This Hospice news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about hospices from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Prince William and Kate Middleton speak to frontline workers about bereavement support
Prince William and Kate Middleton heard about the mental health support provided for frontline workers during the pandemic by Hospice
UK's Just 'B' counselling and bereavement support line.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 16 Jan 2021.
- Boy in tent hospice fundraiser gets soldier's sleeping bag
A mother whose son died in service donates his sleeping bag to a boy camping outside for charity.
BBC News. Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021.
- One nurse works in hospice, another in trauma. Both use music and poetry to inspire hope
Two health care heroes are touching lives and lifting spirits. One nurse specializes in hospice, another in trauma; both use their unique talents in the arts to help patients and co-workers find light during COVID-19's dark times. ...
CBS News. Tuesday, 5 Jan 2021.
- Congress approves hospice care reforms to improve oversight, transparency
Fines and other penalties are set for bad actors in an industry marked by weak regulation.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 23 Dec 2020.
- Covid UK: Moment police swoop on charity 'winter wonderland' event where host is dressed as Santa
Mike Denaro decorated his home in Hindley, Wigan with Christmas decorations including fairy lights, lasers, festive acrylic figures and a snow machine to raise money for a local hospice.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 22 Dec 2020.
- Texas Owner Jailed For Packing Hospices With Patients Who Were Lied To That They Were About To Die
Prosecutors said the healthcare group lied to vulnerable patients about the time they had left to live to turn a profit.
Forbes. Thursday, 17 Dec 2020.
- Encompass Health (EHC) to Spin Off Unit to Streamline Business
Encompass Health (EHC) is exploring strategic alternatives to split its home health and hospice
business from the original corporate structure to streamline operations.
Zacks. Friday, 11 Dec 2020.
- Bride stages first look with grandmother in hospice before wedding day
Nobody loves you like Grandma.
Fox News. Wednesday, 2 Dec 2020.
- Bid for a bit of Bet Lynch jewellery
The Coronation Street star's jewellery is up for auction to raise money for a hospice.
BBC News. Friday, 20 Nov 2020.
- LHC Group (LHCG) Forays into Oklahoma With New Hospice Buyout
LHC Group (LHCG) buys Grace Hospice
of Oklahoma to expand its hospice
service to Tulsa and throughout the nation.
Zacks. Tuesday, 17 Nov 2020.
- Despite A Q3 Beat The Rally In Amedisys Stock Appears Overdone
After a 82% rise since the March 16 lows of this year, at the current price of around $249 per share we believe Amedisys stock, a home health and hospice
care company, has reached its near-term potential. ...
Forbes. Thursday, 29 Oct 2020.
Hospice Services News Headlines and News Summaries