This Internet news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about internet news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Column: That 'infrastructure' fee on some internet bills is just a stealth rate hike
Frontier Communications is quietly charging internet
customers an 'infrastructure surcharge' of $7 to recoup routine business costs.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 11 May 2021.
- What could social media companies do to help prevent tragedies?
posts made by the Florida school shooting suspect put a spotlight on the role social media companies could play in preventing tragedies. ...
CBS News. Tuesday, 11 May 2021.
- Why Bitcoin Could Rocket To A $250,000 Price Within Five Years
The chief investment officer of hedge fund Morgan Creek Capital Management has predicted the bitcoin price could soar to $250,000 within five years, aruging bitcoin "is going to become the base layer protocol for the internet
Forbes. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Super Bowl "Selfie Kid" becomes instant meme
"Selfie Kid" became an instant meme after seeming to ignore Justin Timberlake during the Super Bowl halftime show. Here are some of the internet's theories of what Selfie Kid was doing on his phone.
CBS News. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- First Internet (INBK) Upgraded to Strong Buy: Here's Why
(INBK) has been upgraded to a Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy), reflecting growing optimism about the company's earnings prospects. This might drive the stock higher in the near term.
Zacks. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- We launch campaign to fight online financial fraud
Criminals are using sophisticated internet
investment scams to swindle life-changing sums from victims - leaving many pensioners destitute later in life.
Daily Mail. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Will The Government's New Broadband Subsidies Close The Digital Divide For Older Americans?
Who'll get the discounts aimed at making the internet
more affordable and accessible.
Forbes. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Local elections 2021: Blackburn Conservative candidate Tiger Patel becomes internet sensation
Tiger Patel - the Conservative candidate for the Audley and Queen's Park ward, has amassed tens of thousands of views on his seemingly unintentionally funny campaign videos.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Akamai's (AKAM) Q1 Earnings and Revenues Beat Estimates
Akamai's (AKAM) Q1 results reflect continued growth in internet
traffic and robust adoption of cloud security solutions amid increasing instances of cyber-attacks.
Zacks. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- SpaceX: Over 500,000 orders for Starlink satellite internet service received to date
Elon Musk's SpaceX has received more than 500,000 orders so far for its satellite internet
service Starlink, the company announced Tuesday.
CNBC. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- Canadian 'sign war' captivates the internet
- Canadian sign war captivates the internet
For the past week, businesses in a Canadian town have been embroiled in a war of words via signs.
BBC News. Monday, 3 May 2021.
- Best baby gadgets 2021: Top gear for both parents and little ones
If you consider yourself a modern parent, you're probably interested in decking out your baby's room with gadgets.There are tonnes of internet-connected
Pocket Lint. Monday, 3 May 2021.
- Yahoo sold again in new bid to revive its fortunes
trailblazer is sold as part of a $5bn deal that includes another pioneer, AOL.
BBC News. Monday, 3 May 2021.
- Verizon sells media businesses including Yahoo and AOL to Apollo for $5 billion
The sale signals that Verizon will focus on its internet-provider businesses as rivals continue to explore media.
CNBC. Monday, 3 May 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries