This Japanese news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about Japanese and Japan news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Foreign airlines cancel some U.S. flights despite 5G deal
Airlines and Emirates were among the carriers that canceled flights over concerns new 5G service could interfere with some onboard systems.
CNBC. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- Final Finally Releases Its First Pair Of True Wireless Earphones
company final has been creating high-end earphones for half a century. Today it announced its first pair of true wireless earphones that produce audio quality that the company is happy with.
Forbes. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- Biden to meet virtually with Japan's Kishida Fumio Friday
The White House says the meeting will "highlight the strength of the U.S.-Japan alliance."
CBS News. Monday, 17 Jan 2022.
- North Korea launch FOURTH missile in month six days after previous launch prompted full ground stop
North Korea has fired at least one suspected ballistic missile into the sea in its fourth weapons launch this month, officials in South Korea and Japan
Daily Mail. Monday, 17 Jan 2022.
- Scottish Gossip: Kyogo, Celtic, Rangers, St Johnstone, Aberdeen, St Mirren, Watt
Celtic striker expected to miss Japan
games and Rangers match as Scottish Premiership clubs are linked with January moves.
BBC News. Monday, 17 Jan 2022.
- Heinemann Pulls Off Second $500,000+ Sale Of Japanese Yamazaki 55 Whisky
This time the sale was made at Istanbul Airport, setting a new record for the Turkish gateway.
Forbes. Sunday, 16 Jan 2022.
- Biden, new Japanese prime minister to meet virtually Friday
- Get away from shore - US and Japan warn on tsunami
Both countries advise people on the coast to move away from water after waves cross ocean from South Pacific.
BBC News. Saturday, 15 Jan 2022.
- North Korea Launches Missiles For Third Time In A Month
'The U.S. commitment to the defense of the Republic of Korea and Japan
Daily Caller. Friday, 14 Jan 2022.
- Japanese woman gives up her baby after discovering sperm donor lied about his nationality for sex
The woman, 30, has sued the sperm donor after finding out he was Chinese, not Japanese, had not graduated from Kyoto University, and was married, not single as he claimed.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 13 Jan 2022.
- MoneyGram (MGI) Shares Jump 4.5% on Japanese Smiles Deal
MoneyGram International's (MGI) deal with Digital Wallet Corporation to enable Smiles wallet users to leverage MoneyGram's extensive network globally.
Zacks. Wednesday, 12 Jan 2022.
- US & Japan Vow to Strengthen Defense Ties: Stocks to Benefit
China's coercive activities against Japan, North Korea's nuclear activities and Russia's military buildup must have led to strengthening US and Japan
military ties. LMT, RTX and NOC seem poised to benefit.
Zacks. Tuesday, 11 Jan 2022.
- Japan reimposing restrictions as U.S. troops blamed for COVID surge
The American military command has resisted calls from Japanese
officials to lock down bases, but U.S. troops now must follow the same rules as civilians upon entering the country.
CBS News. Friday, 7 Jan 2022.
- McDonald's limits portions of French fries in Japan for another month
customers of McDonald's will have to make do with small portions of fries for another month after further supply chain problems.
Sky News. Friday, 7 Jan 2022.
- Japan and Australia's new defense pact sends a 'strong message' to China, says analyst
The prime ministers of Japan
and Australia met virtually on Thursday, and signed a reciprocal access agreement between the two countries.
CNBC. Friday, 7 Jan 2022.
Japanese Restaurants News Headlines and News Summaries