This Japanese news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about Japanese and Japan news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- How a demon slaying film is drawing Japan back to the cinemas
The film is so popular it has broken a box office record held by animated classic Spirited Away.
BBC News. Friday, 30 Oct 2020.
- State Department Says Two Americans Charged With Helping Carlos Ghosn Can Be Extradited To Japan
The men could be sent to Japan
today, according to a court filing requesting a delay.
Forbes. Thursday, 29 Oct 2020.
- Uchimura positive for COVID-19 just a week before key meet
Two-time defending Olympic champion gymnast Kohei Uchimura of Japan
has tested positive for COVID-19.
Fox News. Thursday, 29 Oct 2020.
- Asteroid Ryugu shaken by Hayabusa2's impactor
Hayabusa2 mission members discovered more than 200 boulders, which either newly appeared or moved as a result of the artificial impact crater created by the Japanese
spacecraft's Small Carry-on Impactor. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 29 Oct 2020.
- Japan tops 100,000 coronavirus cases, daily infections creep up
Total confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Japan
exceeded the 100,000 mark on Thursday, public broadcaster NHK said, as the number of daily infections has crept up in recent weeks. ...
Yahoo. Thursday, 29 Oct 2020.
- Toyota recalling 5.84 million vehicles for fuel pump issue
The largest Japanese
automaker said Wednesday it was adding another 1.52 million U.S. vehicles to the recall that was first announced in January and covers numerous models built between July 2017 through September. ...
Yahoo. Wednesday, 28 Oct 2020.
- Trade department's Bake Off claim sparks saucy row over Japan trade deal
The Department for International Trade has been accused of "exaggerations and mis-truths" after being caught up in a row over the price of soy sauce, sparked by an episode of the Great British Bake Off.
Sky News. Wednesday, 28 Oct 2020.
- In Setting 2050 Decarbonization Target, Joe Biden Would Be Joining The World
South Korea today announced a 2050 net zero goal, following similar climate announcements from Japan
and China. The EU and UK have also set this goal.
Forbes. Wednesday, 28 Oct 2020.
- Sony's profits rise as pandemic has people playing games
TOKYO (AP) - Profit at Japanese
electronics and entertainment company Sony Corp. more than doubled in the last quarter on healthy gains in its video game sector, as people stayed home during the pandemic, the company said Wednesday. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 28 Oct 2020.
- Burger King Japan reveals 'Fake Burger' ingredients
Burger King Japan
debuted its new limited-time sandwich late last week.
Fox News. Tuesday, 27 Oct 2020.
- Japanese yen won't strengthen significantly unless there's a 'negative shock,' Nikko Asset Management says
yen is unlikely to see a significant strengthening to 100 against the greenback, barring a "negative shock," according to Nikko Asset Management's John Vail.
CNBC. Tuesday, 27 Oct 2020.
- US And Japan Running Joint Military Exercise In Show Of Force To Nearby China
'The security situation around Japan
has become increasingly severe'
Daily Caller. Monday, 26 Oct 2020.
- Japanese sushi chef finds way to spice up deliveries during pandemic
With his sushi restaurant on the verge of closing amid the coronavirus pandemic, chef Masanori Sugiura was desperate to find ways to keep his business afloat. ...
CBS News. Sunday, 25 Oct 2020.
- Japanese police pause raid so suspects can come out and check their temperatures for coronavirus
Footage shows one officer attempting to saw their way into the headquarters of Chukakuha, a leftist group located in the Edogawa district of Tokyo.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 24 Oct 2020.
- $10 billion crypto firm Ripple considers relocating to London over U.S. regulation
Switzerland, Singapore, Japan
and the United Arab Emirates are also under consideration for Ripple's potential move abroad.
CNBC. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
Japanese Restaurants News Headlines and News Summaries