This Home Care news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about home care news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Covid Pandemic Forces Families to Rethink Nursing Home Care
Even with vaccines, many older people and their relatives are weighing how to manage at-home care for those who can no longer live independently.
New York Times. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- Investigators warn of Medicaid fraud and home care abuse
Federal investigators are raising an alarm over what they call persistent fraud and abuse in Medicaid-funded personal care services. Estimates of questionable billing since 2012 total more than $600 million. ...
CBS News. Thursday, 22 Apr 2021.
- Daddy duty: More men choosing to put kids ahead of careers
A Pew Research Center study last year found stay-at-home dads now account for more than 16 percent of at-home caretakers. Now with more than 20 percent of wives out-earning their husbands, the trend is growing. ...
CBS News. Tuesday, 30 Mar 2021.
- Anthem (ANTM) to Buy myNEXUS to Boost Homehealth Business
Anthem (ANTM) to purchase at-home provider, benefits coordinator, myNEXUS, to provide better in-home care.
Zacks. Thursday, 25 Mar 2021.
- Entrepreneur Franchise of the Day: Interim Healthcare
Interim Healthcare describes itself as 'the leading home care, hospice and medical staffing company.'
Entrepreneur. Saturday, 6 Mar 2021.
- Entrepreneur Franchise of the Day: Griswold Home Care
Griswold Home Care
was founded in 1982 to help people remain independent in their homes.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 3 Mar 2021.
- Cuomo dodges question about whether he's been subpoenaed in nursing home scandal
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Monday declined to say whether he or any members of his office had been subpoenaed in connection with ongoing investigations into how the administration handled nursing home care
during the pandemic.
Fox News. Monday, 22 Feb 2021.
- AptarGroup (ATR) Q4 Earnings & Sales Beat Estimates, Up Y/Y
AptarGroup's (ATR) fourth-quarter results improve on solid growth in the Pharma segment and the personal care and home care
Zacks. Friday, 19 Feb 2021.
- Coronavirus sees uptick in demand for home care workers
Tens of thousands of new patients are requesting at-home treatment as the demand for home care
Fox News. Saturday, 30 Jan 2021.
- TikTok users left emotional by video of elderly woman falling in love with plush tiger toy
Social media users have fallen in love with Freda, believed to live in America, after she was filmed reacting to receiving a soft tiger toy for Christmas from one of her nursing home carers.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 23 Dec 2020.
- Chicago mom is arrested after cops spent hours searching for her seven-month-old son
Sade Owens, a home caregiver, initially told police that the boy had been left in the SUV while she went in a store in Chicago, Illinois, on Monday.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 29 Oct 2020.
- Biden announces $775 billion plan to fund universal child care and in-home elder care
The former vice president announced his plan to subsidize the high cost of child care for working families, fund universal preschool and provide $450 billion to expand community-based and in-home care for the elderly and disabled.
CNBC. Tuesday, 21 Jul 2020.
- Watch live: Biden proposes $775 billion, 10-year plan focused on child and elder care
Former Vice President Joe Biden is slated to deliver remarks Tuesday on a plan that would funnel $775 billion over 10 years into rebuilding and fortifying child care and in-home care for seniors.
CNBC. Tuesday, 21 Jul 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries