This Hospital news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about hospital and hospitals news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Chicago-area hospital's role in baby-cutting case questioned
A local sheriff's office wants to know if a suburban Chicago hospital violated state law by not immediately reporting that a woman who claimed to be the mother of a newborn had not given birth.
Fox News. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- The hospital helping families with baby loss
As a hospital plans to build a safe haven for those experiencing baby loss, mums tell their stories.
BBC News. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Private plans pay California hospitals more than double the Medicare rate
Private insurers paid California hospitals more than two times as much as Medicare for similar services in 2015 and 2016, according to a study published Monday by West Health Policy Center.
Modern Healthcare. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Minnesota in need of more community paramedics
ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - Department of Health officials say Minnesota needs more community paramedics to assist residents leaving the hospital in managing chronic health conditions at home. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Victor Hugo Hurtado: Bolivian referee dies after collapsing during match
Referee Victor Hugo Hurtado dies in hospital after collapsing on the pitch during a Bolivian league match played at high altitude.
BBC News. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Sedation and controlled paralysis do not improve survival of ICU patients with ARDS
Reversibly paralyzing and heavily sedating hospitalized patients with severe breathing problems do not improve outcomes in most cases, according to a clinical trial conducted at dozens of North American hospitals. ...
Science Daily. Sunday, 19 May 2019.
- South Dakota VA hospitals banning tobacco use
RAPID CITY, S.D. (AP) - The Department of Veterans Affairs is increasing the push for veterans to kick the habit by banning tobacco use at VA health care facilities nationwide. ...
Washington Times. Sunday, 19 May 2019.
- Illinois not alerted to early clues in womb-cutting case
Illinois' child welfare agency says it took 2 weeks for hospital to alert them.
ABC News. Sunday, 19 May 2019.
- Fire: Three Children Burned After Gas Can Explodes
Three children were transported to the hospital with burns after an explosion Friday night.
NBC. Saturday, 18 May 2019.
- Q&A: 'We're working right now on a patient's financial bill of rights'
Patients at University Hospitals in Cleveland will soon have a clearer understanding of how and why they are being billed for a service.
Modern Healthcare. Saturday, 18 May 2019.
- Hospital Holds Bedside Wedding for Cancer Patient
Medical City Arlington hosted a bedside wedding for a cancer patient on Friday, May 17. Photo Credit: Medical City Arlington.
NBC. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Hospital staff find themselves on the front lines of war on human trafficking
Delaware hospitals are joining forces to combat human trafficking.
Fox News. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- VA hospital evacuated due to 'unknown chemical odor' that wa urine sample dropped off by a veteran
The behavioral health center at the Hampton VA Medical Center in Virginia was evacuated on Wednesday due to a 'pungent' smell that turned out to be coming from a urine sample.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- 'Basically rotting alive': Family shocked by massive bedsore threatening man's life
For months, a bedsore silently formed on Bob Wilson's backside while he lay in a hospital bed in Burlington, Ont. Now the hospital has apologized and is investigating, but his family remains horrified and racked with guilt.
CBC News. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Jimmy Carter plans to teach Sunday school days after breaking his hip
The 94-year-old former president was released from the hospital on Thursday
CBS News. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
Modern hospital building
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries