This Medical news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about medical news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Marlen Ochoa-Lopez's family seeks answers why authorities were not alerted to Figueroa
The family of Marlen Ochoa-Lopez is demanding answers from Advocate Christ Medical Center why authorities were not alerted to suspect Clarisa Figueroa despite no signs of giving birth.
ABC News. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Trump DOJ wants role in lawsuit over pay at 2 NC med schools
A federal lawsuit in North Carolina accusing neighboring research universities of conspiring to depress wages for medical professionals is nearing a settlement, and the Trump Administration wants to enforce the deal
ABC News. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Stress from poverty 'over-medicalised'
Community support groups are a powerful way of tackling mental distress - but they are being lost, a report says.
BBC News. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Thinking outside the box: 'Seeing' clearer and deeper into live organs
Scientists using a unique approach have developed a new biomedical imaging contrast agent. ...
Science Daily. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- South Korea vows to send aid to North quickly, may send food
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) - South Korea vowed Monday to move quickly on plans to provide $8 million worth of medical and nutritional aid for North Korean children through U.N. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- The rumour that led to medical researchers in Ethiopia being killed by a mob
Two scientists were killed by a mob in Ethiopia, who believed they went to a school to poison children.
BBC News. Saturday, 18 May 2019.
- Why the $49 billion merger of eyewear giants Luxottica and Essilor worries some antitrust experts
Since its founding, Luxottica has transformed glasses from a medical device to a fashion statement. Some now question if it has too much power.
CNBC. Saturday, 18 May 2019.
- A look at bills passed by the Missouri Legislature in 2019
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) - Missouri lawmakers finished work Friday for their annual session. Here's a look at some of the bills that passed: ABORTION Prohibits abortions at 8 weeks of pregnancy except in medical emergencies. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- In Syria, Reports Of 19 Medical Facilities Bombed Since April 28
Strikes by the government and its allies have dealt a devastating blow to Idlib province in the north, where the conflict has escalated since late April.
NPR. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Hospital Holds Bedside Wedding for Cancer Patient
Medical City Arlington hosted a bedside wedding for a cancer patient on Friday, May 17. Photo Credit: Medical City Arlington.
NBC. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Mom contracts sepsis from medical swab left inside her after giving birth
Paige Balding, 20, was diagnosed with sepsis after she gave birth to her son Hunter Jae July last year.
Fox News. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Zipline, which delivers lifesaving medical supplies by drone, now valued at $1.2 billion
Zipline delivers lifesaving medical supplies by drone and will soon expand its services in Rwanda, Ghana, and the U.S.
CNBC. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- 'Kisse myne arse': Doctor's notes reveal bizarre medical cases from 400 years ago - CNET
Highlights from one of the largest surviving sets of medical records in history, now available online, open a "wormhole" into life 400 years ago.
CNET. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Pregnant Chicago woman slain, baby cut from her womb
A body found behind a home on Chicago's Southwest Side has been identified by the Cook County medical examiner's office Wednesday as that of a 19-year-old pregnant woman who disappeared last month.
Fox News. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Missouri Senate passes bill to ban abortions after eight weeks
The vote came a day after Alabama's governor signed into law the country's most restrictive abortion bill, outlawing nearly all abortions, absent a medical emergency. ...
Yahoo. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
Medical surgery team
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries