This Laundry news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about laundry and laundries news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Covid-19: Man is brutally beaten with baseball bats by gang of 4 men after asking them to wear masks
A father-of-two feared he would be killed after being knocked unconscious by two men brandishing baseball bats after asking one of them to wear a face mask in a laundry
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 4 Aug 2020.
- Australian mother's enormous lockdown laundry pile is branded the most relatable photo this year
Perth mum Kodie Quinlivan couldn't face folding laundry
during lockdown. The enormous pile she created instead has been branded the most relatable post on social media this year.
Daily Mail. Monday, 27 Jul 2020.
- Taiwanese laundry-modelling grandparents are surprise Instagram hit
A man's wish to stop his grandparents being bored leads to unexpected fame and new happiness.
BBC News. Friday, 24 Jul 2020.
- Laundry's worst cycle: COVID impact on dry cleaners and tailors
"We're down 80% of sales while trying to keep 100% of staff. It can't be done," said one dry cleaning industry executive.
CBS News. Monday, 20 Jul 2020.
- Devices can reduce fibers produced in laundry cycle by up to 80%
A study compared the efficiency of six different devices, ranging from prototypes to commercially available products.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 15 Jul 2020.
- Does the Dryer Eat Your Socks? Use This Simple Laundry Hack to Solve the Problem
Socks have a habit of disappearing on laundry
day. Here's how to make sure they remain inseparable.
Mental Floss. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- Starting Bonus for a Laundry Worker: How a Beach Town Wrestles With Jobless Benefits
Rehoboth Beach, Del., provides insight into how a $600 expanded unemployment benefit is affecting rehiring.
New York Times. Friday, 26 Jun 2020.
- Ecolab's AdvaCare Disinfectant Receives First EPA Approval
Ecolab's (ECL) AdvaCare Disinfectant receives first EPA approval for a laundry
disinfectant and oxidizer emerging viral pathogen claim that is effective against the coronavirus.
Zacks. Monday, 8 Jun 2020.
- Coronavirus: Job losses as Fishers shuts Perth laundry
Fishers says it was hit by the downturn in the hospitality and tourism sector following the Covid lockdown.
BBC News. Monday, 1 Jun 2020.
- How Line-Dried Laundry Gets That Fresh Smell
This is what happens when atmospheric chemists hang towels on drying racks around their chemistry building.
New York Times. Friday, 29 May 2020.
- Coronavirus secrets: 'I'm already lazy so this is right up my alley'
Driving from L.A. to San Diego to do laundry, secret trips to the beach and other anonymous admissions from readers.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 20 May 2020.
- Fired State Department watchdog was looking into whether Pompeo made staffer walk his dog, pick up laundry
Congressional officials are trying to determine whether other investigations into Secretary of State Mike Pompeo were underway.
CNBC. Monday, 18 May 2020.
- Court order hasn't stopped COVID-19 spread at Cook County Jail; attorneys want drastic action
Cook County Jail claims to have executed a laundry
list of sanitation and testing requirements set by a federal judge, but attorneys for some prisoners say dangerous violations continue.
ABC News. Thursday, 16 Apr 2020.
- Doing Laundry Safely in the Pandemic
Experts say it's important to disinfect household items, including your clothes, during this crisis. ...
Newsmax. Monday, 23 Mar 2020.
- Here's what providers want in Congress' economic stimulus bill
Providers have compiled a laundry
list of requests for lawmakers to help them prepare for a surge in COVID-19 patients.
Modern Healthcare. Tuesday, 17 Mar 2020.
Laundries News Headlines and News Summaries