This Laboratory news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about laboratory and laboratories news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Valo Health Is Partnering With Charles River Laboratories To Accelerate Preclinical Drug Discovery
The two companies will begin offering their combined platform product in mid-2022.
Forbes. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- Shirley McGreal, Champion of Primates Under Threat, Dies at 87
She exposed smuggling rings and research laboratories
and built a sanctuary for gibbons in South Carolina.
New York Times. Thursday, 13 Jan 2022.
- What is Dolby Cinema? Bringing Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos to the cinema
You know the phrase "seeing is believing"? On a trip to Dolby Laboratories
in the USA, we got to sample first hand exactly what that means in terms of
Pocket Lint. Wednesday, 12 Jan 2022.
- Covid-19: India lab investigated over 298 positive tests on flights from Italy
Officials investigate a laboratory
after 298 passengers on two flights tested positive for Covid.
BBC News. Tuesday, 11 Jan 2022.
- Don't panic about 'Deltacron': Scientists call for caution over reports of new variant
Experts have poured cold water on claims from Cyprus that a new 'Deltacron' Covid variant combining Omicron and Delta has emerged instead saying it is likely a case of laboratory
Daily Mail. Monday, 10 Jan 2022.
- Kazakhstan denies US-funded bio-lab was seized by protesters, as deaths rise to 164 in bloody riots
Kazakh officials have denied that a US-funded laboratory
was compromised, leading to a possible pathogen leak, in protests that have rocked the country and left 160 dead since January 2
Daily Mail. Sunday, 9 Jan 2022.
- Serbia's Back-Door Bid To Embed Chinese Snooping Tools In Kosovo
Kosovo risks becoming a reluctant laboratory
for invasive Chinese surveillance technology at the hands of neighboring Serbia, an "iron-clad" friend to Beijing.
Radio Liberty. Saturday, 8 Jan 2022.
- Top COVID-19 test scientist says there's no reason to stop using rapid tests
Rapid tests may perform differently in a laboratory
with omicron, but they still work, experts say.
ABC News. Thursday, 30 Dec 2021.
- Idexx Laboratories (IDXX) Gains As Market Dips: What You Should Know
(IDXX) closed at $661.32 in the latest trading session, marking a +0.86% move from the prior day.
Zacks. Thursday, 30 Dec 2021.
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Apple, Abbott Laboratories, Infosys, General Motors and NIO
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Apple, Abbott Laboratories, Infosys, General Motors and NIO
Zacks. Thursday, 30 Dec 2021.
- Appeal to identify scientific curiosities of the past
The long-forgotten objects were among hundreds uncovered in a clear-out of historic laboratories
BBC News. Wednesday, 29 Dec 2021.
- Hundreds mistakenly told COVID-19 test result was negative on Christmas Day when they were positive
A major laboratory
in Australia incorrectly told 400 people their coronavirus test result was negative on Christmas Day, when they had actually tested positive for the virus.
Sky News. Sunday, 26 Dec 2021.
- Non-Spike Proteins Contribute To Transmission And Virulence Of Sars-Cov-2
A new report, led by researchers with the Oak Ridge National Laboratory, prompts us to shift our focus towards the entirety of the viral genome, rather than just the S protein.
Forbes. Friday, 17 Dec 2021.
- C.D.C. Virus Tests Were Contaminated and Poorly Designed, Agency Says
An internal review documented two serious flaws in the test kits, which were distributed to public health laboratories
in early 2020.
New York Times. Wednesday, 15 Dec 2021.
- Three doses of Pfizer jab can 'neutralise' Omicron variant, lab test shows
Three shots of the Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine has been shown to generate a neutralising effect against the new Omicron variant in a laboratory
Sky News. Wednesday, 8 Dec 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries