This Home Schooling news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about home schooling and homeschooling news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Mother-of-two hanged herself after becoming paranoid teachers were criticising her homeschooling
Amanda Metcalf, 44, felt like people were constantly watching her including through her bedroom window and while out for walks with her family in Ashtead, Surrey.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Coronavirus lockdown keep-in-touch scheme 'was a form of respite'
Justina Kusanja spent nearly five months of this year shielding at home, juggling home schooling
her two young daughters on the family's single iPad.
Sky News. Sunday, 27 Sep 2020.
- How One Homeschooling Professional Has Leaned Into the Era of Remote Learning
Back-to-school season was always busy for Michelle Parrinello-Cason, but widespread closures of public schools have put her in even great demand. And she has advice for parents and educators alike.
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 8 Sep 2020.
- Ten Beautifully Designed Spaces That Show You Can Homeschool Anywhere
From home classrooms to kitchens and corners, here's how ten families designed beautiful and efficient homeschooling
Forbes. Monday, 31 Aug 2020.
- Remote Learning Gets Reinvented: The Best Back-To-School Travel Experiences
How the travel industry is helping with remote learning, homeschooling, online education and distance learning.
Forbes. Monday, 31 Aug 2020.
- Interest in homeschooling has 'exploded' amid pandemic
MISSION, Kan. (AP) - As parents nationwide prepare to help their children with more distance learning, a small but quickly growing number are deciding to take matters entirely into their own hands and begin homeschooling
Washington Times. Wednesday, 12 Aug 2020.
- Homeschooling pros help break down education options during the pandemic
While school districts decide between in-person, remote learning or some mix of the two parents are weighing their options.
ABC News. Sunday, 9 Aug 2020.
- Coronavirus: How pandemic pods and zutors are changing homeschooling
US parents are resorting to "pandemic pods" and garden classrooms - but will it deepen inequalities?
BBC News. Monday, 3 Aug 2020.
- Melanie C: 'People think I'm mouthy, but I'm really quiet and gentle'
The pop star on being misunderstood, the Spice Girls reunion and how she hates home schooling
BBC News. Saturday, 1 Aug 2020.
- Chicago-area parents turn to unique homeschooling options as fall approaches, coronavirus pandemic continues
Chicago-area parents are turning to unique schooling options as the COVID-19 pandemic continues.
ABC News. Wednesday, 29 Jul 2020.
- Prince William says homeschooling George and Charlotte has made him realise his 'patience is short'
Speaking on BBC Radio 5Live's That Peter Crouch podcast, the Duke of Cambridge said 'the biggest eyeopener' for him was his shorter patience, while he's also struggled with George's maths work.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 29 Jul 2020.
- Parents explore new homeschooling methods amid surge of COVID-19
With the coronavirus pandemic leaving some schools districts uncertain whether they will return to in-person learning this fall, parents are looking at other options. ...
CBS News. Friday, 24 Jul 2020.
- More parents consider homeschooling as permanent option during coronavirus pandemic
More parents are choosing home school over in-class instruction when school resumes this fall as school districts roll out their reopening plans during the global health crisis.
Fox News. Sunday, 19 Jul 2020.
- Prince William jokes that remembering mathematics is hard while homeschooling kids during coronavirus pandemic
Prince William wears many hats: Father, son, grandson, brother, prince and now, teacher.
Fox News. Sunday, 31 May 2020.
- Home schooling to continue for most pupils until September, says minister
Most pupils should prepare to learn at home until the start of the autumn term, the schools minster has confirmed.
Sky News. Wednesday, 27 May 2020.
Home Schooling News Headlines and News Summaries