This Lodging news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about lodging news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- CorePoint Lodging (CPLG) Reports Q1 Loss, Tops Revenue Estimates
(CPLG) delivered FFO and revenue surprises of 41.67% and 0.60%, respectively, for the quarter ended March 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Zacks. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- RLJ Lodging (RLJ) Reports Q1 Loss, Tops Revenue Estimates
(RLJ) delivered FFO and revenue surprises of 30.77% and 8.45%, respectively, for the quarter ended March 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Zacks. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Airbnb CEO on role of women in company's success
Airbnb is a growing force in the global lodging
industry, with nearly 80 million guests booking lodging
in 2016. Women make up more than half of the hosts. ...
CBS News. Wednesday, 28 Apr 2021.
- The Toronto Carpenter Who Built Tiny Homes for the Homeless
Khaleel Seivwright built himself a wooden shanty while living on a West Coast commune. Then he started building similar lodgings for homeless people in Toronto to survive the winter.
New York Times. Friday, 16 Apr 2021.
- Poland plans pensions for dogs, horses in state employment
WARSAW, Poland (AP) - They locate survivors in collapsed buildings, track down fugitives, foil drugs and explosives smugglers and help control rowdy crowds. All in exchange for food and lodging
- and an occasional pat on the head. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 27 Mar 2021.
- Suez Canal: Owner of cargo ship blocking waterway apologises
Japanese firm Shoei Kisen Kaisha says dislodging the Ever Given is proving "extremely difficult".
BBC News. Thursday, 25 Mar 2021.
- British militant once sentenced to death for Daniel Pearl killing is freed from prison
Ahmed Omar Saeed Sheikh was ordered to be released on Thursday by Pakistan's Supreme Court but must remain in custody in lodgings similar to prison staff while another appeal is considered.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 25 Mar 2021.
- Vacasa to acquire major vacation rental rival
The acquisition of TurnKey Vacation Rentals will add more than 6,000 units to Vacasa's already large portfolio of travel-oriented lodging
Inman. Thursday, 11 Mar 2021.
- Despite Pandemic, Americans Keep Claiming Free Flights, Hotel Rooms
The pandemic has eliminated or reduced travel for many Americans, but they continue to cash in their credit card rewards for free flights and lodging
Forbes. Friday, 5 Mar 2021.
- SF is paying for hotel rooms to house homeless and some REFUSE to move into permanent housing
The city San Francisco is struggling to move homeless people from temporary hotels to permanent lodgings after it's spent millions renovating buildings for a long-term solution.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 3 Mar 2021.
- Former President Trump reasserts leadership over the Republican Party at CPAC
Speaking at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Orlando, former President Donald Trump said he wants to unite Republicans and spent time lodging
attacks at President Joe Biden. Ed O'Keefe reports.
CBS News. Sunday, 28 Feb 2021.
- The Fake Influencer Who Scammed New York's Elite Gets Out of Prison
Anna Delvey pretended to be a wealthy German heiress to make her friends pay for expensive travel and lodging
in luxurious hotels.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 12 Feb 2021.
- 15 giant sequoias blew over in Yosemite. Now the park works to reopen
The park's southern entrance may be closed for weeks but lodgings will reopen soon.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 28 Jan 2021.
- 5 places reopening after California's stay-home order lifted
Lodgings at Yosemite and Death Valley national parks to reopen soon
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 25 Jan 2021.
- Chinese giant Jingye eyes takeover of Tata's Port Talbot steelworks
The Chinese conglomerate which took control of British Steel earlier this year has set its sights on an even bigger UK deal by lodging
an interest in Tata Steel UK, the owner of the vast Port Talbot plant in South Wales.
Sky News. Saturday, 3 Oct 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries