This Italian news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about Italian and Italy news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- G-7 summit set to end without an agreement for the first time in history
The annual summit brings together the leaders of Britain, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan and the United States.
CNBC. Thursday, 22 Aug 2019.
- Italy's 'unnecessary' political crisis could turn out to be a positive for Rome, analyst says
Markets pay particular attention to Italy's spending, given its public debt pile. This stands at above 130% of its growth rate, one of the highest in the world.
CNBC. Thursday, 22 Aug 2019.
- Shift to more intense rains threatens historic Italian winery
Wine lovers may appreciate a dry white, but a lack of steady rainfall brought on by a changing climate is threatening a centuries old winemaking tradition in Italy, according to an international team of scientists.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 21 Aug 2019.
- Pictured: British woman, 20, who died in a crash in Italy
The 20-year-old, named in Italian
media as Lia Lou Di Massa (pictured), died near Naples in southern Italy
on Tuesday morning when the car her boyfriend was driving hit a wall by the side of the road.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 21 Aug 2019.
- More Turmoil In Italy As Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte Resigns
Italy's prime minister, Giuseppe Conte announced on August 20, that he will resign creating more chaos for Italy
just 17 months after the last election.
Forbes. Wednesday, 21 Aug 2019.
- Sam Cosgrove: Aberdeen say no Lazio contact after Italian report
Aberdeen have had no contact from Lazio regarding Sam Cosgrove, despite a report in Italy
suggesting the Serie A club are interested in the striker.
BBC News. Wednesday, 21 Aug 2019.
- Spanish navy ship to remain ready to take migrants in Italy
MADRID (AP) - Spain's Deputy Prime Minister Carmen Calvo says a navy ship will stay close to an Italian
island in case a group of migrants disembarked there need to be transported to Spain in coming days. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 21 Aug 2019.
- Migrants stranded off Italy rescued after 19 days at sea
Dozens of migrants who were rescued at sea nearly three weeks ago were finally allowed back on land. The rescue ship, named Open Arms, was not embraced by officials in Rome. Holly Williams reports.
CBS News. Wednesday, 21 Aug 2019.
- French couple accused of stealing Italian sand
A couple accused of attempting to take home sand from their Italian
vacation may face prison time. Authorities said the French couple attempted to take 90 pounds of sand from Sardinia's famed beaches. CBS News' Gwen Baumgardner reports.
CBS News. Tuesday, 20 Aug 2019.
- Italy seizes Spanish rescue ship, removes migrants
prosecutor ordered on Tuesday the seizure of the Open Arms migrant ship and the removal of the migrants on board, ending a prolonged stand-off between the Spanish charity and the government in Rome.
CBC News. Tuesday, 20 Aug 2019.
- Open Arms migrant ship: Italy orders vessel's seizure
prosecutor orders the immediate evacuation of the refugees on board, Italian
BBC News. Tuesday, 20 Aug 2019.
- Italy's PM Giuseppe Conte RESIGNS and kicks off talks with rival party leaders
President Sergio Mattarella (left) asked Conte (right) to remain in office to carry out day-to-day government business while the discussions continue.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 20 Aug 2019.
- Italy's Premier Resigns In Fight Within His Coalition Government
In a scathing speech to the Senate, Giuseppe Conte railed against his right-wing coalition partner Matteo Salvini, who wanted to hold a vote of no-confidence against him.
NPR. Tuesday, 20 Aug 2019.
- Migrants jump overboard from rescue ship after being denied port in Italy
The Open Arms ship had nearly 100 migrants on-board for 19 days before people starting jumping overboard to reach land in Italy, which was denying them port.
ABC News. Tuesday, 20 Aug 2019.
- What to expect as Italy's political crisis unfolds
ROME (AP) - Italy's Premier Giuseppe Conte will appear in the Senate on Tuesday to deliver a much anticipated address about the political crisis that has erupted in the middle of the summer break. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 20 Aug 2019.
Italian Restaurants News Headlines and News Summaries