This Mental Health news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about mental health news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Sporty boys have fewer mental health problems
Researchers found that lads who participate in sports before they even start school are less likely to experience 'emotional distress' between the ages of five and 12.
Daily Mail. Monday, 27 Sep 2021.
- Facebook bosses claim Instagram makes teenage girls feel BETTER about themselves
Facebook is pushing back against claims it has long known Instagram was harmful to teenage girls' mental health
- arguing instead that the app actually makes them feel better about themselves.
Daily Mail. Monday, 27 Sep 2021.
- L.A. Affairs: On our third date, I dropped a potential deal-breaker. I'm bipolar
My therapist had helped me to work out that the third date would be the polite time to let a guy know about my mental health
Los Angeles Times. Saturday, 25 Sep 2021.
- Facebook exec will testify at Senate hearing after report finds Instagram harms teen mental health
Facebook agreed to send Antigone Davis, global head of safety, to testify before the Senate Commerce subcommittee on consumer protection on Sept. 30.
CNBC. Thursday, 23 Sep 2021.
- 'When we won gold I was expecting overwhelming relief, but it just didn't come'
Canada goalkeeper Stephanie Labbe says she can now feel pride in her Olympic gold medal after struggling with her mental health
BBC News. Thursday, 23 Sep 2021.
- Students Say Schools Must Tackle Mental Health to Improve Performance
As educators and students alike attempt to find out how to close the education gap caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, some students say mental health
needs to be a top priority.
NBC. Wednesday, Sep 22 2021.
- Simone Biles to fans: 'We can come out on top of this and we're going to be OK'
Olympic star Simone Biles' life has been marked by profound challenges. She wants to pass on positive mental health
lessons during the Gold Over America Tour coming to Southern California.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 22 Sep 2021.
- Children face 'agonising' waits for mental health care
BBC investigation finds children in England face "agonising" waits in pandemic to access services.
BBC News. Tuesday, 21 Sep 2021.
- Senate will grill tech execs after report that Instagram can harm teens' mental health
Sen. Marsha Blackburn, R-Tenn., the ranking member of the subcommittee, announced the hearing in an interview on CNBC's "Closing Bell" Friday.
CNBC. Friday, 17 Sep 2021.
- Jewell Jones, jailed Michigan Democrat, ordered to get mental health exam
HOWELL, Mich. — A Michigan lawmaker who was jailed for violating his bond conditions in a drunken driving case must complete a mental health
exam, a judge ordered Friday. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 17 Sep 2021.
- Paulina Porizkova tears up on Instagram while remembering Ric Ocasek two years after his death
Paulina Porizkova took to Instagram to update fans on her mental health
amid the anniversary of Ric Ocasek's death. The model shared a video of herself crying.
Fox News. Thursday, 16 Sep 2021.
- Start a Mindfulness Practice and to Reduce Stress and Improve Your Business
Learn better mindfulness and mental health
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 16 Sep 2021.
- Nicola Atzei Explains How Physical Health and Mental Health Are Co-Dependent
“A sound mind in a healthy body” is a well-known motto attributed to old Greek philosophers and was the main component of Hippocratic philosophy. ...
Daily Caller. Thursday, 16 Sep 2021.
- Former Twitter Marketing Specialist Built A Remote Business School For Health And Wellness Coaches
This increased interest in wellness is due to various factors - more anxiety around physical and mental health, introspection during lockdowns, and people pivoting towards entrepreneurship.
Forbes. Thursday, 16 Sep 2021.
- Facebook internal documents show Instagram is harmful to teens
A study commissioned by Facebook found that Instagram can harm the mental health
of young users, particularly teenage girls, according to the Wall Street Journal. Jonathan Vigliotti reports.
CBS News. Tuesday, 14 Sep 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries