This Insurance news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about insurance news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Covid victims being denied life insurance cover
Legal & General and Royal London are both turning away would-be customers who have had signs of the virus in the past four weeks and asking them to reapply in a month.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 14 Jul 2020.
- 5.4 million Americans have lost their health insurance. What to do if you're one of them
Amid one of the worst public health crises in history, a record number of laid-off Americans have lost their health insruance. Here's what you can do to get covered.
CNBC. Tuesday, 14 Jul 2020.
- Here's Why Hold Strategy is Apt for American Financial Stock
American Financial (AFG) is poised well on its robust P&C insurance
portfolio and strong liquidity position.
Zacks. Tuesday, 14 Jul 2020.
- Record 5.4 million Americans have lost their health insurance during the pandemic, study finds
The increase in the number of uninsured U.S. adults is 39 percent higher than the previous record, which stood at 3.9 million losses taking place between 2008 and 2009.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 14 Jul 2020.
- Millions Have Lost Health Insurance in Pandemic-Driven Recession
A new study estimates that more than five million American workers lost their insurance
this spring, a number higher than those in any full year of insurance
New York Times. Tuesday, 14 Jul 2020.
- Liability insurance mandate for police officers under consideration by state leaders
New York State leaders are debating a bill that would require all police officers to get liability insurance
ABC News. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- 6 Health Insurance Stocks Poised to Beat on Earnings in Q2
Health insurers' second-quarter 2020 earnings results are likely to gain from lower healthcare utilization, partly offset by higher costs.
Zacks. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Coronavirus: Can I get travel insurance and what are my travel rights?
As quarantine rules are relaxed, holidays are back on the agenda but will your insurance
BBC News. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Another 1.3 million workers filed for unemployment insurance
Weekly unemployment filings have been in the millions each week since mid-March.
ABC News. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Walmart quietly registers insurance business in its latest move into health care
The big-box retailer has opened primary-care clinics, made health-care acquisitions and spoken about its broader ambitions.
CNBC. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Editorial: What part of birth control does the Supreme Court not think is preventive healthcare?
The Supreme Court's decision to allow almost any company to get out of offering health insurance
for birth control betrays all women.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Woman Says She Was Fired Because Her Children Disrupted Her Work Calls
Drisana Rios of San Diego said in a lawsuit that she lost her job with an insurance
brokerage firm after a supervisor complained that her children were being noisy during meetings.
New York Times. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- 'I feel threatened': Unmasked Florida man's viral Costco outburst cost him his job
"He absolutely does not represent our values and no longer works at our agency," the CEO of Ted Todd Insurance
Yahoo. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Susan Collins-Sara Gideon Maine Senate race takes nasty turn under national spotlight
STANDISH, MAINE — Sen. Susan M. Collins is a Trump toady in the pocket of the insurance
companies, and her likely Democratic opponent, Maine House Speaker Sara Gideon, is a liar who covers for child predators. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- New law would require NYPD officers to obtain liability insurance: report
State lawmakers are churning out more proposed laws to hold cops accountable for misconduct.
Fox News. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
Insurance News Headlines and News Summaries