This Importing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about importing and importer news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Brexit Import Rules Begin to Squeeze British Food Importers
For companies depending on fast, small deliveries, the costs of new Brexit trade rules are mounting.
New York Times. Monday, 17 Jan 2022.
- Five Auto Importers Cited For Violating Federal Safety Standards
New penalties against companies for violating federal safety requirements for importing
vehicles into the United States were announced on Monday.
Forbes. Thursday, 23 Dec 2021.
- Mexico says fentanyl and meth seizures have soared since 2019 as cartels ramp up production, import from China
Federal seizures of fentanyl are soaring in Mexico as cartels have begun churning out increased quantities of the deadly synthetic drug while also importing
it from China.
Fox News. Wednesday, 22 Dec 2021.
- British beef and pork producers are sending animal carcasses to EU to be butchered
Nick Allen, chief executive of the British Meat Processors Association, said beef producers were shipping supplies to Ireland by ferry for cutting and packing before re-importing them.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 4 Nov 2021.
- Staff shortages see UK meat carcasses sent to EU for butchering
Beef and pork producers are exporting their meat to Europe and importing
them back again once cut.
BBC News. Wednesday, 3 Nov 2021.
- Kwasi Kwarteng warns UK must end reliance on importing energy
Kwasi Kwarteng has warned the UK must end its reliance on importing
energy as he said the nation needs to move to a 'homegrown' system built on renewables.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 31 Oct 2021.
- American Whiskey Will Flow Back Into The EU Free Of Hefty Tariffs
With President Biden reportedly poised to scale back the trade war over steel and aluminum, producers, importers and retailers are already celebrating the supposed end to a 25% tariff on certain US spirits.
Forbes. Saturday, 30 Oct 2021.
- China bans British beef again over mad cow disease
Beijing has yet to restart importing
beef from the UK after agreeing in 2018 to lift a previous ban.
BBC News. Monday, 11 Oct 2021.
- Chart-topping rapper jailed for importing cannabis into UK
Rapper Nines has been sentenced to 28 months in prison after importing
28kg of cannabis into the UK from Spain and Poland.
Sky News. Friday, 1 Oct 2021.
- Philip Morris, Altria banned from importing or selling Iqos tobacco device in the U.S.
The U.S. International Trade Commission ruled that Philip Morris International and Altria must stop sales and imports of the Iqos tobacco device.
CNBC. Thursday, 30 Sep 2021.
- Beef Giant Brazil Halts Exports to China After Confirming Two Mad Cow Cases
Suspension is effective immediately; China will decide when to begin importing
Voice of America. Saturday, 4 Sep 2021.
- HOOBER: Big News In Ammunition
It means that when Biden's sanctions take effect (in a few weeks) there aren't going to be any new permits issued to importers.
Daily Caller. Saturday, 28 Aug 2021.
- Man Convicted Of Importing Chinese Fentanyl To Make Counterfeit Percocet
The man conspired to create counterfeit Percocet pills from Chinese fentanyl, according to court documents.
Daily Caller. Friday, 9 Jul 2021.
- Head of busiest U.S. port urges companies to pick up their cargo more quickly to ease Covid congestion
"We're asking our importers to pick up the cargo as quickly as they can," Port of Los Angeles Executive Director Gene Seroka told CNBC.
CNBC. Tuesday, 30 Mar 2021.
- How Dover delays are affecting food supply chains
With the UK-France border closed to hauliers for the day, many exporters and importers have faced significant delays getting produce to and from mainland Europe.
Sky News. Monday, 21 Dec 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries