This Hospice news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about hospices from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Boy with terminal cancer named Dallas police chief for a day
14-year-old Ayodeji Adekilekun is in hospice
care and is unable to speak. Doctors say his battle with brain cancer is almost over. To lift his spirits, Dallas Police Chief U. ...
CBS News. Sunday, 9 May 2021.
- Drug smuggler George Jung who inspired Johnny Depp's blow dies aged 78
George Jung, the notorious cocaine smuggler, died at his home in Boston on Wednesday morning where he was receiving hospice
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- Amedisys (AMED) Q1 Earnings Beat Estimates, 2021 View Up
Amedisys' (AMED) first-quarter 2021 revenues improves year over year on solid growth in the Home Health and Hospice
Zacks. Thursday, 29 Apr 2021.
- Myton Hospice opens Warwick drive-through charity donation site
in Warwickshire expects the site to ease pressure on its charity shops.
BBC News. Saturday, 24 Apr 2021.
- Ex-Bucs, Noles LB Hayes, 33, in hospice care
Former linebacker Geno Hayes, who played in the NFL for the Buccaneers and two other teams, is in hospice
ESPN. Thursday, 22 Apr 2021.
- Former Hospice Manager Sentenced For Fraud Scheme To Persuade Patients They Would Die In 6 Months
'One of the largest criminal hospice
fraud cases tried to a jury'
Daily Caller. Thursday, 22 Apr 2021.
- Amedisys (AMED) to Report Q1 Earnings: What's in Store?
Growth in Home Health and Hospice
along with recent innovation and acquisitions is expected to have contributed to Amedisys (AMED) top-line growth in Q1.
Zacks. Wednesday, 21 Apr 2021.
- Police: Fake nurse cared for Bobbi Kristina Brown
A woman is facing charges for impersonating a nurse at the hospice
facility where Whitney Houston's daughter spent her final days. Police say the suspect has been caught for this same crime before. ...
CBS News. Saturday, 10 Apr 2021.
- Doctor warns patients with serious illnesses are avoiding going to the hospital due to fear of COVID
Dr Joseph Alpert a professor of medicine at the University of Arizona Sarver Heart Center, wrote that, last year, one-third of non-COVID patients were being consulted about hospice
Daily Mail. Thursday, 25 Mar 2021.
- Married 66 years, husband, wife die minutes apart of COVID-19
Bill and Esther Ilnisky were married for nearly seven decades. The two died minutes apart of COVID-19 this month at a hospice
ABC News. Monday, 22 Mar 2021.
- Coronavirus: 'I isolated with mum for her last 14 days'
A daughter's story of how she moved into a Marie Curie hospice
with her mother during the pandemic.
BBC News. Sunday, 21 Mar 2021.
- Entrepreneur Franchise of the Day: Interim Healthcare
Interim Healthcare describes itself as 'the leading home care, hospice
and medical staffing company.'
Entrepreneur. Saturday, 6 Mar 2021.
- How Barbara Pearce Led The Turnaround To Save Connecticut Hospice
When Barbara Pearce took over as CEO of Connecticut Hospice
at the end of January 2019, the situation was bleak. Now the historic institution is thriving, even admist the huge challenges caused by Covid-19.
Forbes. Friday, 26 Feb 2021.
- Congress approves hospice care reforms to improve oversight, transparency
Fines and other penalties are set for bad actors in an industry marked by weak regulation.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 23 Dec 2020.
- Texas Owner Jailed For Packing Hospices With Patients Who Were Lied To That They Were About To Die
Prosecutors said the healthcare group lied to vulnerable patients about the time they had left to live to turn a profit.
Forbes. Thursday, 17 Dec 2020.
Hospice Services News Headlines and News Summaries