This Law Enforcement news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about law enforcement news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- O'Brien assures Americans "their vote is secret" amid interference fears
The commitment from O'Brien comes after federal law enforcement
warned this week of efforts by Iran and Russia to interfere in the election.
CBS News. Sunday, 25 Oct 2020.
- DC Federal Law Enforcement Refuse To Say How They Are Preparing For Potential Election Day Violence
'The US Park Police is committed to the peaceful assembly and expression of First Amendment rights'
Daily Caller. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- The Police Can Probably Break Into Your Phone
At least 2,000 law enforcement
agencies have tools to get into encrypted smartphones, according to new research, and they are using them far more than previously known.
New York Times. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Kim Foxx faces challenges from O'Brien, Dennehy in Cook Co. State's Attorney race
In two weeks, Cook County voters will make a critical choice about who will be the top law enforcement
official, as incumbent Kim Foxx faces a pair of challenges from Republican Pat O'Brien and Liberatrian Brian Dennehy.
ABC News. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- Violence erupts in San Francisco as Trump supporters and counter-protesters clash
Pro-Trump protesters sporting MAGA hats and waving pro-law enforcement Thin Blue Line flags flocked to downtown San Francisco Saturday where they were met by counterprotesters.
Daily Mail. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- Ukrainian lawmaker claims second laptop belonging to Hunter's contacts has been seized by officials
Andrii Derkach, right, posted to Facebook on Friday to say there is a 'second laptop'. In the post Derkach says that laptop 'was given to Ukrainian law enforcement'. Joe Biden is left.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 18 Oct 2020.
- Portland and Oakland sue over use of federal agents at protests
The suit alleges that the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Justice Department are overstepping constitutional limits in their use of federal law enforcement
officers to tamp down on protests.
CBS News. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- Michigan law enforcement on high alert after anti-government militia also plotted to target, kill police
Law enforcement in Michigan remains on high alert after the FBI said the same group of alleged militia members who conspired to kidnap Gov. ...
Fox News. Wednesday, 14 Oct 2020.
- Police: Kentucky man posed as officer, assaulted woman
COLUMBIA, Ky. (AP) - A man impersonating law enforcement
officer attempted to forcibly remove a woman from her car after signaling for her to pull over, Kentucky State Police said. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- Border Agents Make Second Largest Meth Seizure After Finding Over 3,000 Pounds Of Drugs
'This massive seizure is testament of what law enforcement
agencies can do when we combine forces'
Daily Caller. Monday, 12 Oct 2020.
- ICE responds to reports officer wore NYPD jacket, says the word police is a law enforcement symbol
Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) is looking into reports that one of its officers wore an NYPD jacket that caused alarm for New York City residents, according to a report.
Fox News. Monday, 12 Oct 2020.
- A North Carolina university went into lockdown after it received a threat about its Black Lives Matter mural
The campus stayed on lockdown for almost 10 hours as campus, local, state, and federal law enforcement
agencies conducted their investigation.
Yahoo. Saturday, 10 Oct 2020.
- Trump says Whitmer didn't say 'thank you' after thwarted kidnapped plot. She did thank law enforcement
Whitmer thanked law enforcement
in her press conference on Thursday but criticized Trump for his responses to hate groups.
Yahoo. Friday, 9 Oct 2020.
- Documents show large police presence at George Floyd burial
Hundreds of law enforcement
personnel, including six sniper teams and Border Patrol agents, were deployed during George Floyd's burial.
ABC News. Saturday, 3 Oct 2020.
- Judges Rules Trump Law Enforcement Commission Violated Federal Law
The judge found the commission failed to include stakeholders apart from law enforcement
officials and did not properly notify the public of meetings.
Forbes. Thursday, 1 Oct 2020.
Law Enforcement News Headlines and News Summaries