This Medical news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about medical news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Colorado signs bill allowing doctors to recommend medical marijuana instead of opioids
Colorado is trying to help limit the opioid crisis by allowing doctors to recommend medical marijuana for any condition their patients are being prescribed painkillers for.
Fox News. Saturday, 25 May 2019.
- NFL Agrees to Study Medical Marijuana for Pain Management
The NFL has been slow to allow ailing players an alternative to opioid painkillers.
Entrepreneur. Saturday, 25 May 2019.
- In Rural West Texas, Illegal Border Crossings Are Routine For U.S. Citizens
In some remote border towns in Texas along the Rio Grande, U.S. citizens cross back and forth for medical care in Mexico. It's a technically illegal reality that local Border Patrol acknowledges.
NPR. Saturday, 25 May 2019.
- Week Ahead: Time is winding down to file comments on interoperability rules
Industry stakeholders have until June 3 to file comments on two proposals from HHS aimed at giving patients more control over their medical records and preventing data-blocking.
Modern Healthcare. Saturday, 25 May 2019.
- Maine to end non-medical exemptions for vaccinations
Gov. Janet Mills has signed into law a bill that eliminates religious and philosophical exemptions for required vaccinations in Maine
ABC News. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Lawmaker calls on governor to nix medical transit contract
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) - A state lawmaker is calling on Rhode Island Gov. Gina Raimondo to cancel the state's contract with a medical transportation company. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Is Avinger (AVGR) Stock Outpacing Its Medical Peers This Year?
Is (AVGR) Outperforming Other Medical Stocks This Year?
Zacks. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Violence, mistrust hamper efforts to combat Ebola in war zone
Only 50% of those infected with the disease are seeking medical help, raising the risk of the outbreak spreading regionally, and even globally.
CBS News. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- East Africa Closer to Banning Hydroquinone Skin-Lightening Products
East African countries are set to ban skin-lightening products that contain hydroquinone, a medical agent linked to health problems when used in high concentrations. ...
Voice of America. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Health care administrator named to state ethics commission
SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) - A woman who oversees regulatory compliance at a private medical practice in southern New Mexico has been named to the state's fledgling ethics commission. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Zika: Children of the outbreak
Just over three years ago, an outbreak of the Zika virus caused a crisis in Brazil: a dramatic increase in babies born with microcephaly. These babies are now young children facing a variety of medical problems and an uncertain future. ...
CBS News. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Acting medical system chief pledges changes to senior staff
The acting chief executive of the University of Maryland Medical System is pledging "significant changes" to senior staff after a scandal involving financial arrangements
ABC News. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Disabled Woman Who Gave Birth At Care Facility May Have Been Impregnated Before
New medical documents filed on Wednesday say the woman was sexually assaulted multiple times. An exam after the birth of the child in December indicated she may have been pregnant before.
NPR. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- New 3D-printed technology lowers cost of common medical test
A desire for a simpler, cheaper way to do common laboratory tests for medical diagnoses and to avoid 'washing the dishes' led researchers to develop a new technology that reduces cost and time. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Has Illumina (ILMN) Outpaced Other Medical Stocks This Year?
Is (ILMN) Outperforming Other Medical Stocks This Year?
Zacks. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
Medical surgery team
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries