This Manufacturing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about manufacturing news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 3M withheld info about toxic chemicals, suit claims
The state of Minnesota is suing manufacturing
company 3M for $5 billion, alleging it concealed the potential harm of chemicals from government regulators and the scientific community to protect its revenue. CBS Minnesota has the story.
CBS News. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- Small SE Nebraska town excited as factory reopens
DEWITT, Neb. (AP) - As 1,300 tons of force pounded steel into tools here last week, every bang was a welcome sound for a southeast Nebraska town eager to get back into the manufacturing
Washington Times. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- Electric vehicle manufacturer Lion Electric Company to build first-ever US plant in Joliet
Electric vehicle maker Lion Electric Company will be building its first-ever U.S. manufacturing
facility in Joliet, the company and Illinois Governor JB Pritzker announced Friday.
ABC News. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- Rolls-Royce restarts Bergen sale after Norwegian state veto
Rolls-Royce Holdings has restarted the auction of its maritime engine manufacturing
division after the Norwegian government vetoed its sale to a Russian-based buyer.
Sky News. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- American Axle & Manufacturing (AXL) Surpasses Q1 Earnings and Revenue Estimates
American Axle (AXL) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 128.00% and 8.59%, respectively, for the quarter ended March 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Zacks. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- 4 Stocks to Outshine the Thriving Industrial Manufacturing Industry
4 Stocks to Outshine the Thriving Industrial Manufacturing
Zacks. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- UK manufacturing grew at fastest rate in 27 YEARS last month
The closely-watched IHS Markit/CIPS PMI hit 60.9 in April - with anything above 50 representing expansion.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- Treasury yields are flat ahead of manufacturing PMIs
The 10-year Treasury yield remained largely unchanged Monday from the previous session.
CNBC. Monday, 3 May 2021.
- Joe Biden climate goal to require radical shifts in transportation, agriculture, manufacturing
President Biden’s goal of cutting greenhouse gases more than 50% by 2030 is not feasible without a rapid transformation of the U.S. ...
Washington Times. Sunday, 2 May 2021.
- Take a look inside Astra's rocket factory, as the company prepares to go public
Astra wants to simplify the launch business, with the soon-to-be-public company on a quest to cut manufacturing
CNBC. Sunday, 2 May 2021.
- Vaccine companies and the U.S. government snubbed WHO initiative to scale up global manufacturing
Last year the World Health Organization launched a program that aimed to scale up production of COVID-19 vaccines in Latin America, Asia and Africa. Pfizer and Moderna refused to participate.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 30 Apr 2021.
- Sweet Success For Savvy Manufacturers
The pandemic shook global manufacturing
to its core. Today the industry is bouncing back with an assist from emerging tech.
Forbes. Friday, 30 Apr 2021.
- Moderna to ship larger vials of its Covid-19 vaccine to state health departments by late May
Moderna Inc is manufacturing
a larger vial of its COVID-19 vaccine that can hold 15 doses instead of the standard 10 doses, which will be shipped to states by the third week of May.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 29 Apr 2021.
- Trump spotlights trade issues, and other MoneyWatch headlines
President meets with U.S. manufacturing
execs; watchdog group says Trump's business ties violate Constitution; and Samsung explains Galaxy Note 7 problems. These headlines and more from CBS MoneyWatch
CBS News. Monday, 26 Apr 2021.
- 12 Months Post-Covid: How Manufacturing Has Changed
At Instrumental we dug deep with over 500 electronics manufacturers in the past 12 months to understand how they have adapted and moved forward.
Forbes. Monday, 26 Apr 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries