This Lawn news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about lawns from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Column: Newsom made the right decisions on fishing, 'ghost guns' and 3 other simple bills
Bills on fishing licenses, ghost guns, jaywalking, bicycle laws and gas-powered lawn
equipment were among those Newsom acted on
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 14 Oct 2021.
- Brian Laundrie's father mows the lawn 19 hours after coroner announced Gabby was strangled
Chris Laundrie, 62, was filmed trimming grass around a memorial for Gabby Petito on Wednesday morning. He was seen avoiding the caution tape, bouquets of flowers and pictures.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021.
- California to phase out gas-powered lawn equipment
$30 million in the state's budget will be used to create a statewide incentive program to help landscaping businesses transition to zero-emission equipment.
CBS News. Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021.
- Gavin Newsom regulations target toys, ketchup, lawnmowers
California Gov. Gavin Newsom, fresh off last month’s recall victory, signed a bundle of bills over the weekend that delivered a fresh layer of woke regulations to his allies on the Democratic left. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 11 Oct 2021.
- California gas lawn mower ban: New law moves to prohibit sale of some gas-powered equipment
The bill bans the sale of gas-powered lawn
mowers and aims to curb emissions from a category of small engines on pace to produce more pollution each year than passenger vehicles.
ABC News. Monday, 11 Oct 2021.
- Gov. Newsom Signs Law Banning Gas-Powered Lawn Tools By 2024 In California
The new law will be effective as early as 2024
Daily Caller. Monday, 11 Oct 2021.
- Brian Laundrie's parents use cover of night to remove laundry baskets and a Gabby Petito poster
Video footage shows Brian Laundrie's parents emerging from their Florida home on Sunday night to quickly clear their lawn
of around 15 white plastic laundry baskets left in protest.
Daily Mail. Monday, 11 Oct 2021.
- Laundrie Family Removes Not-So-Welcome Gifts From Front Lawn
Brian Laundrie has been reported missing since September 17.
Entrepreneur. Monday, 11 Oct 2021.
- Detroit man, 35, beat 75-year-old employer unconscious over low pay, authorities say
Keith Demetrious Taylor, 32, had finished mowing a lawn
for a landscaper in Rochester Hills, Mich., when he became angry over his paycheck and repeatedly kicked the 75-year-old in the head, authorities said.
Fox News. Sunday, 10 Oct 2021.
- California moves toward ban on gas lawnmowers and leaf blowers
California will outlaw the sale of new gas-powered lawnmowers, leaf blowers and chainsaws as early as 2024 under a new law signed by Gov. Gavin Newsom.
Los Angeles Times. Sunday, 10 Oct 2021.
- World's fastest lawnmower hits record 143 mph
A custom lawnmower powered by a Suzuki superbike engine has clamed the title of world's fastest lawnmower at 143 mph.
Fox News. Thursday, 7 Oct 2021.
- Woodlawn block club mobilizes to fight crime after recent shooting
"We all have different points of view, working toward the same thing: having a safe neighborhood."
ABC News. Thursday, 7 Oct 2021.
- Dallas Police Searching for Suspect in Shooting at Oak Lawn Apartment Building
The Dallas Police Department is asking for the public's assistance in locating a person of interest in a shooting that occurred in Oak Lawn
NBC. Saturday, Sep 25 2021.
- Police, Oak Lawn Community Ask for Public's Help to Solve Deadly Shooting
Dallas police are asking for the public's assistance to find a person of interest in connection to a deadly shooting in Oak Lawn
NBC. Saturday, Sep 25 2021.
- Fall Armyworms Are Attacking Lawns and Crops on 'Unprecedented' Scale
These bug battalions turn grass yards from green to brown in less than 48 hours
Smithsonian. Tuesday, 7 Sep 2021.
Lawn Services News Headlines and News Summaries