This Hospice news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about hospices from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 9 great reads from CNET this week - CNET
Hospice patients use VR to check off bucket lists, ad-targeting creates a creepy image problem Facebook can't shake, and a speed test restores some faith in 5G.
CNET. Saturday, 18 May 2019.
- Doctors: When Opposites Attract, for Life
Of all the obstacles to initiating hospice care that have been cited, the devotion of wife to husband, or child to parent, is the hardest to quantify.
New York Times. Thursday, 4 Apr 2019.
- Amedisys Closes Oklahoma-Based RoseRock Healthcare Buyout
The acquisition of RoseRock Healthcare aligns with Amedisys' (AMED) strategy of foraying into the hospice care market of Oklahoma.
Zacks. Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019.
- Camilla keeps her cool in all-white as she officially opens a hospice in the Cayman Islands
The Duchess of Cornwall, 71, officially opened the the Jasmine Villa Hospice in Grand Cayman today. Arriving solo, without Prince Charles by her side, she kept her cool in a white coordinated outfit.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 28 Mar 2019.
- Catholic priest accused of groping woman during last rites
A Roman Catholic priest has been arrested on a misdemeanor assault charge after he was accused of groping a woman in home hospice care while giving her last rites.
Fox News. Wednesday, 20 Mar 2019.
- BBC presenter and Bowel cancer mum visits a hospice and shares her worries
BBC presenter Deborah James, 37, from London, aka the Bowel Babe, has shared a video where she visits a hospice - to decide whether she could die there. She recorded it for BBC Breakfast.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 20 Mar 2019.
- Faithful Wish Makes Widow's Final Farewell Possible
Faith Presbyterian Hospice granted a 'Faithful Wish' that made it possible for a widow to attend her husband's burial ceremony.
NBC. Friday, 8 Mar 2019.
- 'That Good Night' Perfectly Explains How Palliative Care Differs From Hospice
Many people do not understand the difference between palliative care and hospice. "That Good Night" provides an eloquent explanation in the hope we will live more fully.
Forbes. Saturday, 2 Mar 2019.
- Amedisys (AMED) Tops Earnings and Revenue Estimates in Q4
At the Home Health and Hospice divisions, Amedisys (AMED) gains from growth in Medicare and non-Medicare revenues in Q4.
Zacks. Thursday, 28 Feb 2019.
- Walter Jones, longtime North Carolina congressman, dead at 76
Rep. Walter Jones, R-N.C., died Sunday in Greenville, N.C., 15 days after his family announced that he had entered hospice care. He was 76.
Fox News. Sunday, 10 Feb 2019.
- John Dingell, congressional giant, dies at 92
Dingell, who had a heart attack in September, had entered hospice care earlier this week, a source close to the family confirmed to CBS News
CBS News. Friday, 8 Feb 2019.
- John Dingell dies at 92
The longest-serving member in the history of the U.S. House died Thursday evening in hospice care. Former Rep. John Dingell Jr., Michigan Democrat, was 92. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 7 Feb 2019.
- US Rep. Walter Jones of North Carolina enters hospice care
The Republican congressman has represented North Carolina for over two decades.
ABC News. Saturday, 26 Jan 2019.
- North Carolina Rep. Walter Jones In Hospice Care
A long-time member of Congress
Daily Caller. Saturday, 26 Jan 2019.
- Beaumont confirms plan to transfer home health operations to Ohio-based firm in joint venture deal
Beaumont Health in Royal Oak, Mich., has confirmed it has sold a majority share and will transfer operations of its home health and hospice agency to Alternate Solutions Health Network, and has formed a joint venture with the Kettering, ...
Modern Healthcare. Thursday, 3 Jan 2019.
Patient receiving hospice care
Related Directory Page(s)
Hospice Services News Headlines and News Summaries