This Human Resource news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about human resources from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Adidas HR chief stands down after describing racism as 'noise'
Karen Parkin, 55, global head of human resources
at Adidas AG stood down from her position on Tuesday over comments made during a meeting at the Boston headquarters of Reebok last year.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- George Floyd: Adidas human resources boss quits amid racism row
The announcement comes as pressure grows on global corporations to address racial inequality.
BBC News. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- Adidas HR head resigns as company addresses diversity issues
The head of global human resources
at sports apparel and shoe company Adidas resigned Tuesday following criticism from employees of what they see as the company's failure to diversify its workforce.
Fox News. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- Adidas Executive Resigns as Turmoil at Company Continues
Karen Parkin oversaw human resources
for the sports apparel giant, which has faced criticism from employees who say it fosters a racist and discriminatory workplace.
New York Times. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
- Tesla tells employees they can take an UNPAID day off to observe Juneteenth
Tesla's human resources
department informed employees on Friday morning, saying they had the option to take the day off without pay for the holiday commemorating the end of U.S. slavery.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 20 Jun 2020.
- Startup led by ex-Goldman Sachs HR chief launches diversity and inclusion index
Eskalera, a technology startup led by Goldman Sachs former human resources
head Dane Holmes, has launched an index to measure corporate diversity and inclusiveness, the firm said on Thursday.
Reuters. Thursday, 18 Jun 2020.
- M&S human resources chief leaves after seven months
The executive recruited to transform Marks & Spencer's internal culture has found herself out of a job less than eight months after joining the high street retailer.
Sky News. Wednesday, 27 May 2020.
- McDonald's fires CEO over relationship with employee
McDonald's fired CEO Steve Easterbrook after the company learned he had a consensual relationship with an employee. Now, the head of the company's human resources
department is out as well. Jericka Duncan reports.
CBS News. Wednesday, 20 May 2020.
- How the coronavirus crisis has elevated the role of HR chiefs in the C-suite
The chief human resources
officer is a loud voice in the coronavirus corporate war room. Today CHROs are busy helping CEOs oversee their remote workforces and developing return-to-work plans for when the economy reboots.
CNBC. Wednesday, 22 Apr 2020.
- 4 Steps Managers Can Take To Show Up For Employees During A Crisis
How are some of the managers at the largest firms showing up for employees? In this article, I share insight from Christy Pambianchi, Chief Human Resources
Officer for Verizon, on steps managers can take to show up for their employees.
Forbes. Saturday, 11 Apr 2020.
- Coronavirus Crisis Reshuffles Human Capital Into Essential Sectors
As businesses around the world close to prevent the spread of coronavirus, companies that provide essential goods and services have been stretched thin for human resources. ...
Newsmax. Sunday, 29 Mar 2020.
- Human Resources: Strategies and Solutions for an Industry on the Verge of Crisis
While it is possible that AI and other technical solutions and efficiencies could be part of the labor-shortage solution, great recruiting and retention remains the bread and butter of the most successful hotel management outfits. The ...
Hsyndicate. Thursday, 26 Mar 2020.
- City of Mesquite Offers Free Job Assistance Program
The City of Mesquite's Human Resources
Department is offering a free job assistance program.
NBC. Monday, Feb 24 2020.
- The Society for Human Resources Management Takes On Workplace Culture
Instead of focusing on legal duties and reputational risk, Taylor says employers today should recognize that America is a diverse country with a knowledge-based economy.
Forbes. Friday, 24 Jan 2020.
- UAW-GM deal would dissolve training center involved in federal corruption probe
If GM's union members ratify the proposed deal, training programs and other services currently handled by the UAW-GM Center for Human Resources
would be transferred to a new "Executive Board-Joint Activities."
CNBC. Saturday, 19 Oct 2019.
Human Resources Firms News Headlines and News Summaries