This Laboratory news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about laboratory and laboratories news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Black Mirror-like robodog 'Astro' can respond to commands such as 'sit', 'stand' and 'lie down'
Astro is being developed by researchers from the Florida Atlantic University's Machine Perception and Cognitive Robotics Laboratory
using deep learning and artificial intelligence technology.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Purdue lands $10M grant for new food safety laboratory
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (AP) - Purdue University has landed a $10 million federal grant to jump-start a new laboratory
devoted to improving food safety in developing nations. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Anxiety-stricken mother-of-one decides against using CBD oil as treatment after shocking discovery
Natalie, from Wakefield, was wary of the THC in cannabis oil, and decided to meet with with a hemp farmer and a scientist to test the product at a laboratory, to understand the side effects.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Is Abbott Laboratories (ABT) Outperforming Other Medical Stocks This Year?
Is (ABT) Outperforming Other Medical Stocks This Year?
Zacks. Tuesday, 6 Aug 2019.
- Mettler-Toledo (MTD) Q2 Earnings Top Estimates, Revenues Lag
Mettler-Toledo (MTD) second-quarter 2019 results benefit from well-performing Laboratory
and Industrial product lines.
Zacks. Friday, 2 Aug 2019.
- 2 Tennessee scientists honored with presidential award
OAK RIDGE, Tenn. (AP) - Two researchers from Oak Ridge National Laboratory
in Tennessee are among the recipients of the 2019 Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 2 Aug 2019.
- Studies: Human Biases Show Up in Robots
Human biases extend to robots, according to the study, "Robots And Racism," conducted by the Human Interface Technology Laboratory
in New Zealand.
Newsmax. Thursday, 1 Aug 2019.
- Experimental treatment slows prion disease, extends life of mice
Scientists using an experimental treatment have slowed the progression of scrapie, a degenerative central nervous disease caused by prions, in laboratory
mice and greatly extended the rodents' lives. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 1 Aug 2019.
- Scientists reproduce the dynamics behind astrophysical shocks
Article describes first laboratory
measurement of the precursors to high-energy astronomical shocks.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 30 Jul 2019.
- NASA Scientists and Astronauts Practice for Space Missions on the Seafloor
A female-led crew trained for nine days in an undersea laboratory
in the Atlantic to get a sense of what it's like to live and work in microgravity
Smithsonian. Monday, 29 Jul 2019.
- Lady Gaga in exclusive Amazon deal to launch beauty range
The star is bypassing traditional retailers by selling Haus Laboratories
with the online giant.
BBC News. Wednesday, 10 Jul 2019.
- Raspberry Pi hack puts NASA in security jam - CNET
500MB of data was stolen from NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory
CNET. Monday, 24 Jun 2019.
- Largest world stock of animal-killing virus destroyed by UK lab
Scientists destroy final UK laboratory
samples of rinderpest, a highly contagious cattle disease.
BBC News. Friday, 14 Jun 2019.
- A trip to the International Space Station will cost tourists $52 million
Companies are buying rides to fly so-called "private astronauts" up to the laboratory
in the sky for a visit.
CNBC. Tuesday, 11 Jun 2019.
- Inside the secret laboratory where Marriott is cooking up the hotel of the future
As anyone who's pulled off the interstate late at night knows, hotels like Marriott, Residence Inn, Sheraton, and Aloft are frequently neighbors, lined up side by side on the outskirts of town. ...
Hsyndicate. Monday, 3 Jun 2019.
News Headlines and News Summaries