This Manufacturing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about manufacturing news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- More big names join the call for action: Bosses urge Boris Johnson to put end to the pingdemic
Nearly 50 top bosses representing and employing millions of UK hospitality, retail, food supplies, manufacturing
and transport workers have now joined the campaign.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 24 Jul 2021.
- Pfizer will turn to a plant in Africa to help supply the continent with vaccines next year.
The deal, which only involves the final stages of manufacturing, falls short of the technology transfer that public health activists have called for.
New York Times. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- American Axle & Manufacturing (AXL) Outpaces Stock Market Gains: What You Should Know
American Axle & Manufacturing
(AXL) closed at $9.37 in the latest trading session, marking a +1.63% move from the prior day.
Zacks. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- GM issues second recall of Chevy Bolt EVs after vehicles catch fire
GM said officials with the automaker and LG Energy Solution, which supplies the battery cells, have identified a second "rare manufacturing
defect" in the EVs.
CNBC. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- Intel beats, but guides to lower margins for Q3
CEO Pat Gelsinger has announced plans for Intel to transform itself by manufacturing
chips for other companies.
CNBC. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- Pfizer (PFE) Inks Vaccine Deal, Faces FDA Delay on JAK Drugs
Pfizer (PFE) partners with Biovac for manufacturing
and distributing its COVID-19 vaccine in African Union. The FDA delays decision on Pfizer's regulatory filings for JAK inhibitors.
Zacks. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- GlobalFoundries Launches New Brand And Announces New Fabs At New York Event
In just the past month, GlobalFoundries has announced $6 billion in investments in its manufacturing
sites in New York, Germany, and Singapore.
Forbes. Monday, 19 Jul 2021.
- Covid-19 UK: Union warns factories are 'on the verge of shutting' amid pingdemic chaos
Up to 10 per cent of staff working at Nissan's manufacturing
plant in Sunderland were told to self-isolate by the NHS app. Unions warned the country is on the verge of shutting down.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 15 Jul 2021.
- 3D Printing In Motorsports Paves The Way Toward Greater Innovation In Transportation
brings a whole new set of tools and possibilities to bear when it comes to engineering improvements for Formula 1 racing.
Forbes. Thursday, 15 Jul 2021.
- GM tells 50K Chevrolet Bolt EV owners to park outside due to fire risk
GM and NHTSA are warning some Chevrolet Bolt EV owners to park their cars outside due to a fire risk. A manufacturing
defect in their battery packs can short and cause a fire.
Fox News. Thursday, 15 Jul 2021.
- Test and trace pings could shut down factories, government warned
Factories across the country are on the verge of shutting down due to isolation warnings from the test and trace app, the UK’s manufacturing
union Unite has claimed.
Sky News. Thursday, 15 Jul 2021.
- These Are The Ten Biggest Companies In Computers, Office Equipment
The computers and office equipment industry serves as the backbone of enterprises, including both service and manufacturing
companies. This industry ...
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 13 Jul 2021.
- Qualcomm's next-gen Snapdragon 895 flagship phone chip to be based on 4nm tech
Qualcomm's next-generation flagship phone chip is set to be based on the next-gen 4nm manufacturing
process, which should bring a significant rise in performance
Pocket Lint. Monday, 5 Jul 2021.
- Ei-ichi Negishi, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry, Dies at 85
His work in creating a method to build complex organic molecules applied to everything from pharmaceutical manufacturing
New York Times. Thursday, 24 Jun 2021.
- Biden administration to invest $3.2 billion on antiviral pills for COVID-19
The Biden administration announced it would invest more than $3 billion from the American Rescue Plan to accelerate the discovery, development and manufacturing
of COVID-19 antiviral medicines.
ABC News. Thursday, 17 Jun 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries