This Lodging news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about lodging news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Chatham Lodging (CLDT) Reports Q3 Loss, Misses Revenue Estimates
(CLDT) delivered FFO and revenue surprises of 10.00% and -0.71%, respectively, for the quarter ended September 2020. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Zacks. Thursday, 29 Oct 2020.
- These Six Luxury Lodgings Offer Exceptional Outdoor Settings Nearby
Refreshing fall recreational opportunities, plus deluxe accommodations.
Forbes. Saturday, 17 Oct 2020.
- Motel 6, Home Depot drop ad agency over "too Black" comment
chain "outraged" by statements reportedly made by founder of Richards Group regarding ad pitch.
CBS News. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- Five U.S. Small Lodgings Offer Creative Fall Treats And Outdoor Activities To Get You Traveling Again
Wander byways, and enjoy seasonal activities and treats this fall.
Forbes. Saturday, 10 Oct 2020.
- Candace Owens group pays for some attendees' travel to Trump's White House event
Some guests for Saturday's White House event featuring President Donald Trump had their travel and lodging
paid for by Candace Owens' group, BLEXIT.
ABC News. Saturday, 10 Oct 2020.
- Chinese giant Jingye eyes takeover of Tata's Port Talbot steelworks
The Chinese conglomerate which took control of British Steel earlier this year has set its sights on an even bigger UK deal by lodging
an interest in Tata Steel UK, the owner of the vast Port Talbot plant in South Wales.
Sky News. Saturday, 3 Oct 2020.
- BofA: Key Takeaways From DraftKings, Penn National, Hilton At Gaming And Lodging Conference
The 11th annual Gaming & Lodging
Conference from Bank of America hosted ten companies. ...
Yahoo. Saturday, 19 Sep 2020.
- Marriott built its own 'Airbnb' before coronavirus crashed business travel. Did it help?
Marriott created its alternative lodging
business a few years ago, and it's grown to 10,000 home listings. But steps to match Airbnb are a blip in the Covid-19 hotel and travel crash.
CNBC. Sunday, 13 Sep 2020.
- Aaron Hickey: Bologna steal march on Bayern Munich after making Hearts offer
Bologna steal a march on Bayern Munich in the race to sign Aaron Hickey after lodging
a bid with Hearts.
BBC News. Thursday, 27 Aug 2020.
- Airbnb prepares for IPO despite coronavirus hit
company laid off a quarter of its workforce in May amid plunging rental demand.
CBS News. Thursday, 20 Aug 2020.
- As iconic hotel brands languish, these are the coronavirus lodging sector winners
Hotels and travel booking sites have seen massive declines in business due to the coronavirus, but there are hospitality sector bright spots, including vacation rentals and extended stay properties.
CNBC. Thursday, 13 Aug 2020.
- 5 ETFs to Make the Most From Fourth of July
Industries like transportation, lodging, hotel, restaurants, food and retail will benefit the most.
Zacks. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
- All of California's national parks are open. Kind of. We can explain here
Many lodgings and some campgrounds are opening. Also Muir Woods. Alcatraz? Not yet.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 26 Jun 2020.
- The New Escapism: Isolationist Travel
As travelers seek safety amid social distancing, the travel industry is adapting with outdoor trips, remote lodgings and private camps.
New York Times. Wednesday, 24 Jun 2020.
- All of California's national parks are open. Kind of. We can explain
Many lodgings and some campgrounds are open. Alcatraz? Not yet.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 16 Jun 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries