This Insurance news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about insurance news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- How Much Of Hartford's Revenues Comes From Property & Casualty Insurance: 40%, 60% or 80%?
The Hartford Financial Services Group is an insurance
and financial services company which is one of the largest providers of property & casualty insurance
and life insurance
products in the U.S. ...
Forbes. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- BancorpSouth on Buyout Spree, Gets FDIC Nod for Acquisitions
Federal Deposit Insurance
Corporation gives the green light to BancorpSouth Bank (BXS) for completion of the proposed mergers with Van Alstyne Financial Corporation and Summit Financial Enterprises.
Zacks. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Obamacare exchanges to publish CMS star quality ratings for health plans
The Trump administration in 2020 will being posting quality ratings for insurance
plans on the Affordable Care Act exchanges.
Modern Healthcare. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Centene Expands Existence in Health Insurance Marketplace
Centene (CNC) to increase offerings in the 2020 Health Insurance
Marketplace across 10 U.S. state markets.
Zacks. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Governor JB Pritzker signs law requiring insurance companies to pay for EpiPens for children with severe allergies
Governor JB Pritzker signed a new law requiring insurance
companies to pay for EpiPen injections for severely allergic children.
ABC News. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Insurance worker, 22, was blinded in one eye when microwaved eggs exploded in her face
Bethany Rosser from Redditch felt the skin peeling from her face after cooking eggs in a one-litre jug of water in the microwave for six minutes then setting them down on her worktop.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Drink driver who mugged Alan Barnes banned from driving 20 months
Richard Gatiss, pictured outside North Tyneside Magistrates' Court, received an 18-month community order having admitted drink driving and driving a car without a licence or insurance
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- China's Anbang is said to plan sale of entire $2.4 billion Japanese property portfolio
China's troubled Anbang Insurance
Group has reportedly started a sale of its entire $2.4 billion Japanese property portfolio and previous owner Blackstone Group is bidding.
CNBC. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Domestic terrorism may boost interest in this type of insurance coverage
The chances of a violent event while you're outside are high enough that a new insurance
product has emerged: active shooter coverage.
CNBC. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Mirae Emerges as Lead Bidder for Anbang Hotel Portfolio
South Korea's Mirae Asset Financial Group is emerging as the leading bidder for a portfolio of 15 U.S. luxury hotels being sold by troubled Chinese insurer Anbang Insurance
Group Co., people with knowledge of the matter said. ...
Hsyndicate. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Health Coverage Declines for Those Not on Obamacare
Making coverage less affordable, health insurance
enrollment for people who cannot receive financial help under the Affordable Care Act declined as premium rose, according to The Hill.
Newsmax. Monday, 12 Aug 2019.
- Rep. Chip Roy: Single-Payer Health Care Is A Pipe Dream That Looks More Like A Nightmare
Americans should receive their care from doctors, not government or insurance
Daily Caller. Monday, 12 Aug 2019.
- Tennessee medical claims firm to add office with 200 jobs
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - A Tennessee company that processes medical insurance
claims will add another office with 200 new jobs over the next five years. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 12 Aug 2019.
- Ontario man says life insurance application denied due to anxiety disorder
A man in Elmira, Ont., says his application for life insurance
was denied by Sun Life Financial on the basis of his generalized anxiety disorder.
CBC News. Monday, 12 Aug 2019.
- Chiropractors edge out masseuses for worst driving records
If you had to choose a ride from a chiropractor or a masseuse, which is the better driver? An analysis of car insurance
applications, says neither occupation is winning any driving awards.
Modern Healthcare. Saturday, 10 Aug 2019.
Insurance News Headlines and News Summaries