This Home Schooling news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about home schooling and homeschooling news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Moment five-year-old boy takes break from home schooling to turn sofa into makeshift waltzer
Footage shows five-year-old Joey Brookes stood upright on the grey, circular sofa with his hands pressed against the wall at home in Rugby, Warwickshire.
Daily Mail. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- 14 Free and low cost educational resources for parents who need help with homeschooling
If you're frustrated with the lack of support you've received from your school or if you need more inspiration there are many free and low cost resources online that you can use to help your kids
Daily Mail. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- BT to remove data charges for BBC Bitesize use
As people in the UK settle into another long period locked down in their homes, and struggle to find solutions to the conundrums of homeschooling
Pocket Lint. Monday, 11 Jan 2021.
- Parents struggle to meet home schooling demands
Families without computer access are struggling to meet home schooling
BBC News. Thursday, 7 Jan 2021.
- How to access Google Classroom on Xbox and PlayStation
With children facing another long period of homeschooling
during the third UK-wide lockdown, parents without laptops or tablets might be wondering how
Pocket Lint. Wednesday, 6 Jan 2021.
- Half-term 'a long way' away as parents take on teaching duties after all schools close
It was the start of the new term no one wanted, but parents across the UK have reluctantly restarted homeschooling
Sky News. Tuesday, 5 Jan 2021.
- Exams, homeschooling and free meals: What lockdown means for students
As the UK goes into a full lockdown, here is a breakdown of the situation with schools, colleges and universities across the four nations.
Sky News. Monday, 4 Jan 2021.
- Transfer test: Pupils to sit AQE test on 9 January
AQE is to proceed with the tests as planned despite homeschooling
returning in the first week of January.
BBC News. Friday, 1 Jan 2021.
- Looking Back On A Year Of Mass Homeschooling
Millions of families opted out of traditional schooling this year, disrupting conventional education and triggering learning innovations that will long outlast the pandemic.
Forbes. Wednesday, 30 Dec 2020.
- Asian Countries Handle New COVID-19 Cases without Lockdowns
Officials, backed by compliant local populations, are avoiding crowds, wearing masks and home schooling
to stop late-2020 virus outbreaks from expanding.
Voice of America. Monday, 7 Dec 2020.
- How One Homeschooling Professional Has Leaned Into the Era of Remote Learning
Back-to-school season was always busy for Michelle Parrinello-Cason, but widespread closures of public schools have put her in even great demand. And she has advice for parents and educators alike.
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 8 Sep 2020.
- Ten Beautifully Designed Spaces That Show You Can Homeschool Anywhere
From home classrooms to kitchens and corners, here's how ten families designed beautiful and efficient homeschooling
Forbes. Monday, 31 Aug 2020.
- Homeschooling pros help break down education options during the pandemic
While school districts decide between in-person, remote learning or some mix of the two parents are weighing their options.
ABC News. Sunday, 9 Aug 2020.
- Chicago-area parents turn to unique homeschooling options as fall approaches, coronavirus pandemic continues
Chicago-area parents are turning to unique schooling options as the COVID-19 pandemic continues.
ABC News. Wednesday, 29 Jul 2020.
- More parents consider homeschooling as permanent option during coronavirus pandemic
More parents are choosing home school over in-class instruction when school resumes this fall as school districts roll out their reopening plans during the global health crisis.
Fox News. Sunday, 19 Jul 2020.
Home Schooling News Headlines and News Summaries