This History news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about historical news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Akala: Why we need more black, working class period drama
Akala speaks to Radio 1 Newsbeat about filling the gaps in historical
BBC News. Sunday, 9 May 2021.
- Women-founded spirits brands to toast to on Mother's Day
Woman-owned spirits brands continue to shake up the historically male-dominated alcohol industry with refreshing takes on gin, vodka and bourbon.
Fox News. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- The Community College Revelation
I went to work at a community college from a historically Black college and university (HBCU) where I advised and developed programs for adult and continuing education students.
Forbes. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Best credit cards deals for purchases, holidays and clearing debts
Although availability of interest-free deals and cards is low by historical
standards, it has bounced back in recent months and there are now plenty of decent options, even if they aren't as generous.
Daily Mail. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Jersey fishermen tell ALEX WARD their vivid account of flares and fighting talk
Locals described the sight as 'like the arrival of the Spanish Armada' as fishermen set off flares and displayed banners proclaiming 'Jersey Government steals our historical
Daily Mail. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Biden Cabinet secretary defends race-based COVID aid, citing historical discrimination
Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack defended loan forgiveness for minority farmers in a press briefing Wednesday, citing historical
discrimination by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
Fox News. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- Uber hit with $600m UK drivers' bill after being forced to classify them as workers
Uber has set aside $600m (£430m) to resolve "historical claims" relating to its private hire drivers in the UK after it lost a legal battle over their employment rights.
Sky News. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- The Chef Using Historical Records and Intensive Research to Revitalize Ozark Cuisine
Rob Connoley, a self-taught and James Beard Award-nominated chef, is on a mission to define Ozark cuisine, a murky and often-overlooked food tradition.
Mental Floss. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- Alternative Energy Stock Could Bounce Off Bullish Trendline
Solar technology concern Enphase Energy (ENPH) has pulled back on the charts over the past week. However, the stock is now near a trendline with historically bullish implications.
Forbes. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- Tree of Life Synagogue Plans a New Beginning, Years After Deadly Shooting
Daniel Libeskind, an architect known for memorializing historical
trauma, will turn the site of 11 deaths back into a home for worship as well as a place to learn about confronting hatred.
New York Times. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- Tower of London: Public to vote on baby raven's name
The public can choose between a number of historically significant women in naming the female raven.
BBC News. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- CBS News poll shows how Americans are evaluating Trump on more than economy
A new CBS News poll reveals a disconnect between Americans' feelings about the economy and how they feel about President Trump. His approval rating remains unchanged from June at 36 percent -- still historically low. ...
CBS News. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- American man imprisoned in Iran
Xiyue Wang, a 37-year old Chinese American man who was in Iran conducting historical
research of the country, has been arrested and imprisoned on spying charges. ...
CBS News. Monday, 3 May 2021.
- Jane Austen Museum to Address Ties to Slavery
Exhibits at the house where the writer lived in the early 1800s are being updated to add historical
context. Not everyone is thrilled.
New York Times. Wednesday, 28 Apr 2021.
- Amazon is loosening its grip on customers and letting some sellers reach out to them
Amazon is piloting a tool that lets brands communicate directly with shoppers, in a departure from its historically tight control of customer data.
CNBC. Friday, 23 Apr 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries