This Horse news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about horse and horses news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Del Mar has first horse death of summer season
died at Del Mar, the first such fatality of its summer season, when an unraced 3-year-old filly suffered a catastrophic injury after a workout Saturday.
Los Angeles Times. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- Clarence Thomas's wife says BLM a 'Trojan Horse for mob rule'
Officials in Clifton, Virginia, put up a banner with the words: 'Welcome to Clifton, Where Black Lives Matter' last month - eliciting outrage from critics including Ginni Thomas.
Daily Mail. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Racing board says Los Alamitos must come up with plan to address horse deaths
In emergency meeting, the California Horse
Racing Board determined Los Alamitos Race Course must address its increase in horse
deaths within 10 days.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Coronavirus NY: White Horse Tavern has liquor license revoked
The State Liquor Authority suspended the licence of New York's White Horse
Tavern on Wednesday, citing 30 violations in June and July, including operating an unauthorized outdoor bar.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Why are we 'milking' crabs for a coronavirus vaccine?
Horseshoe crab blood is used to help develop medicine, but some people want the practice stopped.
BBC News. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Virginia Steeplechase Gold Cup Horse Races Go Virtual
Virginia Steeplechase Gold Cup Horse
Races Go Virtual.
Voice of America. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Two Horses Trained by Baffert Test Positive for Banned Substances
failed tests of a second sample, confirming the presence of an unauthorized local numbing agent.
New York Times. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Horseshoe crabs may be the answer to a safe coronavirus vaccine next year. Here's why.
Because of its quick and detectable response to bacteria, horseshoe crab blood is used in testing medications, and now, the coronavirus vaccine.
Yahoo. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Horses and Reporting in the Field
After weeks of lockdown, getting in my car to cover a story was both a surreal and welcome experience.
New York Times. Friday, 26 Jun 2020.
- 2020 Belmont Stakes to kick off Triple Crown races without an audience
The 152nd annual Belmont Stakes is kicking off the 2020 Triple Crown Races. Los Angeles Times contributor John Cherwa joined CBSN ahead of Saturdays race with more on how the horse
racing industry is changing during the age of COVID-19.
CBS News. Thursday, 25 Jun 2020.
- Belmont Stakes ready to run without fans, kicking off Triple Crown races
The 152nd running usually has crowds of up to 100,000 spectators, but on Saturday, there will be 10 horses
on the track and zero fans in the stands.
ABC News. Saturday, 20 Jun 2020.
- Michael Irving: Teens jailed for 'Trojan horse trap' murder
A vulnerable 15-year-old was stabbed to death by two boys over rumours he had molested a girl.
BBC News. Saturday, 20 Jun 2020.
- Judge weighs US bid to stop release of John Bolton's book about time in Trump administration
The judge said "the horse
seems to be out of the barn" and wondered aloud what he could do to retrieve books already sent out "all over the country."
ABC News. Friday, 19 Jun 2020.
- Judge compares Bolton's book to horse already "out of the barn"
Judge Royce Lamberth questioned the government's attorneys about why they were bringing litigation against Bolton now, after the book is already in the public sphere.
CBS News. Friday, 19 Jun 2020.
- Belmont Stakes 2020: Triple Crown Race Entries, Post Time And Odds For The Field
The 2020 Belmont Stakes is set to run on Saturday. Get ready for this Triple Crown race with this preview, which includes the full schedule, post time, viewing info, odds for all 10 horses
in the field and much more.
Forbes. Friday, 19 Jun 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries