This Laboratory news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about laboratory and laboratories news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Exploring the source of stars and planets in a laboratory
New computer simulation aims to verify a widely held but unproven theory of the source of celestial bodies.
Science Daily. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- What's in Store for IDEXX Laboratories (IDXX) in Q3 Earnings?
IDEXX's (IDXX) third-quarter top line is likely to have benefited from strength in CAG and LPD businesses.
Zacks. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- OPKO Health's (OPK) BioReference Laboratories Unveils New Test
OPKO Health's (OPK) BioReference Laboratories' new multiplex test can differentiate between COVID-19 and Influenza infections with a single sample.
Zacks. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Demand For Abbott Labs Covid-19 Tests Eclipses 100 Million As Pandemic Rages On
said it has sold more than 100 million Covid-19 tests as sales of its portfolio of coronavirus tests surges around the world, the company said Wednesday.
Forbes. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- 'Classified knots': Researchers create optical framed knots to encode information
Researchers have been able to create optical framed knots in the laboratory
that could potentially be applied in modern technologies. ...
Science Daily. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- Queen tells Porton Down professor rising coronavirus infection rates 'were expected really'
The Queen described rising coronavirus cases as 'horrible,' during an engagement at Porton Down laboratory
which saw her leave a royal residence for the first time in seven months.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 15 Oct 2020.
- New Design Molten Salt Reactor Is Cheaper To Run, Consumes Nuclear Waste
Molten salt reactors are not new. The defining work was done on them at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory
in Tennessee in the 1950s through the 1970s. ...
Forbes. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- Coronavirus: Chinese virologist accuses Beijing of faking virus genome data to hide its 'bioweapon'
Li-Meng Yan, an alleged former researcher at the Hong Kong School of Public Health, said Thursday in a new report that the coronavirus was a 'laboratory product' created by Beijing.
Daily Mail. Friday, 9 Oct 2020.
- Trump Announces Plan to Ship 150 Million Rapid Coronavirus Tests
Governors of both parties welcomed the plan, but some health experts noted limitations of the kits made by Abbott Laboratories
New York Times. Tuesday, 29 Sep 2020.
- Robots in a flat - testing tech for independent living
made to look like a home is fitted with sensors and internet of things devices.
BBC News. Monday, 28 Sep 2020.
- 90-minute British DnaNudge COVID-19 test is accurate, Lancet study finds
A British COVID-19 test known as DnaNudge that gives results in just over an hour and which requires no laboratory
was accurate in almost all cases, an academic review in the Lancet has found. ...
Yahoo. Friday, 18 Sep 2020.
- Coronavirus: How do monoclonal antibodies work?
How a treatment using laboratory-made antibodies could fight Covid-19.
BBC News. Monday, 14 Sep 2020.
- Alexei Navalny: French and Swedish labs confirm novichok poisoning
Two independent laboratories
have confirmed German findings that Alexei Navalny was poisoned with novichok.
Sky News. Monday, 14 Sep 2020.
- Navalny's Condition Improving As Germany Says Two Independent Labs Confirm Novichok Poisoning
The Berlin hospital treating Kremlin critic Aleksei Navalny says his condition is improving as Germany announced two independent laboratories
confirmed evidence that he was poisoned with a nerve agent from the Novichok group.
Radio Liberty. Monday, 14 Sep 2020.
- Covid in N.Y.C.: Why the Wealthy Get Quick Test Results
Some New Yorkers are turning to concierge medical practices and small laboratories, paying more to get results in as little as 24 hours.
New York Times. Tuesday, 1 Sep 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries