This Law Enforcement news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about law enforcement news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Trump Continues Criticism of Movement to Defund the Police
The president is embracing law enforcement, a tactic that won him support in the 2016 campaign, while ignoring calls for reform.
New York Times. Tuesday, 14 Jul 2020.
- Fake pharmaceutical industry thrives in West Africa
Law enforcement agencies are battling to break foreign-linked criminal syndicates.
BBC News. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Ghislaine Maxwell tried to run away when the FBI arrived at her New Hampshire house to arrest her, prosecutors say
When law enforcement
arrived at Maxwell's home, she fled deeper into the massive estate, prosecutors wrote in opposition to her bail request.
Yahoo. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Changes to a Justice Department police reform program leave community fighting for transparency
Former Attorney General Jeff Sessions significantly altered a Justice Department program meant to bring law enforcement
and local communities together on a voluntary basis. ...
CBS News. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- U.S. warns citizens of heightened detention risks in China
The U.S. State Department warned American citizens on Saturday to "exercise increased caution" in China due to heightened risk of arbitrary law enforcement
including detention and a ban from exiting the country. "U.S. ...
Yahoo. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- Leak reveals user information TikTok shares with police, including IP addresses, phone model, more
Newly leaked police documents reveal how the video sharing app TikTok shares information about its users with law enforcement, including phone numbers and other social media accounts.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- 150 Minneapolis cops request post-traumatic stress leave
At least 150 Minneapolis police officers are now seeking disability for post-traumatic stress disorder, the latest sign of municipal law enforcement
reeling from weeks of protests, rioting and calls to disband police departments. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Retired cops launch PAC to help elect pro-police candidates
A coalition of retired law enforcement
has banded together and formed the Protect Our Police PAC to support pro-cop candidates running for elections.
Fox News. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Ford rejects workers' suggestion it stop making police vehicles
Nation's second-largest automaker won't give up its status as top seller of transportation for law enforcement
CBS News. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Video shows violence erupts at Black Lives Matter rally in Idaho
Last Tuesday, activists gathered outside City Hall. where they were outnumbered by a larger group who showed their support for law enforcement
- and violence soon erupted.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Operation Legend to Tackle Surge in US Violent Crime
The law enforcement
effort is named for toddler shot to death in his bed last month in Kansas City, Missouri.
Voice of America. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Defund the police: What it means and who it will affect
For most people, defunding the police doesn't mean getting rid of law enforcement
. It's really about the redistribution of money to the places and programs that need it.
ABC News. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- DHS Sec. Chad Wolf: Criminals are 'emboldened' as leaders 'play politics' with law enforcement
America's criminals are further "emboldened" as leaders "play politics" with law enforcement, Acting Department of Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf asserted Tuesday.
Fox News. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Tennessee to review law enforcement polices, training
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Gov. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
- Hundreds arrested as crime chat network cracked
Police forces across Europe collaborated on the UK's "most significant" law enforcement
BBC News. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
Law Enforcement News Headlines and News Summaries