This Lodging news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about lodging news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Black family sues Hilton after police called for inn's bill error
Incident at Hampton Inn allegedly one of a series involving discrimination against African Americans by lodging
CBS News. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- 5 ETFs to Make the Most From Fourth of July
Industries like transportation, lodging, hotel, restaurants, food and retail will benefit the most.
Zacks. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
- Choi Suk-hyeon: South Korean triathlete kills herself 'after abuse'
The young triathlete took her own life after lodging
complaints over alleged abuse from coaching staff.
BBC News. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
- RLJ Lodging Obtains Covenant Waivers, Details Hotel Reopenings
Other than staying in compliance with financial covenants, the amendment provides RLJ Lodging
(RLJ) with the flexibility to pursue strategic initiatives.
Zacks. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- All of California's national parks are open. Kind of. We can explain here
Many lodgings and some campgrounds are opening. Also Muir Woods. Alcatraz? Not yet.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 26 Jun 2020.
- The New Escapism: Isolationist Travel
As travelers seek safety amid social distancing, the travel industry is adapting with outdoor trips, remote lodgings and private camps.
New York Times. Wednesday, 24 Jun 2020.
- All of California's national parks are open. Kind of. We can explain
Many lodgings and some campgrounds are open. Alcatraz? Not yet.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 16 Jun 2020.
- Sailors from USS Roosevelt begin returning to the aircraft carrier after COVID-19 outbreak on board
On Wednesday, dozens of sailors were seen being boarding buses outside their lodgings before they were transported back to the vessel, docked at Naval Base Guam.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 30 Apr 2020.
- Hotels and retailers not paying rent due to the coronavirus pandemic spikes in April, Trepp says
The spike in loan payments not accounted for serves as an early indicator for just how bad things could get for retail and lodging
real estate, according to Trepp.
CNBC. Monday, 13 Apr 2020.
- AHLA Supports Plan to Add Funds For Small Business Loans, Seeks Additional Action to Protect Hotel Jobs
The American Hotel & Lodging
Association (AHLA) today expressed support for plans by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and Speaker Nancy Pelosi to provide an additional $250 billion in loans for small businesses. ...
Hsyndicate. Friday, 10 Apr 2020.
- USS Theodore Roosevelt crew have temperature checks, move lodgings and probe Navy Vice Admiral
Navy Vice Admiral William Merz answered questions from the crew and embarked staff of the aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt during a visit to the ship in Guam on Tuesday.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 8 Apr 2020.
- Boston & Cambridge Lodging Market: COVID-19 and Its Impact on Supply
Life across the United States has changed dramatically in the last four weeks. ...
Hsyndicate. Wednesday, 8 Apr 2020.
- Jobless Claims Poised for Historic Surge, Rate Could Top 8% in 3 Months
The national jobless rate could surge above 8% in the next three months, according to Bloomberg News calculations based on estimates for payroll cuts from the restaurant and lodging
Newsmax. Wednesday, 18 Mar 2020.
- Las Vegas 5-Star Luxury - Wynn Resort Breaks Record For Forbes Stars
There's only one resort in Las Vegas that has nothing but 5-Star lodging
Forbes. Tuesday, 18 Feb 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries