This Literary news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about literary news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Book excerpt: "Hamnet," a child of Shakespeare
Maggie O'Farrell's literary
novel explores the effect on the Bard, and his marriage, of the loss of his young son
CBS News. Sunday, 2 Aug 2020.
- Dame Hilary Mantel is tipped for her third Man Booker Prize as the longlist is revealed
Dame Hilary Mantel could win her third Man Booker Prize after being named among 13 candidates longlisted for this year's literary
award. Eight of the finalists are debut novelists.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 28 Jul 2020.
- Baroness Nicholson axed as Booker prize vice-president
The position at the literary
award - held by Baroness Nicholson of Winterbourne, Rabbi Julia Neuberger and Sir Ronald Harwood - and that of honorary president Jonathan Taylor were cut.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 25 Jun 2020.
- Dumfries and Galloway's literary links aim to aid post-pandemic recovery
Famous works of fiction could have a part to play in bringing tourists back to south west Scotland.
BBC News. Monday, 8 Jun 2020.
- How to Read a Coronavirus Study, or Any Science Paper
Published scientific research, like any piece of writing, is a peculiar literary
New York Times. Tuesday, 2 Jun 2020.
- Read, the Beloved Country: Literature in Locked-Down South Africa
Dispatches from literary
lockdown, from an unexpected book-town: Johannesburg.
Voice of America. Monday, 11 May 2020.
- Hay Festival: Line-up for digital event during lockdown
The annual literary
show was cancelled due to coronavirus but will now be held online this month.
BBC News. Wednesday, 6 May 2020.
- Literary References And Quotidian Objects Awaken Stories In Still Life Paintings Of Todd M. Casey
The Art of Still Life, featuring more than 30 meticulous works by Casey where everyday objects exercise the imagination, is on view through March 27 at Rehs Contemporary Galleries, Inc. in New York.
Forbes. Saturday, 29 Feb 2020.
- Charles Dickens Museum Acquires Trove of Author's Unpublished Letters
The London museum recently purchased more than 300 literary
artifacts assembled by a private collector in the U.S.
Smithsonian. Tuesday, 11 Feb 2020.
- Gabriel Matzneff: French Furore Over Acclaimed Writers Child Sex Abuse, 4 Decades On
While boasting for decades of his sexual exploits with teenage boys and girls, French writer Gabriel Matzneff enjoyed literary
impunity, reaping literary
accolades and awards. ...
Forbes. Wednesday, 22 Jan 2020.
- The Man Who Transformed a Welsh Town Into a 'Kingdom' of Used Books
Thanks to Richard Booth, who died on August 20 at the age of 80, the town is still known as a literary
Smithsonian. Thursday, 29 Aug 2019.
- J.D. Salinger's books to finally get digital release - CNET
Reclusive author's estate was seen as one of the major literary
CNET. Sunday, 11 Aug 2019.
Literary Agents News Headlines and News Summaries