This Hospice news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about hospices from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Kathleen Blanco, Louisiana's governor during Katrina, dies
After struggling for years with cancer, Kathleen Blanco died Sunday in hospice
care in Lafayette. She was 76.
ABC News. Sunday, 18 Aug 2019.
- Ban on baking cakes at home unless their kitchens are approved health inspectors lifted
A controversial ban on Women Institute (WI) members baking cakes for a hospice
in Leicestershire over health and safety rules has been lifted by the council.
Daily Mail. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Penn golf pro running 31 marathons for Acorns hospice
James Wright is raising money for a children's hospice
at risk of closure in Walsall.
BBC News. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Ed Sheeran donates 300 possessions to local hospice
Ed Sheeran has quietly donated 300 items of his wardrobe to a tiny charity in his hometown in Suffolk. The British singer has donated a strange plethora of items including Ukulele's and trainers.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- LHC Group (LHCG) Q2 Earnings Beat Estimates, Revenues Miss
LHC Group (LHCG) second-quarter results benefit from home health and hospice
admissions and higher revenues.
Zacks. Thursday, 8 Aug 2019.
- Kiefer Sutherland performs surprise show at Hampshire children's hospice
The charity had appealed for actor Kiefer Sutherland to join them for "tea, cake and a jam".
BBC News. Tuesday, 6 Aug 2019.
- Amedisys (AMED) Q2 Earnings Top Estimates, Margins Decline
Robust year-over-year growth in Medicare and non-Medicare revenues aids Amedisys' (AMED) Home Health and Hospice
Zacks. Thursday, 1 Aug 2019.
- Hospices to score $520 million Medicare pay increase
will see a smaller pay hike in fiscal 2020 than anticipated, after the CMS finalized a 2.6%, or $520 million, raise for the providers.
Modern Healthcare. Thursday, 1 Aug 2019.
- Valerie Harper's Brave Last Days: Doctors Recommend Hospice Care
Actress Valerie Harper has been battling brain cancer for several years and is now facing her brave last days as doctors are recommending that she be put in hospice
Newsmax. Wednesday, 24 Jul 2019.
- 90-year-old woman in hospice care receives dying wish: ice cream
Norma asks for ice cream every night before bed. Since she can't go get it, her family had the sweet treat come to her
CBS News. Monday, 22 Jul 2019.
- Ice cream truck makes special delivery for 90-year-old in hospice care
90-year-old Norma Pearlman, who is in hospice
care, had one last wish: to go to an ice cream store. She couldn't leave her home, so her family had the ice cream shop come to her.
CBS News. Monday, 22 Jul 2019.
- Texas woman who baked cookies for troops enters hospice, family says
The family is asking for prayers.
Fox News. Wednesday, 17 Jul 2019.
- Most hospices violated Medicare safety requirements over 5-year period
HHS' Office of Inspector General found that 87% of 4,563 hospices
were cited for at least one deficiency for Medicare participation from 2012 through 2016.
Modern Healthcare. Tuesday, 9 Jul 2019.
- 87% of US hospices surveyed had deficiencies, inspector general says
Reports indicate big problems with America's hospice
system. The OIG released two reports that uncovered alarming trends in hospice
ABC News. Tuesday, 9 Jul 2019.
- HHS Inspector General Finds Serious Flaws In 20% Of U.S. Hospice Programs
Two new reports from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services have found widespread problems in hospice
care and say the government needs to open its scorecards on hospice
care to the public.
NPR. Tuesday, 9 Jul 2019.
Hospice Services News Headlines and News Summaries