This Meat news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about meat and meats news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Cut meat and dairy intake 'by a fifth', report urges
Taxes may be needed to curb eating meat
and dairy in the effort to combat climate change.
BBC News. Thursday, 23 Jan 2020.
- Memphis Meats Raises $161 Million In Funding, Aims To Bring Cell-Based Products To Consumers For The First Time
is on its way to being the first cell-based meat
company to bring their product to market.
Forbes. Wednesday, 22 Jan 2020.
- Beyond Meat stock climbs 13% as Starbucks plans to add more plant-based menu options
Beyond Meat's stock is on pace for its best month ever, back to its May initial public offering.
CNBC. Tuesday, 21 Jan 2020.
- Human heads were butchered for their meat and ritually scooped out in Bronze Age Europe
Researchers led from Spain's Rovira and Virgili University found evidence that skulls were processed in a consistent manner for a total of around 15,000 years.
Daily Mail. Monday, 20 Jan 2020.
- Plant-Based Foods Are Hot; Now, They Just Got Hotter
Plant-based milk is the most developed of all plant-based categories with total dollar sales of $1.86 billion in April 2019, followed by plant-based meat
at $801 million and other sectors including ready-to-drink beverages at $103 million.
Forbes. Sunday, 19 Jan 2020.
- Ninth generation farmer reveals how he turned his family business vegan
EXCLUSIVE: Ninth generation farmer Jaap Korteweg, 57, revealed how he turned his back on meat
- and his centuries-old family business - to launch a range of vegetarian products.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 19 Jan 2020.
- Beyond Meat (BYND) Stock Sinks As Market Gains: What You Should Know
(BYND) closed the most recent trading day at $109.12, moving -1.16% from the previous trading session.
Zacks. Friday, 17 Jan 2020.
- Beyond Meat is on the move again, trading in big swings and burning short sellers
Trading in Beyond Meat
was halted on Tuesday as the much-shorted stock has been volatile in recent days.
CNBC. Tuesday, 14 Jan 2020.
- ASK restaurant fined over 'misleading' lobster dish
The Italian chain ASK had mixed white fish with its lobster meat
in its most expensive dish.
BBC News. Tuesday, 14 Jan 2020.
- Here's Why Investors Should Ignore Middleby (MIDD) Stock Now
Middleby (MIDD) is exposed to global uncertainties, including those related to Brexit, issues with the meat
processing business, forex woes and high debts.
Zacks. Monday, 13 Jan 2020.
- 9 great reads from CNET this week - CNET
How to help animals threatened by Australia's fires, a sampling of all the new plant-based meat
alternatives, and five key takeaways from CES 2020.
CNET. Saturday, 11 Jan 2020.
- Meatable Is Working on Producing Meat From Animal Cells
Plus, Rock Paper Coin vows to make wedding planning easier, and Arta is a powerful suite of digital tools backed by a team of logistics experts.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 10 Jan 2020.
- Soaring pork prices keep China's inflation at 7-year high
BEIJING (AP) - Soaring pork prices that nearly doubled in December over a year ago kept inflation at a seven-year high despite government efforts to ease meat
shortages caused by a disease outbreak, official data showed Thursday. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 8 Jan 2020.
- Most meat eaters support veganism as 'ethical' and good for the environment
A new survey of 1000 meat
eaters finds support for the principles of veganism, but suggests most think it is inconvenient, expensive and a sacrifice in terms of taste.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 8 Jan 2020.
- McDonald's Expands Meatless Burger Trial in Canada
McDonald's said on Wednesday it would expand its vegan burgers trials using Beyond Meat
patties to 52 restaurants in Canada, signaling a stronger push from the world's No. 1 fast-food chain into plant-based meat
Newsmax. Wednesday, 8 Jan 2020.
Meats News Headlines and News Summaries