This Malpractice news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about malpractice and negligence news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Shuttle bus driver sues NHL's Senators in harassment case
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) - A former Ottawa Senators assistant general manager and the NHL hockey team were sued for negligence on Friday over allegations he harassed a hotel shuttle bus driver last year in Buffalo. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- New York's top court shields Ohio dealer who sold gun used in shooting
A splintered New York state Court of Appeals said an upstate shooting victim cannot pursue a negligence lawsuit against an Ohio firearms dealer who sold a gun in Ohio that was later resold on the black market and used in the shooting.
Reuters. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- Parents of boy, eight, sue his school after a teacher wrongly assumed he was transgender
Oregon parents are suing his school district for nearly $1million, claiming negligence, false imprisonment and intentional infliction of emotional distress on their child who is now confused.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- Cyprus killings: Police chief apologises amid negligence claims
Cyprus' new police chief has apologised over the force's handling of a serial killer case, amid accusations that negligent police work allowed him to murder more people.
Sky News. Tuesday, 7 May 2019.
- Texas bartender charged for serving gunman before mass shooting
The bartender who served a man before he killed eight people in 2017 now faces a negligence charge.
BBC News. Tuesday, 7 May 2019.
- Couple Aboard Deadly SWA Flight 1380 Sues Airline
An Albuquerque couple aboard Southwest Airlines' deadly Flight 1380 is suing the Dallas-based carrier, alleging negligence and seeking compensation for injuries suffered in the 2018 accident, according to... Photo Credit: NBC 5 News.
NBC. Monday, 6 May 2019.
- Doctor operated on wrong eye, tried to fix mistake with no anesthesia, lawsuit says
A south suburban eye surgeon is being sued for medical negligence, medical battery and assault for performing surgery on the wrong eye and then trying to correct his mistake by performing a second surgery in an non-sterile environment.
ABC News. Thursday, 2 May 2019.
- Cyprus serial killer: Justice minister resigns over case
Officials are accused of negligence and racism after deaths of seven migrant women come to light.
BBC News. Thursday, 2 May 2019.
- Owner of L.A.'s most expensive home at is suing Zillow Chinese hackers lowered the price
Zillow is facing a $60 million lawsuit for negligence after a listing on its site was hacked in February. The listing was for a $150 million property in Bel Air, California.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 28 Apr 2019.
- Michael Koskoff, Fierce Litigator in Momentous Fights, Dies at 77
He sued hospitals for malpractice, helped integrate police and fire departments and sought to hold gunmakers liable in the Sandy Hook massacre.
New York Times. Friday, 26 Apr 2019.
- MEHLMAN: Repeating Slurs From The Southern Poverty Law Center Is Journalistic Malpractice
It's hardly surprising that trust in the news media has reached historic lows in the United States
Daily Caller. Tuesday, 23 Apr 2019.
- Boeing faces accusations of negligence at Dreamliner plant - CNET
A New York Times report alleges the company favored speed over safety while moving planes through production.
CNET. Sunday, 21 Apr 2019.
- Boeing and Business Governance
It would be easy now to single out Boeing for its negligence. Yet the 737 Max crashes could offer a turning point for American business away from short-term shareholder primacy. ...
Forbes. Wednesday, 17 Apr 2019.
- 'There Were Failures': Parkland Victims' Families File 22 Lawsuits Alleging Negligence
The families allege the school board, sheriff's office and others in Broward County failed to prevent the 2018 attack at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School that left 17 people dead.
NPR. Thursday, 11 Apr 2019.
- Wrong-patient prostate cancer surgery costs medical group $12.25 million in malpractice case
The Iowa Clinic admitted its doctor's error caused the wrong patient to get surgery, but the clinic's lawyer recommended jurors award just $750,000.
Yahoo. Friday, 5 Apr 2019.
Medical malpractice insurance concept
Related Directory Page(s)
Malpractice Attorneys News Headlines and News Summaries