This Internet news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about internet news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Kashmir's communications partially restored, says India
Phone services are slowly being reinstated, but internet
and mobile phone services remain suspended.
BBC News. Saturday, 17 Aug 2019.
- Hilarious photographs capture the pulse-raising moments ahead of some of the most painful accidents
For these unfortunate internet
users from around the world, their alarm at an approaching accident was caught seconds before things went wrong, by photographers with perfect timing.
Daily Mail. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Online Addictions: A Symptom Of The Times
Is the phenomenon of what is called Internet
Addiction Disorder (IAD) a result of our "real life" cultural alienation or is it a product of our internet
Forbes. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- CRTC lowers wholesale broadband rates to boost competition among providers
Canada's telecoms regulator says it has lowered the rates for wholesale broadband access as it looks to increase competition among internet
CBC News. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Inside Buttigieg's "Internet for All" plan
Former Iowa Gov. Tom Vilsack praised Buttigieg and his plan, saying he "understands the importance of rural places and rural people to our country"
CBS News. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- India's Modi Defends Moves In Kashmir As Lockdown Continues
India has split the state into two territories and shut off phone, Internet
and cable TV service in the disputed region since early August.
NPR. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- That Pixel 4 20x zoom photo isn't from the Pixel 4, but is still impressive - CNET
The photo that got the internet
buzzing was taken with a Pixel 3A, but there is still reason to be hyped for the Pixel 4.
CNET. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Here's How That Internet-Famous 'Fish Tube' Works
The cheap, efficient pneumatic tubes may be a good solution for helping salmon and other migratory species move past dams
Smithsonian. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Intelsat to Enhance Central Africa's Network Capabilities
Per the deal with Stratosat Datacom , Intelsat S.A. (I) will provide high-speed broadband services for seamless Internet
and Virtual Private Networking connectivity across the region.
Zacks. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Hong Kong protests: Brand 'witch hunt' takes over Chinese internet
Versace and Swarovski are among the firms caught up in a wave of Chinese cyber-nationalism.
BBC News. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Internet Embraces Sixth-Grader's #ElPasoChallenge To Spread Kindness
If you've purchased a cup of coffee, rented a DVD or even just walked through a door in a public place this month, you may already be familiar with the #ElPasoChallenge.
Forbes. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Video of 'salmon cannon' that shoots fish over a dam at 22mph takes the internet by storm
Video of a cannon created by Whooshh Industries that propels salmon over dams and other impassible water has taken the internet
by storm, prompting jokes about getting in on the ride.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Outlook for Internet Delivery Services Industry Looks Dull
Outlook for Internet
Delivery Services Industry Looks Dull
Zacks. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- 36 hilarious ways technology has changed us for the worse
came along and changed our lives. Smartphones and super slim televisions are now standard the world over. But it wasn't always that way, oh
Pocket Lint. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Mass shootings spark discussions on the dark corners of the internet
Social media is increasingly playing a role in mass shootings around the world and in their aftermath. Many recent attacks have been tied to conversations that are playing out in the dark corners of the internet
CBS News. Thursday, 8 Aug 2019.
News Headlines and News Summaries