This Hospice news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about hospices from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Fearless 80-year-old woman performs daring wing walk along a plane to raise money for hospice
Nancy Spencer, from Heighington, County Durham, soared above the clouds at Leeds Airport East to raise funds for St Teresa's Hospice, where she works as a volunteer.
Daily Mail. Friday, 2 Jun 2023.
- Former US First Lady Rosalynn Carter has dementia
The diagnosis comes as her husband, former President Jimmy Carter, receives hospice
care in Georgia.
BBC News. Tuesday, 30 May 2023.
- Former First Lady Rosalynn Carter Has Dementia, Carter Center Says
Former first lady Rosalynn Carter has dementia and remains at home, her family has announced. Carter, 95, remains at home with former President Jimmy Carter, who has been at home receiving hospice
care since early this year. ...
Voice of America. Tuesday, 30 May 2023.
- Former First Lady Rosalynn Carter Diagnosed With Dementia, Family Says
Former President Jimmy Carter is currently receiving hospice
Forbes. Tuesday, 30 May 2023.
- Former first lady Rosalynn Carter has dementia, family announces
Former first lady Rosalynn Carter's dementia diagnosis was announced as former President Jimmy Carter continues to receive hospice
CBS News. Tuesday, 30 May 2023.
- Jimmy Carter, 3 months into hospice, is happily meeting with family, enjoying ice cream
The former president continues to enjoy peanut butter ice cream, his preferred flavor, in keeping with his roots as a peanut farmer.
ABC News. Thursday, 25 May 2023.
- Jimmy Carter, 3 months into hospice, is aware of tributes, enjoying ice cream
- Inside Canada's picture-perfect 'dementia village', offering a new approach to hospice care
Canada's Village Langley is looking to flip the concept of dementia care on its head, with a homely rather than hospice-like atmosphere, with a farm and a salubrious bistro with beer on tap.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 20 May 2023.
- Cutting hospice beds to help people die at home
Doctors at NHS Fife are defending plans to close more than half of its hospice
beds to provide more help at home.
BBC News. Thursday, 11 May 2023.
- Amedisys (AMED) Q1 Earnings Beat Estimates, Margins Dip
Amedisys (AMED) sees a year-over-year decline in the Hospice
Zacks. Thursday, 4 May 2023.
- Len Goodman, former 'Dancing with the Stars' head judge, dies at 78
His manager tells ABC News he died Saturday evening in hospice
care surrounded by his family.
ABC News. Monday, 24 Apr 2023.
- 'Boy in the tent' among 850 charity and community representatives invited to coronation
The "boy in the tent" - who raised hundreds of thousands of pounds for a hospice
- is among more than 850 community and charity representatives invited to the King's coronation.
Sky News. Friday, 7 Apr 2023.
- Andrew Lloyd Webber says son has been moved to a hospice
Andrew Lloyd Webber has said his eldest son Nicholas has now been moved to a hospice.
Sky News. Thursday, 23 Mar 2023.
- Malachy McCourt, Kicked Out of Hospice Care, Still Has Stories to Tell
The actor, writer, radio host, bartender and man about town is 91 years old, and he still has some stories to tell.
New York Times. Friday, 10 Mar 2023.
- The Hometown That Drew Jimmy Carter Back Keeps Vigil
Plains, Ga., is indelibly linked with the legacy of the 39th president. After he entered hospice
care, the town has been gripped by a somber and sometimes strange wait.
New York Times. Thursday, 23 Feb 2023.
Hospice Services News Headlines and News Summaries