This Life Insurance news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about life insurance news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Man found not criminally responsible for killing wife gets her life insurance
A Nova Scotia judge has ruled a Cape Breton man found not criminally responsible in the 2017 killing of his wife is entitled to her life insurance
CBC News. Thursday, 16 Jan 2020.
- Cigna to sell non-health business to New York Life
Cigna Corp. plans to sell its group disability and life insurance
business to New York Life and use the proceeds to pay down debt.
Modern Healthcare. Wednesday, 18 Dec 2019.
- Cigna Will Sell Non-Medical Insurance Unit To New York Life For $6.3 Billion
Cigna will sell its group life and disability insurance unit to New York Life Insurance
for $6.3 billion in a move to focus squarely on its healthcare business.
Forbes. Wednesday, 18 Dec 2019.
- Woman took estranged husband off life insurance 2 weeks before she disappeared
Two weeks before Jennifer Hillier-Penney vanished from her estranged husband's house in a remote Newfoundland town, she removed him as a beneficiary on her life insurance
CBC News. Wednesday, 18 Dec 2019.
- Life Insurance Outlook: Low Interest Rate Woes to Continue
Outlook: Low Interest Rate Woes to Continue
Zacks. Wednesday, 11 Dec 2019.
- Verisk (VRSK) to Snap Up N.J. Based FAST for $193.5 Million
The acquisition is likely to expand Verisk's (VRSK) offerings in the life insurance
Zacks. Thursday, 5 Dec 2019.
- Turning 100? Your birthday gift could be an unexpected tax
Here's a birthday gift a centenarian might not see coming: a tax bill from the IRS. Certain life insurance
policies give you access to "cash value" that grows tax-free. The catch: You might owe taxes when you hit 100.
CNBC. Sunday, 27 Oct 2019.
- Pam Hupp under investigation for murdering her friend in 2011
Betsy Faria's murder has become an eight-year saga filled with deaths, a wrongful conviction, a life insurance
payout, claims of a botched police investigation and even a suicide attempt.
Daily Mail. Friday, 25 Oct 2019.
- Here's why you should buy life insurance in your 20s or 30s
When you're just starting out, life insurance
may not be your first concern. Putting it off, however, may cost you.
CNBC. Saturday, 19 Oct 2019.
- How Brooke Shields Is Bringing Much Needed Awareness To The Value And Accessibility Of Life Insurance
There is nothing more important to Brooke Shields than protecting her family financially. Her mission is to communicate to all families that life insurance
is affordable, easy - and necessary.
Forbes. Monday, 30 Sep 2019.
- Realogy launches ambitious agent benefits program
Spark will use Realogy's size to get better deals on things like health, disability and life insurance
for the company's agents.
Inman. Monday, 23 Sep 2019.
- Illinois residents collect more than $15M from life insurance policies this year
Illinois residents have been able to collect more than $15 million from lost or unclaimed life insurance
policies this year with help from the Department of Insurance, according to state officials.
ABC News. Saturday, 14 Sep 2019.
- Man guilty of killing and burning wife after taking out insurance policy
A man who strangled his wife and set her body on fire soon after taking out a £300,000 life insurance
policy has been found guilty of murder.
Sky News. Thursday, 7 Feb 2019.
- Gay pharmacist killed wife to start new life with his boyfriend
A gay pharmacist has been convicted of murdering his wife so he could start a new life in Australia with his boyfriend and a £2m life insurance
Sky News. Tuesday, 4 Dec 2018.
- Samsung Life sells $ 1 billion worth of shares in Samsung Electronics
SEOUL (Reuters) - Samsung Life Insurance
Co Ltd said on Thursday it sold 1.12 trillion won ($1 billion) worth of its shares in Samsung Electronics Co Ltd.
Reuters. Wednesday, 30 May 2018.
News Headlines and News Summaries