This Meat news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about meat and meats news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Plant-based food retail market grew 27% in U.S. last year, reports find
It may sound like a science fiction plotline, but it's really a food industry phenomenon: Fake meat
is growing. During the pandemic, alternative meat
producers have hit record sales and added new companies and brands. The U.S. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- No, Biden Is Not Coming After Americans' Burgers
Why the false claim that the US president's climate plan will force people in the US to eat far less red meat
Voice of America. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Beyond Meat swings to a loss as grocery sales growth slows
on Thursday reported a wider-than-expected loss in the first quarter as restaurant customers take longer to return.
CNBC. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- What Questions Should We Be Asking About Cell-Based Meats?
What questions should consumers, advocates and retailers be asking about cell-based meats? Here is a starter list.
Forbes. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Beyond Meat (BYND) Queued for Q1 Earnings: Factors to Note
Beyond Meat's (BYND) first-quarter 2021 results are likely to reflect softness in the foodservice business due to lower traffic and curbs on foodservice location operations.
Zacks. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- Brother and sister guilty of killing man who choked after they fed him kebab meat as he slept
David Clark, 56, choked to death after David Noble, 34, and Nicole Cavin, 24, pushed kebab meat
into his mouth on a train to Barrow, as he returned home from a football match.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- Siblings guilty of manslaughter after feeding kebab meat to sleeping train passenger
A brother and sister have been found guilty of manslaughter after feeding kebab meat
to a man who was asleep on a train.
Sky News. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- NOT REAL NEWS: False stories from this week about red meat limits, COVID vaccines 'shedding,' more
President Joe Biden's plan to combat climate change does require Americans to reduce their meat
consumption by 90%.
ABC News. Sunday, 2 May 2021.
- Beyond Meat (BYND) Dips More Than Broader Markets: What You Should Know
(BYND) closed the most recent trading day at $131.68, moving -1.29% from the previous trading session.
Zacks. Friday, 30 Apr 2021.
- Chicago vegan restaurant Can't Believe It's Not Meat has lines down the block for fast food favorites
Can't Believe It's Not Meat
is a vegan fast food restaurant in Chicago's Hyde Park neighborhood has wowed local residents and vegan and plant-based social media influencer Tabitha Brown.
ABC News. Wednesday, 28 Apr 2021.
- Experts say Americans WILL have to cut back on meat
President Joe Biden is facing pressure to come clean on what his ambitious climate plan means for agriculture and meat
consumption in the US.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 28 Apr 2021.
- Beyond Meat unveils new version of its meat-free burgers for grocery stores
will launch the latest version of its meat-free burger patties in grocery stores in early May.
CNBC. Tuesday, 27 Apr 2021.
- Vegan butchers: Could one be opening on your high street?
Is the arrival of vegan butchers on high streets the logical next step in the fake meat
BBC News. Tuesday, 27 Apr 2021.
- Taco Bell testing vegan meat alternative
Taco Bell is testing out a new plant-based protein following announcement of Beyond Meat
Fox News. Wednesday, 21 Apr 2021.
- Field Roast, Lightlife Parent Puts Its Signature On A Plant-Based Hot Dog
Greenleaf Foods, a subsidiary of Canadian meat
company Maple Leaf Foods, has been in growth mode and the Lightlife and Field Roast lines now boast 24 and 29 products, respectively, all of them vegan.
Forbes. Wednesday, 21 Apr 2021.
Meats News Headlines and News Summaries