This Importing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about importing and importer news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 3 Audio Video Stocks to Watch in a Challenged Industry
High competition from comparatively low-priced device importers weighs on the Zacks Audio Video Production industry. ...
Zacks. Friday, 23 Sep 2022.
- Germany nationalises gas giant Uniper in $2bn bailout
Berlin agreed to buy the remaining stake owned by Finland's Fortum in the German gas importer
to secure its operations and keep its business going.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 22 Sep 2022.
- Texas Gov. Abbott signs executive order labeling drug cartels terrorists, urges same from Biden admin
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott has signed an executive order classifying Mexican drug cartels as terrorists for importing
fentanyl into the United States.
Fox News. Wednesday, 21 Sep 2022.
- Germany's biggest gas importer Uniper is nationalised after huge losses
The German government has said it will nationalise the country's biggest gas importer, Uniper, as it battles massive losses amid Europe's energy crunch.
Sky News. Wednesday, 21 Sep 2022.
- L.A. clothing importer admits to skirting $6.4 million in customs tariffs
Ghacham Inc., which sold clothes under the Platini brand name, and a company executive have agreed to plead guilty in federal court, prosecutors said.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 21 Sep 2022.
- Janet Yellen warns gas prices could spike again this year as Europe phases out Russian oil
Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen offered Sunday a tepid warning that prices at the pump could rise again by year's end as the European Union stops importing
Washington Times. Monday, 12 Sep 2022.
- German gas giant Uniper says the worst is still to come after Russia halts flows to Europe
Uniper, as Germany's biggest importer
of gas, has been hit hard by vastly reduced gas flows via pipelines from Russia, which have sent prices soaring.
CNBC. Tuesday, 6 Sep 2022.
- The Ultimate Price Of Government Price Controls
In Canada, government price controls have proven deadly. Importing
them stateside with the Inflation Reduction Act will have similar consequences.
Forbes. Monday, 29 Aug 2022.
- USA Trade Tasting 2022: The place to be for best wine and spirits professionals
USATT is an annual wine and spirits trade show held in Chicago, for retailers, sommeliers, bartenders, importers and distributors to network, learn and find new opportunities to grow. ...
ABC News. Thursday, 25 Aug 2022.
- Man caught carrying reptiles in pants pleads guilty to smuggling
A man who crossed the U.S. border with reptiles in his clothing has pleaded guilty to importing
wild animals into the country.
ABC News. Wednesday, 24 Aug 2022.
- Kosovo Energy Company Limits Power To Customers Due To High Import Costs
Kosovo's electricity distribution company KEDS says it will limit the power supply to customers from August 15 due to flagging local production and the high cost of importing
electricity from abroad.
Radio Liberty. Monday, 15 Aug 2022.
- Two Inglewood companies face $1-million fines for smuggling protected live corals from Vietnam
The retailer of live animals and wildlife wholesaler pleaded guilty to illegally importing
live stony corals without proper declarations.
Los Angeles Times. Saturday, 13 Aug 2022.
- MARKET REPORT: Miner Rio Tinto warns is facing headwinds
The firm noted demand from China, its biggest market and a major importer
of raw materials, had 'troughed' in May as lockdowns hit output.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 16 Jul 2022.
- Satellites give clues about the coming global harvest
With wheat at record high prices, importing
countries hoping for increased supply may be disappointed.
BBC News. Thursday, 14 Jul 2022.
- Germany Set to Allow Bailout of Uniper, Its Largest Natural Gas Importer
Berlin and Paris are preparing bailouts as Europe braces for further cuts to gas supplies next week and economists warn of a recession.
New York Times. Wednesday, 6 Jul 2022.
News Headlines and News Summaries