This Industrial news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about industrial news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Does An Inverted Yield Curve Always Predict A Recession?
An anomaly in the bond market spooked the stock markets resulting in the biggest drop in the Dow Jones Industrial
Average this year. Is this an omen or an opportunity?
Forbes. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Fluor JV Wins $263M NCDOT Contract for Vital I-26 Expansion
The JV between Fluor (FLR) and United Infrastructure Group has been selected by NCDOT for a project, which will boost the Mining, Industrial, Infrastructure & Power business division of the former.
Zacks. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Cars set on fire at Renfrew industrial site
The blaze spread from the cars to the roof of an adjacent building at a site in Renfrew.
BBC News. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Applied Industrial (AIT) Lags Q4 Earnings & Sales Estimates
Applied Industrial's (AIT) fourth-quarter fiscal 2019 earnings and sales lag respective estimates. End-market challenges adversely impact fourth-quarter sales as well as fiscal 2020 projection.
Zacks. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- The rise and fall of GE: How industrial titan grew from Thomas Edison's lab
The company's story dates back to April 24, 1889, when famed inventor Thomas Edison consolidated his various business holdings into Edison General Electric Company.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- 8/14/19: CBSN Evening News
Dow Jones Industrial
Average dips 800 points; Plastic pollution reaches far and wide.
CBS News. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Dow drops 600 points as roller coaster in markets continues
Global economy data apparently triggered drop in Dow Jones Industrial
ABC News. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- The child smokers of America's industrial boom
Lewis Hine travelled the length and breadth of America, photographing the world-hardened children who worked and smoked through America's early 1900s.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- The economy is not falling into a recession, but the slowdown stocks are working, Cramer says
"The day-to-day action is going to favor the slowdown stocks and wreak havoc for the industrials, the technology stocks, and worst of all the financials," Jim Cramer says.
CNBC. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Dow Slumps Nearly 400 Points as Trade War Anxiety Lingers
Stocks fell sharply on Wall Street Monday, knocking nearly 400 points off the Dow Jones Industrial
Average.The benchmark S&P 500 had its worst day in a week as the sell-off put the market deeper into the red for August. ...
Newsmax. Monday, 12 Aug 2019.
- Can Entrepreneurship Breathe New Life Into Post-Industrial Towns?
Post-industrial towns and communities continue to struggle reinventing themselves for the modern world, with decades of policies designed to encourage entrepreneurship failing to revitalize communities. ...
Forbes. Monday, 12 Aug 2019.
- Strike backed by Ryanair pilots based in Ireland
action was voted for by union members ,who say they are in frustrated about pay talks.
BBC News. Friday, 9 Aug 2019.
- Cramer: US consumers are saving the economy and keeping bond yields from going negative
"If we were two-thirds industrial
and one-third consumer, then we would have negative yields," says CNBC's Jim Cramer.
CNBC. Thursday, 8 Aug 2019.
- German production drops in June in latest sign of weakness
BERLIN (AP) - German industrial
production dropped significantly for the second time in three months in June, the latest sign of weakness from Europe's biggest economy. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 7 Aug 2019.
- Industrial fishing behind plummeting shark numbers
A team of researchers has discovered that sharks are much rarer in habitats nearer large human populations and fish markets. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 6 Aug 2019.
News Headlines and News Summaries