This Mammography news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about mammography and mammogram news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- A Drop In Mammograms During Coronavirus Could Have Serious Implications In Years To Come
As clinics put a pause on elective and preventative procedures during the pandemic, a serious backlog has built up of people who are due to have mammograms, smear tests and other cancer screenings.
Forbes. Monday, 4 Jan 2021.
- New mammogram measures of breast cancer risk could revolutionize screening
World-first techniques for predicting breast cancer risk from mammograms could revolutionize breast screening by allowing it to be tailored to women at minimal extra cost.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 22 Dec 2020.
- Hologic (HOLX) Updates Its Unifi Platform, Enhances Portfolio
Hologic (HOLX) introduces upgrades to its Unifi Analytics platform to help mammography
centers improve their workflow.
Zacks. Monday, 16 Nov 2020.
- Over-70s WILL now get breast screening
The Daily Mail revealed last month that although mammograms had begun again for younger women, those aged 71 and over were not receiving the scans.
Daily Mail. Friday, 13 Nov 2020.
- Colonoscopy and mammogram rates in the US plummet by 65% amid pandemic
RAND Corporation researchers worry that the missed screenings they documented could mean cancer might be spreading undetected in these patients, posing potentially life-threatening risks.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 5 Nov 2020.
- 'Fast' MRI detects breast cancers that 3-D mammograms may miss
In a retrospective study of asymptomatic patients, all of whom had a negative 3-D mammogram
within the previous 11 months, abbreviated MRI detected roughly 27 cancers per 1,000 women screened.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 27 Oct 2020.
- Woman delaying mammograms during COVID-19 pandemic, making them vulnerable to breast cancer
Because of the pandemic, a vast majority of women have not had a mammogram
this year, which is raising alarms for the American Cancer Society.
ABC News. Wednesday, 14 Oct 2020.
- Loretto Hospital offering free mammograms for uninsured, underinsured women in October
Loretto Hospital will be offering free mammograms during October for uninsured or underinsured West Side residents.
ABC News. Monday, 12 Oct 2020.
Mammography Clinics News Headlines and News Summaries