This Mammography news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about mammography and mammogram news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Amy Klobuchar claims Planned Parenthood offers mammograms
Sen. Amy Klobuchar, Minnesota Democrat, stood up Wednesday for Planned Parenthood by declaring that its affiliates provide mammograms, a claim that has been repeatedly debunked. At a Fox News town hall, Ms. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 8 May 2019.
- Mammogram: Can It Find Cancer in Dense Breasts?
Dense breasts can make a mammogram more difficult to interpret.
Yahoo. Tuesday, 16 Apr 2019.
- Most Women Don't Need Yearly Mammograms, According to New Guidelines
The American College of Physicians (ACP) suggests "average-risk women" wait until age 50 to start getting screened for breast cancer.
Yahoo. Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019.
- New guidelines recommend less frequent mammograms for some women
Nearly 270,000 American women are expected to be diagnosed with breast cancer this year. This comes amid a debate and conflicting recommendations for mammograms. Now, there are new guidelines for some women. Dr. Tara Narula explains.
CBS News. Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019.
- New recommendations call for less frequent mammograms
The American College of Physicians said the majority of women should get a mammogram every other year starting at age 50
CBS News. Monday, 8 Apr 2019.
- When Gail Porter found lumps in her breasts she turned to 'thermography' instead of the NHS
One night last summer, Gail Porter checked her breasts and found lumps. Instead of an NHS mammogram, she decided to try the controversial technique of thermography.
Daily Mail. Monday, 8 Apr 2019.
- Most women need mammograms every other year starting at 50
Women at average risk for breast cancer can wait to start getting mammograms until age 50 and be screened every other year, according to new guidelines from the American College of Physicians.
Reuters. Monday, 8 Apr 2019.
- Training A Computer To Read Mammograms As Well As A Doctor
Artificial intelligence is now being brought to bear on mammograms and could improve the accuracy of diagnoses. But previous computerized technology to do that didn't live up to the hype.
NPR. Monday, 1 Apr 2019.
- FDA proposes new mammogram guidelines
Health experts found that dense breast tissue in women has become more common, which increases the development of breast cancer.
Fox News. Friday, 29 Mar 2019.
- U.S. proposes letters telling women dense breasts make it harder to find cancer
All U.S. women getting mammograms would receive information about breast density, which can sometimes make cancer harder to spot, under a government proposal.
CBC News. Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019.
- Mammogram Centers Must Tell Women if They Have Dense Breasts, F.D.A. Proposes
A new rule would require mammogram providers to let women know if they have dense breast tissue, which can hide cancer from X-rays.
New York Times. Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019.
- FDA proposes rule to notify women with dense breasts of higher cancer risk and imprecise mammograms
The FDA is proposing a rule that would require doctors to tell women how dense breasts may influence the accuracy of their mammograms.
CNBC. Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019.
- Breast ultrasound and cancer detection rates increased under new laws
State breast density notification laws that mandate reporting of mammogram results can prompt further screening and modestly boost cancer detection rates, say researchers.
Science Daily. Thursday, 21 Mar 2019.
- 3D mammography significantly reduces breast biopsy rates
The use of digital breast tomosynthesis, also known as 3D mammography, may significantly reduce the number of women who undergo breast biopsy for a non-cancerous lesion following an abnormal mammogram, according to a new study.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 19 Mar 2019.
- Thermography Not a Good Alternative to Mammograms
Women should not be misled into thinking that thermography is an effective alternative to mammography for breast cancer screening, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration warned.
Newsmax. Tuesday, 26 Feb 2019.
Mammography machine scanning for cancer
Related Directory Page(s)
Mammography Clinics News Headlines and News Summaries