This HVAC news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about hvac news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Coronavirus pandemic fears fuel scams, rip-offs as COVID-19 spreads
From fake stimulus check emails to bogus HVAC
cleaning claims, there are dozens of potential scams and rip-offs using fears about the novel coronavirus outbreak to trick people into giving up their money.
ABC News. Thursday, 26 Mar 2020.
- Watsco (WSO) Q4 Earnings & Sales Lag Estimates, Margins Down
Strong demand for HVAC
equipment helps Watsco (WSO) to post improved fourth-quarter 2019 revenues. However, higher SG&A weighs on the bottom line.
Zacks. Friday, 14 Feb 2020.
- Google Nest HVAC alerts warn you when your system may need fixing
Google is rolling out a new feature to its Nest users that can detect and inform when it spots irregular heating and cooling patterns, as well as which
Pocket Lint. Thursday, 30 Jan 2020.
- Johnson Controls (JCI) to Post Q1 Earnings: What's in Store?
Johnson Controls' (JCI) Q1 performance expected to have benefited from strong growth in HVAC
equipment despite dismal economic growth is Europe and China.
Zacks. Monday, 27 Jan 2020.
- Are students getting enough air?
Roughly 85 percent of recently installed HVAC
systems in K-12 classrooms investigated in California did not provide adequate ventilation, according to a new study.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 5 Nov 2019.
- This New Material Acts Like a Giant Mute Button
The metamaterial silences noise while allowing for airflow, making it a potential soundproofing material for airplanes, HVAC
Smithsonian. Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019.
- Pollution-Absorbing 'Artitecture' Revealed During Milan Design Week
The nearly 20-foot-tall "artitecture" sculpture looks like a drunkenly installed HVAC
ductwork system and consists of large pleated coils of a special pollution-absorbing material.
Newsmax. Friday, 8 Jun 2018.
- Woman Fights Home Warranty Company Over HVAC Unit
Many home warranty companies require you to use their service providers, and have them make the call on whether a service should be repaired or replaced. Photo Credit: NBC 5 News.
NBC. Monday, 4 Jun 2018.
- Swim at your own risk: How botched IoT can sink your precious first-world life
Boo-hoo. A bungled Internet of Things (IoT) update means you can't switch your swimming pool to spa mode. Laugh all you want: When the HVAC
or your home security system fails, the implications are serious.
ZDNet. Thursday, 12 Apr 2018.
News Headlines and News Summaries