This Japanese news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about Japanese and Japan news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Japan's SoftBank ends WeWork tender, remains behind bailout
TOKYO (AP) - Japanese
technology company SoftBank Group Corp. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 2 Apr 2020.
- Why You Need To Try This Aged Japanese Whisky Made From Rice
An aged Japanese
whisky made from rice is a tasty alternative to single malt options.
Forbes. Wednesday, 1 Apr 2020.
- Japan is 'on the brink' as it struggles to contain coronavirus and its medical system could collapse
Japan's health care system could face collapse if a state of emergency is not enacted in the country soon, experts warn. Japan
confirmed 2,362 cases of coronavirus and 67 deaths, as of today.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 1 Apr 2020.
- Japan stocks drop more than 4%; private survey of China's manufacturing activity beats expectations
The Caixin/Markit Manufacturing Purchasing Managers' index for March came in at 50.1, above expectations of a reading of 45.5 by analysts in a Reuters poll. ...
CNBC. Wednesday, 1 Apr 2020.
- Japanese carmakers brace for US sales shock as coronavirus hits consumers
Major automakers are due to report U.S. sales this week, giving investors a better grasp of the damage from coronavirus containment measures, which have shut both dealerships and factories across the country.
CNBC. Wednesday, 1 Apr 2020.
- SpaceX adds NASA and Japanese astronauts to pioneering ISS mission - CNET
After it passes its first crewed test flight, Crew Dragon could regularly carry a crowd of astronauts to the International Space Station.
CNET. Tuesday, 31 Mar 2020.
- Could do better: Japan gently chided by UN climate chief
BERLIN (AP) - The top U.N. climate official on Tuesday chided Japan
over its new plan to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, which environmental campaigners say shows no real ambition to increase existing efforts. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 31 Mar 2020.
- Coronavirus Measures Ramp Up In Japan Following Postponement Of 2020 Tokyo Olympics
has avoided strict coronavirus measures for weeks as much of the world locks down. But with the postponement of the 2020 Olympics and a sudden spike in Tokyo COVID-19 cases, that appears to be changing.
Forbes. Monday, 30 Mar 2020.
- The bizarre competition in Japan that sees exquisite mini gardens built on the back of TRUCKS
Every year green-fingered landscaping fanatics take part in the Kei Truck Garden Contest, which sees them build gardens on the back of 'keitora' vehicles (mini utility trucks) in just a few hours.
Daily Mail. Monday, 30 Mar 2020.
- NKorea Launches Apparent Ballistic Missiles Into Ocean
North Korea fired what appeared to be two short-range ballistic missiles into the ocean off its east coast on Sunday, military officials in South Korea and Japan
said, the latest in an unprecedented flurry of launches this month. ...
Newsmax. Saturday, 28 Mar 2020.
- Tokyo issues stay-at-home order as coronavirus cases surge
is turning to new containment measures after witnessing a surge of new infections. There are now more than 2,000 confirmed cases of the coronavirus, 60 of which were confirmed overnight on Friday. ...
CBS News. Saturday, 28 Mar 2020.
- Amid Pandemic, Artists Invoke Japanese Spirit Said to Protect Against Disease
Illustrators are sharing artwork of Amabie, a spirit first popularized during the Edo period, on social media
Smithsonian. Friday, 27 Mar 2020.
- This Day in History: March 27
withdraws from the League of Nations, "Forrest Gump" wins six Academy Awards and more.
Fox News. Friday, 27 Mar 2020.
- AstraZeneca's Lokelma Gets Approval in Japan for Hyperkalaemia
regulatory body nods to AstraZeneca's (AZN) Lokelma for addressing patients with hyperkalaemia. The company collaborates with Silence Therapeutics for siRNA therapeutics.
Zacks. Thursday, 26 Mar 2020.
- Japan postpones 2020 Summer Olympics to 2021
As the coronavirus pandemic erupts to more than 400,000 cases worldwide, Japan
announced that the Summer Olympics will be pushed to 2021. ...
CBS News. Tuesday, 24 Mar 2020.
Japanese Restaurants News Headlines and News Summaries