This Medical news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about medical news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Covid booster jabs need to be sped up or medical units could become swamped this winter
One month into the programme, only half of eligible over-80s have received a third dose, despite being at heightened risk, NHS figures suggest.
Daily Mail. Monday, 18 Oct 2021.
- Bill Clinton released from UC Irvine Medical Center after treatment for blood infection
Bill Clinton was released Sunday from the Southern California hospital where he had been treated for an infection.
ABC News. Monday, 18 Oct 2021.
- Newcastle-Spurs briefly halted after fan medical emergency
The Premier League match between Newcastle and Tottenham was paused and players left the field after a supporter required medical
Daily Mail. Sunday, 17 Oct 2021.
- Newcastle-Tottenham game halted because of medical emergency in crowd
Newcastle's Premier League game against Tottenham at St James' Park is halted in the 40th minute because of a medical
emergency in the crowd.
BBC News. Sunday, 17 Oct 2021.
- Newcastle's game against Spurs halted for 20 minutes after medical emergency in stands
Newcastle's game against Tottenham Hotspur was suspended for 20 minutes due a medical
emergency in the stands of St James Park on Sunday afternoon.
Sky News. Sunday, 17 Oct 2021.
- Bill Clinton discharged from hospital after treatment for infection
"On behalf of everyone at UC Irvine Medical
Center, we were honored to have treated him and will continue to monitor his progress," Dr. Alpesh Amin, who oversaw doctors treating Mr. Clinton, said.
CBS News. Sunday, 17 Oct 2021.
- Former President Clinton expects to be discharged from Orange County hospital on Sunday
Clinton, 75, was admitted to UC Irvine Medical
Center on Tuesday after feeling fatigued.
Los Angeles Times. Saturday, 16 Oct 2021.
- Hillary Clinton arrives at UC Irvine Medical Center as Bill Clinton recovers from infection
Hillary Clinton was joined by her daughter Chelsea as they visited former President Bill Clinton in the hospital Saturday. Clinton remains in the hospital as he's treated for a urological sepsis infection.
Fox News. Saturday, 16 Oct 2021.
- Canadian pastor defiant as judge orders him to parrot 'medical experts' from pulpit: 'I will not obey'
The Polish-Canadian pastor who has been jailed for holding church services in Calgary, Alberta, said he will refuse to obey a court order requiring him to publicly echo the opinions of medical
experts about COVID-19.
Fox News. Saturday, 16 Oct 2021.
- Are You Prepared for a Major Medical Crisis? Here's How a Crisis Can Affect You Financially
Nobody likes to assume they'll face a health crisis, but it could happen. Are you prepared financially?
Entrepreneur. Saturday, 16 Oct 2021.
- Norway attack: Killer held in medical custody amid mental health investigation
Police believe a bow-and-arrow attack that killed five may have been as a result of mental illness.
BBC News. Friday, 15 Oct 2021.
- Former President Bill Clinton admitted to hospital with non-Covid related infection
Clinton's spokesman Angel Urena said late Thursday that the former president was admitted to UCI Medical
Center in California.
CNBC. Friday, 15 Oct 2021.
- Former President Bill Clinton fighting infection in California hospital
The nation's 42nd president is in "good spirits" and "on the mend" after he was admitted to UC Irvine Medical
Center on Tuesday. Dr. ...
CBS News. Friday, 15 Oct 2021.
- Henrietta Lacks, Whose Cells Were Taken Without Her Consent, Is Honored by W.H.O.
In a ceremony in Geneva, the World Health Organization presented an award to the family of Ms. Lacks, whose cancer cells led to world-changing advances in medical
and scientific research.
New York Times. Friday, 15 Oct 2021.
- Former President Clinton hospitalized in Orange County with non-COVID infection
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is with the 42nd president of the United States at UC Irvine Medical
Center, sources confirmed.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 15 Oct 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries