This Insurance news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about insurance news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Commentary: We need to make sure new drug cures don't widen income gap for the poor
Drugmakers need to make sure there's equitable access to effective therapies and that the destiny of a child with a debilitating disease doesn't turn on which insurance pool they're born into.
CNBC. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- El Salvador sentences 7 in 'black widows' insurance killings
A court in El Salvador has sentenced seven gang members to up to 30 years in the notorious "black widows" killings
ABC News. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Health insurance inflation hits highest point in 5 years
Health insurance price inflation increased more in April than it has in at least five years, according to a Modern Healthcare analysis of the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics' unadjusted monthly consumer price index data.
Modern Healthcare. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Lloyd's Raises Gulf Insurance Risks After Ship Attacks
Lloyd's of London insurance market on Friday widened its list of areas in and around the Gulf posing "enhanced risk for marine insurers" after attacks on ships off the UAE. ...
Voice of America. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Taiwan's government legalize same-sex marriage in 1st for Asia
Legislature's vote allows same-sex couples full legal marriage rights, including in areas such as taxes, insurance and child custody
CBS News. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Will Washington State's New 'Public Option' Plan Reduce Heath Care Costs?
Washington passed a law this week to create a new kind of public health insurance. It could inspire other states to try such a plan, but consumers might be in for a reality check.
NPR. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Insurer NN Group Q1 core profit surges 50%, beats estimates
Insurer NN Group on Thursday beat expectations with a 50% surge in first-quarter core profit at 468 million euros ($524.6 million), as the performance of its Dutch life insurance business improved.
CNBC. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Abortion bill allows insurance for procedure that doesn't exist
"We just don't have the technology. So I would suggest removing this from your bill, since it's pure science fiction," wrote a doctor
CBS News. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Kemp calls for indicted insurance commissioner to resign
Gov. Brian Kemp is calling for the resignation of Georgia's insurance commissioner after he was indicted on federal charges of wire fraud, mail fraud and money laundering that stem from alleged crimes that preceded his election
ABC News. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- California governor wants to help more buy health insurance
Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom wants California to become the first state to offer subsidies of about $100 a month to help people who earn as much as 600% of the federal poverty level pay for their insurance plans.
Modern Healthcare. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- For-profit dialysis provider charges private insurers 4 times more than government payers
Private insurers covering people receiving treatment for dialysis paid four times more than government insurance programs such as Medicare paid for the same service. ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Tennessee Commerce and Insurance Commissioner resigns
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Tennessee Commerce and Insurance Commissioner Julie Mix McPeak is leaving state government for the private sector. A department news release says her last day will be June 14. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Georgia insurance commissioner indicted on fraud charges
Georgia's insurance commissioner faces charges of wire fraud, mail fraud and money laundering.
Fox News. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- Variable Life Insurance - Panacea or Pariah?
Is variable life insurance a smart multitasking investment, or a high cost, high commission potential tax trap? Get savvy fast with this quick read.
Forbes. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- Persian Gulf Tanker Incident Demonstrates Oil Industry To Be Both Vulnerable And Robust
Attacks on oil shipping could raise prices (and certainly insurance rates), but the damage to the industry and the economy will be limited short of a major outbreak of violence.
Forbes. Monday, 13 May 2019.
Types of insurance - illustrated
Related Directory Page(s)
Insurance News Headlines and News Summaries