This Meat news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about meat and meats news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Muzzle-bound starving dog escapes from China meat vendors
A Chinese animal lover said the dog's owner had decided to sell it to meat
vendors because he had to move houses. She said the man had tied up the dog's muzzle to prevent it from biting people.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Humans must eat less meat and dairy to cut nitrogen emissions
The livestock sector currently emits around 65 trillion grams (teragrams) of nitrogen a year - equivalent to one-third of current human-induced nitrogen emissions.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- CDC says 9% of meatpacking plant workers have been diagnosed with Covid-19
About 9% of workers at meat
and poultry processing facilities across 14 states have been diagnosed with Covid-19, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
CNBC. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Beyond Meat (BYND) Gains As Market Dips: What You Should Know
In the latest trading session, Beyond Meat
(BYND) closed at $143.11, marking a +0.08% move from the previous day.
Zacks. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Exotic meats are a Chinese delicacy. But they're causing concern about another outbreak.
At least 200 species of wildlife, from snakes to civet cats to scorpions, are bred and traded in China, according to the Humane Society International.
Yahoo. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Nagaland dog meat: Animal rights groups hail ban as 'major turning point'
Animal rights groups say a ban on the sale of dog meat
in Nagaland is a milestone.
BBC News. Saturday, 4 Jul 2020.
- Summer grilling: Simple beef swaps from a butcher and meat scientist
Nothing tastes like summer more than a juicy burger or steak.
Fox News. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- Startup creates plant-based steak with 3D printer that closely mimics 'fat, blood and muscle' of animal
Israeli startup Redefine Meat
is planning to begin testing its 'Alt Steaks' this year.
Fox News. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
- Influence of insect and microalgae feeds on meat quality
Worldwide there is growing demand for animal products for human nutrition, despite the popularity of plant-based diets. This means more feed is needed for animals. ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- Beyond Meat enters grocery stores in mainland China through Alibaba partnership
announced Tuesday that Alibaba's Freshippo grocery stores would start selling its meatless burger patties.
CNBC. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- Persuading China to switch to 'fake' pork
Pork is China's favourite meat
dish, but will new meat
substitutes tempt consumers to give up meat?
BBC News. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
- Lebanon army scraps meat from meals as prices skyrocket
The Lebanese army has scrapped meat
from all meals it offers to soldiers on duty as food prices skyrocket because of a deepening economic crisis, state media said Tuesday. ...
Yahoo. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
- The Pandemic Inspired Target To Get Its Fresh Grocery Act Together
Target has announced plans to add 750 fresh, frozen and refrigerated grocery items, including bakery, dairy, meat
and produce, to its curbside pickup offerings.
Forbes. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- Workers claim grim conditions at meat plant with huge virus outbreak
One migrant worker at the German plant said he was told to work despite having COVID-19 symptoms, another said bosses told them not to bother calling in sick.
CBS News. Friday, 26 Jun 2020.
- 'Circulating air' may have spread COVID-19 to 1,500 German meat plant staff
An outbreak of coronavirus that infected more than 1,500 people at a German slaughterhouse may have been spread by "circulating air".
Sky News. Wednesday, 24 Jun 2020.
Meats News Headlines and News Summaries