This Lighting news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about lighting news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Chicago holiday events, including tree lighting, Millennium Park ice skating to return in-person
After being put on pause last year due to the COVID pandemic, several holiday events and activities will return to Chicago in 2021.
ABC News. Thursday, 23 Sep 2021.
- Splashes of Color and Edible Flowers: How a Dallas Juice Bar Evokes Abundance in a Food Desert
Dallas business owner wants to turn the exterior of Recipe Oak Cliff into a beacon of bounty, complete with outdoor lighting, splashes of color and planters filled with herbs and edible flowers.
NBC. Wednesday, Sep 22 2021.
- DHS confirms extremists used TikTok to promote violence and crime at the January 6 Capitol riot
DHS filed a report highlighting concerns that violent content was growing on the Chinese-owned social media platform and used to promote violence at the Jan.6 Capitol riot.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 16 Sep 2021.
- Retail Sales Rose in August, Highlighting Uneven Consumer Spending
The 0.7 percent climb in sales last month came after a 1.8 percent decline in July and gains earlier in the summer.
New York Times. Thursday, 16 Sep 2021.
- 'Justice for J6' rally scares Washington, but organizers call it a civil rights action
The organizers of the “Justice for J6” rally scheduled for Saturday at the U.S. Capitol say they are spotlighting the “immoral” treatment of people charged in connection with the Jan. 6 riot. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 15 Sep 2021.
- Pfizer reveals new timeline for greenlighting COVID vaccine for kids ages 5-11
"If the FDA judges the data sufficient enough, we could do it by the fall," Dr. Anthony Fauci said.
ABC News. Wednesday, 15 Sep 2021.
- Queen leads birthday tributes to Prince Harry
The Queen has led birthday wishes to Prince Harry on his 37th birthday, sharing a selection of photos highlighting her grandson's charity efforts while he was a working royal.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 15 Sep 2021.
- Forbes Announces Its 50 Over 50: Investment List, Highlighting Female Visionaries On Wall Street And Beyond
Forbes unveils its 50 Over 50: Investment list, which highlights the female investors and financial leaders who are leading high-growth businesses in the male-dominated spaces of Wall Street, venture capital, and impact investing.
Forbes. Tuesday, 14 Sep 2021.
- Air Traffic Controllers Look Back At The September 11 U.S. Attacks
It's twenty years later, and while there are many heroes and quick-thinking actions from that day, highlighting the FAA's tremendous ability to shut down U.S. ...
Forbes. Saturday, 11 Sep 2021.
- London Underground: Man died after falling into gap, RAIB finds
He fell between the train and the platform while alighting and was not seen by the driver.
BBC News. Tuesday, 7 Sep 2021.
- PetroChina's (PTR) Blowout H1 Earnings Signal Turnaround
PetroChina (PTR) aims to shift a third of its capital to low-carbon energy projects by 2035, highlighting its green push.
Zacks. Friday, 3 Sep 2021.
- New range of Wiz lighting offers smart alternative to Philips Hue
Signify, the company behind the Philips Hue brand, has announced several new products from Wiz - another smart lighting
brand under its umbrella.The Wiz
Pocket Lint. Friday, 3 Sep 2021.
- Spirit Airlines passenger who smoked cigarette on plane escorted off by police: video
A woman on a Florida-bound flight drew the scorn of her fellow travelers after lighting
up a cigarette as the airplane was making its way toward the terminal early Tuesday, according to a video of the incident recorded by a passenger.
Fox News. Wednesday, 25 Aug 2021.
- US troops in Kabul traumatized, struggling to meet 'impossible' Aug 31 deadline: Griffin
Fox News' national security correspondent Jennifer Griffin unloaded on President Biden, spotlighting the plight of U.S. ...
Fox News. Tuesday, 24 Aug 2021.
- Retail sales fell in July, highlighting the rocky economic recovery.
The 1.1 percent decline was sharper than economists had expected and came as sales of cars and home goods dropped.
New York Times. Tuesday, 17 Aug 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries