This Insurance news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about insurance news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Analysts Estimate Selective Insurance (SIGI) to Report a Decline in Earnings: What to Look Out for
(SIGI) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Zacks. Thursday, 23 Jan 2020.
- Bill would remove waiting periods for children's dentistry
AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) - A proposal in Maine would stop insurance
companies from mandating waiting periods between children's dental treatments. Democratic State Sen. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 22 Jan 2020.
- SCOTUS to Weigh Limiting Birth Control Access on Moral Grounds
The Supreme Court will consider allowing the Trump administration to enforce rules that allow more employers to deny insurance
coverage for contraceptives to women. ...
Newsmax. Friday, 17 Jan 2020.
- Court to look anew at health care law birth control rules
WASHINGTON (AP) - The Supreme Court will consider allowing the Trump administration to enforce rules that allow more employers to deny insurance
coverage for contraceptives to women. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 17 Jan 2020.
- Marsh & McLennan (MMC) Arm Acquires to Boost Its Portfolio
Marsh & McLennan (MMC) purchases the leading brokerage firm Ironwood Insurance
to enrich its portfolio.
Zacks. Friday, 17 Jan 2020.
- Insurance Company Provides Free Fruits & Vegetables To Members With New FarmboxRX Program
Ashley Tyrner hopes to revolutionize healthcare through healthy eating with the FarmboxRX pilot program.
Forbes. Thursday, 16 Jan 2020.
- Man found not criminally responsible for killing wife gets her life insurance
A Nova Scotia judge has ruled a Cape Breton man found not criminally responsible in the 2017 killing of his wife is entitled to her life insurance
CBC News. Thursday, 16 Jan 2020.
- Buffalo Grove couple says low-cost insurance company wouldn't pay claim after driver crashes into fence
A Buffalo Grove couple says a driver plowed into their backyard going right through her fence. That driver had insurance, but they say it was a low-cost company, Unique Insurance, that would not pay out her claim.
ABC News. Thursday, 16 Jan 2020.
- $80M condo complex stuck without insurance in Fort McMurray
An ongoing insurance
crisis in Fort McMurray has taken a new turn, as an $80-million condominium complex has now been denied insurance, leaving the buildings uninsured since Dec. 31, 2019.
CBC News. Wednesday, 15 Jan 2020.
- Women who had botched operations left with no payouts
Dishonest cosmetic surgeon had no medical insurance
to cover patient compensation, says tribunal.
BBC News. Wednesday, 15 Jan 2020.
- Cigna, Oscar partner to offer health benefits to small businesses
Cigna and Oscar will begin providing fully insured health benefits to small companies in select areas beginning in 2020 and will share risk equally under a reinsurance agreement.
Modern Healthcare. Monday, 13 Jan 2020.
- Cigna And Oscar To Launch Health Plans For Small Business
Health insurer Cigna and Oscar Health will launch commercial health insurance
plans for small businesses in certain yet-to-be disclosed U. S. markets.
Forbes. Monday, 13 Jan 2020.
- Donald Trump claims he 'SAVED' health insurance as Mike Bloomberg attacks him in ad blitz
The Bloomberg ad casts the former New York City mayor as a health champion but avoids mentioning his signature anti-tobacco and anti-obesity measures.
Daily Mail. Monday, 13 Jan 2020.
- 90th annual Chicago Boat, RV and Sail Show showcases hundreds of vehicles
The 90th Annual Progressive Insurance
Chicago Boat, RV and Sail Show returned to Chicago on Wednesday through Jan. 12, with new features and events.
ABC News. Saturday, 11 Jan 2020.
- Another harassment lawsuit filed against Insurance Commissioner
Commissioner Trinidad Navarro is facing a second harassment lawsuit. ...
NPR. Friday, 10 Jan 2020.
Insurance News Headlines and News Summaries