This Library news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about library and libraries news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Spider-Man Swoops Onto Public Library Cards
150,000 limited-edition cards will feature the Marvel icon, in a move by the New York Public Library
to draw in teenage readers.
New York Times. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
- Massive Digital Library Released To Accelerate Clinical Research And Cut Costs
Health technology startup HumanFirst is changing the way clinical trials are run by putting people at the center of drug development.
Forbes. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
- Why Lizzo Playing A Flute From The Library Of Congress Is Important
Lizzo is bringing much needed, large-scale, attention to instrumental music at a time when the nation needs it most.
Forbes. Sunday, 2 Oct 2022.
- How to claim your Stadia refunds from Google
Google's cloud gaming platform, Stadia, will no longer work from 19 January 2023.You have until then to play all of the games in your Stadia library, but
Pocket Lint. Saturday, 1 Oct 2022.
- Letter that led Downers Grove library to cancel drag bingo contained bullet, police say
DuPage County Sheriff's deputies released images of the letters that prompted the cancelation of a local drag queen bingo event next month.
ABC News. Friday, 30 Sep 2022.
- A new book revisits the most poignant items The Repair Shop has brought back to life
Among the cherished items in the new book are an electric go-kart with a tragic tale and a mini library
of the complete works of Shakespeare handed down for more than 100 years.
Daily Mail. Friday, 30 Sep 2022.
- Library of Congress explains why it hosted Jackson investiture but not for Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, Barrett
of Congress hosted an event for Supreme Court Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson's investiture, but does not appear to have held events for other new justices.
Fox News. Friday, 30 Sep 2022.
- In Thousands of Recordings, Jim Metzner Collected Sounds From Around the World
of Congress has acquired the prolific radio producer's full body of work
Smithsonian. Thursday, 29 Sep 2022.
- Council comes under fire for replacing story-telling library bear with gender-neutral alien
Hertfordshire Council says Tala the Storyteller is a 'bright, vibrant creature' that will capture the imagination of toddlers and babies, and confirmed they will be referred to using they/them pronouns.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 29 Sep 2022.
- Lizzo Played a 200-Year-Old Glass Flute Given to James Madison
of Congress invited the musician, a classically trained flutist, to play the instrument at her concert this week
Smithsonian. Thursday, 29 Sep 2022.
- George and Amal Clooney to honor global justice defenders with Albie Awards
The inaugural award ceremony will be held Thursday at the New York Public Library
CBS News. Wednesday, 28 Sep 2022.
- Fox (FOXA) Continues to Expand Its Library to Gain Traction
Fox Corporation (FOXA) to debut new episodes of the iconic series Cops on Fox Nation on Sep 30.
Zacks. Friday, 23 Sep 2022.
- Keller Orders Removal of Public Library's Post Promoting Banned Books Week
Some Keller residents are expressing concern after city officials asked the public library
to remove a social media post highlighting Banned Books Week.
NBC. Wednesday, Sep 21 2022.
- 'Dog Library' springs up in Minneapolis neighborhood in memory of beloved pets
In northeast Minneapolis, a creative project is turning heads, and causing lots of tail wags.
ABC News. Tuesday, 20 Sep 2022.
- Book Ban Efforts Surging in 2022, US Library Association Says
The wave of attempted book banning and restrictions continues to intensify, the American Library
Association reported Friday. Numbers for 2022 already approach last year's totals, which were the highest in decades. ...
Voice of America. Sunday, 18 Sep 2022.
Libraries News Headlines and News Summaries