This Importing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about importing and importer news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- After 13 tons of human hair products seized, US warns about imports from Xinjiang
After 13 tons of human hair products seized, US warns companies about importing
from Xinjiang, China.
ABC News. Saturday, 4 Jul 2020.
- US Officials, Suspecting Forced Labor, Seize Shipment of Chinese Hair Goods
Importers of detained shipments must prove merchandise was not produced with forced labor or export it elsewhere, Customs and Border Protection says.
Voice of America. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- Special Report: How China got shipments of Venezuelan oil despite U.S. sanctions
Last year, China replaced the United States as the No. 1 importer
of oil from Venezuela, yet another front in the heated rivalry between Washington and Beijing. ...
Yahoo. Friday, 12 Jun 2020.
- Chinese smartphone brands in India turn to expensive imports as plants struggle: sources
China's Xiaomi Corp and Oppo are importing
some smartphone models into India as their local plants struggle to get back to production levels needed to meet demand that built up during lockdown, sources familiar with matter said.
Reuters. Thursday, 11 Jun 2020.
- GRAINS-Soybeans rise on China demand, wheat snaps 3 days of losses
Chicago soybeans rose on Wednesday with prices supported by solid demand from the world's biggest importer
Reuters. Tuesday, 9 Jun 2020.
- Dramatic moment armed police arrest gun runner who tried to smuggle weapons and bullets into the UK
Michael Nicholls was snared by armed officers in Slough for his role in importing
the guns and ammunition from mainland Europe and was yesterday jailed for more than 15 years.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 3 Jun 2020.
- China change rules on iron-ore imports
The new rules appear to make trade easier because mandatory safety checks for every batch have been replaced by optional checks at the request of the importer
Daily Mail. Thursday, 21 May 2020.
- Spain Requiring Arrivals to Quarantine for 2 Weeks
Government wants to prevent importing
cases as domestic situation improves.
Voice of America. Tuesday, 12 May 2020.
- Editorial: Southern California doesn't have decades to figure out water recycling. We need it now
It's time for the Metropolitan Water District's transition from water importer
to recycling champion.
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 11 May 2020.
- Company accused of selling Chinese-made security equipment to U.S. military
A Long Island, New York, company is accused of illegally importing
Chinese-made security equipment and then selling it to the U.S. military. Now seven people are facing charges. Mola Lenghi reports.
CBS News. Friday, 8 May 2020.
- U.S. implicates Honduran president in drug trafficking as it seeks his help on immigration
U.S. prosecutors accused a former commander of the Honduran police of importing
tons of cocaine into the United States on behalf of the country's president, a Trump ally.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 30 Apr 2020.
- Truckers Hauling Food Mean No Nation Is an Island
The situation may get worse as drivers fall ill. British importers are already struggling to find truckers and paying more when they do.
Newsmax. Friday, 3 Apr 2020.
- Indian rug manufacturers, importers adjust amid country lockdown
The country of India is on lockdown as of last week, which means so are many major area rug manufacturers and suppliers. The post Indian rug manufacturers, importers adjust amid country lockdown appeared first on Furniture Today.
Furniture Today. Friday, 3 Apr 2020.
- China Drops To Lowest Rank As U.S. Importer Since 2004, 180 Months Ago
Monthly Chinese imports into the United States in February were the lowest in 129 months, or more than 10 years, according to U. S. Census data released today.
Forbes. Thursday, 2 Apr 2020.
- US planning three-month duty deferral for some apparel?
US apparel and footwear retailers and importers are cautiously optimistic at reports the Trump Administration is planning to stop collecting duties on imports for at least three months to help ease the economic fallout of the coronavirus.
Just Style. Wednesday, 1 Apr 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries