This Malpractice news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about malpractice and negligence news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Trial Over Deadly Dam Disaster Resumes In Tashkent
The trial of 17 people charged with negligence, abuse of office, and other offenses in a deadly dam burst in Uzbekistan last year has resumed in Tashkent.
Radio Liberty. Wednesday, 6 Jan 2021.
- State medical boards often fail to discipline doctors
Doctors may have multiple malpractice
claims without facing consequences from a state board.
CBS News. Tuesday, 5 Jan 2021.
- Two Shot in Kenosha Unrest Sue City, County for Negligence
The two were shot by 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse on August 25
Voice of America. Monday, 4 Jan 2021.
- CBS News finds medical boards often fail to discipline doctors for malpractice
A year-long CBS News investigation has found that the system of state medical boards responsible for disciplining doctors who repeatedly injure their patients often fails to discipline those doctors, leaving the public in the dark. ...
CBS News. Monday, 4 Jan 2021.
- Contractors Face Court For Uzbekistan Dam Disaster
The Supreme Court of Uzbekistan on December 25 began to consider a criminal case against eight people accused of negligence
and safety violations in a major dam burst earlier this year.
Radio Liberty. Friday, 25 Dec 2020.
- Negligence hearing set over bin lorry crash driver Harry Clarke
The hearing will look at whether First Bus was negligent by failing to provide an accurate reference for Harry Clarke.
BBC News. Tuesday, 22 Dec 2020.
- France's Macron blames his COVID-19 on negligence, bad luck
The president insists that by following safety rules, he limited his potential to spread the virus further.
Fox News. Saturday, 19 Dec 2020.
- More former players join group preparing to take action for alleged negligence
There are now nine former players preparing to take legal action against the game's authorities for alleged negligence
BBC News. Thursday, 17 Dec 2020.
- Eddie Money's estate files lawsuit claiming medical negligence, wrongful death
The estate is suing a California hospital and three doctors.
Fox News. Tuesday, 15 Dec 2020.
- Man is convicted of killing his partner who was electrocuted in farm caravan
James Atkin, 43, has been convicted for the gross negligence
manslaughter of 40-year-old Deana Simpson, who collapsed in their caravan in Warwickshire more than three years ago.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 15 Dec 2020.
- Lebanon Prime Minister Charged With Negligence in Beirut Blast
An investigating judge named the caretaker prime minister, Hassan Diab, a suspect, a significant step toward holding the top levels of power accountable in the August explosion that killed 200.
New York Times. Thursday, 10 Dec 2020.
- Beirut explosion: Lebanese PM, ex-ministers charged with negligence
Lebanese Prime Minister Hassan Diab and three former ministers were charged with negligence
on Thursday over the August explosion at Beirut's port which killed more than 200 people.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 10 Dec 2020.
- Prosecutors Charge California Officer With Homicide For Shooting A Black Man Suspected Of A Carjacking In 2017
Discharge of a firearm with gross negligence
Daily Caller. Tuesday, 24 Nov 2020.
- US Deported 6 Women Who Complained About Medical Malpractice At Georgia ICE Facility
'ICE is destroying the evidence needed for this investigation'
Daily Caller. Wednesday, 11 Nov 2020.
- Supreme Court Rules In Favor Of Black Lives Matter Organizer DeRay Mckesson
A police officer who was injured at a protest sued him for negligence
Forbes. Monday, 2 Nov 2020.
Malpractice Attorneys News Headlines and News Summaries