This Importing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about importing and importer news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- China bans British beef again over mad cow disease
Beijing has yet to restart importing
beef from the UK after agreeing in 2018 to lift a previous ban.
BBC News. Monday, 11 Oct 2021.
- Chart-topping rapper jailed for importing cannabis into UK
Rapper Nines has been sentenced to 28 months in prison after importing
28kg of cannabis into the UK from Spain and Poland.
Sky News. Friday, 1 Oct 2021.
- Rapper Nines jailed for importing 28kg of cannabis
The British chart-topper and another man are both sentenced to 28 months in jail.
BBC News. Friday, 1 Oct 2021.
- Philip Morris, Altria banned from importing or selling Iqos tobacco device in the U.S.
The U.S. International Trade Commission ruled that Philip Morris International and Altria must stop sales and imports of the Iqos tobacco device.
CNBC. Thursday, 30 Sep 2021.
- Academic who tried importing child sex doll from China avoids jail
Tech professional Malcolm Young was put on the radar of Northumbria Police when he attempted to import the 3ft2, flat-chested doll, with clothing and accessories, in 2017.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 25 Sep 2021.
- Ministers 'increased risk of importing variants by abandoning testing system for global travel'
Ministers have increased the risk of importing
dangerous new Covid variants to the UK by 'abandoning' the testing system for global travel, SAGE adviser Professor Stephen Reicher claimed.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 19 Sep 2021.
- Beef Giant Brazil Halts Exports to China After Confirming Two Mad Cow Cases
Suspension is effective immediately; China will decide when to begin importing
Voice of America. Saturday, 4 Sep 2021.
- HOOBER: Big News In Ammunition
It means that when Biden's sanctions take effect (in a few weeks) there aren't going to be any new permits issued to importers.
Daily Caller. Saturday, 28 Aug 2021.
- Man Convicted Of Importing Chinese Fentanyl To Make Counterfeit Percocet
The man conspired to create counterfeit Percocet pills from Chinese fentanyl, according to court documents.
Daily Caller. Friday, 9 Jul 2021.
- Head of busiest U.S. port urges companies to pick up their cargo more quickly to ease Covid congestion
"We're asking our importers to pick up the cargo as quickly as they can," Port of Los Angeles Executive Director Gene Seroka told CNBC.
CNBC. Tuesday, 30 Mar 2021.
- How Dover delays are affecting food supply chains
With the UK-France border closed to hauliers for the day, many exporters and importers have faced significant delays getting produce to and from mainland Europe.
Sky News. Monday, 21 Dec 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries