This Mechanical news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about mechanical news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Drones and artificial intelligence show promise for conservation of farmland bird nests
Every spring, a large number of ground-nests of farmland birds are accidentally destroyed by mechanical
operations, such as ploughing and sowing. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 14 Jul 2020.
- Spider silk can create lenses useful for biological imaging
Spider silk is useful for a variety of biomedical applications: It exhibits mechanical
properties superior to synthetic fibers for tissue engineering, and it is not toxic or harmful to living cells. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
- M1 crash: Lamborghini wrecked after 20 minutes
Police said the sports car was hit after stopping on the M1 because of "mechanical failure".
BBC News. Thursday, 25 Jun 2020.
- Western Kentucky ferry to remain shutdown another day
HICKMAN, Ky. (AP) - A ferry in western Kentucky will remain out of service a little longer, causing motorists to take long detours. The Dorena-Hickman Ferry extended a temporary closure for mechanical
repairs through Tuesday. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020.
- Willie Thorne placed in induced coma in Spain after former snooker star suffers respiratory failure
The snooker star, 66, who has been battling leukaemia since March, was taken to hospital last week with dangerously low blood pressure and has since been put on a mechanical
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020.
- CCW Weekend: Mechanical Advantage Vs Training Problems
There are, of course, examples of actual mechanical
advantage when it comes to gun stuff, meaning when you really are better enabled to perform a particular task.
Daily Caller. Saturday, 13 Jun 2020.
- Chaos in Georgia as ballot shortages and mechanical difficulties keep voters waiting for five HOURS
Voters across the state stood in line for hours without being able to cast a ballot as a shortage of poll workers and social-distancing precautions caused by the coronavirus exacerbated wait times.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 10 Jun 2020.
- Inventor of ventilator used for coronavirus George Weisz dead at 90: report
George Weisz, a tinkerer-turned-mechanical engineer who designed a popular ventilator being used to treat the coronavirus, has died in the UK at the age of 90, according to a report.
Fox News. Friday, 29 May 2020.
- Logitech reveals a Tenkeyless version of its much-loved G915 gaming keyboard
Under it's Logitech G gaming brand, Logitech has unveiled the G915 TKL Tenkeyless Lightspeed wireless RGB mechanical
gaming keyboard. A wireless keyboard
Pocket Lint. Tuesday, 26 May 2020.
- Aegion's Brinderson Wins Mechanical & Electrical Services Deal
Aegion's (AEGN) Brinderson will provide overall management, and provision of mechanical
and electrical services.
Zacks. Wednesday, 20 May 2020.
- Company creates mechanical face mask to allow wearers to eat without taking it off
Finally, a mask is coming for those who want to do more than just drink your meals.
Fox News. Monday, 18 May 2020.
- Kidney injury seen in one-third of hospitalized virus patients
Nearly 90% of patients who required mechanical
ventilation developed acute kidney injury.
CBS News. Thursday, 14 May 2020.
- EMA recommends expanding compassionate use of Gilead's COVID-19 drug
The European Medicines Agency (EMA) on Monday recommended that Gilead Sciences Inc's experimental drug for the new coronavirus be given under compassionate use to patients other than those undergoing invasive mechanical
Reuters. Monday, 11 May 2020.
- Solid Segmental Performance to Aid EMCOR's (EME) Q1 Earnings
Strength across the business, mainly in the mechanical
construction and industrial services segments, is likely to reflect on EMCOR's (EME) Q1 results.
Zacks. Tuesday, 28 Apr 2020.
- U.S. 'wasted' months before preparing for virus pandemic
Federal agencies largely waited until mid-March to begin placing bulk orders of N95 respirator masks, mechanical
ventilators and other equipment needed by front-line healthcare workers.
Modern Healthcare. Sunday, 5 Apr 2020.
Mechanical Engineers News Headlines and News Summaries