This Internet news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about internet news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Tricks to make your broadband faster at home - and ones that definitely won't work
We reveal the biggest myths surrounding internet
speeds - but also the things you can do that will actually improve your broadband connection.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 2 Apr 2020.
- Coronavirus pushes SpaceX competitor OneWeb into bankruptcy - CNET
A major player in the satellite internet
world is in limbo thanks to the March meltdown.
CNET. Wednesday, 1 Apr 2020.
- California governor says 'We need more Googles' as company offers free Wi-Fi and Chromebooks to students
As kids are forced to continue school from home amid the coronavirus pandemic, Google is offering to help with internet
CNBC. Wednesday, 1 Apr 2020.
- Working 9 to 5! Internet traffic in the UK has almost DOUBLED in three weeks
Data from Openreach, which owns and operates nearly all of the UK's phone and broadband lines, reveals data consumption has almost doubled in just three weeks.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 1 Apr 2020.
- Why the National Emergency Library Is So Controversial
Archive describes the downloadable collection of more than one million books as a library, but critics call it piracy
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 1 Apr 2020.
- Evidence From The Internet: How The Pandemic Sparks Sports Fans On Twitter
The United States dominated Twitter with 40% of all pandemic-related posts over the past week. Why? Users tweet at least 2X more about COVID-19 if they're sports fans.
Forbes. Wednesday, 1 Apr 2020.
- Dolly Parton to read bedtime stories over the Internet
Country music icon Dolly Parton will read bedtime stories to children over the Internet
as families across America hunker down at home during the coronavirus crisis.
Fox News. Tuesday, 31 Mar 2020.
- Coronavirus: Ocado buys 100,000 test kits for staff
retailer says it would share the kits with the NHS if asked to do so by the government.
BBC News. Tuesday, 31 Mar 2020.
- TELUS Provides Free Internet Services Amid Coronavirus Woes
TELUS (TU) offers free Internet
services to low-income Canadian families as part of its CSR initiative amid the coronavirus crisis.
Zacks. Tuesday, 31 Mar 2020.
- How Barstool Sports Built Its Brand
Erika Nardini, CEO of Barstool Sports, discusses how her experience with the early days of the internet
prepared her to run this fast-growing media brand.
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 31 Mar 2020.
- Deadline for rural broadband internet grants extended
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) - The U.S. Department of Agriculture has extended a deadline for funding requests by rural communities and businesses seeking to improve high-speed broadband internet
Washington Times. Tuesday, 31 Mar 2020.
- New Castle County launches free WiFi hotspots during COVID-19 pandemic
New Castle County announced WiFi hotspots at various locations in the county to help those without internet
access at home. ...
NPR. Monday, 30 Mar 2020.
- Tiny optical cavity could make quantum networks possible
Engineers have shown that atoms in optical cavities could be foundational to the creation of a quantum internet
Science Daily. Monday, 30 Mar 2020.
- Internet Usage Up During Pandemic
All of those kids learning online, and all those parents working from home during the coronavirus pandemic, have combined to put a noticeable strain on major internet
service providers (ISPs).
NBC. Monday, Mar 30 2020.
- Should Colleges Discount Tuition Because Of The Shift To Internet Classes?
The abrupt move to deliver classes by remote instruction is leading to calls for tuition refunds and legitimately so. Teaching a course via teleconferencing is not a replacement for the real thing. ...
Forbes. Monday, 30 Mar 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries