This Hospital news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about hospital and hospitals news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Northwell Health ad campaign urges hospital execs to advocate for gun reform
Northwell Health is launching a national advertising campaign calling on healthcare leaders to become more vocal in advocating for gun legislation.
Modern Healthcare. Thursday, 22 Aug 2019.
- Former VA doctor charged in 3 deaths
The indictment of a former doctor at a veterans hospital
in Arkansas is sending shockwaves through the nation's largest healthcare system. Dr. ...
CBS News. Thursday, 22 Aug 2019.
- West Lane Hospital suspended staff 'still working'
Thirteen workers were suspended over alleged ill-treatment of patients at an "inadequate" hospital
BBC News. Thursday, 22 Aug 2019.
- Friend of slain rapper Nipsey Hussle fatally shot on Brooklyn street
Arsenio Gravesande, 28 (right), was fatally shot in the hip in the Brownsville section of Brooklyn Tuesday night and died in a hospital
a short time later without divulging any information to the cops.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 21 Aug 2019.
- Judge declines to block Florida law limiting doc noncompete contracts
The ruling is a setback for provider organizations, including hospitals, that use noncompetes to protect their networks.
Modern Healthcare. Wednesday, 21 Aug 2019.
- Pomegranate juice could protect brains of babies who are growing too slowly in the womb, study finds
A new study from Brigham and Women's Hospital
has found that pregnant women who drink eight ounces of pomegranate juice could lead to better development of their babies' white matter.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 21 Aug 2019.
- A serious mental disorder in one's youth can have a lasting impact on employment prospects
Mental disorders experienced in adolescence and early adulthood that require hospital
care are connected with low income, poor education and unemployment over the life span of individuals.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 21 Aug 2019.
- Crews begin razing former hospital after reuse efforts fail
LAFAYETTE, Ind. (AP) - Crews have begun demolishing a century-old former hospital
in northern Indiana. An excavator started pulling apart the former St. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 21 Aug 2019.
- West Lane Hospital patients 'at high risk of avoidable harm'
Two patients died in two months at the Middlesbrough centre, which has been rated inadequate.
BBC News. Wednesday, 21 Aug 2019.
- Westlake Hospital employees attend federal hearing on bankruptcy
Dozens of Westlake Hospital
employees came to the Dirksen Federal Building to get the latest on the bankruptcy filed by its owners.
ABC News. Tuesday, 20 Aug 2019.
- Discharge incentives in emergency rooms could lead to higher patient readmission rates
In an effort to address emergency department overcrowding, pay-for-performance (P4P) incentive programs have been implemented in various regions around the world, including hospitals
in Metro Vancouver. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 20 Aug 2019.
- Delhi's Restrictions Turn Srinagar Into Ghost City
Transport, communications, schools, shops and hospitals
in Srinagar remained shut Monday, amid Delhi's clampdown on Kashmir.
Voice of America. Tuesday, 20 Aug 2019.
- Indiana agency OKs cleanup plan for former hospital site
RICHMOND, Ind. (AP) - A cleanup plan has been approved at the site of a demolished hospital
in eastern Indiana. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 20 Aug 2019.
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. breaks silence after fiery plane crash
The ex-NASCAR driver praised the "quick response of my pilots, local law enforcement, emergency personnel and hospital
CBS News. Monday, 19 Aug 2019.
- Man suffered groin blisters, severe burns after leaving hair removal cream on too long
A man in the U.K. has allegedly been in the hospital
for weeks and will remain there for several more after he reportedly left hair removal cream on his groin for a few minutes too long, resulting in gruesome blisters and painful burns.
Fox News. Monday, 19 Aug 2019.
News Headlines and News Summaries