This Lodging news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about lodging news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Chatham Lodging (CLDT) Amends Credit Facility for Covenant Waivers
(CLDT) amends its $250-million revolving credit facility to extend the relief period of financial covenant waivers from Mar 31, 2021, to Dec 31, 2021.
Zacks. Friday, 18 Dec 2020.
- Most of California bans vacation stays, but travelers, lodgings aren't in line
Some hotels and rental hosts may still be taking bookings that California has banned. Enforcement is a question.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 15 Dec 2020.
- Seven out of 10 Americans say they will NOT travel for Christmas amid coronavirus fears
The figures show just 32 per cent of Americans have taken an overnight vacation or leisure trip since March according to a survey of 2,200 adults by the American Hotel and Lodging
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 15 Dec 2020.
- Vail Resorts (MTN) Q1 Earnings & Revenues Miss Estimates
Vail Resorts (MTN) first-quarter fiscal 2021 results hurt by dismal performance by the Mountain segment and Lodging
Zacks. Friday, 11 Dec 2020.
- At these California ski resorts, slopes are open, but what about lodging?
At Mammoth and elsewhere, overnight visitors are banned and confusion persists.
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 7 Dec 2020.
- Italian town offers free vacations
The remote Italian village of San Giovanni in Galdo, population 500, is putting the village on the tourist map, rewarding visitors with free lodging
just for going there. Correspondent Chris Livesay reports.
CBS News. Saturday, 21 Nov 2020.
- These Six Luxury Lodgings Offer Exceptional Outdoor Settings Nearby
Refreshing fall recreational opportunities, plus deluxe accommodations.
Forbes. Saturday, 17 Oct 2020.
- Motel 6, Home Depot drop ad agency over "too Black" comment
chain "outraged" by statements reportedly made by founder of Richards Group regarding ad pitch.
CBS News. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- Five U.S. Small Lodgings Offer Creative Fall Treats And Outdoor Activities To Get You Traveling Again
Wander byways, and enjoy seasonal activities and treats this fall.
Forbes. Saturday, 10 Oct 2020.
- Candace Owens group pays for some attendees' travel to Trump's White House event
Some guests for Saturday's White House event featuring President Donald Trump had their travel and lodging
paid for by Candace Owens' group, BLEXIT.
ABC News. Saturday, 10 Oct 2020.
- Chinese giant Jingye eyes takeover of Tata's Port Talbot steelworks
The Chinese conglomerate which took control of British Steel earlier this year has set its sights on an even bigger UK deal by lodging
an interest in Tata Steel UK, the owner of the vast Port Talbot plant in South Wales.
Sky News. Saturday, 3 Oct 2020.
- BofA: Key Takeaways From DraftKings, Penn National, Hilton At Gaming And Lodging Conference
The 11th annual Gaming & Lodging
Conference from Bank of America hosted ten companies. ...
Yahoo. Saturday, 19 Sep 2020.
- Marriott built its own 'Airbnb' before coronavirus crashed business travel. Did it help?
Marriott created its alternative lodging
business a few years ago, and it's grown to 10,000 home listings. But steps to match Airbnb are a blip in the Covid-19 hotel and travel crash.
CNBC. Sunday, 13 Sep 2020.
- As iconic hotel brands languish, these are the coronavirus lodging sector winners
Hotels and travel booking sites have seen massive declines in business due to the coronavirus, but there are hospitality sector bright spots, including vacation rentals and extended stay properties.
CNBC. Thursday, 13 Aug 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries