This Machine news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about machines from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Philips OLED 855 initial review: AI smarts join leading P5 processing
The Philips OLED 855 runs on an upgraded, 4th gen P5 picture engine that adds AI and deep machine
learning this year to analyse each scene for nature,
Pocket Lint. Thursday, 23 Jan 2020.
- Sea level rise could reshape the United States, trigger migration inland
A new study uses machine
learning to project migration patterns resulting from sea-level rise. ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 22 Jan 2020.
- Deep-sea osmolyte makes biomolecular machines heat-tolerant
Researchers have discovered a method to control biomolecular machines
over a wide temperature range using deep-sea osmolyte trimethylamine N-oxide (TMAO). ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 22 Jan 2020.
- How to download Apple Card data into a spreadsheet
The ability to download past transactions in a machine-readable format is a standard feature on other cards, but had not been available to Apple Card users since the credit card first became available in August.
CNBC. Tuesday, 21 Jan 2020.
- Mayones Aquila Demo | NAMM 2020
Aaron Marshall from Intervals joins us to rip some riffs on the company's new line of high-end shred machines.
Premier Guitar. Tuesday, 21 Jan 2020.
- Justice Secretary Robert Buckland defends terrorist lie detector plans
Mr Buckland said the use of polygraph machines
would help to identify so-called 'sleepers' who are 'superficially very compliant' when they leave prison but are actually plotting fresh attacks.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 21 Jan 2020.
- Kylian Mbappe: PSG & France star on teenage success, and Liverpool being a 'machine'
Paris St-Germain striker and World Cup winner Kylian Mbappe talks to Natalie Pirks about becoming a football superstar, Liverpool's title charge and his future.
BBC News. Tuesday, 21 Jan 2020.
- U.S. Navy To Name Aircraft Carrier After WWII Hero Doris Miller
Miller was a mess attendant on the West Virginia when he jumped in to man a machine
gun during the Pearl Harbor attack. He is the first African American to have an aircraft carrier named after him.
NPR. Sunday, 19 Jan 2020.
- Ibanez Premium RG1121PB Demo | NAMM 2020
This sleek shred machine
offers high-end features for a reasonable price.
Premier Guitar. Saturday, 18 Jan 2020.
- Silicon Valley Event On Machine Learning Tackles The Latest Riddles Vexing AI Self-Driving Cars
There are plenty of riddles facing the advent of AI self-driving cars.
Forbes. Saturday, 18 Jan 2020.
- Google is working to bring Steam support to Chromebooks
Chrome OS machines
might soon support the ability to play Steam games, although we don't know exactly when just yet.Speaking to Android Police, Chrome
Pocket Lint. Saturday, 18 Jan 2020.
- Killer robots must have human control, experts warn
Countries are rapidly developing 'killer robots' - machines
with artificial intelligence (AI) that independently kill - but are yet to establish global rules over their use in future wars, warn experts.
Daily Mail. Friday, 17 Jan 2020.
- Whirlpool: Owners rush to register fire-risk washing machines
Thousands more owners of dangerous washing machines
demand a resolution from maker Whirlpool.
BBC News. Friday, 17 Jan 2020.
- Graco Unveils Compact Dyna-Star Automatic Lubrication System
Graco's (GGG) Compact Dyna-Star automatic lubrication system helps in meeting the lubrication requirements of heavy-duty earth-moving machines
across extreme working conditions.
Zacks. Friday, 17 Jan 2020.
- Sleep apnea company pays $37.5M to settle kickback lawsuits
ResMed, a San Diego-based company that sells sleep apnea machines, will pay $37.5 million to settle allegations that it provided kickbacks to obtain customer referrals.
Modern Healthcare. Thursday, 16 Jan 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries