This Hospice news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about hospices from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Kate Middleton is 'always at ease' talking to families struggling with grief, reveals hospice CEO
The chief executive of East Anglia's Children's Hospices, Tracey Rennie, opened up about Kate Middleton's, 38, recent visit to The Nook on the Heirpod podcast, calling her 'incredibly friendly.'
Daily Mail. Saturday, 4 Jul 2020.
- Boy sleeps in tent for 90 days to raise money for hospice care
Ten-year-old Max Woosey was gifted a tent by his neighbor Rick, who wanted him to have "lots of adventures. " When Rick passed away, Max slept in the tent for 90 days to raise money for the hospice
center that had cared for him.
CBS News. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
- Healthcare for Silver Years to Aid Encompass Health (EHC)
Encompass Health's (EHC) inpatient rehabilitation and home hospice
businesses are poised to grow on the back of aging population.
Zacks. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- Duchess of Cambridge visits Nook children's hospice as pandemic boosts demand
The duchess met staff as well as people who benefit from East Anglia's Children's Hospices.
BBC News. Sunday, 28 Jun 2020.
- Kate Middleton gets her hands dirty in visit to children's hospice garden
Duchess of Cambridge shows that she's not afraid of a bit of dirt in these candid photographs, taken as she helped create a new garden for a children's hospice
Daily Mail. Sunday, 28 Jun 2020.
- Amedisys Rides on Hospice Arm Expansion Amid Coronavirus Woes
Amedisys (AMED) benefits from the recent acquisitions of hospice
care providers, Asana Hospice, RoseRock Healthcare and Compassionate Care Hospice.
Zacks. Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020.
- Coronavirus: The chaplains at the front line of end-of-life care
How are hospital and hospice
chaplains managing to provide comfort for dying patients?
BBC News. Saturday, 6 Jun 2020.
- The Case for Music in Times of Loss
As a hospice
chaplain, I know that the path through grief is mourning. Music can meet us on the path and help us keep walking.
New York Times. Thursday, 21 May 2020.
- Hospice program sets up unit for families to visit loved ones with coronavirus
Part of the strain of the coronavirus pandemic is the inability of families to visit their loved ones in the hospital. Now, a hospice
agency has opened a unit in a Louisiana hospital that allows families to say goodbye safely. ...
CBS News. Sunday, 19 Apr 2020.
- CMS proposes pay updates for hospices, SNFs, and psychiatric facilities
The proposed hospice
pay rule makes the application of the updated wage data budget neutral for all four levels of hospice
Modern Healthcare. Friday, 10 Apr 2020.
- Staffing shortages, lack of PPE strain home health agencies
More than 80% of 176 home health and hospice
providers surveyed March 31 said the new coronavirus has slashed up to a fifth of their workforce, a new survey found.
Modern Healthcare. Wednesday, 8 Apr 2020.
- VR helps hospice patients break free from their isolation - CNET
Seniors in hospice
care can visit Europe or swim with dolphins thanks to virtual reality.
CNET. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
Hospice Services News Headlines and News Summaries