This Manufacturing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about manufacturing news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Boohoo opens manufacturing office in Turkey
The Istanbul office means the fast fashion retailer can source more garments made in Turkey, avoiding transport delays for goods made in China, Bangladesh and other Asian countries.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 17 Oct 2021.
- Inside TSMC, the Taiwanese chipmaking giant that's building a new plant in Phoenix
Taiwan Semiconductor is investing $100 billion to ramp up production during the chip shortage. Its Phoenix plant will bring chip manufacturing
back to the U.S.
CNBC. Saturday, 16 Oct 2021.
- BD's (BDX) New Manufacturing Facility to Boost Supply Readiness
BD's (BDX) latest manufacturing
line is expected to not only boost supply capacity but also provide priority access to needles and syringes to the U.S. government.
Zacks. Friday, 15 Oct 2021.
- Boeing Faces New Challenges To Image, Reputation And Credibility
Federal fraud charges against a former test pilot and manufacturing-related issues concerning parts for the 787 Dreamliner have created new PR problems for Boeing.
Forbes. Friday, 15 Oct 2021.
- How Culture Biosciences Is Meeting The Demand For Large-Scale Biomanufacturing
Today, Culture Biosciences, a technology company that offers an easier, faster, and cheaper way to do biomanufacturing research and development (R&D), announced Series B financing of $80 million.
Forbes. Thursday, 14 Oct 2021.
- OSI Systems (OSIS) Rides on Solid Portfolio & Order Wins
OSI Systems (OSIS) is benefiting from continuing order wins driven by its robust portfolio of security, healthcare, and Optoelectronics and Manufacturing
Zacks. Thursday, 14 Oct 2021.
- New GCSE subjects launched as part of Welsh overhaul
Engineering and manufacturing, along with film and digital media, will be taught from 2025.
BBC News. Thursday, 14 Oct 2021.
- Spike in gas prices to continue during winter, says Sir Jim Ratcliffe
Sir Jim Ratcliffe, the founder of manufacturing
giant Ineos, said a lack of gas storage in the UK has led to a vulnerability - with the country having just ten days' worth in the bank.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 14 Oct 2021.
- LG to Pay G.M. $1.9 billion for Battery Flaw That Led to Bolt Recall
General Motors has recalled 141,000 Bolts to replace battery packs that can catch on fire because of manufacturing
New York Times. Tuesday, 12 Oct 2021.
- You thought the oil spill was bad? In L.A., toxic waste is everywhere
Southern California's manufacturing
helped win World War II. But the war effort and decades of polluting industry have left a toxic legacy.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 12 Oct 2021.
- Sony looks to avoid future chip shortage by building own factory
Sony is reportedly in talks with Taiwan's TSMC to build a jointly-owner chip manufacturing
plant in Japan.Sited in Kumamoto, southern Japan, it will make
Pocket Lint. Monday, 11 Oct 2021.
- Elon Musk says Tesla will move California headquarters to Texas
Musk says, though, that the company will keep expanding its manufacturing
capacity in California.
ABC News. Friday, 8 Oct 2021.
- Levi Strauss earnings beat as new denim styles drive sales growth, retailer raises outlook
Although many apparel companies have been hit by global supply chain bottlenecks, Levi has fared well comparatively due to its diversified manufacturing
CNBC. Wednesday, 6 Oct 2021.
- 3 No-Brainer Manufacturing Stocks to Snatch Up Right Now
With demand racing well ahead of production capacity, the manufacturing
sector continues to run hot. Moreover, with COVID-19 cases showing signs of decline, easing supply chain constraints and labor ...
Entrepreneur. Monday, 4 Oct 2021.
- Rolls-Royce to go all-electric only by 2030
Rolls-Royce is to follow its car manufacturing
peers by ceasing the production of petrol and diesel vehicles by 2030.It will unleash its first fully electric
Pocket Lint. Wednesday, 29 Sep 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries