This Manufacturing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about manufacturing news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- WeChat Ban May Cut A Vital Lifeline To Chinese Factories For U.S. Electronics Brands
In the electronics manufacturing
world, WeChat is an essential communication service.
Forbes. Friday, 7 Aug 2020.
- Asos asks brands to reveal supply chains in wake of sweatshop scandal
Asos is urging brands to sign the Transparency Pledge - launched in 2016 by nine charities, including Human Rights Watch - which will require them to reveal their manufacturing
Daily Mail. Friday, 7 Aug 2020.
- Trump says he signed order reimposing 10% aluminum tariffs on Canada
"Canada was taking advantage of us, as usual," Trump said during a lengthy, campaign-style speech at a Whirlpool manufacturing
plant in Ohio.
CNBC. Friday, 7 Aug 2020.
- Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine tests positive for coronavirus ahead of Trump visit
The announcement from DeWine's office came shortly after Trump left the White House to travel to Ohio, where he is set to speak about the economy and tour a Whirlpool manufacturing
CNBC. Thursday, 6 Aug 2020.
- Global Manufacturing Rebounding: ETFs in Focus
The beginning of the third quarter is showing an improving trend in manufacturing
Zacks. Thursday, 6 Aug 2020.
- Zacks Market Edge Highlights: Advanced Micro Devices, Intel, QUALCOMM, NVIDIA and Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing
Zacks Market Edge Highlights: Advanced Micro Devices, Intel, QUALCOMM, NVIDIA and Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing
Zacks. Thursday, 6 Aug 2020.
- White House trade adviser says Trump will sign executive order aimed at deregulating pharmaceuticals
The Trump administration's director of the Office of Trade and Manufacturing
Policy, Peter Navarro, joins "CBS This Morning" ahead of a trip to Ohio with President Trump. ...
CBS News. Thursday, 6 Aug 2020.
- Pot Pioneer Elizabeth Stavola Resigns From Firm She Helped Build
One of the first women in the legal marijuana industry to launch and lead a multi-state growing, manufacturing
and retail operation in the U. S. ...
Forbes. Wednesday, 5 Aug 2020.
- Giant Tesla Model Y Casting Machine Spotted In Fremont Factory: Report
The Tesla Inc (NASDAQ: TSLA) Model Y is already an advanced product, with a two-piece casted body that reduces weight and manufacturing
Yahoo. Wednesday, 5 Aug 2020.
- Disparities in a common air pollutant are visible from space
As a global center for petrochemical manufacturing, Houston, Texas, experiences some of the worst air quality in the country, according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 5 Aug 2020.
- MAGGIE PAGANO: UK manufacturing needs a boost
Talks between Make UK and the Government are ongoing about setting up a national task force. It's an excellent idea, and you have to ask why it is not up and running already.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 4 Aug 2020.
- Asian Markets Post Strong Gains on Manufacturing Data
All three major US indices are trending upward in futures trading.
Voice of America. Tuesday, 4 Aug 2020.
- Analyzing pros and cons of two composite manufacturing methods
Airplane wings and wind turbine blades are typically created using bulk polymerization in composite manufacturing
facilities. They are heated and cured in enormous autoclaves and heated molds as big as the finished part. ...
Science Daily. Monday, 3 Aug 2020.
- Textile firm Johnstons of Elgin warns of job loses
Jobs at the company's mill in Elgin and manufacturing
base in Hawick are under threat.
BBC News. Monday, 3 Aug 2020.
- Emergent Biosolutions CEO: 'hyperfocused' on manufacturing COVID-19 vaccine candidates
Emergent Biosolutions CEO Bob Kramer joins Yahoo Finance Akiko Fujita to discuss the company's earnings results and his outlook on developing a coronavirus vaccine.
Yahoo. Friday, 31 Jul 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries