This Manufacturing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about manufacturing news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) to Post Q1 Earnings: What to Expect?
The contraction in the manufacturing
sector and impact of the trade war on customers are likely to have weighed on Rockwell Automation's (ROK) first-quarter fiscal 2020 performance.
Zacks. Thursday, 23 Jan 2020.
- Apple's (AAPL) Low-Cost iPhones Likely to Debut In March
Apple (AAPL) is expected to begin manufacturing
of its unannounced affordable iPhone variant in February ahead of a public debut in March, per Bloomberg.
Zacks. Wednesday, 22 Jan 2020.
- Wisconsin man 'ingested marijuana mixed with mother's ashes'
Austin Schroeder, 26 (left), and Kaitlin Geiger, 21 (right), were arrested in Wisconsin on counts of manufacturing, possession and distribution of THC, which the man allegedly 'cut' with mom's remains.
Daily Mail. Friday, 17 Jan 2020.
- Tesla Cybertruck's engineering and design might be genius -- here's why - Roadshow
Sandy Munro, the wunderkind of lean auto industry manufacturing, gives his analysis -- and paints a pretty picture for Tesla.
CNET. Friday, 17 Jan 2020.
- Toyota shifts Tacoma pickup production from Texas to Mexico; continues $13 billion US investment
Toyota Motor will shift all production of the Tacoma midsize pickup from Texas to Mexico as it restructures its North American footprint and invests $13 billion in U.S. manufacturing
operations through next year.
CNBC. Friday, 17 Jan 2020.
- Manufacturers to spend $26.2 billion on 'upskilling' in 2020 to attract and keep workers
With a skills gap plaguing manufacturing, companies are spending big to train their current workforce and ensure a pipeline of talent.
CNBC. Friday, 17 Jan 2020.
- December Gain in Manufacturing Output Wraps Up Weak Year
U.S. factory production unexpectedly increased in December, a bright spot in an otherwise weak year for manufacturing
Newsmax. Friday, 17 Jan 2020.
- A Forecast For The Next Decade Of Alternative Energy
Over the last decade, renewable energy costs dropped due to advancements in technology due to innovation and design, materials and manufacturing
of wind turbines and solar panels. What will the next 10 years bring for alternative energy?
Forbes. Thursday, 16 Jan 2020.
- Apple could be forced by the EU to replace its current charger cable with the USB-C
If the EU Government in Brussels forced iPhones sold in Europe to have a new charging platform, the change would likely be rolled out worldwide by Apple to avoid manufacturing
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 15 Jan 2020.
- German economic growth slows to 0.6% in 2019, worst in years
BERLIN (AP) - The German economy expanded by 0.6% last year, its worst performance since 2013, as export growth slowed and manufacturing
was weak. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 15 Jan 2020.
- Foxconn's Promises Slow To Materialize In Wisconsin
Foxconn was touted as part of a new revival in U.S. manufacturing, and state officials offered nearly $4 billion to lure the company to Wisconsin. Things haven't gone quite as planned.
NPR. Tuesday, 14 Jan 2020.
- New Kuka Mexico plant targets special orders
Upholstery major Kuka Home is expanding its global manufacturing
footprint with a new upholstery plant located in Monterrey, Mexico. The new facility will focus on special-order stationary upholstery for the North American market. ...
Furniture Today. Monday, 13 Jan 2020.
- Assembly Required: Construction Is The New Manufacturing (Part Three)
The construction industry is undergoing a massive change, thanks to data and manufacturing
technologies, and the industry could soon look very similar to manufacturing
Forbes. Sunday, 12 Jan 2020.
- Transformative 3D printing approach established from insight into developmental biology
Engineers need to get more creative in their approach to design and additive manufacturing
(AM) systems, by taking inspiration from the way humans grow and develop, say researchers.
Science Daily. Friday, 10 Jan 2020.
- Olinski joins Intellibed as VP, manufacturing and product development
Intellibed has hired bedding veteran Ross Olinski as vice president of manufacturing
and product development. The post Olinski joins Intellibed as VP, manufacturing
and product development appeared first on Furniture Today.
Furniture Today. Friday, 10 Jan 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries