This History news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about historical news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Appreciation: Hilary Mantel wasn't just a novelist. She raised the dead
Hilary Mantel, who died Thursday at 70, transformed and revitalized historical
fictions in her groundbreaking, indelible 'Wolf Hall' trilogy.
Los Angeles Times. Saturday, 24 Sep 2022.
- Florida A&M students sue state, alleging racial bias in funding
Historically Black college accuses Florida officials of discriminating against the school based on race.
CBS News. Friday, 23 Sep 2022.
- How Fans Can Generate Revenue In The Entertainment Space Through NFTs
Fans have historically been removed entirely from the financial aspect of show business, but that may be about to change through NFTs.
Forbes. Thursday, 22 Sep 2022.
- Column: The ugly historical roots of the GOP's sadistic migrant transports
GOP governors have been sponsoring bus and plane transfers of migrants from their states to northern jurisdictions including New York; Washington, D.C.; and (notoriously) the island of Martha's Vineyard, Mass. ...
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 19 Sep 2022.
- Book excerpt: "The Marriage Portrait" by Maggie O'Farrell
The author of the acclaimed novel "Hamnet" returns with a historical
thriller about a teenage girl, a member of the House of Medici, who fears her husband is plotting to kill her.
CBS News. Sunday, 18 Sep 2022.
- Kevin M. Cahill, 86, Dies; Tropical Disease Expert With a Political Bent
He treated celebrities, advised a governor and saved an Irish historical
society. But he died under a cloud of sexual assault allegations.
New York Times. Saturday, 17 Sep 2022.
- Economy: GDP, interest rates, inflation, unemployment
Tables: Latest interest rates, inflation rate and key economic and historical
data from UK and world economies
Daily Mail. Friday, 16 Sep 2022.
- Keurig Dr Pepper Stock Could Stage Another Bounce Soon
An additional layer of support could also be emerging, in the form of a historically bullish trendline that just flashed on the charts.
Forbes. Thursday, 15 Sep 2022.
- How the Maori remember the Queen
Elizabeth II has a complex legacy in New Zealand, where the Maori say she tried to right historical
BBC News. Thursday, 15 Sep 2022.
- Police investigate abuse claims at Nicky Campbell school
Claims of historical
sexual and violent abuse at Edinburgh Academy are being investigated by Police Scotland.
BBC News. Thursday, 15 Sep 2022.
- Two 25-Year-Olds Could Be Elected to Congress, a Historical Rarity
Karoline Leavitt, a Republican from the Trump administration, and Maxwell Alejandro Frost, a progressive Democrat, could be the first members of Generation Z to enter Congress.
New York Times. Wednesday, 14 Sep 2022.
- 4 Top-Ranked Sector ETFs to Buy Now
After a solid start to the third quarter, the Wall Street rally fizzled out in mid-August. The weak trend is likely to continue given rising rates, recession fears, and historical
underperformance in September.
Zacks. Thursday, 8 Sep 2022.
- New NHS data reveals decade of decline under Tories that Liz Truss must reverse
As Liz Truss becomes prime minister, the NHS in England is recording historically poor performance on virtually every assessable measure.
Sky News. Wednesday, 7 Sep 2022.
- Fearing a September Lull? Buy These 5 ETFs
September is historically the worst month of the year for stocks. Investors who are fearing a lull in the ongoing September, may find these ETFs safe.
Zacks. Wednesday, 7 Sep 2022.
- Arsenal and Man United are back! Their Premier League rivalry has potential again
One of the best historical
rivalries in the Premier League has been a mere sideshow years. Could that finally be changing as both teams revive?
ESPN. Monday, 5 Sep 2022.
News Headlines and News Summaries