This Malpractice news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about malpractice and negligence news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- South Carolina student who claims she was expelled after reporting campus rape sues for negligence
Jane Roe filed a lawsuit against Bob Jones University and Furman University, both in Greenville, South Carolina, after she was allegedly expelled when she reported a campus rape.
Daily Mail. Friday, 7 Aug 2020.
- The Beirut explosion was six years in the making and hit a country on its knees
The disaster appears to have been caused by the very forces of negligence
and perhaps corruption that had already brought the country to its knees.
Yahoo. Thursday, 6 Aug 2020.
- Beirut death toll tops 130 as port officials are arrested
Investigators in Beirut, Lebanon are working to find out if Tuesday's gigantic explosion was caused by negligence
. The blast killed at least 135 people, including one American. Around 5,000 others are injured. ...
CBS News. Thursday, 6 Aug 2020.
- Blame for Beirut Explosion Begins With a Leaky, Troubled Ship
The bleak tale of chronic negligence
started over six years ago, when an indebted vessel and its volatile cargo pulled into port. It ended on Tuesday in a giant explosion.
New York Times. Thursday, 6 Aug 2020.
- Beirut blast: Lebanon putting some port officials on house arrest after explosion kills at least 100, injures thousands
The move comes amid speculation that negligence
was to blame for the explosion that killed more than 100 people.
ABC News. Wednesday, 5 Aug 2020.
- Niels Lauersen, Fallen Fertility Doctor to the Stars, Dies at 84
He treated celebrities like Celine Dion and Foxy Brown before he was undone by malpractice
suits and a prison sentence for insurance fraud.
New York Times. Wednesday, 29 Jul 2020.
- Sturgeon warns against 'complacency' over Russian interference
Scotland's first minister accuses the UK government of "negligence" over Russian interference in elections.
BBC News. Tuesday, 21 Jul 2020.
- Russian Arctic Mayor Charged With Negligence Over Fuel Spill Resigns
The mayor of the Russian Arctic city of Norilsk, who was charged with negligence
over his response to a massive fuel spill in late May, has resigned.
Radio Liberty. Monday, 20 Jul 2020.
- Aviation company denies negligence in fatal Wyoming accident
JACKSON HOLE, Wyo. (AP) - An aviation company disputes a claim it is responsible for the death of a glider passenger in response to a lawsuit filed by the family of a victim in a Wyoming crash. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 16 Jul 2020.
- Trump struggles as furor grows over reported Russian bounty offer to kill U.S. troops
White House says Trump wasn't briefed on intelligence about Russian offer of bounty payments. If so, that shows negligence, some Republicans say.
Yahoo. Sunday, 28 Jun 2020.
- Russia charges Arctic city mayor with bungling fuel spill response
Russia said on Thursday it had charged the head of the remote Arctic city of Norilsk with criminal negligence
over what investigators said was his bungled response to a major environmental disaster.
Reuters. Thursday, 11 Jun 2020.
- Russian Arctic City Mayor Charged With Negligence Over Fuel Spill
The mayor of the Arctic city of Norilsk has been charged with negligence
over his response to a spill that dumped thousands of tons of diesel fuel into local waterways in late May, Russian investigators say.
Radio Liberty. Thursday, 11 Jun 2020.
- Doctor handed suspended jail term for Patrick Ekeng death
The emergency doctor who attended Cameroonian Patrick Ekeng prior to his death in Romania in 2016 has been handed an 18-month suspended jail sentence for negligence
BBC News. Friday, 5 Jun 2020.
- Carnival sued by passengers alleging negligence over COVID-19
Lawsuit claims cruise line failed to protect passengers, including not testing or screening for the disease.
CBS News. Tuesday, 2 Jun 2020.
- Santander Consumer to Settle Allegations Over Subprime Lending
Santander Consumer (SC) agrees to a settlement of $550 million with the states over subprime auto lending malpractices.
Zacks. Wednesday, 20 May 2020.
Malpractice Attorneys News Headlines and News Summaries