This Iron and Steel news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about iron and steel news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- The speed-painter and the Steelers: How a locker room embraced an artist
The coronavirus wiped out most of Cody Sabol's business, but thanks to the Steelers, he has been working around the clock to deliver artwork to players. "Those guys are the reason why I still have a house."
ESPN. Saturday, 8 Aug 2020.
- Sportscene Predictions: Amy Irons v The Pundits
Amy Irons, from BBC Scotland's The Nine, takes on pundit Chris Iwelumo in this week's Sportscene Predictions.
BBC News. Saturday, 8 Aug 2020.
- Christopher Steele criticises the UK's 'inadequate' response to Russian political interference
Mr Steele said Britain had been too slow and 'wholly inadequate' in deterring and responding to Russian activity, while calling for a unified effort in preventing further attempts at disruption.
Daily Mail. Friday, 7 Aug 2020.
- Christopher Steele: Ex-spy says more must be done to stop Russian interference
Christopher Steele, who compiled the Trump-Russia dossier, says all UK political parties are targets.
BBC News. Friday, 7 Aug 2020.
- Hollywood slammed for censoring films to please CHINA
Movies which the report says have been artistically compromised by the Communist paymasters include Bohemian Rhapsody, Iron
Man III, and the upcoming Top Gun remake.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 6 Aug 2020.
- Steelers' Mike Tomlin on minority hiring in NFL: 'It's comical, although it's not funny'
Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin spoke Thursday about minority hiring in the NFL and what needs to be done to improve the number of minorities in the coaching ranks of the league.
Fox News. Thursday, 6 Aug 2020.
- Iron Mountain (IRM) Surpasses Q2 FFO & Revenue Estimates
Strength in Iron
Mountain's (IRM) core storage business drives its Q2 results. Yet, a decline in revenues from the service segment impacts top-line growth.
Zacks. Thursday, 6 Aug 2020.
- Big Ben: Elbow surgery repaired 3 torn tendons
Ben Roethlisberger said his elbow surgery last year repaired three torn flexor tendons and that he feels "really good" after throwing Monday at Steelers camp.
ESPN. Tuesday, 4 Aug 2020.
- Iron-rich meteorites show record of core crystallization in system's oldest planetesimals
New work uncovers new details about our Solar System's oldest planetary objects, which broke apart in long-ago collisions to form iron-rich meteorites. ...
Science Daily. Monday, 3 Aug 2020.
- ArcelorMittal's (MT) Earnings and Sales Beat Estimates in Q2
ArcelorMittal's (MT) operating performance in Q2 reflects the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on steel
business, which affected demand and steel
Zacks. Monday, 3 Aug 2020.
- Steel And Chemical Companies Are Preparing To Decarbonize, But They Want Governments To Commit
The conventional process for making steel
depends at its heart on a technology developed in the Iron
Age: heating iron
in a way that emits a lot of carbon dioxide.
Forbes. Sunday, 2 Aug 2020.
- East Chicago steel plant announces nearly 900 layoffs, citing decreased demand amid coronavirus pandemic
An Indiana steel
plant is laying off nearly 900 employees due to decreased demand during the COVID-19 pandemic.
ABC News. Sunday, 2 Aug 2020.
- UCLA gymnast Kalyany Steele finds acceptance after coming out as bisexual
When UCLA freshman gymnast Kalyany Steele told teammates in February that she was bisexual, she felt love and acceptance. The same happened when she told the public.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 31 Jul 2020.
- 'Fool's gold' may be valuable after all
In a breakthrough new study, scientists and engineers have electrically transformed the abundant and low-cost non-magnetic material iron
sulfide, also known as 'fool's gold' or pyrite, into a magnetic material.
Science Daily. Thursday, 30 Jul 2020.
- Where to Safely Store Your Gold
A multitude of options, from burying in the backyard to posh steel-lined vaults.
New York Times. Tuesday, 28 Jul 2020.
Iron and Steel News Headlines and News Summaries