This Life Insurance news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about life insurance news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Insurer NN Group Q1 core profit surges 50%, beats estimates
Insurer NN Group on Thursday beat expectations with a 50% surge in first-quarter core profit at 468 million euros ($524.6 million), as the performance of its Dutch life insurance business improved.
CNBC. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Variable Life Insurance - Panacea or Pariah?
Is variable life insurance a smart multitasking investment, or a high cost, high commission potential tax trap? Get savvy fast with this quick read.
Forbes. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- Parkland School Shooter Set to Receive Over $400,000
Set to receive more than $400,000 from a life insurance policy, confessed Parkland, Florida school shooter, Nikolas Cruz, is likely to have to afford his own representation now, according to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.
Newsmax. Thursday, 25 Apr 2019.
- Parkland School Shooter Public Defenders Seek To Withdraw Because Cruz Has Money Now
A parent's life insurance policy will mean a more than $400,000 payout for Nikolas Cruz. The public defender's office can only represent people who can't afford representation on their own.
NPR. Thursday, 25 Apr 2019.
- Parkland Shooting Suspect Is Getting $430,000 From Life Insurance and May Lose His Lawyers
Public defenders for Nikolas Cruz asked to leave the case after he was awarded half of an $865,000 life insurance policy.
New York Times. Wednesday, 24 Apr 2019.
- Tobacco company Philip Morris starts life insurance firm that offers discounts to smokers who quit
Philip Morris International, the tobacco company that sells Marlboro cigarettes around the world, is getting into the life insurance business.
CNBC. Tuesday, 23 Apr 2019.
- For the Realm: 10 Popular 'Game of Thrones' Characters, Ranked By Life Insurance Risk
Like Cersei, Daenerys or Jon Snow, you may need life insurance benefits for your loved ones. Except, if Khaleesi dies, who pays out the dragons' benefit?
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 17 Apr 2019.
- Woman Calls NBC 5 After Target Cancels Mom's Ins. Policy
A Frisco woman called NBC 5's Samantha Chatman after she said Target refused to pay out her deceased mother's life insurance policy. #NBC5Responds.
NBC. Friday, 12 Apr 2019.
- Sears tells retirees to pay for their own life insurance
A month after coming out of bankruptcy, the retailer ends a key benefit for thousands of elderly former employees
CBS News. Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019.
- I'm dying, but my life insurer wouldn't pay out: We help brave father forced to fight for justice
When father-of-one Paul Webb was told that he may have less than 12 months to live, he took some solace in the fact that he had life insurance with terminal illness cover.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 12 Mar 2019.
- Carlyle Group (CG) Acquires 9% Stake in India's SBI Life
Carlyle Group (CG) acquires 9% stake in SBI Life Insurance from BNP Paribas, in a deal anticipated to be worth $653 million.
Zacks. Monday, 4 Mar 2019.
- Why Jay-Z And Kevin Durant Were Compelled To Invest In This Life Insurance Company
Ethos Life CEO Peter Colis chose to focus on life insurance because the process to acquire coverage is arduous, and the commission-based brokerage model means that consumers often don't get the coverage they need. ...
Forbes. Tuesday, 19 Feb 2019.
- Will Cat Loss Ail American International in Q4 Earnings?
American International's (AIG) Q4 earnings are likely to be hit by catastrophe loss, partly offset by revenue gains in General and Life insurance.
Zacks. Tuesday, 12 Feb 2019.
- NHS worker 'faked his own death so wife could claim life insurance'
Bekezela Bhebhe, 52, faked his own death between June 2 and August 25 2017, it is alleged. His wife, Thulile Bhebhe, 49, pleaded guilty to the same charge.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 13 Dec 2018.
- Gay pharmacist killed wife to start new life with his boyfriend
A gay pharmacist has been convicted of murdering his wife so he could start a new life in Australia with his boyfriend and a £2m life insurance payout.
Sky News. Tuesday, 4 Dec 2018.
Life insurance concept
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries