This Life Insurance news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about life insurance news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 4 Value Picks From the Top-Ranked Life Insurance Industry
Given the Life Insurance
industry prospects, undervalued stocks like LNC, ATH, RGA and BHF have the potential of generating better returns than other players.
Zacks. Friday, 24 Sep 2021.
- Digitization Of Life Insurance Industry In Surprising Ways
In the ever-changing post-pandemic world, the digital transformation of various legacy industries continues to evolve at a faster pace. ...
Forbes. Thursday, 23 Sep 2021.
- Alex Murdaugh alleged shooter Curtis Smith says he was set up by disgraced lawyer
Curtis Smith, who was hired as a hitman by Alex Murdaugh to kill himself so his son could rake in $10 million dollars from life insurance, says he was set up by Murdaugh.
Fox News. Saturday, 18 Sep 2021.
- Alex Murdaugh 'pocketed' $4M life insurance payout from grieving sons of housekeeper
Alex Murdaugh has been accused of stealing $4 million from the grieving sons of his longtime housekeeper, Gloria Satterfield, after he told them to sue him but never paid them out.
Daily Mail. Friday, 17 Sep 2021.
- Prominent lawyer accused of planning his own death surrenders to police
Prominent South Carolina lawyer Alex Murdaugh is facing charges after he allegedly hired a man to kill him so his son could collect a $10 million life insurance
payment. Nikki Battiste has more on the latest twist in the case.
CBS News. Thursday, 16 Sep 2021.
- Police: Prominent South Carolina lawyer conspired to have himself shot in $10 million insurance scheme
Law enforcement in South Carolina say prominent attorney Alex Murdaugh conspired with a hit man to have himself shot. If he had died, his son would have received a life insurance
policy worth an estimated $10 million. ...
CBS News. Wednesday, 15 Sep 2021.
- Police arrest suspect in the shooting of South Carolina legal scion Alex Murdaugh
South Carolina legal scion Alex Murdaugh orchestrated his own shooting in a botched scheme for his surviving son to collect a $10 million life insurance
payment, investigators say.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 15 Sep 2021.
- Lawyer 'arranged own shooting for $10m insurance payout' after murder of wife and son
A prominent American lawyer - whose wife and son were murdered in June - arranged for a man to kill him so his other son could collect a $10m (£7.23m) life insurance
payout, authorities have said.
Sky News. Wednesday, 15 Sep 2021.
- UBER Announces Industry-Wide Benefits Fund for Canada Workers
UBER's proposed flexible benefits fund can be used by workers for health care and dental benefits, life insurance, retirement contributions, as well as educational expenditures.
Zacks. Tuesday, 31 Aug 2021.
- Why Beneficiary Support Must Be Top Of Mind For Life Insurance Providers
Insurance providers can be doing far more to support the beneficiary experience.
Forbes. Friday, 20 Aug 2021.
- Phoenix close to offloading European arm to ELG in £550m deal
The London-listed life insurance
consolidator Phoenix Group Holdings is closing in on a deal to sell its European operations in a deal worth about £550m.
Sky News. Monday, 17 May 2021.
- Feds say Swiss company to pay $77M over U.S. tax evaders
NEW YORK (AP) — Switzerland’s biggest and oldest life insurance
company will pay more than $77 million to the U.S. Treasury after admitting it helped U.S. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 14 May 2021.
- Texas man pleads guilty in murder-for-hire plot to kill his father
A Texas man has admitted to hiring a gunman to kill his parents in order to cash in on a life insurance
policy and sell millions of dollars of their assets for his own profit, according to local reports.
Fox News. Wednesday, 7 Apr 2021.
- TX mom accused of causing 6-year-old son's drug overdose for $100,000 life insurance payout
A 25-year-old Texas mom is accused of giving her child a toxic amount of over-the-counter drugs and narcotics, prosecutors say.
ABC News. Thursday, 1 Apr 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries