This Manufacturing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about manufacturing news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Pushing The Frontiers Of Manufacturing AI At Seagate
Seagate's wafer manufacturing
plant has adopted several AI applications that improve their quality and productivity.
Forbes. Wednesday, 27 Jan 2021.
- Manufacturing Revenues Poised to Increase: 5 Solid Picks
Steady growth in manufacturing
activity is expected through 2021 and is likely to help companies like ParkerHannifin Corporation (PH), AGCO Corporation (AGCO) and Graco (GGG).
Zacks. Wednesday, 27 Jan 2021.
- Stock Market News for Jan 26, 2021
U.S. stock markets closed mostly higher on Monday after President Joe Biden revealed a plan to boost domestic manufacturing
Zacks. Tuesday, 26 Jan 2021.
- Biden orders government to buy from U.S. manufacturers
White House eyes $600 billion in federal procurement spending as another means of boosting domestic manufacturing
CBS News. Monday, 25 Jan 2021.
- Arecibo Observatory collapse possibly due to 'manufacturing error'
A preliminary forensic investigation into what cased the collapse of the Arecibo Observatory reveals a manufacturing
error in the auxiliary cables allowed on to snap out of the socket.
Daily Mail. Monday, 25 Jan 2021.
- Biden To Sign Order Protecting US Manufacturing As Carrier Strike Group Enters South China Sea
Biden Makes First Military And Economic Moves Against China
Daily Caller. Monday, 25 Jan 2021.
- Covid: Teachers 'not at higher risk' of death
The highest-risk job roles were in restaurants, care work and manufacturing
BBC News. Monday, 25 Jan 2021.
- Covid: Weatherford proposes Aberdeen manufacturing arm closure
Weatherford describes "unprecedented challenges" amid Covid but says Aberdeen will remain the centre of UK operations.
BBC News. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- This Expert Says Smart Manufacturing Could Create An Economic Powerhouse
The world of manufacturing
is undergoing a significant step change.
Forbes. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- Georgia-Pacific moving all Dixie cup production to Kentucky
LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) - Georgia-Pacific plans to expand its Dixie cup manufacturing
operation in Kentucky while closing a facility in Pennsylvania by the end of the year, the company said. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- Iran 'starts building key component of nuclear bombs'
Iran has announced plans to begin manufacturing
uranium metal, amid heightened tensions with the US. It comes as Iran fired cruise missiles as part of a naval drill in the Gulf of Oman today.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- Ford's 'Brazilian Bronco' discontinued, but the factory is for sale
Ford is ending its manufacturing
operations in Brazil and will discontinue production of the Troller T4. Ford purchased the Troller brand in 2007.
Fox News. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
- Apple iPhone maker Foxconn teams up with Chinese automaker Geely to make cars for other companies
Foxconn and Chinese carmaker Geely have created a joint venture aimed at selling manufacturing
and services to the global auto industry.
CNBC. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
- China's Stronger Currency Could Be a Fig Leaf for Biden
The renminbi has reached its strongest level in more than two years and shows no signs of stopping, signaling Chinese dominance in manufacturing
and giving Biden breathing room.
New York Times. Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021.
- Ford to end manufacturing in Brazil, sees $4.1 billion in charges from South American restructuring
Ford has operated in Brazil for more than a century; however, the region and operations have been unstable in recent years.
CNBC. Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries