This Meat news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about meat and meats news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Morrisons' carrot-based veggie 'BLT' slammed by furious vegans who label it a 'disgrace'
The supermarket's CLT sandwich replaces the meat
filling in a BLT with 'smoky carrot strips' that one customer claimed 'makes a mockery of vegans'.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Trump's New Tariff Target List: Flags In, Bibles Out, Frog Meat Delayed
The Trump administration tweaked its list of Chinese imports subject to a 10% tariff this fall. We found some surprises buried in the thousands of tariff line items.
NPR. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Pub loses licence after reports of 'gunfire and a meat cleaver attack' after family fun day
Police were called to the Dog and Partridge in Bilston, West Mids, to reports of gunfire and an attack with a meat
cleaver, after a 'family fun day' which saw a woman 'ride a penis-shaped bronco'.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Diet change needed to save vast areas of tropics
One quarter of the world's tropical land could disappear by the end of the century unless meat
and dairy consumption falls, researchers have warned.
Science Daily. Monday, 12 Aug 2019.
- Processing plant fire near Holcomb keeps firefighters busy
HOLCOMB, Kan. (AP) - Firefighters are battling a large meat
processing plant near Holcomb. Wichita television station KSNW reports that no injuries have been reported in the fire that began Friday night at Tyson Fresh Meats
Washington Times. Saturday, 10 Aug 2019.
- Beyond Meat shelves plans for Japan push, Mitsui says
has shelved plans to enter Japan, according to a Japan-based investor, focusing more on the U.S. market where it recently bolstered funding to fuel an expansion and beat out emerging faux-meat rivals.
CNBC. Friday, 9 Aug 2019.
- Eat less meat to slow down climate change, United Nations recommends
Climate change threatens the world's food supply, the U.N. said in a report that urges people to move away from eating meat--which contributes to planet-heating emissions--to a plant-based diet. ...
CBS News. Thursday, 8 Aug 2019.
- Beyond Meat's stock briefly falls below secondary offering price
Shares of Beyond Meat
fell Thursday, briefly pushing its stock price below its secondary offering price.
CNBC. Thursday, 8 Aug 2019.
- Climate change: German MPs want higher meat tax
Raising VAT on meat
by more than 100% would help curb global warming, politicians argue.
BBC News. Thursday, 8 Aug 2019.
- Plan to sell meat from wild geese shot in Orkney
Scottish Natural Heritage announces a trial project to sell the greylag goose meat
across the country.
BBC News. Thursday, 8 Aug 2019.
- Subway testing Beyond Meat meatball sub
Subway joins Dunkin', Tim Hortons, and Del Taco with Beyond Meat
CBS News. Wednesday, 7 Aug 2019.
- Substituting poultry for red meat may reduce breast cancer risk
Results from a new study suggest that red meat
consumption may increase the risk of breast cancer, whereas poultry consumption may be protective against breast cancer risk.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 7 Aug 2019.
- New York Times: Keep Your Hands Off My Smoked Salmon
The NY Times reported last week that smoked salmon might be as big a risk for colon cancer as processed meats
like hot dogs, bacon, and salami. ...
Forbes. Monday, 5 Aug 2019.
- Beyond Meat Beats Bitcoin
Even after the recent correction, Beyond Meat's shares have gained 169% in the last three months, beating Bitcoin, which has gained 95% over the same period.
Forbes. Sunday, 4 Aug 2019.
- Beyond Meat Has a Good Problem, Too Bad Investors Don't Like It
is issuing shares to help it increase capacity and continue selling an ever-growing number of burger patties.
Zacks. Thursday, 1 Aug 2019.
Meats News Headlines and News Summaries