This Metal news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about metals from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Download Festival hit by barrage of complaints as locals 15 miles away 'kept awake' by heavy metal
Around 100,000 fans have descended on Donington Park, Leicestershire, for the four day Download Festival - but families living 15 miles away in Derbyshire claim they can hear noise.
Daily Mail. Friday, 9 Jun 2023.
- Download: Architects talk headlining and cake with Metallica
Architects frontman Sam Carter says the band's co-headline slot is a chance to prove themselves.
BBC News. Friday, 9 Jun 2023.
- Inside Germany's Rheinmetall As Weapons Firm Prepares Expansion Into Ukraine
German weapons manufacturer Rheinmetall is rapidly expanding amid the Ukraine war, and plans are under way to set up operations inside Ukraine.
Radio Liberty. Thursday, 8 Jun 2023.
- Kennametal (KMT) Surges 20.4% YTD: Will the Momentum Continue?
Strength in the Metal
Cutting and Infrastructure segments augurs well for Kennametal (KMT). The company's consistent measures to reward shareholders are encouraging.
Zacks. Thursday, 8 Jun 2023.
- Metalla Royalty & Streaming Ltd. (MTA) Upgraded to Buy: What Does It Mean for the Stock?
Metalla Royalty & Streaming Ltd. (MTA) has been upgraded to a Zacks Rank #2 (Buy), reflecting growing optimism about the company's earnings prospects. This might drive the stock higher in the near term.
Zacks. Wednesday, 7 Jun 2023.
- Download: Metallica fans to sing in memory of super fan, 67
Download festivalgoers pledge to "belt it out" along with the band in memory of Marilyn Rochester.
BBC News. Wednesday, 7 Jun 2023.
- Nearly 300 killed in one of India's deadliest train accidents
Footage from the accident site showed bodies lined up on tracks and the injured being shifted to hospitals while rescuers desperately looked through the overturned and jumbled metal
CBS News. Saturday, 3 Jun 2023.
- Outcry over recycling plant next to Watts high school appears to gain traction
A mediator and attorneys for all parties are projecting a completed settlement by later this year in the legal battle over the Atlas Metals
recycling facility, located next to Jordan High School.
Los Angeles Times. Saturday, 3 Jun 2023.
- At least 288 killed, 850 injured in India train derailment
Images broadcast on local stations showed smashed train compartments torn open with blood-stained holes of twisted metal, and scores of passengers lying beside the tracks.
CBS News. Friday, 2 Jun 2023.
- Moment car thief steals mother's keyless Mercedes by using metal loop to boost fob's signal
Sarah Baxter, from Henley, had been feeding her baby in the early hours of the morning when her car was stolen earlier this month using a technique called relay theft.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 28 May 2023.
- California air regulators vote to ban toxic chrome plating by 2039
California air regulators have voted to phase out the use of a highly toxic metal
that's commonly used to restore classic cars and protect aviation parts.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 25 May 2023.
- 'The story is all about gold.' ETF experts on commodity-based strategies
While deflationary pressures have stripped precious metals
and mining stocks of their luster, flows into certain commodity-based funds continue to accrue.
CNBC. Wednesday, 24 May 2023.
- 'Irreplaceable' Artifacts Stolen From a Museum in Sheffield, England
The 12 items are part of the region's rich history as a metalworking capital
Smithsonian. Friday, 19 May 2023.
- Man with metal baseball bat attacks employees at politician's office
A man with a metal
baseball bat has attacked two employees at a politician's office in the US.
Sky News. Tuesday, 16 May 2023.
- Company directors jailed after wall collapse killed five workers
recycling company directors have been jailed to nine months in prison after five workers died when a 45-tonne wall collapsed and crushed them, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has said.
Sky News. Monday, 15 May 2023.
Metals News Headlines and News Summaries