This Machine news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about machines from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Space satellites equipped with machine learning count elephants on Earth
Researchers are using satellite images processed with computer algorithms, which are trained with more than 1,000 images of elephants to help spot the creatures.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Scam alert: Thieves target drivers at pay-and-display machines
Richmond Council warned after reports of the scam at locations in Kew, Twickenham and Teddington with criminals stealing thousands of pounds in minutes.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- 14 Tech Experts Predict Which Industries And Sectors Will Benefit Most From AI
Artificial intelligence and machine
learning have made their way into many diverse industries, changing the way businesses handle everything from inventory to customer relations.
Forbes. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Is Titan Machinery (TITN) Stock Outpacing Its Retail-Wholesale Peers This Year?
Is (TITN) Outperforming Other Retail-Wholesale Stocks This Year?
Zacks. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Facebook Releases Revamped Version Of Its AI-Powered Automatic Alternative Text Tool For Photos
In a nutshell, Automatic Alternative Text uses artificial intelligence and machine
learning to give blind and low vision Facebook users more detailed descriptions of photos.
Forbes. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- Vending machines selling COVID tests for nearly $150 each launching in US cities
Americans will soon be able to get a COVID test at vending machines
placed in major U.S. cities
Fox News. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- "MyPillow guy" says he'd welcome suit from voting machines maker
Mike Lindell says it would help him prove to the world his belief that the recent presidential election was rigged. He also says some major retailers are dropping his company's products.
CBS News. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- IBM Gears Up to Report Q4 Earnings: What's in the Offing?
International Business Machines
(IBM) fourth-quarter results are likely to reflect solid adoption of hybrid cloud, Watson, and blockchain platforms. However, stiff competition in cloud market remains a headwind.
Zacks. Monday, 18 Jan 2021.
- E. Nebraska credit union tries interactive teller machines
SOUTH SIOUX CITY, Neb. (AP) - Move over, traditional automated teller machines. The Siouxland Federal Credit Union installed a set of five new interactive teller machines
(ITMs) at its South Sioux City branch in November. ...
Washington Times. Sunday, 17 Jan 2021.
- RNA's mysterious folding process
Using data from RNA-folding experiments, the researchers generated the first-ever data-driven movies of how RNA folds as it is made by cellular machinery. ...
Science Daily. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- Make Your Own Gummy Candy With This Kitchen Gadget
Make your own gummy bears, worms, or fish with this machine. Experiment with flavors, textures, and even protein powders to create your own gummy candy.
Mental Floss. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- Following the hops of disordered proteins could lead to future treatments of Alzheimer's disease
Researchers have used machine
learning techniques to predict how proteins, particularly those implicated in neurological diseases, completely change their shapes in a matter of microseconds.
Science Daily. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- China faces backlash over claim to have "emancipated" women's minds
Twitter removed a post by China's D.C. envoy claiming Beijing's "process of eradicating extremism" in a Muslim region meant women were "no longer baby-making machines."
CBS News. Monday, 11 Jan 2021.
- Covid-19: The machine that breathes for Covid patients
The ECMO machine
is a lifeline for coronavirus patients whose condition has not improved using a ventilator.
BBC News. Saturday, 9 Jan 2021.
- Voting machine company sues pro-Trump attorney Sidney Powell for false claims
Dominion Voting Systems on Friday filed a defamation lawsuit against attorney Sidney Powell.
ABC News. Friday, 8 Jan 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries