This Information news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about information news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Doctors fear 'fake news' is causing South Asian people to reject Covid vaccine
Dr Harpreet Sood, who is working on an NHS anti-disinformation campaign, said language and cultural boundaries are partly responsible for the false material spread via social media and WhatsApp.
Daily Mail. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- Covid: Fake news 'causing UK South Asians to reject jab'
The NHS fears some communities are being targeted with misinformation, a leading doctor says.
BBC News. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- Scientists Write 'Hello World' in Bacterial DNA With Electricity and CRISPR
The new system shows that it's possible to encode information
directly into bacteria
Smithsonian. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- Wikipedia - 20 Years Of Helping People Around The World Find Information
Before the World Wide Web existed, there were encyclopedias for kids, students, teachers, parents and pretty much anyone looking for information
. Now there is Wikipedia, who just turned 20 years old.
Forbes. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- Trump permanently banned from using Snapchat
Social media app cites the president's "attempts to spread misinformation, hate speech and incite violence."
CBS News. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- New state of matter in one-dimensional quantum gas
By adding some magnetic flair to an exotic quantum experiment, physicists produced an ultra-stable one-dimensional quantum gas with never-before-seen 'scar' states - a feature that could someday be useful for securing quantum information
Science Daily. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- WhatsApp Controversy Shows Just How Much Privacy Matters To Customers
The mass exodus from WhatsApp and the frenzy the new policy has caused show just how much consumers value privacy. They want to be in control of who has their information
and what parts of their information
Forbes. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- FTC reaches settlement with Flo over claims it shared health info of millions with Facebook, Google
Flo Health Inc came to an agreement with the FTC on Wednesday which sees the company avoid any fines despite evidence suggesting it shared the health information
of millions with Facebook.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- Covid in Scotland: Vaccine plan removed from Scottish government website
The Scottish government temporarily deletes the document over concerns it contained sensitive information
BBC News. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- Doing business with Apple means you probably can't tell anyone about it, as Hyundai learned
People who work with Apple say the iPhone maker takes confidential information
more seriously than competitors.
CNBC. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- Best weather radios 2021: Receive emergency alerts in severe conditions with these picks
Picking up a top emergency radio can help you in times of severe weather, where power may have gone down and you still need access to information
Pocket Lint. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- Volt Information Sciences (VOLT) Tops Q4 Earnings and Revenue Estimates
(VOLT) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 1000.00% and 2.71%, respectively, for the quarter ended October 2020. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Zacks. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
- Uber and Moderna seek alliance to facilitate vaccination against the coronavirus
The private transport app would offer information
about the immunizing drug and help to schedule trips to go to the vaccine application appointments.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
- Pivotal discovery in quantum and classical information processing
Researchers have achieved, for the first time, electronically adjustable interactions between microwaves and a phenomenon in certain magnetic materials called spin waves. ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
- Americans trust CEOs more than government, survey finds
The world is dealing with "an infodemic," said CEO Richard Edelman. "We don't trust the sources of information
CBS News. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
Information Technology News Headlines and News Summaries