This Importing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about importing and importer news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Trump open to importing low-cost prescription drugs
With the prices for prescription drugs getting more expensive, the Trump administration is taking steps to allow lower-cost prescriptions to be imported from Canada. ...
CBS News. Wednesday, 31 Jul 2019.
- U.S. plans to allow importing prescription drugs from Canada
Canada's health minister says the federal government is in touch with U.S. officials to discuss the Trump administration's plan to allow imports of cheaper prescription drugs from north of the border.
CBC News. Wednesday, 31 Jul 2019.
- Vendors manage source country strengths against potential savings
For furniture importers, the past year or more has been an exercise in managing extreme disruption. The post Vendors manage source country strengths against potential savings appeared first on Furniture Today.
Furniture Today. Sunday, 28 Jul 2019.
- A-level student, 19, is convicted of importing deadly Glock 17 pistol
Kyle Davies's order was intercepted by Homeland Security at Newark Airport in New York, with police arresting the teenager at his home in Gloucester after delivering a dummy package to him.
Daily Mail. Monday, 22 Jul 2019.
- Leather evolution: Natural leathers, evolving colors, transitioning scales are trends at high end
Upper-end leather upholstery manufacturers and importers say the category continues to move away from brown tones toward grays and charcoals on one hand and colors from vibrant to earthen on the other. ...
Furniture Today. Monday, 15 Jul 2019.
- Robert Lockhart jailed for illegally importing handguns and ammunition
Court hears Robert Lockhart, 50, would sit watching Westerns with the guns at his side.
BBC News. Friday, 5 Jul 2019.
- Trade Group: US Makes First-Ever Rice Sale to China
A private importer
in China last week bought U.S. ...
Newsmax. Wednesday, 3 Jul 2019.
- 'Clean' natural gas is actually the new coal, report says: Don Pittis
Natural gas has a reputation as the clean alternative fuel. But a newly released tally of LNG expansion, including in Canada, shows $1.3 trillion US at risk once importers reconsider the costs.
CBC News. Tuesday, 2 Jul 2019.
- US children's wear importer charged with customs fraud
The CEO of a children's apparel company headquartered in Manhattan faces criminal and civil charges over a million-dollar customs fraud.
Just Style. Monday, 24 Jun 2019.
- Canada becomes the first G20 country to ban shark fin trade
The country is the largest importer
of shark fins outside of Asia, bringing in 148,000 kg in 2018.
BBC News. Friday, 21 Jun 2019.
- Russia, China block UN from saying NKorea violated sanctions
U.N. diplomats say Russia and China have blocked the U.N. Security Council committee monitoring sanctions against North Korea from declaring that Pyongyang breached the annual limit for importing
refined petroleum products.
Fox News. Wednesday, 19 Jun 2019.
- North Korea skirting sanctions, according to report sent to UN
The Hermit Kingdom is violating sanctions by importing
more oil than is permitted by the United Nations, according to a report obtained by CBS News
CBS News. Wednesday, 12 Jun 2019.
- Families desperate for cystic fibrosis drug are importing a cheaper version from Argentina
UK families have taken inspiration from the Oscar-winning movie, Dallas Buyers Club, in a bid to help children with cystic fibrosis such as Shiloh Howells, pictured.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 5 Jun 2019.
- Will Trump Be A One-Term President Because Of Mexican Tariffs?
Tariffs are essentially taxes that are paid by U.S.-based importing
companies, which then pass the extra expenses along to the end consumer. ...
Forbes. Monday, 3 Jun 2019.
- The US tariffs on China have been paid almost entirely by US importers: IMF study
U.S. tariffs on Chinese goods are hurting an unintended target as the trade war with China rages, an International Monetary Fund study finds.
CNBC. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
News Headlines and News Summaries