This Information news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about information news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Ghosn says he is aiding those who helped him flee to Lebanon
BEIRUT (AP) - Former Nissan Motor Co. Chairman Carlos Ghosn says he is assisting those who helped him flee from Japan to Lebanon last year but refuses to provide details about the escape, saying such information
would endanger them. ...
Washington Times. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- President Donald Trump commutes ally Roger Stone's prison sentence
Roger Stone, a longtime ally and confidant of President Trump, was convicted of lying to Congress about efforts to get information
on emails stolen by Russian agents from Hillary Clinton's campaign chief.
CNBC. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- Physicians give first comprehensive review of COVID-19's effects outside the lung
Based on their experience treating COVID-19, physicians have assembled critical information
about the coronavirus's effects on organs outside the lungs.
Science Daily. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Leak reveals user information TikTok shares with police, including IP addresses, phone model, more
Newly leaked police documents reveal how the video sharing app TikTok shares information
about its users with law enforcement, including phone numbers and other social media accounts.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- Facebook Said to Consider Banning Political Ads
The social network has been under intense pressure for allowing misinformation and hate speech to spread on its site.
New York Times. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- I-Team: Smartphone Hijacked
The I-Team investigates a phone scam that allows criminals to steal your personal information
and take over your life. Find out how it works and what you can do to protect yourself, Tuesday at 10 p.m.
ABC News. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Facebook Reportedly Considers Political Ad Ban For 2020 Election
Advertisements spreading election-related misinformation were a major issue in 2016.
Forbes. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Security video and 911 call provide new information in search for "Glee" actress Naya Rivera
Actress Naya Rivera, best known for her role on the TV series "Glee," went missing Wednesday while she was boating with her 4-year-old son on a Southern California lake. ...
CBS News. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Column: Facebook fails to control hate speech. Will an advertiser boycott change anything?
It's long past time for Facebook to take complaints about hate speech and misinformation as more than occasions for navel-gazing.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- In a Death, Details of More Russian Murder-for-Hire Plots
A Chechen man shot near Vienna last weekend had spoken publicly of giving Austrian and Ukrainian authorities information
about contract killings. He also said there was a price on his head.
New York Times. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Sony's PS5 game boxes get a fresh look to match the new console
When you're excited about an upcoming device, including something like Sony's PS5, even the smallest new pieces of information
are exciting. For instance,
Pocket Lint. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Trump taxes: Supreme Court says New York prosecutors can see records
However, the court rules that this information
does not have to be shared with Congress.
BBC News. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Fair justice systems need open data access
Researchers are developing an A.I. platform that provides users with access to the information
and insights hidden inside federal court records, regardless of their data and analytic skills.
Science Daily. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Should real estate agents disclose if their clients have COVID-19?
The National Association of Realtors and brokers advise agents to have conversations with clients but to refrain from disclosing medical information
without prior approval.
Inman. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Family of couple whose bodies were found stuffed in a suitcase offer reward for information
The human remains that were found inside a bag by TikTok users in Seattle last month have been identified as belonging to Jessica Lewis, 35 (right), and her boyfriend, Austin 'Cash' Wenner, 27 (left).
Daily Mail. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
Information Technology News Headlines and News Summaries