This Home Building news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about home building and home builder news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Single family housing starts jump despite an overall drop in home building
New home construction dropped in July, but there were some spots. CNBC's Diana Olick reports.
CNBC. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Homebuilders take a hit from Wednesday's market sell-off
The home builders were hit along with everyone else on Wednesday after the 800 point sell-off for the Dow. CNBC's Diana Olick reports.
CNBC. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Are the Homebuilder Stocks the Deal of the Year?
The home builders are all trading under 10x and mortgage rates are falling. Are the builders about to boom?
Zacks. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- What's Driving Housing ETFs Despite Subdued Sales?
U.S. existing home sales for June was under pressure while new home sales showed some improvement. Despite this, home building
ETFs have been on a tear on upbeat corporate earnings and chances of a Fed rate cut in the near term.
Zacks. Thursday, 25 Jul 2019.
- NAHB: Home Builder Sentiment Rises as Lower Rates Offset Higher Costs
A private gauge of U.S. home builder
sentiment increased in July as falling mortgage rates offset rising building costs and worries about global trade tensions.
Newsmax. Tuesday, 16 Jul 2019.
- Builder confidence rises in July
The National Association of Home Builders' Housing Market Index rose to 65 points in July, according to data released Tuesday.
Inman. Tuesday, 16 Jul 2019.
- 5 Least Affordable Places to Live in US
Housing affordability in the U.S. is getting worse. That was the recent conclusion in Forbes by Robert Dietz, chief economist for the National Association of Home Builders.
Newsmax. Monday, 17 Jun 2019.
- Digital home designer Higharc raises $4.7M in seed round
Flush with funding, Higharc's new software was developed to ease the pain and cost of custom home building
Inman. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- After Chilly Winter, Homebuilders To Share Earnings With High Hopes Ahead
The home building
and home supply sectors are preparing to report Q1 results in coming weeks, but may have struggled in part due to chilly winter weather.
Forbes. Tuesday, 23 Apr 2019.
- Can California boost home building without supercharging gentrification?
Along a stretch of South Los Angeles near the Expo light rail line, investment dollars are pouring in. ...
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 23 Apr 2019.
- Home builder to establish $14M Tennessee facility
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - A home building
company plans to set up a $14 million Tennessee facility expected to create about 110 new jobs. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 23 Apr 2019.
- Persimmon named Britain's worst builder again amid criticism over fat cat pay and shoddy workmanship
In a survey of 60,955 people, it was awarded three stars out of five by the Home Builders Federation for the fourth year running. The rankings put it behind rivals Barratt and Taylor Wimpey.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019.
- Rise of "smart homes" as Amazon, Lennar team up
Amazon is joining forces with home builder
Lennar to market its smart home technology. CBS News' Danielle Nottingham reports on what consumers can expect.
CBS News. Tuesday, 5 Jun 2018.
- Inside Amazon Alexa's "smart homes" by Lennar
Online giant teams up with one of largest home builders to market voice-activated technology throughout the house
CBS News. Tuesday, 5 Jun 2018.
- U.S. construction spending climbs as home building surges
U.S. construction spending surged 1.8% to a record high in April as home building
rose by the largest amount in 24 years. The Commerce Department said Friday that the April gain reversed a 1.7% drop in March. ...
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 1 Jun 2018.
News Headlines and News Summaries