This Lawn news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about lawns from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- CLAUDIA CONNELL: My fake lawn is greeted with disgust
CLAUDIA CONNELL: Behind my patio doors sits eight square feet of gleaming emerald, plastic lawn. It's a sight that is sometimes greeted with such appalled disgust by visitors.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 8 Jun 2023.
- Man dies at Woodlawn migrant shelter at former Wadsworth Elementary School: Chicago police
In February, the former school building was turned into temporary housing for migrants.
ABC News. Sunday, 4 Jun 2023.
- Can Californians Keep Their Lawns?
Some homeowners who ripped out their grassy yards say their lawns
have come back to life after the recent rains.
New York Times. Thursday, 1 Jun 2023.
- Webster Elementary School students hold Peace Walk for gun violence awareness in Chicago
Some CPS students, teachers, families and community members attended a Peace Walk in North Lawndale for gun violence awareness.
ABC News. Wednesday, 31 May 2023.
- Furious gardener slams 'nimby' neighbours for noise complaints over his lawnmower
Malcom Starr, 73, of Holme-next-the-Sea, near Hunstanton, Norfolk, says the complainants should 'get a life' after council officials told him he faces an investigation.
Daily Mail. Friday, 26 May 2023.
- From the Civil War to today's mattress sales, Memorial Day is full of contradiction
Memorial Day is supposed to be about mourning the nation's fallen service members, but it's come to anchor the unofficial start of summer and a long weekend of discounts on anything from mattresses to lawn
Washington Times. Friday, 26 May 2023.
- 'My lawn was stolen last night': How a filmmaker learned to laugh at his missing turf
The NextDoor post sounded like a hoax, but one Studio City man says a thief hit paydirt by stealing his lawn.
Los Angeles Times. Saturday, 6 May 2023.
- The Best Self-Propelled Lawn Mowers That Save You Time And Energy
The best self-propelled lawn
mowers cruise around your yard with minimal effort on your end, while delivering a professional-grade cut. Here are our top picks for 2023.
Forbes. Wednesday, 26 Apr 2023.
- Wimbledon To House Ukraine's Players, Fund Relief Efforts After Allowing Russians, Belarusians To Compete
The All England Lawn
Tennis and Croquet Club will pay for two rooms for Ukrainian tennis players and their teams during the grass-court season and will donate about $1.25 from each ticket sold at Wimbledon to relief efforts in Ukraine.
Radio Liberty. Tuesday, 25 Apr 2023.
- Once again, Newark is named the worst city in the US to get stoned
The Gateway City once again ranked dead last in an annual ranking of the best cities for pot lovers, falling below Bridgeport, Connecticut, according to Lawnstarter in observance of 4/20.
Inman. Thursday, 20 Apr 2023.
- The Best Cordless Leaf Blowers That Effortlessly Clean Up Your Yard
The best cordless leaf blowers allow you to quickly clean up your lawn
without the hassle of dealing with a cord. Here are our top picks for 2023.
Forbes. Wednesday, 19 Apr 2023.
- Storm turns Southern California mountains, high desert into winter playgrounds
Antelope Valley residents arose Saturday to an unfamiliar sight when snow blanketed parks, lawns
and surrounding desert brush.
Los Angeles Times. Saturday, 25 Feb 2023.
- Jill Biden decorates White House, North Lawn for Valentine's Day
The first lady received some help with celebrating one of her favorite holidays from military children at Fort Drum.
CBS News. Tuesday, 14 Feb 2023.
- Scotts Miracle-Gro catches cannabis fever, lobbies Congress to lift federal pot prohibition
The company that keeps your lawn
green is also heavily invested in the cannabis industry and is pushing for an end to federal restrictions that prevent marijuana businesses from accessing banking services.
Washington Times. Thursday, 9 Feb 2023.
- Dallas Church Serves Migrant and Unhoused Communities
United Methodist is helping migrants bused to North Texas from El Paso, now the church is helping the community stay warm during the arctic blast.
NBC. Thursday, Dec 22 2022.
Lawn Services News Headlines and News Summaries