This Law Enforcement news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about law enforcement news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Churchgoers Armed, Trained in Wake of Mass Shootings
A niche industry is training congregants to protect their churches with the techniques and equipment of law enforcement
Voice of America. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- California cops offer free Ring surveillance cams for crime tips in controversial 'reward program'
At least 231 law enforcement
agencies across the country have formed business deals with the Amazon-owned doorbell cam producer despite critics' privacy and accountability concerns.
Daily Mail. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Democrats fuel attacks on police, ICE with incendiary political rhetoric, critics charge
From dousing police with water to doxxing immigration agents to attacking detention centers, it's been a long, hot summer for law enforcement, and the inflammatory political rhetoric on the left isn't helping. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Theories over Jeffrey Epstein's apparent suicide began within minutes
Law enforcement experts and sections of the media were quickly asking why Epstein had been taken off 'suicide watch' at the Manhattan correctional centre (pictured).
Daily Mail. Sunday, 11 Aug 2019.
- 'I'm The Shooter,' El Paso Suspect Allegedly Told Police
The suspect was in his car, stopped at an intersection when law enforcement
officials pulled up behind him. That's when he got out with his hands in the air. He allegedly said he targeted Mexicans.
NPR. Friday, 9 Aug 2019.
- Florida's "red flag" law is thwarting "bad acts," sheriff says
Advocates and law enforcement
in Florida tout the success of the law passed after the 2018 Parkland massacre
CBS News. Friday, 9 Aug 2019.
- Judge Rules for Oregon in Immigration Sanctuary Case
A federal judge rules that the Trump administration cannot withhold millions of dollars in law enforcement
grants from Oregon because of its 'sanctuary' policies that limit cooperation with federal immigration agents.
Voice of America. Thursday, 8 Aug 2019.
- Judge Michael McShane rules for Oregon in sanctuary city fight with Trump
SALEM, Ore. — A U.S. judge ruled that the Trump administration cannot withhold millions of dollars in law enforcement
grants from Oregon to force the nation's first sanctuary state to cooperate with U.S. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 8 Aug 2019.
- Amazon is developing high-tech surveillance tools for an eager customer: America's police
Dozens of law enforcement
agencies have used Amazon-powered technology to modernize crime-fighting, but critics raise fears of privacy abuses.
CNBC. Thursday, 8 Aug 2019.
- Phoenix officer questions role of racial bias training
A CBS News investigation looks at the changes made by law enforcement
since the shooting of Michael Brown in 2014. Many police departments now have training to confront racial bias. ...
CBS News. Wednesday, 7 Aug 2019.
- When CSIS comes knocking: Amid reports of Muslim students contacted by spy agency, hotline aims to help
Receiving a phone call or visit from Canada's spy agency or law enforcement
is an increasingly familiar experience for many Muslim students on campus.
CBC News. Wednesday, 7 Aug 2019.
- WATCH: Service that hosts 8chan now offline
ABC News Senior Investigative reporter Josh Margolin discusses how law enforcement
can police dark web spaces more to prevent hateful dialogue online from turning into deadly attacks.
ABC News. Tuesday, 6 Aug 2019.
- Trump offers condolences to victims: 'Hate has no place in our country'
"It was horrible but it could have been so much worse," Trump said, noting the swift response of local law enforcement
ABC News. Sunday, 4 Aug 2019.
- 'Hands Up, Don't Shoot' Examines What Led To Ferguson And Baltimore Protests
Unlike many academic tomes, Jennifer Cobbina's book doesn't presume prior knowledge; it establishes historical and cultural context for the distrust many African Americans feel toward law enforcement
NPR. Thursday, 1 Aug 2019.
- Top Law Enforcement Official in Texas Accused of Rape, Fired
The Texas Department of Public Safety says its chief of intelligence and counterterrorism has been arrested on a sexual assault charge and was fired.
NBC. Thursday, 1 Aug 2019.
Law Enforcement News Headlines and News Summaries