This Life Insurance news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about life insurance news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- How Much Of Hartford's Revenues Comes From Property & Casualty Insurance: 40%, 60% or 80%?
The Hartford Financial Services Group is an insurance and financial services company which is one of the largest providers of property & casualty insurance and life insurance
products in the U.S. ...
Forbes. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Ontario man says life insurance application denied due to anxiety disorder
A man in Elmira, Ont., says his application for life insurance
was denied by Sun Life Financial on the basis of his generalized anxiety disorder.
CBC News. Monday, 12 Aug 2019.
- Roper (ROP) to Take iPipeline Over for $1.6 Billion in Cash
Roper's (ROP) acquisition of iPipeline will likely create additional growth opportunities in financial services and life insurance
industry. Cash accretion from the acquisition is expected immediately.
Zacks. Friday, 9 Aug 2019.
- The Tax Bite From Selling Your Insurance Policy to Investors
You can raise some quick cash by selling your life insurance
to investors, who are betting on when you die. But the taxes you owe on your payout can be tricky.
Forbes. Saturday, 3 Aug 2019.
- Life Insurance Industry Near-Term Prospects Encouraging
Industry Near-Term Prospects Encouraging
Zacks. Friday, 2 Aug 2019.
- Court ruling on military insurance policy sheds light on murder-suicide
A dispute over who should benefit from a life insurance
policy is offering a glimpse into the tragic events leading to the deaths of members of the Desmond family in a 2017 murder-suicide in Upper Big Tracadie, N.S.
CBC News. Monday, 24 Jun 2019.
- The cheating wife who had her Naval officer husband killed for his $400,000 life insurance
Ensign Cory Allen Voss, 30, was gunned down in Newport News, Virginia on April 30, 2007, a crime for which his wife Catherina 'Cat' Voss, Michael Draven and hitman David Runyon were ultimately convicted.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 30 May 2019.
- Freddie Starr's body has been repatriated to Britain
Family of the TV personality feared he would be given 'a pauper's funeral' in Malaga after he died without life insurance
and with little money to his name.
Daily Mail. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Insurer NN Group Q1 core profit surges 50%, beats estimates
Insurer NN Group on Thursday beat expectations with a 50% surge in first-quarter core profit at 468 million euros ($524.6 million), as the performance of its Dutch life insurance
CNBC. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Parkland Shooting Suspect Is Getting $430,000 From Life Insurance and May Lose His Lawyers
Public defenders for Nikolas Cruz asked to leave the case after he was awarded half of an $865,000 life insurance
New York Times. Thursday, 25 Apr 2019.
- Tobacco company Philip Morris starts life insurance firm that offers discounts to smokers who quit
Philip Morris International, the tobacco company that sells Marlboro cigarettes around the world, is getting into the life insurance
CNBC. Tuesday, 23 Apr 2019.
- For the Realm: 10 Popular 'Game of Thrones' Characters, Ranked By Life Insurance Risk
Like Cersei, Daenerys or Jon Snow, you may need life insurance
benefits for your loved ones. Except, if Khaleesi dies, who pays out the dragons' benefit?
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 17 Apr 2019.
- Woman Calls NBC 5 After Target Cancels Mom's Ins. Policy
A Frisco woman called NBC 5's Samantha Chatman after she said Target refused to pay out her deceased mother's life insurance
NBC. Friday, 12 Apr 2019.
- Man guilty of killing and burning wife after taking out insurance policy
A man who strangled his wife and set her body on fire soon after taking out a £300,000 life insurance
policy has been found guilty of murder.
Sky News. Thursday, 7 Feb 2019.
- Gay pharmacist killed wife to start new life with his boyfriend
A gay pharmacist has been convicted of murdering his wife so he could start a new life in Australia with his boyfriend and a £2m life insurance
Sky News. Tuesday, 4 Dec 2018.
News Headlines and News Summaries