This Library news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about library and libraries news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Eminem-inspired rapper-poet says writing saved his life
Now, Duke Al Durham is calling for a National Poetry Library
BBC News. Wednesday, 12 Jan 2022.
- Armed stand-off forcing Coventry businesses to close doors
A school, library
and businesses close their doors as police say safety is the main concern.
BBC News. Wednesday, 12 Jan 2022.
- Nazi archive on Freemasonry amassed by Heinrich Himmler could shed light on secret society
From insight into women's Masonic lodges to the musical scores used in closed ceremonies, the trove - housed in an old university library
in western Poland - has already revealed secrets.
Daily Mail. Monday, 10 Jan 2022.
- Suspect arrested in thefts of unpublished books, also targeted works by Ethan Hawke and Margaret Atwood
Authorities say they've solved a publishing industry whodunit with the arrest Wednesday of a man accused of numerous literary heists in recent years who amassed a library
of unpublished works.
Fox News. Thursday, 6 Jan 2022.
- A Vatican Library Shortens the Distance Between Its Works and Its Scholars
Rare books in Rome are going online thanks to a German copier, a Long Island scanning firm and a New York software company.
New York Times. Saturday, 1 Jan 2022.
- Okla. lawmaker pitches book ban that would levy penalty of $10,000 per day
An Oklahoma state lawmaker has introduced a bill that would give parents the power to remove inappropriate books from school libraries
. Republican state Sen. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 30 Dec 2021.
- Oklahoma bill would let parents remove sexually explicit books from school libraries
A new Oklahoma bill would give parents the right to remove books with sexual content from their school libraries
Fox News. Thursday, 30 Dec 2021.
- Covid is Surging and Disrupting Life Across the City Again
are closing, urgent care centers are running out of healthy staff members and subway lines have been suspended as the state is setting new case records.
New York Times. Thursday, 30 Dec 2021.
- The Top 10 Books Americans Tried To Ban In 2020
Every year, schools and libraries
around the US field challenges from individuals hoping to ban book titles. Here are the top most controversial books of 2020.
Forbes. Wednesday, 29 Dec 2021.
- Meet The Skincare Founder Who Is Making Millions Converting Likes To Dollars
With a desire to start a skincare line, no experience or access to a personal computer, Britni M. Ricard taught herself how to start a business and marketing fundamentals at a public library
Forbes. Tuesday, 21 Dec 2021.
- Iconic 1997 movie 'Selena' added to National Film Registry
The movie, which tells the inspiring but tragic story of the Tejano music star who continues to be loved today, became a touchstone in Latin American culture, the Library
of Congress said.
ABC News. Thursday, 16 Dec 2021.
- Bloomsbury completes purchases of academic publisher ABC-CLIO
ABC-CLIO produces online curriculum and reference materials for US schools, universities and public libraries
and has four imprints, 32 databases and over 23,000 titles in its portfolio.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 16 Dec 2021.
- Mom shocked by school library Christmas book showing Santa with Confederate flag sack, gun
Latoya Martin said her 8-year-old daughter brought home "Redneck Night Before Christmas" to read with her family.
ABC News. Monday, 6 Dec 2021.
- Fairfax parents fume at school system for returning 'Lawn Boy,' 'Gender Queer' to library shelves
Parents lambasted Fairfax County Public Schools this week for returning two controversial books to the library
and making left-wing class assignments. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 3 Dec 2021.
- UK competition regulator tells Meta to sell GIF library Giphy
Facebook's owner Meta has been issued a legally binding order to sell the GIF library
Giphy after an investigation found the takeover "could harm social media users and UK advertisers".
Sky News. Tuesday, 30 Nov 2021.
Libraries News Headlines and News Summaries