This Iron and Steel news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about iron and steel news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Hungry Hound: Cabra shines with bright, fresh Peruvian flavors
Stephanie Izard is one of the city's busiest, high-profile chefs. Not only does she oversee several restaurants in Chicago's West Loop, she's also an "Iron Chef" on TV and does a lot of charity work.
ABC News. Sunday, 26 May 2019.
- Mexico's environment minister resigns for delaying flight
Mexico's minister of the environment presented her resignation to President Andrés Manuel López Obrador on Saturday, the second Cabinet resignation in less than a week, in a dispute of an air flight
ABC News. Saturday, 25 May 2019.
- Connecticut stocks 19 bodies of water with 10,000 catfish
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) - Connecticut environmental officials have finished stocking catfish for the summer fishing season. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 25 May 2019.
- How big is Amazon's carbon footprint? Very, very big
The retailer's super-fast shipping and ubiquitous cloud-computing service have a high environmental cost, activists say
CBS News. Saturday, 25 May 2019.
- Drug-resistant infections: If you can't beat 'em, starve 'em, scientists find
To treat Candida albicans, a common yeast that can cause illness in those with weakened immune systems, researchers limited the fungus' access to iron, an element crucial to the organism's survival.
Science Daily. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Cancer cells are quick-change artists adapting to their environment
New research shows that cancer cells of glioblastomas -- conspicuously aggressive solid brain tumors -- manifest developmental plasticity and their phenotypic characteristics are less constrained than believed.
Science Daily. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Quick Hit: Electro-Harmonix Flatiron Fuzz Review
EHX has a rodent to call its own.
Premier Guitar. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Adapt or Die
The climate cycles that have driven mass extinctions, are shortening and becoming more severe. The species that can adapt to environmental changes survive, while others simply die off. ...
CBS News. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- 'Unique' Iron Age shield discovered in Leicestershire
The British Museum, which will store the shield, described it as a "absolutely phenomenal object".
BBC News. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- The Gendered History of Human Computers
It's ironic that women today must fight for equality in Silicon Valley. After all, their math skills helped launch the digital age
Smithsonian. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Samsung Galaxy Watch Active review: A cheaper, round-faced alternative to the Apple Watch - CNET
Samsung's latest smartwatch may look more bare-bones that the original Galaxy Watch, but it has just as many features to boast, comes at a fraction of the price and has a few kinks to iron out.
CNET. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- A trespass law aimed at protesters challenged in court
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - Environmentalists want a federal court to declare unconstitutional a Louisiana law that stiffened penalties for trespassing around pipelines. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Ship Built With World Trade Center Steel Docks in Manhattan for 31st Annual Fleet Week
Starting Thursday, ship tours of the USS New York will be offered from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Pier 88.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- British Steel insolvency endangers 5,000 jobs
British Steel enters compulsory liquidation, threatening 5,000 jobs directly and 20,000 more indirectly.
BBC News. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- England will ban plastic stirrers, straws and cotton swabs from April 2020
Plastic pollution and its impact on the environment is a big problem worldwide.
CNBC. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
Iron and steel cookware
Related Directory Page(s)
Iron and Steel News Headlines and News Summaries