This Metal news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about metals from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Russian acrobat appears to levitate as she swings by hair from metal bar on train in China [video]
The Russian acrobat, named Darina, is attached to the metal
bar of a metro in Shanghai on January 21. She was seen tapping on her phone with her legs crossed as she hung from the bar.
Daily Mail. Monday, 24 Jan 2022.
- Fortescue: Firm owned by Australia's richest man buys Williams F1 battery arm
says the deal will help it to achieve its target to be carbon neutral by 2030.
BBC News. Monday, 24 Jan 2022.
- Boss of London Metal Exchange Matthew Chamberlain leaving
Matthew Chamberlain will step down from the City institution at the end of April to run an obscure crypto-currency startup.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 22 Jan 2022.
- Metal Detectorist Discovers One of England's Earliest Gold Coins in a Farm Field
The 13th-century gold penny found in southwestern Britain could sell for half a million at auction
Smithsonian. Thursday, 20 Jan 2022.
- Philadelphia metal-pipe attack in office building leaves woman dead; tenant arrested
A man who rented office space in a Philadelphia office building was arrested Wednesday after allegedly beating a woman to death with a metal
pipe as she sat at a reception desk, authorities said.
Fox News. Thursday, 20 Jan 2022.
- Southern Copper (SCCO) to Post Q4 Earnings: What's in Store?
Southern Copper's (SCCO) fourth-quarter 2021 results are likely to reflect the impact of lower production and higher operating costs, offset by higher metal
prices and savings from its cost control measures.
Zacks. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- Commercial Metals and GDS Holdings highlighted as Zacks Bull and Bear of the Day
and GDS Holdings highlighted as Zacks Bull and Bear of the Day.
Zacks. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- Every Time I Die Has Officially Broken Up
Only months after releasing one of 2021's best metal
albums, the legendary metal
outfit has announced they're breaking up.
Forbes. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- Benny Milam, Maggie Leon Win First Red Bull Heavy Metal Street Snowboarding Contest Since 2003
For the first time since 2003, street snowboarding contest Red Bull Heavy Metal
has returned, this time in Duluth, Minnesota. ...
Forbes. Monday, 17 Jan 2022.
- Sutton Hoo's Treasures Were Likely Crafted at This 1,400-Year-Old Workshop
Archaeologists found evidence of metalworking near the famed English burial ground
Smithsonian. Monday, 10 Jan 2022.
- Value, cyclical trades should outperform in 2022 as inflation concerns persist, market analysts say
Energy and metals
stocks are set to benefit from rising inflation, Astoria Portfolio Advisors CEO John Davi says.
CNBC. Thursday, 6 Jan 2022.
- Warren Buffett tells Bernie Sanders he won't intervene in strike at Berkshire-owned company
Bernie Sanders asked Warren Buffett to get involved in a strike at Special Metals, which is owned by Berkshire Hathaway subsidiary Precision Castparts.
CNBC. Friday, 31 Dec 2021.
- Firefighters tackling Belfast Harbour estate blaze
A scrap metal
recycling plant is on fire and the smoke can be seen across most of the city.
BBC News. Tuesday, 28 Dec 2021.
- NYCFC delivers on Deila's promise of heavy metal football
The Bronx team showed off plenty of mettle in its MLS Cup win.
ESPN. Monday, 13 Dec 2021.
- Climber allowed to keep $84,000 of gems he found on Mont Blanc
The precious stones had remained hidden in a metal
box that was on board an Indian plane that crashed some 50 years earlier.
CBS News. Wednesday, 8 Dec 2021.
Metals News Headlines and News Summaries