This Iron and Steel news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about iron and steel news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Week 3 takeaways, big questions: Ravens' record kick, Chiefs' turnover woes, Steelers' offense sputters again
The Chiefs couldn't overcome early turnovers, the Ravens hit a 66-yard kick, and the Steelers' offense can't get anything going. Here's what to know for every Week 3 game.
ESPN. Sunday, 26 Sep 2021.
- Steve Dench travel exemption Queensland to Scotland to see 'the human swan' daughter Sacha Dench
Sacha Dench, 43, was trying to circumnavigate Britain in a motorised steel
parachute when she crashed in Scotland. Her father Steve, from Queensland, is trying to get a travel exemption.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 26 Sep 2021.
- Steelers rule LB T.J. Watt out against Cincinnati
Pittsburgh Steelers star outside linebacker T.J. Watt won't play against Cincinnati after all.
Fox News. Saturday, 25 Sep 2021.
- Door closes: Steelers' Watt ruled out vs. Bengals
T.J. Watt had expressed hope that he could "leave the door open" to play despite a groin injury, but the Steelers have ruled the linebacker out for Sunday's game against the Bengals.
ESPN. Saturday, 25 Sep 2021.
- House Approves Funding for Israel's Iron Dome
Progressives balked at sending military aid to a country they accuse of human rights abuses, angering centrists and Jewish lawmakers who said the United States must support a crucial ally.
New York Times. Saturday, 25 Sep 2021.
- Electric car owners look on smugly as petrol and diesel drivers battle for fuel
Electric car drivers have flooded social media with hilarious memes mocking petrol and diesel drivers stuck in long queues for fuel, including ironic gifs of petrolhead Jeremy Clarkson's 'smug face'.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 25 Sep 2021.
- GOP Rep. Buck says it's 'beautiful thing' to see Dems 'at each other's throats' over anti-Semitism issue
Buck hopped on the phone for an exclusive interview with Fox News on Friday, where he shared his thoughts on the Democrats nixing Iron
Dome funding from the latest continuing resolution after pressure from progressives.
Fox News. Saturday, 25 Sep 2021.
- Ocasio-Cortez Explains Her Tears, Vote On Iron Dome Funding
'I wept at the complete lack of care for the human beings that are impacted by these decisions'
Daily Caller. Friday, 24 Sep 2021.
- Disney sues former Marvel artists over Iron Man and Spider-Man rights
The estates of former Marvel Comics illustrators involved with characters including Iron
Man and Black Widow had served copyright termination notices to Disney.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 24 Sep 2021.
- Bill Gates invests $ 50 million in agricultural robots
Silicon Valley startup Iron
Ox recently raised $ 50 million in a round led by the tycoon's Breakthrough Energy Ventures.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 24 Sep 2021.
- Global Steel August Production Slips as China Deepens Curbs
production from China tumbled 13.2% year over year to 83.2 Mt in August as Beijing stepped up measures to curb production to clean up the environment.
Zacks. Friday, 24 Sep 2021.
- Sportscene Predictions: Amy Irons v The Pundits
Amy Irons, from BBC Scotland's The Nine, takes on former Scotland goalkeeper Neil Alexander in predicting the outcome of the weekend's Scottish Premiership games.
BBC News. Friday, 24 Sep 2021.
- House approves bill providing $1 billion for Israel's Iron Dome
The funding for the Iron
Dome was stripped from a short-term government spending bill earlier this week because of objections from progressive lawmakers.
CBS News. Thursday, 23 Sep 2021.
- Rashida Tlaib denounces Israel as apartheid state while opposing Iron Dome bill
Rep. Rashida Tlaib called Israel an apartheid state guilty of war crimes in an impassioned speech on the House floor in opposition to a measure to replenish Israel's Iron
Dome missile-defense system. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 23 Sep 2021.
- Construction work starts on new Type 31 warships
The UK defence secretary cuts steel
on the first of five warships to be built at Babcock's facility in Fife.
BBC News. Thursday, 23 Sep 2021.
Iron and Steel News Headlines and News Summaries