This Mental Health news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about mental health news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Three Things To Do When Imposter Syndrome Strikes
As we increase focus on our mental health, imposter syndrome has emerged as something that holds many people back.
Forbes. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- Exercise addicts urged to build in rest days
A mental health
charity is concerned some people are overdoing it to cope with stress and anxiety.
BBC News. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- Killer who stabbed pregnant woman to death with a screwdriver 'had walked out of mental health unit'
Ryan Blacknell had agreed to visit the Campbell Centre in-patient mental health
unit days before attacking Ella Parker while she was decorating the nursery at her home in Milton Keynes in 2017.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- Self-harm guidance to include advice for schools and prisons
It's not just mental health
professionals who have to spot self-harm, updated health guidance says.
BBC News. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- Blackburn terrorist: Brother of Faisal Akram blames 'mental health struggles' for shooter's actions
British-based terrorist Malik Faisal Akram, 44, was shot dead after an armed stand-off with American intelligence officers at Congregation Beth Israel in Colleyville, Texas on Saturday.
Daily Mail. Monday, 17 Jan 2022.
- 'This is exactly what Maxwell tried': Prince Andrew criticised as lawyers request accuser's health records
Virginia Giuffre's lawyer has criticised Prince Andrew's legal team for requesting her mental health
records, saying people "don't misremember sexual abuse by a prince of England".
Sky News. Monday, 17 Jan 2022.
- 10 ways to manage stress, according to mental health experts
Here are 10 tips from mental health
experts on how to manage your stress in 2022.
Fox News. Sunday, 16 Jan 2022.
- Prince Andrew accused of 'victim blaming' over demand for accuser's mental health records
Prince Andrew has been accused of "victim blaming" and "gaslighting" after his lawyers asked for Virginia Giuffre's mental health
records - including confidential notes from her counselling sessions.
Sky News. Sunday, 16 Jan 2022.
- The Mental Health of Tennis Players Is No Longer in the Shadows
The sport is very stressful, and many professionals had to often manage their anxiety alone. Now the tours provide help.
New York Times. Saturday, 15 Jan 2022.
- Doctors Debate Whether Trans Teens Need Therapy Before Hormones
Clinicians are divided over new guidelines that say teens should undergo mental health
screenings before receiving hormones or gender surgeries.
New York Times. Friday, 14 Jan 2022.
- Jamie Lynn Spears reveals she isolated in a cabin after becoming pregnant at 16: 'I was being alienated'
Jamie Lynn Spears is opening up about her mental health
struggles and a turbulent time she endured in Hollywood when she became pregnant at 17.
Fox News. Wednesday, 12 Jan 2022.
- How Entrepreneurs Can Leverage Visualization: A Neuroscientist Explains
Visualization has been demonstrated to improve music ability, athletic performance, self-confidence, mental health, and even physical strength. ...
Forbes. Wednesday, 12 Jan 2022.
- State seeks to speed credentials for 10,000 direly needed school mental health counselors
California's top public education official said the state will pursue an initiative to add 10,000 mental health
clinicians to schools.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 6 Jan 2022.
- TikTok is helping Gen Z with mental health. Here's what it can and can't do
Adolescent mental health
has suffered due to the pandemic. Here's how the app TikTok has helped fill the gaps.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 5 Jan 2022.
- Chicago looks to double police recruitment efforts, officer community engagement to fight crime
The short and long-term plan emphasizes community engagement, while expanding mental health, drug treatment and wrap-around services.
ABC News. Wednesday, 5 Jan 2022.
News Headlines and News Summaries