This Mental Health news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about mental health news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Nike releases sneakers to promote mental health awareness
The In My Feels Air Max 270s ($180) released on Nike's website Monday. The shoes, which feature a green and white design, sold out within 48 hours.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 21 Aug 2019.
- Air Pollution Linked to Poor Mental Health
As air quality declines, the prevalence of mental health
conditions may rise, a large, new study suggests.
Newsmax. Wednesday, 21 Aug 2019.
- New lawsuit from detainees and advocacy groups claims ICE denied medical treatment
The lawsuit alleges that ICE has both delayed and denied medical and mental health
care to detainees.
ABC News. Tuesday, 20 Aug 2019.
- Possible genetic link between children's language and mental health
A new study has examined genetic variants in six genes that are thought to contribute to language development in children. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 20 Aug 2019.
- Four Ways to Take Care of Your Mental Health When Running a Business
49% of entrepreneurs reported having at least one mental health
Forbes. Monday, 19 Aug 2019.
- Fighting Ageism for Your Mental, Physical, and Financial Health
Ageism in the workplace not only affects our financial health, but our mental and physical health, as well. Dr. Natalie Attenello shares 5 tips to take care of your physical and mental health
to un-retire yourself.
Forbes. Monday, 19 Aug 2019.
- Australian radio DJ behind 2012 royal prank call reveals plans to help people in need
Australian radio DJ Mel Greig, 36, has revealed her plans to help children and mental health
sufferers following nurse Jacintha Saldanha's death when a royal prank call went wrong in 2012.
Daily Mail. Monday, 19 Aug 2019.
- Trump remarks on mental illness, gun violence slammed by mental health advocates
Mental health advocates chastised President Trump for saying the U.S. ...
Washington Times. Sunday, 18 Aug 2019.
- Troubles trauma - the hidden legacy of violence
Thousands of people in Northern Ireland live with mental health
after effects of decades of conflict.
BBC News. Saturday, 17 Aug 2019.
- Trump says US should build more mental health institutions to combat gun violence
"I think we have to start building institutions again because, you know, if you look at the '60s and '70s, so many of these institutions were closed," Trump says.
CNBC. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- 3 Ways Social Media Harms Girls
Bingeing on social media isn't good for any teen, but new research has pinpointed three ways in which hours spent on Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and Facebook may harm the mental health
of young girls in particular.
Newsmax. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Dementia care program improves mental health of patients, caregivers
A comprehensive dementia care program staffed by nurse practitioners working within a health system improves the mental and emotional health of patients and their caregivers.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Instagram is hiding likes. You may be happier in the end - CNET
The social network is testing ways to improve your mental health
CNET. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Man with mental health issues held after Australia knife attack
At least 1 woman stabbed and police say body found at separate location believed to have been acquaintance of suspect, but "all evidence points" to mental health
CBS News. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Senator Graham pushes back on critics of 'red flag' legislation: 'The Second Amendment is not a suicide pact'
Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said Monday that President Trump is determined to pass "red flag" legislation to stop citizens with mental health
problems from getting a gun and to "enhance" background checks.
Fox News. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
News Headlines and News Summaries