This Internet news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about internet news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- The best browser games 2020: Find free fun without needing to pay
Good old browser games - if you haven't dipped your toe into them particularly recently, you might suspect that they're relics from the internet's early
Pocket Lint. Sunday, 25 Oct 2020.
- Apple, Google and a Deal That Controls the Internet
In a landmark antitrust complaint, the Justice Department is targeting a secretive partnership that is worth billions of dollars to both companies.
New York Times. Sunday, 25 Oct 2020.
- 'God was right behind our president!' Internet goes wild for 'MAGA nuns' spotted at Trump rally
President Trump's campaign rally in Circleville, Ohio, on Saturday had his supporters in a frenzy, but it was three nuns wearing MAGA masks who stole the show.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 25 Oct 2020.
- Senior Tory MP: Watchdog should get new powers to stop internet giants strangling smaller rivals
Britain's market watchdogs must be given 'new tools' to prevent Google and other internet
giants doing more harm to the economy and ripping off consumers, a key Government adviser has said.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 24 Oct 2020.
- TripAdvisor CEO says Google uses its 'dominance in internet gatekeeping' against travel sites
TripAdvisor CEO Stephen Kaufer, a longtime critic of Google, told CNBC he welcomes the DOJ's antitrust lawsuit against the tech giant.
CNBC. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- How the Internet Viewed the Presidential Debate
No, the fly did not reappear.
New York Times. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Column: The pandemic makes clear it's time to treat the internet as a utility
Like power and water, the internet
has been shown by the pandemic to be a necessity for households. It's time for it to be regulated as a utility.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Swiss couple names daughter after internet provider to score free Wi-Fi for 18 years
The anonymous Swiss couple, 30 and 35, reportedly at first thought the deal was a joke.
Fox News. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Quest Sprout: 'The most wholesome thing on the internet'
Among the horrors of 2020, one small green hero has emerged to bring brief moments of joy.
BBC News. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- 6 Internet Stocks Set to Beat Estimates in Q3 Earnings Season
Here's a sneak peek into six Internet
stocks, which hold the potential to surpass estimates in third-quarter 2020.
Zacks. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Tori Spelling reveals she was bullied for her looks by 'internet trolls' while on 'Beverly Hills, 90210'
On Monday, the actress spoke out in an Instagram post about how emotionally and mentally damaging it was to experience such distress while still a teenager.
Fox News. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- US 2020 Election Carries High Stakes for Twitter, Facebook
companies roll out new policies on controversial content during presidential campaign.
Voice of America. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- Microsoft partners with SpaceX to connect Azure cloud to Musk's Starlink satellite internet
Microsoft is partnering with SpaceX to connect the tech giant's Azure cloud computing network to the growing Starlink satellite internet
CNBC. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- They give their daughter the name of an Internet company and give her 18 years of free WiFi
The Twifi company announced on Facebook that it would give free internet
to whoever named their baby Twifus (if it was a boy) or Twifia (if it was a girl).
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- 24kGoldn And Iann Dior Reach No. 1 As NAV, Don Toliver And Internet Money Land Their First Top 10 Hit
Two musicians hit No. 1 for the first time while three others break into the top 10 with their initial major smash.
Forbes. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries