This Legal news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about legal news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Soldier's mother could be among the last to benefit from immigration program
The Trump administration is reviewing whether to end a program that helps undocumented family members of U.S. troops adjust their legal
CBS News. Thursday, 22 Aug 2019.
- Schools, Parents Taking Action Over E-Cigarette Concerns
On September 1, a new state law raising the minimum legal
purchase age of tobacco and nicotine products to 21, takes effect in Texas. Photo Credit: NBC 5 News.
NBC. Thursday, 22 Aug 2019.
- Malouf taps Steed as chief legal officer
Bedding and mattress producer Malouf has added former Kirton McConkie partner Jeff Steed to its legal
team as chief legal
officer. The post Malouf taps Steed as chief legal
officer appeared first on Furniture Today.
Furniture Today. Thursday, 22 Aug 2019.
- 19-year-old drops lawsuit against Juul, Philip Morris over illegal marketing
An Illinois teenager dropped a lawsuit on Wednesday against e-cigarette maker Juul and tobacco giant Philip Morris two days after suing the companies.
ABC News. Wednesday, 21 Aug 2019.
- NAR will have to fight commission battles on two fronts
The National Association of Realtors' bid to transfer the smaller of two bombshell commission lawsuits in order to consolidated them has failed, likely making the 1.3 million-member trade group's legal
Inman. Wednesday, 21 Aug 2019.
- US moves to abolish child migrant custody limits
Migrant families crossing the southern border of the US illegally could now be detained indefinitely.
BBC News. Wednesday, 21 Aug 2019.
- Maryland man accused of raping, choking woman was in US illegally, report says
A 26-year-old man accused of raping and attacking a woman in Maryland last week reportedly has been identified by ICE as a Honduran national who has been in the U.S. illegally.
Fox News. Wednesday, 21 Aug 2019.
- Trump: Seriously Looking at Ending Birthright Citizenship
President Donald Trump said on Wednesday that his administration was seriously looking at ending the right of citizenship for U.S.-born children of noncitizens and people who immigrated to the United States illegally. ...
Newsmax. Wednesday, 21 Aug 2019.
- Jeffrey Epstein wasn't on New Mexico sex offender registry because of legal loophole
There's new scrutiny of Jeffrey Epstein's conduct in New Mexico. The disgraced financier allegedly sexually abused girls at his ranch in the state. Mola Lenghi joined CBS News to talk about the latest on the case.
CBS News. Wednesday, 21 Aug 2019.
- 19-year-old sues Juul, Philip Morris alleging illegal marketing to young people
An Illinois teenager is suing e-cigarette maker Juul and tobacco giant Philip Morris alleging illegal and deceptive marketing, invoking U.S. anti-racketeering laws.
ABC News. Wednesday, 21 Aug 2019.
- Romanian double rapist carried out a brutal sex attack months after legally coming to UK
Vasile Nastase, 49, is facing life in prison after he attacked a woman in Leigh, Greater Manchester, after he came to the UK having served two jail sentences for rape in Romania.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 21 Aug 2019.
- Meng Wanzhou claims 'covert criminal investigation' by Canadian, U.S. authorities
Lawyers for Meng Wanzhou claim she was the target of a "covert criminal investigation" designed by Canadian and U.S. authorities to illegally detain and search the Huawei executive when she landed in Vancouver in December 2018.
CBC News. Tuesday, 20 Aug 2019.
- Georgia Unveils Legal Arguments For Protecting Fetal Heartbeat Law
'Constitutional interest in protecting unborn human lives'
Daily Caller. Tuesday, 20 Aug 2019.
- Former Farc rebels become eco-warriors to stop deforestation in the Amazon
Ex-Farc rebels in Colombia, who spent decades fighting the government over land and power, have reinvented themselves as eco-warriors protecting the Amazon from illegal logging.
BBC News. Tuesday, 20 Aug 2019.
- Brexit: Donald Tusk rejects Boris Johnson's demands to ditch Irish backstop
The British Prime Minister last night told the EU that the backstop is 'simply unviable' and should be replaced with a new legal
commitment to avoid the return of a hard border.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 20 Aug 2019.
Legal Consultants News Headlines and News Summaries