This Home Care news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about home care news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- For Older Adults, Home Care Has Become Harder to Find
Staffing shortages have long plagued the home care
industry. But the pandemic has intensified the problem.
New York Times. Saturday, 24 Jul 2021.
- Robot in your home could free up hospital beds
A hospital trial is using robots and virtual consultations to provide in-home care for patients.
BBC News. Sunday, 16 May 2021.
- Covid Pandemic Forces Families to Rethink Nursing Home Care
Even with vaccines, many older people and their relatives are weighing how to manage at-home care for those who can no longer live independently.
New York Times. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- Investigators warn of Medicaid fraud and home care abuse
Federal investigators are raising an alarm over what they call persistent fraud and abuse in Medicaid-funded personal care services. Estimates of questionable billing since 2012 total more than $600 million. ...
CBS News. Thursday, 22 Apr 2021.
- Daddy duty: More men choosing to put kids ahead of careers
A Pew Research Center study last year found stay-at-home dads now account for more than 16 percent of at-home caretakers. Now with more than 20 percent of wives out-earning their husbands, the trend is growing. ...
CBS News. Tuesday, 30 Mar 2021.
- Anthem (ANTM) to Buy myNEXUS to Boost Homehealth Business
Anthem (ANTM) to purchase at-home provider, benefits coordinator, myNEXUS, to provide better in-home care.
Zacks. Thursday, 25 Mar 2021.
- Entrepreneur Franchise of the Day: Interim Healthcare
Interim Healthcare describes itself as 'the leading home care, hospice and medical staffing company.'
Entrepreneur. Saturday, 6 Mar 2021.
- Entrepreneur Franchise of the Day: Griswold Home Care
Griswold Home Care
was founded in 1982 to help people remain independent in their homes.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 3 Mar 2021.
- Cuomo dodges question about whether he's been subpoenaed in nursing home scandal
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Monday declined to say whether he or any members of his office had been subpoenaed in connection with ongoing investigations into how the administration handled nursing home care
during the pandemic.
Fox News. Monday, 22 Feb 2021.
- Coronavirus sees uptick in demand for home care workers
Tens of thousands of new patients are requesting at-home treatment as the demand for home care
Fox News. Saturday, 30 Jan 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries