This Inspection news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about inspection and inspecting news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Walsall primary school wins 'landmark ruling' over academy order
The education secretary imposed the order after an inspection
rated Yew Tree Primary as inadequate.
BBC News. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- UK inspectors find book calling for gays to be executed in Islamic boarding school's library
A Muslim boarding school in the United Kingdom failed a government inspection
after a book calling for gay people to be killed was found in its library.
Fox News. Wednesday, 21 Jul 2021.
- Race to save a collection of priceless literary treasures is on
Honresfield Library is a famous private literary collection amassed by northern industrialists in the 19th century and obsessively shielded from public and academic inspection
Daily Mail. Sunday, 18 Jul 2021.
- FAA mandates inspections of Boeing 737 switches that could pose safety risk
FAA mandates inspections of Boeing 737 switches that could pose safety risk.
ABC News. Friday, 16 Jul 2021.
- Report shows collapsed Miami condo pool deck raised concerns TWENTY FIVE YEARS ago
report from 1996 found 500ft of cracks in the pool deck above the garage at Champlain Tower South, in Surfside.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021.
- Ever Given container ship finally leaves Egyptian waters 112 days after blocking Suez Canal
The Ever Given container ship that had blocked the Suez Canal in March has finally left Egyptian waters following inspections at Port Said.
Sky News. Tuesday, 13 Jul 2021.
- Toll in Florida Collapse Reaches 86 as Inspection Closes Courthouse
Officials say 43 people are missing and 62 people have been identified in Surfside.
Voice of America. Saturday, 10 Jul 2021.
- Lax Enforcement Let South Florida Towers Skirt Inspections for Years
The collapse of Champlain Towers South has prompted a review of hundreds of older high-rises. Some buildings ignored or delayed action on serious maintenance issues.
New York Times. Wednesday, 7 Jul 2021.
- 300+ Residents Of North Miami Beach Condo Evacuated After Structure Deemed Unsafe
A condo building in North Miami Beach has been closed and residents are being evacuated after an audit and inspection
outlined unsafe conditions.
CNBC. Saturday, 3 Jul 2021.
- Goldman (GS) Nabs Lloyd's Assurance & Inspection Services Arm
Goldman (GS) increases its investment in the business assurance sector by the acquisition of Lloyd's Business Assurance and Inspection
Zacks. Thursday, 1 Jul 2021.
- Data should inform Police Scotland planning says watchdog
finds improvements are needed in light of COP26 and continued policing of Covid restrictions.
BBC News. Tuesday, 29 Jun 2021.
- Miami building's concrete deterioration was 'accelerating,' April condo board letter reads
Miami condo collapse: The Champlain South Towers' damage got worse since an inspection
in 2018. The Miami-Dade condo president was aware of deterioration.
Fox News. Tuesday, 29 Jun 2021.
- Southern Company (SO) Plant Vogtle to Undergo Major Inspection
The special inspection
at Southern Company's (SO) Plant Vogtle will determine the cause of the additional remediation work for the electrical cable raceway system at Vogtle Unit 3.
Zacks. Friday, 25 Jun 2021.
- MLB threatens pitchers with 10-game bans for doctoring balls
The commissioner's office said major and minor league umpires will start regular checks of all pitchers, even if opposing managers don't request inspections.
CBS News. Tuesday, 15 Jun 2021.
- Rockton chemical plant had recent, unannounced federal inspection
Just 25 days before the massive chemical fire, inspectors from the U.S. Labor Department's Occupational Health and Safety Administration showed up at Chemtool to investigate a complaint.
ABC News. Tuesday, 15 Jun 2021.
Inspection Services News Headlines and News Summaries