This History news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about historical news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- New Video Game Confronts Slavery's Legacy Through a Historical Mystery
"Blackhaven" finds a fictional intern working to uncover a colonial estate's hidden history while facing present-day racism
Smithsonian. Thursday, 29 Jul 2021.
- U.S. economy roars past pre-pandemic level
GDP grew at a historically high rate of 6.5% as vaccinations fueled spending and hiring.
CBS News. Thursday, 29 Jul 2021.
- Keller Williams launches new home-focused training program
The launch of KW New Homes comes amid an ongoing period of historically low housing inventory, making new homes an especially appealing area of focus for many agents.
Inman. Tuesday, 27 Jul 2021.
- Bull Signal Says Buy 3d Systems Stock on the Dip
The shares of 3D Systems (DDD) have been taking a breather in recent weeks. However, the printer manufacturer has just pulled back to a historically bullish trendline.
Forbes. Tuesday, 27 Jul 2021.
- Children in council care subjected to 'cruelty and sexual abuse hard to comprehend', inquiry finds
Children in the care of Lambeth Council were subjected to "levels of cruelty and sexual abuse that are hard to comprehend", an inquiry into historical
child abuse has found.
Sky News. Tuesday, 27 Jul 2021.
- Is Polarized America Primed for a Breakout Third Party?
Historically, third parties have tempered extremism on the left and right.
Voice of America. Tuesday, 20 Jul 2021.
- The Talent And Diversity Of HBCU Faculty
Nichole Hannah-Jones and Ta-Nehisi Coates have brought national attention to the faculty ranks at Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) with their recent decisions to join the Howard University faculty.
Forbes. Monday, 19 Jul 2021.
- Female sailor becomes the first woman to complete Naval Special Warfare training
The Navy announced a historical
achievement Thursday after a female sailor became the first woman to successfully complete the grueling Naval Special Warfare training and receive her pins.
Fox News. Thursday, 15 Jul 2021.
- Our Chicago: ABC7's Will Jones leads town hall on reparations, Evanston's historic plan
ABC 7, Chicago's No. 1 station for news, will explore the fight for reparations around the country, the historical
context behind it, and efforts by the city of Evanston to implement a reparations plan.
ABC News. Thursday, 15 Jul 2021.
- Victims 'robbed' by government plan to end historical prosecutions in Northern Ireland
The government is poised to announce a statute of limitations, effectively ending all prosecutions related to the Northern Ireland Troubles.
Sky News. Tuesday, 13 Jul 2021.
- Inside the Beltway: 'Enemy of the people' moniker sticks to media
The hostile news media is nothing new, according to a historical
account from the Fred W. Smith National Library for the Study of George Washington at Mount Vernon. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 12 Jul 2021.
- Lightning kills 76 people; some victims were taking selfies
Emergency teams were checking if any victims had fallen into a deep moat on one side of a historical
CBS News. Monday, 12 Jul 2021.
- England's Luke Shaw delivers historically quick Euro 2020 goal vs. Italy
England left-back Luke Shaw made history Sunday night in the Euro 2020 final.
Fox News. Sunday, 11 Jul 2021.
- 7 Controversial Modern Statues
These works of art weren't criticized for political reasons or historical
evils. They're just plain weird.
Mental Floss. Friday, 9 Jul 2021.
- What would Abe say? Start-ups explore bringing giants of history 'back to life'
Tech firms are reportedly developing technology based on artificial intelligence that would recreate digital replicas of long-dead historical
figures such as Abraham Lincoln.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 4 Jul 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries