This Lawn news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about lawns from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Mass Grave Unearthed in Tulsa During Search for Massacre Victims
An excavation found 11 coffins in Oaklawn Cemetery, but painstaking work will be required to identify whether the remains are from Black victims of the 1921 race massacre.
New York Times. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Ten bodies are found in unmarked mass grave in search for 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre victims
Ten coffins were discovered in Oaklawn Cemetery in Tulsa Wednesday with what is presumed to be one person in each, Oklahoma state archaeologist Kary Stackelbeck said.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- New Hampshire homeowners with pro-Trump signs on their lawns receive letter threatening an 'attack'
'Dear neighbor, you have been identified by our group as being a Trump supporter,' read the letter, which was sent to a home in Milford, New Hampshire, and two others in nearby Brookline.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Amazon Fresh grocery stores hiring in Naperville, Bloomingdale, Oak Lawn, Schaumburg
Amazon said it is looking to fill roles in Naperville, Bloomingdale, Oak Lawn
and Schaumburg with benefits and pay starting at $15 an hour.
ABC News. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- College student aspiring to become a teacher killed in Humboldt Park shooting; 1 other injured
The Cook County Medical Examiner's Office has identified the woman as Tynaz Shorter, of Lawndale.
ABC News. Sunday, 18 Oct 2020.
- Trump to hold first in-person event at White House since COVID-19 diagnosis
President Trump will be hosting his first in-person event since being diagnosed with the coronavirus on the South Lawn
Saturday, where hundreds of supporters are expected to show up. ...
CBS News. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- Trees and lawns beat the heat
As climate change pushes many cities towards dangerous temperatures, planners are scrambling to mitigate excessive heat. One strategy is to replace artificial surfaces with vegetation cover. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- Trump holds first in-person event since testing positive for COVID-19
For the first time since testing positive for COVID-19, President Trump held an in-person event. The president spoke to supporters from a White House balcony over the South Lawn. Chip Reid has more.
CBS News. Sunday, 11 Oct 2020.
- Trump, eager to get campaign back on track after COVID-19 diagnosis, rallies supporters on the South Lawn
President Trump made his first public appearance since his hospitalization for the coronavirus with an event on the South Lawn
of the White House.
Los Angeles Times. Saturday, 10 Oct 2020.
- Trump To Hold Rally With Hundreds Of Supporters On White House Lawn Saturday
Masks and Covid-19 screenings will be required at the event, sources with knowledge of the group's planning tells Forbes.
Forbes. Friday, 9 Oct 2020.
- Trump to hold rally-style event on South Lawn of White House on Saturday
President Trump is expected to host hundreds of people on the South Lawn
of the White House on Saturday in a rally-style event. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 9 Oct 2020.
- Lawn chair clubs combine social time and social distancing
JANESVILLE, Wis. (AP) - As leaves spun down like blazing yellow confetti from the honey locust trees in the terrace of Uptown Janesville, six men unfolded Green Bay Packers lawn
chairs under a cloudless Friday morning sky. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 5 Oct 2020.
- Raking leaves this fall? If you leave them be, you're doing the planet a favor
It's autumn and that means leaves are littering lawns
around the country. Time to take out the rake and bag up them up, right? Wrong.
Yahoo. Friday, 2 Oct 2020.
- A Raccoon Reportedly Attacked Reporters On The White House Lawn
Paula Reid found raccoon traps after the alleged incident
Daily Caller. Wednesday, 30 Sep 2020.
- South Africa's indigenous Khoisan seek better recognition
A giant bronze statue of Nelson Mandela overlooks a big black tarpaulin tent that has become a fixture on the emerald lawns
of the South African president's office in Pretoria.
Yahoo. Friday, 25 Sep 2020.
Lawn Services News Headlines and News Summaries