This Insurance news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about insurance news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Hospitals and patients' attorneys spar over lien practices
Many hospitals do not bill patients' health insurance if they were injured in auto accidents, instead opting to file liens for their full charges. The practice varies widely depending on state law and provider agreements.
Modern Healthcare. Saturday, 25 May 2019.
- China's top banking regulator: Any yuan bears will suffer 'heavy losses'
China's banking and insurance regulator on Saturday said it did not expect a persistent decline in the yuan and warned speculative short sellers they would suffer "heavy losses" if they bet against the currency.
CNBC. Saturday, 25 May 2019.
- Millions of financial records exposed on First American website, report says - CNET
The title insurance company didn't require a password to view the pages, according to security expert Brian Krebs.
CNET. Saturday, 25 May 2019.
- Lawsuit: Flood damage at Noah's Ark attraction in Kentucky
The owners of Kentucky's Noah's ark attraction are taking their insurance company to court over flooding that caused nearly $1 million in property damages
ABC News. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Colorado first state to cap soaring insulin prices
Drug's price has doubled in five years, so state is capping co-payments for diabetics with private insurance at $100 a month
CBS News. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- New Colorado healthcare collective picks health insurance partners
A unique group of employers and individuals called Peak Health Alliance has chosen two health insurers to offer plans for its members: Bright Health and Rocky Mountain Health Plans.
Modern Healthcare. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Michigan Legislature on brink of vote to cut auto premiums
LANSING, Mich. (AP) - Michigan lawmakers are poised to vote on legislation to cut the state's high car insurance premiums following progress in negotiations between Republican leaders and Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Colorado caps insulin cost at $100 a month
DENVER — People with diabetes in Colorado won't have pay more than $100 a month for insulin under a new law. Gov. Jared Polis signed legislation Wednesday that caps insurance co-payments on insulin no matter the type of insulin. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Insurance ETF (KIE) Hits New 52-Week High
This insurance ETF hits a new 52-week high. Are more gains in store for this ETF?
Zacks. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Fed minutes could reveal what officials are really thinking about a possible 'insurance' rate cut
When the Fed releases minutes of its last meeting on Wednesday afternoon, it risks sounding a bit hawkish.
CNBC. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Insurance ETF (IAK) Hits New 52-Week High
This insurance ETF hit a 52-week high on Tuesday. Can it surge higher?
Zacks. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Cardiff woman's purse contents returned after 10 years
A Tesco clubcard and national insurance card were among those posted to Becca Milsom.
BBC News. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- El Salvador sentences 7 in 'black widows' insurance killings
A court in El Salvador has sentenced seven gang members to up to 30 years in the notorious "black widows" killings
ABC News. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Lloyd's Raises Gulf Insurance Risks After Ship Attacks
Lloyd's of London insurance market on Friday widened its list of areas in and around the Gulf posing "enhanced risk for marine insurers" after attacks on ships off the UAE. ...
Voice of America. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Taiwan's government legalize same-sex marriage in 1st for Asia
Legislature's vote allows same-sex couples full legal marriage rights, including in areas such as taxes, insurance and child custody
CBS News. Friday, 17 May 2019.
Types of insurance - illustrated
Related Directory Page(s)
Insurance News Headlines and News Summaries