This Library news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about library and libraries news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Don't Pick Your Nose, 15th-Century Manners Book Warns
The taboo on booger hunting stretches back centuries, reveals a book recently digitized by the British Library
Smithsonian. Thursday, 27 Feb 2020.
- Ace Your Next Presentation with This Customizable Slide Library
From investor meetings to branding, these slides will transform your presentation.
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 27 Feb 2020.
- Big data could yield big discoveries in archaeology
Centuries of archaeological research on the Inca Empire has netted a veritable library
of knowledge. But new digital and data-driven projects are proving that there is much more to discover about pre-colonial life in the Andes.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 25 Feb 2020.
- A Medieval book on etiquette and manners is digitised by the British Library for the first time
The Lytille Childrenes Lytil Boke (The Little Children's Little Book) was written more than 500 years ago by an unknown British author and teaches etiquette and table manners.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 25 Feb 2020.
- 500-year-old manners book advises kids to 'pyke notte thy nostrellys' - CNET
No nose-picking! A new British Library
site surfaces some treasures online, include the Lytille Childrenes Lytil Boke, which tells kids what not to do in polite company.
CNET. Tuesday, 25 Feb 2020.
- Library of Congress Acquires 100,000 Images by Harlem Photographer Shawn Walker
The African American photographer was a founding member of the Kamoinge Workshop, an art collective launched during the 1960s
Smithsonian. Monday, 24 Feb 2020.
- Plans to transform Woodlawn neighborhood use Obama Presidential Center as catalyst
A vision unveiled Sunday for the land around the proposed Obama Presidential Center and Library
makes for an ambitious take on building up the South Side neighborhood.
ABC News. Monday, 24 Feb 2020.
- Bob Moore, founder of Bob's Red Mill, on his recipe for success
While in his 50s he walked into a library
on a whim, and picked up a book that would change the course of his life, to become a major player in the natural and organic foods industry
CBS News. Sunday, 23 Feb 2020.
- Loyola Park Field House in Rogers Park will soon have youth library
The Loyola Park Advisory Board is opening a youth library
for kids to use after school.
ABC News. Friday, 21 Feb 2020.
- Two firefighters are killed in California library blaze as police arrest two 13-year-old boys
Fire Captain Raymond Figueroa, 35, and firefighter Patrick Jones, 25, were killed in the fire that started in the children's section of the Porterville Public Library
Daily Mail. Thursday, 20 Feb 2020.
- California library fire that killed 2 firefighters leads to arrest of 2 teens on arson, manslaughter charges
Two 13-year-olds were arrested Wednesday for starting a fire in a California public library
that killed one firefighter and left another missing.
Fox News. Thursday, 20 Feb 2020.
- Teens arrested in connection with deadly California library fire
Two 13-year-old suspects are in custody after a fire in a California library
turned deadly. One firefighter who was killed has been identified, and another is missing. Jonathan Vigliotti reports.
CBS News. Wednesday, 19 Feb 2020.
- California firefighter killed, another missing battling library fire
One firefighter was killed and another missing Tuesday evening after a fire broke out at a library
in Porterville, Calif., north of Bakersfield.
Fox News. Wednesday, 19 Feb 2020.
- Hagley Museum hosts discussion about technology and disabilities
Hagley Museum and Library
in Wilmington hosts a discussion about the history of designing technology for people with disabilities next week.
NPR. Wednesday, 12 Feb 2020.
- Step Up Your Branding With This Library of Pro Vector Assets, Now Less Than $35
Build your brand with these one-of-a-kind vectors.
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 11 Feb 2020.
Libraries News Headlines and News Summaries