This History news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about historical news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 3 Secrets to Building a Winning Sales Culture
Time to shake free of historically misguided beliefs.
Entrepreneur. Sunday, 25 Oct 2020.
- Sudan-Israel relations agreed, Donald Trump announces
Sudan becomes the third Arab country in weeks to agree to normalise ties with its historical
BBC News. Saturday, 24 Oct 2020.
- White teen girl sentenced for plot to attack Black churchgoers
Police in 2019 said they thwarted a "potentially horrific incident" when classmates found the girl's plans for a knife attack at a historically Black Georgia church.
CBS News. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Coronavirus: Scientist says 'pox parties' may build immunity
Such parties were historically organised for chickenpox, but have also been used for measles and flu before the invention of vaccines. A Cambridge scientist said they might be used for Covid-19.
Daily Mail. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Historically low inventory threatens pending-home sales: Zillow
The housing market has been ablaze since the summer, but a lack of homes on the market is finally slowing pending-home sales, according to a weekly market report from Zillow.
Inman. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- New sediment archive for historical climate research
Geological investigations of low-temperature young deposits on the Styrian Erzberg provide paleoclimatology with new data on the Earth's history and its development.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Mylan Stock Has Over 45% Upside
Going by the historical
performance, we believe that the stock price of Mylan, a pharmaceutical company best known for its generic drugs, could offer an upside of over 45% from the current levels. ...
Forbes. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Using protest music to inspire in the "I Can't Breathe" era
"I Can't Breathe/Music for the Movement" reimagines three historically significant protest songs for the current moment and adds one new original track.
CBS News. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- UFC 254 Preview: Justin Gaethje Historical Closing Odds
Khabib Nurmagomedov puts his UFC lightweight title on the line when he faces Justin Gaethje in the main event of UFC 254
Forbes. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- Labour council review sees just 6% of Leeds residents want historical statues removed
The review, chaired by Alison Lowe - Leeds' first black female city councillor - looked into statues and monuments including Queen Victoria, Robert Peel, Edward Black Prince and Arthur Wellesley.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- Barkley, Phil to face Steph, Peyton in golf match
Charles Barkley will partner with Phil Mickelson in a golf match against Stephen Curry and Peyton Manning on Nov. 27, with proceeds going to historically Black colleges and universities.
ESPN. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- Trump or Biden, These Value ETFs & Stocks Are Set to Soar
patterns show that elections have a long track of doing wonders for value stocks.
Zacks. Thursday, 15 Oct 2020.
- Was Hong Kong once a coral reef paradise?
Researchers have for the first time investigated the historical
presence of coral communities in the Greater Bay Area, revealing a catastrophic range collapse and loss of diversity that occurred in the last several decades.
Science Daily. Thursday, 15 Oct 2020.
- Amy Coney Barrett sees law 'impersonality' in deciding cases
First of two parts. The black robe Judge Amy Coney Barrett dons to take the bench on the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals is more than an accident of historical
Washington Times. Thursday, 8 Oct 2020.
- Red-hot home prices have more consumers saying now is a bad time to buy
Demand for housing has been unusually strong, due to the coronavirus pandemic, and supply is historically lean. That is a recipe for high prices, which are now beginning to take their toll on potential homebuyers' confidence.
CNBC. Thursday, 8 Oct 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries