This Mental Health news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about mental health news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Too many children in mental health hospitals, says report
A lack of support in schools and the community in England is contributing to the problem, says a report.
BBC News. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Pioneering mental health scheme for young people extended
The Distress Brief Intervention project, which has helped almost 3,000 adults, is to be extended to younger teenagers.
BBC News. Sunday, 19 May 2019.
- Stigma deterring elite athletes with mental health issues from seeking help
Stigma is the main reason why elite athletes with mental health issues don't seek the help they need, finds a summary of the available evidence.
Science Daily. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- One in three professional sports stars and Olympians hide mental health problems
Elite athletes choose not to seek help because they fear it'll be seen as a sign of weakness to their competition, the review by the British Journal of Sports Medicine found.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Mental health of millennials vs. Gen Xers
A recent study finds depression is more common among millennials than Gen Xers at same age. Psychiatrist Daniel Bober tells us why and what millennials can do about it.
CBS News. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- These Are Some Of The Best UK Companies With Mental Health Support
This Mental Health Awareness Week, I take a look at some of the companies that are.
Forbes. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Kids Help Phone Celebrates 30 Years. It's Time For Corporations To Do More For Mental Health.
It's time for the corporate world to do more in supporting youth mental health issues. Kids Help Phone is one of those organizations doing good.
Forbes. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- G4S ambulance crew 'recorded themselves saying they could 'beat the f*** out of' a patient'
The driver and crew member had the conversation while unknowingly leaving the Kent mental health patient a voicemail message before taking him to hospital in Ashford.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- British Cycling launches new mental health strategy
British Cycling, criticized in the past for a 'culture of fear', announced on Wednesday a new mental health strategy that includes screening elite riders every six months.
Reuters. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- US firms aim to fight workplace stress amid rise of employee burnout
Wellness app Shine is working with employers across the U.S. to arrange a nationwide Mental Health Break on Wednesday, with more than 50 companies taking part.
CNBC. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Officer fatally shoots woman heard on video claiming she's pregnant
Police on Tuesday said Pamela Turner was not pregnant; family said she suffered from mental health issues
CBS News. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Minnesota senator opens up about her bouts of depression
Sen. Tina Smith of Minnesota is sharing her experiences with depression for the first time as she calls for more federal funding for mental health programs
ABC News. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- Monki's new fashion collection focuses on mental health awareness
Fashion brand Monki is opening up the conversation around mental health with its latest collection. ...
Yahoo. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- 6 Months After Paradise Burned, Trauma Endures For Kids And Adults
Mental health specialists working in the area of the deadly Camp Fire are seeing a second wave of trauma from survivors. But counseling services are in short supply.
NPR. Saturday, 11 May 2019.
- Princes William and Harry back UK mental health text support
Princes William and Harry and their wives, Kate and Meghan, are joining forces to back a text messaging service to help people experiencing mental health problems.
ABC News. Friday, 10 May 2019.
Mental health concept illustration
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries