to insulin
Metals such as zinc, copper and chromium bind to and influence a peptide involved in insulin production, according to new work. ...
Science Daily. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Terrifying photo shows metal beam that smashed through woman's windscreen and narrowly missed her
Nicci Sanders from Layton was driving to work on Monday when a heavy metal beam fell off a truck and came crashing through her windshield. She quickly swerved and avoided being impaled.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- China Threatens To Cut Rare Earths Supplies To The U.S. -- Bad Idea
China is threatening to take the trade war to the next stage: cut off rare earth metal supplies to US technology and defense industries.
Forbes. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Improving carbon-capturing with metal-organic frameworks
Chemical engineers have designed an easy method to achieve commercially attractive carbon-capturing with metal-organic frameworks.
Science Daily. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Norsk Hydro eyes Brazil progress as court lifts one of two embargoes
A Brazilian federal court has lifted one of two production embargoes on a key plant owned by Norwegian metals maker Norsk Hydro, the company said on Thursday, raising hopes that full production can soon resume.
Reuters. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Mexico says it is close to U.S. metals tariff deal, waiting for Canada
Mexico is close to resolving its dispute with the United States over steel and aluminum tariffs without quotas but hopes Canada can reach a similar agreement before completing it, a senior Mexican official said on Wednesday.
Reuters. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Man has epic DIY fail by soldering his head stuck between a steel railing he is building
After realising his head won't slide back through the metal frame which he has just created, he is forced to cut through bar with an electric saw.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Federal agency renews Twin Metals mine leases in Minnesota
The federal Bureau of Land Management has renewed mineral rights leases for a proposed Twin Metals copper-nickel mine in northeastern Minnesota
ABC News. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Top US, Canada trade officials to talk metal tariffs remedy
Lighthizer is expected to "float a proposal" to remove the tariffs and "chart a path forward" for the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement, according to a senior administration official.
CNBC. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
Abstract metal image
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries