This Literary news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about literary news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Queen Camilla 'loves romance novels and has covered every surface of her sitting room with books'
Vicki Perrin - who is the director of the Queen's Royal Reading Room charity - spoke to OK! ahead of Camilla's literary
festival at Hampton Court Palace later this month.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 6 Jun 2023.
- Stormzy at Hay literary festival: 'Black people are not monolithic'
The star headlines a different kind of festival, and says he wants to publish more diverse voices.
BBC News. Sunday, 4 Jun 2023.
- How the frazzled fortysomething woman became this summer's literary sensation
A raft of novels featuring midlife heroines are filling the shelves - some of them even (gasp) divorced - as publishers increasingly recognise that falling in love isn't just for those starting out in life.
Daily Mail. Monday, 29 May 2023.
- Mogadishu Book Fair Drives Literary Revival
The Mogadishu Book Fair, an annual literary
event that was launched in 2015, took place last week after a three-year break because of the COVID pandemic. ...
Voice of America. Sunday, 28 May 2023.
- A Great Gatsby Getaway In Antibes
legacy at a luxury hotel on the French Riviera.
Forbes. Wednesday, 24 May 2023.
- How R. F. Kuang turned every recent book scandal into the satirical thriller 'Yellowface'
In 'Yellowface,' R. F. Kuang has traded in fantasy fiction for a wild satire on literary
scandals over appropriation and plagiarism. How and why she did it.
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 15 May 2023.
- Sharing Literary Stories With Yu & Me Bookstore Owner Lucy Yu
Lucy Yu is the owner of Yu & Me books in Chinatown, New York and has been at the forefront of promoting Asian and Asian American immigrant stories and create a place where undiscovered stories are promoted and encouraged.
Forbes. Wednesday, 10 May 2023.
- Photos: Book lovers celebrate all things literary at Los Angeles Times Festival of Books
Billing itself as the biggest literary
event in the country, the 43rd Los Angeles Times Festival of Books took over the USC campus this weekend, featuring more than 500 writers, experts and storytellers.
Los Angeles Times. Sunday, 23 Apr 2023.
- Haruki Murakami: Readers drawn to enigmatic appeal of Japanese author
Mr Murakami is one of Japan's most loved literary
exports, but his work is not without criticism.
BBC News. Friday, 21 Apr 2023.
- Chicago area high school students can win up to $500 in writing competition
The Chicago Literary
Hall of Fame announced the launch of an exciting new award.
ABC News. Sunday, 12 Mar 2023.
- Salman Rushdie says he feels 'lucky' and 'grateful' in first interview since brutal attack
Sir Salman Rushdie says he feels "lucky" and "grateful" in his first interview since being stabbed multiple times during a literary
event in New York last summer.
Sky News. Monday, 6 Feb 2023.
- Victor Navasky, journalist who led The Nation magazine, dies at 90
Navasky left an indelible mark on liberalism as a familiar name and face in the literary
and political scene.
CBS News. Tuesday, 24 Jan 2023.
- Salman Rushdie: A life spent fighting free speech - attacked at a bastion of free speech
The audience had come to hear a literary
icon discuss freedom of expression and America's record as an asylum, and place of safety, for writers the world over.
Sky News. Friday, 12 Aug 2022.
Literary Agents News Headlines and News Summaries