This Mammography news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about mammography and mammogram news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Amy Klobuchar claims Planned Parenthood offers mammograms
Sen. Amy Klobuchar, Minnesota Democrat, stood up Wednesday for Planned Parenthood by declaring that its affiliates provide mammograms, a claim that has been repeatedly debunked. At a Fox News town hall, Ms. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 8 May 2019.
- Can Breast Health Growth Drive Hologic's (HOLX) Q2 Earnings?
Hologic's (HOLX) Breast Health segment is witnessing a rapid uptick on the back of large installed base of market-leading, clinically differentiated Genius 3D mammography
Zacks. Monday, 29 Apr 2019.
- When Gail Porter found lumps in her breasts she turned to 'thermography' instead of the NHS
One night last summer, Gail Porter checked her breasts and found lumps. Instead of an NHS mammogram, she decided to try the controversial technique of thermography.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019.
- Most women need mammograms every other year starting at 50
Women at average risk for breast cancer can wait to start getting mammograms until age 50 and be screened every other year, according to new guidelines from the American College of Physicians.
Reuters. Monday, 8 Apr 2019.
- FDA proposes mammogram guideline changes for the first time in decades
For the first time in two decades, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) proposed an update to its national mammogram
regulations in an effort to modernize breast cancer screenings for women -- especially for those with dense breasts.
Fox News. Friday, 29 Mar 2019.
- U.S. proposes letters telling women dense breasts make it harder to find cancer
All U.S. women getting mammograms would receive information about breast density, which can sometimes make cancer harder to spot, under a government proposal.
CBC News. Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019.
- Mammogram Centers Must Tell Women if They Have Dense Breasts, F.D.A. Proposes
A new rule would require mammogram
providers to let women know if they have dense breast tissue, which can hide cancer from X-rays.
New York Times. Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019.
- FDA proposes rule to notify women with dense breasts of higher cancer risk and imprecise mammograms
The FDA is proposing a rule that would require doctors to tell women how dense breasts may influence the accuracy of their mammograms.
CNBC. Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019.
- More breast cancers found with combined digital screening
A combination of digital mammography
and tomosynthesis detects 90 percent more breast cancers than digital mammography
alone, according to a new study.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 5 Jun 2018.
- Diagnosing breast cancer with an imaging pill
For women, mammograms are a sometimes uncomfortable, but necessary, annual ritual. But this procedure doesn't always provide accurate results, and it exposes women to X-rays. ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 16 May 2018.
- Blood tests to replace mammograms
Blood tests, and 3D mammograms could soon replace 2D mammograms to detect breast cancer as trailblazing Australian research nears a huge breakthrough.
Daily Mail. Monday, 14 May 2018.
- Screening Mammography Lowers Breast Cancer Patients' Needs For Aggressive Treatment, Study Finds
Women in their forties without prior screening had significantly larger tumors and were much more likely to have positive lymph nodes.
Forbes. Friday, 4 May 2018.
Mammography Clinics News Headlines and News Summaries