This Hospice news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about hospices from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- New children's palliative care service for the East launched
It will be run by Cambridge University Hospitals in partnership with several hospices
in the region.
BBC News. Tuesday, 27 Sep 2022.
- Indiana police officer shot in head moved to hospice
Richmond police Officer Seara Burton, 28, was transferred to a hospice
facility after being shot during a traffic stop.
ABC News. Monday, 5 Sep 2022.
- Legendary Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Len Dawson dies at 87 in hospice
Len Dawson, the Hall of Fame quarterback who helped establish the American Football League as a rival to the NFL while leading the Kansas City Chiefs to a Super Bowl IV victory, has died at 87.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 24 Aug 2022.
- Teesside Hospice sunflower display ended after vandal attacks
The month-long event ends early after almost 50 of the handmade flowers are stolen or damaged.
BBC News. Wednesday, 17 Aug 2022.
- Humana (HUM) Closes $2.8B Kindred Hospice Divestment to CD&R
Humana (HUM) retaining the remaining 40% stake will likely enable it to gain from the standalone company's long-term success.
Zacks. Monday, 15 Aug 2022.
- Software entrepreneur Robert Brockman dies of dementia aged 81 dies while fighting tax case
Brockman's attorney, Kathy Keneally, said that the billionaire was suffering from dementia and living at home in hospice
care when he died Friday night.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 6 Aug 2022.
- Mother of Archie Battersbee says hospital to end care
British courts Friday rejected the family's request to move the 12-year-old, who has been in a coma for four months, to a hospice.
CBS News. Saturday, 6 Aug 2022.
- Archie's parents lose bid to challenge court ruling that denied move from hospital to hospice
Archie Battersbee's parents have been refused permission to appeal against the High Court's decision which denied them the right to have him moved from hospital to a hospice.
Sky News. Friday, 5 Aug 2022.
- LHC Group (LHCG) Q2 Earnings & Revenues Miss Estimates
LHC Group's (LHCG) second-quarter results benefit from organic growth in hospice
admissions. However, home health admissions decline organically.
Zacks. Friday, 5 Aug 2022.
- Archie Battersbee cannot be moved to hospice to die, High Court rules
Archie Battersbee cannot be moved from hospital to a hospice, the High Court has ruled, denying an application from his family.
Sky News. Friday, 5 Aug 2022.
- Column: He was homeless and in hospice. His recovery is a lesson in what it takes to save a life
Orphaned, homeless, near death and now thriving. Here's what it took to rescue Sean Sauceda.
Los Angeles Times. Saturday, 16 Jul 2022.
Hospice Services News Headlines and News Summaries