This Importing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about importing and importer news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Belarus starts importing oil from Norway after Russian halt
KYIV, Ukraine (AP) - Belarus started importing
oil from Norway Tuesday after its main oil provider -Russia - suspended supplies earlier this month amid stalled talk on further strengthening economic ties between two countries. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 21 Jan 2020.
- Oil posts second straight week of declines as global demand concerns weigh
Oil prices steadied on Friday as sluggish economic growth in China, the world's biggest crude importer, raised concerns over fuel demand and countered optimism from the signing of a China-U.S. trade deal.
CNBC. Friday, 17 Jan 2020.
- At its third January market, Vilo Home sets major product launch
Case goods importer
Vilo Home Inc. ...
Furniture Today. Monday, 13 Jan 2020.
- Man, 38, is charged with trafficking endangered 40lb wild cats from Africa to New York
Christopher Casacci, 38, of Amherst, New York, has been accused of illegally importing
and selling dozens of caracals and servals, wild feline breeds that are native to Africa.
Daily Mail. Monday, 13 Jan 2020.
- Premium cigar makers could catch a break from the FDA as White House applies pressure
Handrolled cigar-makers and importers are facing a May deadline that requires all new tobacco products to obtain regulatory clearance from the FDA. ...
CNBC. Monday, 6 Jan 2020.
- Dundee doctor sentenced for importing controlled drugs
Katy McAllister, who was cleared of culpable homicide in 2017, tried to have drugs delivered to her Dundee home.
BBC News. Friday, 3 Jan 2020.
- Martin Svensson Home entering new category in Vegas
Case goods importer
Martin Svensson Home is launching casual dining at the upcoming Jan. 26-30 Las Vegas Market, another major step in its evolution as a whole home wood furniture resource. ...
Furniture Today. Friday, 27 Dec 2019.
- Importing drugs from Canada won't lower prices in U.S.: experts
White House faces opposition from Canadian government and drugmakers, while many drugs would be excluded
CBS News. Tuesday, 24 Dec 2019.
- Trump proposes rule for importing prescription drugs from Canada
The Trump administration is proposing a rule to allow states to import prescription drugs from Canada, moving forward a plan announced this summer that the president has said will bring cheaper prescription drugs to Americans.
CBC News. Wednesday, 18 Dec 2019.
- White Island volcano: Why New Zealand is importing skin
The number of people with severe burns means doctors are sourcing donor skin from the US.
BBC News. Wednesday, 11 Dec 2019.
- New US bill extends counterfeit protection to design patents
New legislation aimed at curbing a surge in counterfeit footwear shipped into the US has been welcomed by footwear retailers and importers.
Just Style. Friday, 6 Dec 2019.
- Europe Is Burning U.S. Wood As Climate-Friendly Fuel, But Green Groups Protest
In the search for alternatives to coal and gas, some European countries have turned to a very old fuel. They're importing
wood from the United States. Some environmentalists say it makes no sense.
NPR. Wednesday, 4 Dec 2019.
- China Ends Five-Year Ban On U.S. Poultry But Russia Holds Key To Return To Record Years
China ended a five-year ban on importing
chicken from the United States on Thursday, not as a peace offering in the 18-month-old peace war but because its pig population has been decimated by swine fever.
Forbes. Thursday, 14 Nov 2019.
- Reclassifying US fashion footwear could double duties
Plans to reclassify some fashion footwear imported into the United States as athletic footwear would result in a dramatic increase in duty rates - and have been slammed by brands, retailers and importers.
Just Style. Thursday, 14 Nov 2019.
- American Exporters, Not Just Importers, Are Hurting From The Trump Trade Wars
New data shows U.S. companies suffering when trying to do business in an increasingly anti-American atmosphere in China.
Forbes. Wednesday, 6 Nov 2019.
News Headlines and News Summaries