This Lodging news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about lodging news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Sleeping at the airport: American Airlines flight attendant, pilot unions complain about lack of hotel rooms
American Airlines pilot and flight attendant unions say the company is failing to provide adequate lodging
and transportation when they are on the road.
CNBC. Wednesday, 28 Jul 2021.
- India: Bodies float along Ganges as flooding uncovers Covid victims' corpses
WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT. Seasonal monsoon flooding has caused strong currents to surge through the Ganges, dislodging some of the corpses buried in shallow graves along the river.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 29 Jun 2021.
- Here's Why You Should Hold on to Vail Resorts (MTN) Stock
Vail Resorts' (MTN) is benefiting from robust performance by the Mountain and Lodging
segments. However, competition and weather-related woes remain concerns.
Zacks. Tuesday, 29 Jun 2021.
- The joys of punting in Cambridge - a ridiculously romantic experience
For an indulgent afternoon in Cambridge, book a chauffeured punt and allow enough time to reach the famous Orchard Tea Garden - the former student lodgings of war poet Rupert Brooke.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 27 Jun 2021.
- Retail Sales Fell in May, in Latest Sign of a Bumpy Recovery
As more of the country is vaccinated, Americans are venturing out and spending more on lodging
and entertainment, but less on goods.
New York Times. Tuesday, 15 Jun 2021.
- Mercedes could protest over flex-wings in Baku
Mercedes refuse to rule out lodging
a protest if rival teams run flexible rear wings at the forthcoming Azerbaijan Grand Prix.
BBC News. Monday, 24 May 2021.
- CorePoint Lodging (CPLG) Reports Q1 Loss, Tops Revenue Estimates
(CPLG) delivered FFO and revenue surprises of 41.67% and 0.60%, respectively, for the quarter ended March 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Zacks. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Airbnb CEO on role of women in company's success
Airbnb is a growing force in the global lodging
industry, with nearly 80 million guests booking lodging
in 2016. Women make up more than half of the hosts. ...
CBS News. Wednesday, 28 Apr 2021.
- The Toronto Carpenter Who Built Tiny Homes for the Homeless
Khaleel Seivwright built himself a wooden shanty while living on a West Coast commune. Then he started building similar lodgings for homeless people in Toronto to survive the winter.
New York Times. Friday, 16 Apr 2021.
- Poland plans pensions for dogs, horses in state employment
WARSAW, Poland (AP) - They locate survivors in collapsed buildings, track down fugitives, foil drugs and explosives smugglers and help control rowdy crowds. All in exchange for food and lodging
- and an occasional pat on the head. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 27 Mar 2021.
- Vacasa to acquire major vacation rental rival
The acquisition of TurnKey Vacation Rentals will add more than 6,000 units to Vacasa's already large portfolio of travel-oriented lodging
Inman. Thursday, 11 Mar 2021.
- Despite Pandemic, Americans Keep Claiming Free Flights, Hotel Rooms
The pandemic has eliminated or reduced travel for many Americans, but they continue to cash in their credit card rewards for free flights and lodging
Forbes. Friday, 5 Mar 2021.
- The Fake Influencer Who Scammed New York's Elite Gets Out of Prison
Anna Delvey pretended to be a wealthy German heiress to make her friends pay for expensive travel and lodging
in luxurious hotels.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 12 Feb 2021.
- Chinese giant Jingye eyes takeover of Tata's Port Talbot steelworks
The Chinese conglomerate which took control of British Steel earlier this year has set its sights on an even bigger UK deal by lodging
an interest in Tata Steel UK, the owner of the vast Port Talbot plant in South Wales.
Sky News. Saturday, 3 Oct 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries