This Mental Health news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about mental health news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- More Than Half Of Employees Are Afraid To Discuss Their Mental Health With Their Boss, New Data Shows
The pandemic has taken a huge toll on our collective mental well-being. New data shows that not only has employee mental health
suffered, but employees are afraid to discuss those effects with their bosses. ...
Forbes. Friday, 7 Aug 2020.
- Editorial: Improve mental health care before forcing it on people
It's time for critics of the Lanterman-Petris-Short Act to reconsider their approach to the state's dire mental health
crisis. The state and counties have to find a way to provide ongoing mental health
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 7 Aug 2020.
- Young women are most likely to suffer depression, anxiety and loneliness in lockdown, study shows
University College London' found poor mental health
in lockdown was most common in 19 year olds. But 30-year-old women have had the biggest increase in ill mental health
Daily Mail. Friday, 7 Aug 2020.
- Biden scoffs when asked if he's taken a cognitive test
As President Trump has made mental health
a campaign topic, former Vice President Joe Biden appeared to scoff when a CBS correspondent asked if he has taken a cognitive test. CBS News' Errol Barnett, who asked Biden the question, explains.
CBS News. Wednesday, 5 Aug 2020.
- 'I was living in hell': The harrowing torment of Will Young's twin Rupert and the demons he battled
Will Young's brother Rupert had bravely spoken about his mental health
battles and how he was once plunged so deep in depression he was homeless on the streets drinking with tramps
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 4 Aug 2020.
- 'I'm sad or down most days': The devastating impact of lockdown on mental health
"If I wake up sad, then I just have 15 hours of feeling sad and then I go to bed even sadder."
Sky News. Tuesday, 4 Aug 2020.
- How To Measure Employee Sentiment And Why It Matters
With mental health
concerns at an all-time high, employers are looking for solutions to support their workforce and bolster happiness.
Forbes. Monday, 3 Aug 2020.
- CDC warns Congress of 'significant public health consequences' if schools don't reopen in the fall
The CDC's director told Congress that millions of children get nutritional and mental health
services at schools.
CNBC. Monday, 3 Aug 2020.
- Coronavirus: How henna can help your mental health
Mehndi artists share how their art helped their mental health
BBC News. Sunday, 2 Aug 2020.
- Kids' mental health can struggle during online school. Here's how teachers are planning ahead.
Kids miss their friends. They're stuck at home. They're sleeping erratically. Not to mention the trauma of COVID-19 and economic collapse around them.
Yahoo. Sunday, 2 Aug 2020.
- Betsi Cadwaladr: Calls for health board to release full psychiatric ward report
Betsi Cadwaladr appealed against a decision to make it release the report on care at a mental health
BBC News. Sunday, 2 Aug 2020.
- To improve students' mental health, study finds, teach them to breathe
When college students learn specific techniques for managing stress and anxiety, their well-being improves across a range of measures and leads to better mental health, a new study finds.
Science Daily. Friday, 31 Jul 2020.
- A woman who destroyed a Target mask display stand says we aren't paying enough attention to pandemic mental health
Dubbed 'QAnon Karen' by Twitter users, Melissa Rein Lively filmed her public outburst on Instagram before being taken to a mental health
Yahoo. Thursday, 30 Jul 2020.
- Kim Kardashian West urges compassion for Kanye over mental health disorder
Psychiatrist Dr. Sue Varma discusses bipolar disorder and mental health
after Kim Kardashian West asks for compassion and empathy surrounding Kanye's bipolar diagnosis.
CBS News. Wednesday, 29 Jul 2020.
- Text messaging: The next gen of therapy in mental health
In the US, approximately 19% of all adults have a diagnosable mental illness. Clinic-based services may fall short of meeting patient needs. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 28 Jul 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries