This Lawn news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about lawns from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Toni Preckwinkle to join family of hairstylist killed in Chicago Lawn to call for justice
Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle is expected to join the family of Tamiko Talber-Fleming Wednesday calling for justice and information in her death.
ABC News. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- Chicago shooting: Woman, 49, killed in Chicago Lawn while looking for parking at work
Chicago police said a 49-year-old woman was shot and killed while looking for parking at her job in Chicago Lawn
early Friday morning.
ABC News. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- Michigan judge BERATES 72-year-old man with lymph node cancer for not keeping his lawn tidy
The judge told the cancer patient his yard was 'shameful' and said 'if I could give you jail time on this, I would'. After berating him, she issued a $100 fine that his family paid on Wednesday.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 13 Jan 2022.
- Five kids, aged 7 to 16, found home alone on Christmas morning after dad kills mom then himself
Arsenio Gonzalez, 45, and wife Maria, 42, were found dead on the family's front lawn
outside their trailer home in Houston at around 1 a.m. Christmas morning, authorities said.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 28 Dec 2021.
- California to ticket high-pollution trucks, lawn mowers
"What we're really talking about here is the smog ... that is making people sick and killing people," one advocate said of new regulations.
CBS News. Friday, 10 Dec 2021.
- California To Ban Gas-Powered Leaf Blowers, Lawn Mowers
'Probably kill my small business'
Daily Caller. Friday, 10 Dec 2021.
- California regulators sign off on phaseout of new gas-powered lawn mowers, leaf blowers
The new regulations by the California Air Resources Board require all newly sold small-motor equipment primarily used for landscaping to be zero-emission by the target dates, with some exceptions.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 9 Dec 2021.
- Fairfax parents fume at school system for returning 'Lawn Boy,' 'Gender Queer' to library shelves
Parents lambasted Fairfax County Public Schools this week for returning two controversial books to the library and making left-wing class assignments. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 3 Dec 2021.
- Meet an Ecologist Who Works for God (and Against Lawns)
A Long Island couple say fighting climate change and protecting biodiversity starts at home. Or rather, right outside their suburban house.
New York Times. Friday, 3 Dec 2021.
- More states considering bans on gas-powered lawn equipment
California was first to pass a ban in October and now New York and Illinois are introducing similar legislation.
CBS News. Thursday, 2 Dec 2021.
- Fairfax County schools reinstates books with explicit images, claiming they don't include pedophilia
Fairfax County Public Schools reinstated two books that parents have condemned as obscene and pedophilic, Gender Queer and Lawn
Fox News. Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021.
- Novabot, the fully autonomous lawnmower robot, will transform your mowing experience
Keeping your lawns
healthy, green, and perfectly trimmed can be a painstaking affair. You have to dedicate the first half of your weekend to mowing the
Pocket Lint. Thursday, 11 Nov 2021.
- Tennessee Mayor Arrested On Misconduct Charges After Using Town Lawnmower For Personal Benefit
'his lawnmower was broken'
Daily Caller. Thursday, 4 Nov 2021.
- Column: Newsom made the right decisions on fishing, 'ghost guns' and 3 other simple bills
Bills on fishing licenses, ghost guns, jaywalking, bicycle laws and gas-powered lawn
equipment were among those Newsom acted on
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 14 Oct 2021.
- Gavin Newsom regulations target toys, ketchup, lawnmowers
California Gov. Gavin Newsom, fresh off last month’s recall victory, signed a bundle of bills over the weekend that delivered a fresh layer of woke regulations to his allies on the Democratic left. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 11 Oct 2021.
Lawn Services News Headlines and News Summaries