This Importing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about importing and importer news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Cramer says investors will regret selling U.S. stocks on coronavirus spikes in Europe
"I think we're importing
their negativity. I don't think it's necessarily going to last," CNBC's Jim Cramer said on Thursday morning.
CNBC. Thursday, 15 Oct 2020.
- Beijing orders Chinese importers to avoid frozen food from countries with coronavirus outbreaks
'Customs and local governments have repeatedly detected the coronavirus in imported cold chain food, proving it risks contamination,' Beijing officials said on Monday in a statement.
Daily Mail. Monday, 28 Sep 2020.
- Brexit: Gardening trade faces import rule change costs
Charges for health certificates could eat into plant importers' profits after Brexit takes effect.
BBC News. Saturday, 26 Sep 2020.
- Felixstowe container chaos spells crisis for UK importers
Thousands of British businesses which rely on transporting and selling imported goods face a potential crisis as Britain's busiest freight port buckles under the impact of the coronavirus pandemic.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 24 Sep 2020.
- Say No To Importing Foreign Price Controls On Drugs
The U.S. is the engine for pharmaceutical innovation in the world. The administration's proposal would undermine this vibrant industry and make it harder for patients to get the newest and best drugs.
Forbes. Monday, 14 Sep 2020.
- Beer Taxes Set To Jump
The Craft Beverage Modernization and Tax Reform Act lowered alcohol excise tax rates paid by producers and importers on beer, wine and spirits until the end of 2020. ...
Forbes. Thursday, 20 Aug 2020.
- Exclusive: China ramps up U.S. oil purchases ahead of trade deal review - sources
U.S. crude oil shipments to China will rise sharply in coming weeks, U.S. traders and shipbrokers and Chinese importers said, as the world's top economies gear up to review a January deal after a prolonged trade war. ...
Yahoo. Friday, 14 Aug 2020.
- Coronavirus: UK made serious mistake over border policy, say MPs
A Commons committee says ministers were slow to recognise the risk of importing
Covid-19 from Europe.
BBC News. Wednesday, 5 Aug 2020.
- Anthony Terlato, Who Brought Pinot Grigio to the U.S., Dies at 86
In a 60-year career as a wine importer
and marketer, he introduced Americans to lesser-known labels and shaped tastes.
New York Times. Thursday, 23 Jul 2020.
- Petronet renews investment deal with Tellurian: sources
India's top gas importer, Petronet LNG, has renewed its initial deal to consider investing $2.5 billion in U.S. liquefied natural gas (LNG) developer Tellurian Inc's Driftwood project, Indian sources familiar with the matter said. ...
Yahoo. Tuesday, 21 Jul 2020.
- After 13 tons of human hair products seized, US warns about imports from Xinjiang
After 13 tons of human hair products seized, US warns companies about importing
from Xinjiang, China.
ABC News. Saturday, 4 Jul 2020.
- US Officials, Suspecting Forced Labor, Seize Shipment of Chinese Hair Goods
Importers of detained shipments must prove merchandise was not produced with forced labor or export it elsewhere, Customs and Border Protection says.
Voice of America. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- Chinese smartphone brands in India turn to expensive imports as plants struggle: sources
China's Xiaomi Corp and Oppo are importing
some smartphone models into India as their local plants struggle to get back to production levels needed to meet demand that built up during lockdown, sources familiar with matter said.
Reuters. Thursday, 11 Jun 2020.
- GRAINS-Soybeans rise on China demand, wheat snaps 3 days of losses
Chicago soybeans rose on Wednesday with prices supported by solid demand from the world's biggest importer
Reuters. Tuesday, 9 Jun 2020.
- Oil rises for 3rd straight session, on pace for best week since December
Oil prices edged higher on Thursday, as investors hoped the world's biggest producers would cut output more, while they largely shrugged off forecasts of slumping demand due to the coronavirus outbreak in top oil importer
CNBC. Thursday, 13 Feb 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries