This Laboratory news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about laboratory and laboratories news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Coronavirus UK: 11 new fatalities in death toll
Department of Health chiefs say the final tally, which includes laboratory-confirmed fatalities in all settings across the UK, now stands at 44,830.
Daily Mail. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Oracle, Abbott Laboratories, Chevron, Sanofi and Boeing
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Oracle, Abbott Laboratories, Chevron, Sanofi and Boeing
Zacks. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Is Abbott Laboratories (ABT) Outperforming Other Medical Stocks This Year?
Is (ABT) Outperforming Other Medical Stocks This Year?
Zacks. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Boron nitride destroys PFAS 'forever' chemicals PFOA, GenX
Chemical engineers have discovered a photocatalyst that can destroy 99% of the 'forever' chemical PFOA in laboratory
tests on polluted water. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Compounds halt SARS-CoV-2 replication by targeting key viral enzyme
New research identifies several existing compounds that block replication of the COVID-19 virus (SARS-CoV-2) within human cells grown in the laboratory
Science Daily. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Theory coronavirus came from Wuhan lab must not be dismissed as conspiracy, says ex-MI6 boss
A former British spy chief says he wants a more open debate on the origin of the coronavirus pandemic and warns against dismissing as conspiracy the idea that it might have come from a laboratory
Sky News. Sunday, 5 Jul 2020.
- Three in four DIY swab kits are NOT being used despite being included in Government's testing tally
Just 117,759 (26 per cent) of more than 450,000 kits sent to Britons and care home residents in the week ending June 4 were actually returned to laboratories
to be processed.
Daily Mail. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- Do Empty Stadiums Affect Outcomes? The Data Says Yes
When the Bundesliga resumed its season without fans, it became a valuable laboratory
. Other leagues should take note of what it learned.
New York Times. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- Lighting maker Signify: UV light 'degrades' coronavirus quickly
Signify, the world's largest lighting manufacturer, said on Tuesday researchers at Boston University had confirmed an ultraviolet light made by the company works to degrade most coronavirus in a laboratory
setting in a matter of seconds.
Reuters. Tuesday, 16 Jun 2020.
- RPT-Outbreak quashed, China launches test lab spending spree
China is building hundreds of testing laboratories
and stocking up on tests to ramp up screening for the coronavirus, even in healthy people, having all-but stamped out local transmission of the disease.
Reuters. Thursday, 11 Jun 2020.
- Job losses as US medical research firm closes lab
Charles River Laboratories
operates test centres at Riccarton in Edinburgh and Tranent in East Lothian.
BBC News. Wednesday, 3 Jun 2020.
- SpaceX Nasa Mission: Astronauts on historic mission enter space station
Nasa's Doug Hurley and Bob Behnken complete their 19-hour flight to the orbiting laboratory
Yahoo. Monday, 1 Jun 2020.
- Monkeys 'grab and flee' with coronavirus-infected blood samples
A gang of monkeys "grabbed and fled" with coronavirus-infected blood samples after attacking a laboratory
technician in India, authorities have said.
Sky News. Saturday, 30 May 2020.
- Building a Mouse Squad Against Covid-19
A Maine laboratory
is on the verge of supplying a much-needed animal for SARS-CoV-2 research
Smithsonian. Thursday, 21 May 2020.
- Maine laboratory reports increased tick submissions: How to keep safe
With heightened tick submissions in a Maine laboratory, follow these tips to prevent tickborne disease this season.
Fox News. Wednesday, 20 May 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries