This Medical news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about medical news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Ducks trainer and wife celebrating special 'Becca Blizzard Day' in 2021
For Becca and Chad Walker, a traumatic life experience provided a profound appreciation for collaborations that occur every day in acute medical
ESPN. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- No. 3 Villanova edges Seton Hall in return from 27-day break
Stuck in medical
isolation, Villanova filled its schedule with YouTube videos, FaceTime calls and video games to stay connected. The Wildcats had to create their own entertainment with basketball on pause.
Fox News. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- "Joe Exotic," with limo waiting outside prison, fails to get pardon
Supporters lined up outside the Federal Medical
Facility, hoping to see the Netflix star released.
CBS News. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- New COVID strain in Los Angeles could be driving virus surge
The study, which has not been peer-reviewed, found that more than a third of recent COVID-19 patients at Cedars-Sinai Medical
Center in Los Angeles were infected with the new strain.
CBS News. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- COVID-19 patients in ICUs in full wards twice as likely to die
A new study from the Richard L. Roudebush VA Medical
Center in Indiana found that patients in ICUs with high demands were twice as likely to die as those in ICUs with low demand.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Why Medical Tourism Is Drawing Patients, Even in a Pandemic
The coronavirus pandemic has devastated medical
tourism, but pent-up demand remains for affordable treatment in foreign lands.
New York Times. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- Inconsistent supply is biggest challenge to Covid vaccine rollout, says NJ hospital CEO
"We just can't get it and we can't get it on any reliable path. It's very difficult," Holy Name Medical
Center CEO Michael Maron told CNBC.
CNBC. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- Biden's CDC director says they will use military and medical students to ramp up vaccine rollout
Dr. Rochelle Wallensky told GMA Tuesday morning the CDC will enlist help from military medical
personnel, retirees and nursing and medical
students to get shots in arms.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- Schools may reopen region by region, says medical adviser
adviser suggests schools in England may reopen region by region after lockdown.
BBC News. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- New biomaterials can be 'fine-tuned' for medical applications
Researchers have succeeded in 'fine tuning' a new thermoplastic biomaterial to enable both the rate at which it degrades in the body and its mechanical properties to be controlled independently.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- Does IRS Tax Legal Malpractice Settlements?
Legal malpractice claims arise out of accident and medical
malpractice cases, wills and trusts, divorce, litigation, tax advice, real estate deals, and many other types of legal matters. ...
Forbes. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- Globus Medical (GMED) US Spine Grows, Pricing Pressure Stays
Globus Medical's (GMED) recent product launches are seeing tremendous uptake.
Zacks. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- Why lawmakers tested positive for COVID-19 after Capitol riot, despite vaccinations
experts explain why members of Congress became infected with COVID-19 despite having received one or two doses of the vaccine.
ABC News. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- California Pauses Some Moderna Vaccines
The state epidemiologist made the recommendation after several people who received the vaccine at one community clinic needed medical
attention in the span of 24 hours.
New York Times. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- Covid in Scotland: Army helping set up 80 new vaccine centres
Soldiers from the Royal Army Medical
Corps and Royal Scots Dragoon Guards are involved in the effort.
BBC News. Monday, 18 Jan 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries