This History news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about historical news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Did Leonardo da Vinci have ADHD?
Leonardo da Vinci produced some of the world's most iconic art, but historical accounts show that he struggled to complete his works. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Hotel de la Ville, A Rocco Forte Hotel, The Most Anticipated Hotel Opening In Rome
Rocco Forte Hotels has unveiled their second hotel in Rome today, Hotel de la Ville, following an extraordinary renovation to the historical 18-century palazzo. ...
Hsyndicate. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Jury rules against ex-Delaware professor arrested at protest
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - A federal jury has ruled against a former Delaware State University professor who sued officials at the historically black school after he was arrested during a protest. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Making Food and Beverage a Focal Point in the Hotel Industry | By David Eisen
And while approaches to F&B have changed over time, F&B within the hotel space had historically been a loss leader, an afterthought, with the bulk of revenue derived from rooms. ...
Hsyndicate. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Want to Know How Trump's Trade War Ends? Look to the War of 1812
President Donald Trump's escalating trade war against China has drawn plenty of historical parallels. The Chinese like to invoke the 19th-century Opium Wars and the national humiliation that followed. In the U.S. ...
Newsmax. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- New method could shed light on workers' historical radiation exposure
Researchers in the UK have developed a new method for evaluating plutonium workers' historical internal radiation exposure. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Commentary: Holistic system of care essential to achieving mental wellness for children, teens
Our healthcare system has historically been fragmented, with physical and mental health treatments being compartmentalized. When we recognize the mind-body connection, we can produce better integrated treatments with improved outcomes.
Modern Healthcare. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- College grad dances across stage after billionaire wipes out students' loans
The billionaire's donation to the all-male historically black college will allow graduates to focus on their dreams instead of their debt
CBS News. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Exhibit looks at history of Detroit's Corktown neighborhood
A new exhibit at the Detroit Historical Museum takes visitors through 150 years of life in the city's Corktown neighborhood
ABC News. Sunday, 19 May 2019.
- Paper review: Lib Dems 'detoxify' and MP denies spy claim
Sunday's papers look ahead to the European elections while a Labour MP calls historical claims "lies".
BBC News. Sunday, 19 May 2019.
- The Brazilian street artist who brings history to graffiti
Eduardo Kobra is a Brazilian street artist known for colourful historical figures and places.
BBC News. Saturday, 18 May 2019.
- Trump wants to face a MAN, claims Elizabeth Warren as she swings back at his all-male short list
Asked about the president's reduction of a historically diverse field to a short-list of four white men, Elizabeth Warren shot back to DailyMail.com: 'I think that Trump would like it to be that way.'
Daily Mail. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Historical Rent Control Ruling Is Bad for Real Estate Entrepreneurs and Tenants Alike. Here's Why.
Too many disincentives for landlords will prevent new rental units from ever making it to the real estate market.
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- A group of companies that sell mostly to the government could be a trade war haven
Historically, government service providers perform better when economic uncertainty arises.
CNBC. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Greater protection for veterans from war crimes allegations
Serving military personnel and veterans facing investigations over alleged historical offences are to get greater legal protection under proposals to be announced by the defence secretary.
Sky News. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
Stories - memories - histories
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries