This Herb news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about herbs from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Trump's 'Great Patriot' Farmers Follow Him Into a Trade War
Iowa farmer Tim Bardole survived years of low crop prices and rising costs by cutting back on fertilizer and herbicides and fixing broken-down equipment rather than buying new.
Newsmax. Sunday, 19 May 2019.
- Omega lambs and fitbit cows: New Zealand responds to alternative protein threat
At Dave Harper's family farm in New Zealand's scenic Canterbury region, a painstakingly bred flock of lambs is grazing, not on grass, but on a field of herbs selected to unlock healthy omega-3 fatty acids in the animals' meat.
Reuters. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- New insights on the control of dicamba-resistant kochia
Kochia is a highly invasive weed that is common in the Great Plains, where it has developed resistance to multiple herbicides. Now new dicamba-resistant strains are adding to grower worries.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Monsanto Verdict: Jury awards $2 billion to Livermore couple who says Roundup caused cancer
MONSANTO VERDICT: The couple, in their 70s, argued that years of use of Monsanto's Roundup herbicide caused them each to develop non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
ABC News. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- Role of cover crops in slowing herbicide resistance
A new article shows that cover crops can play an important role in slowing the development of herbicide-resistant weeds.
Science Daily. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- Pick of the pastels! Sherbet shades have had a reboot
Emily Monkton revealed how thanks to U.S. Vogue Editor Anna Wintour who wore a candyfloss-pink dress and feather shawl to the Met Gala last week pastels are having a reboot this season.
Daily Mail. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- This is what 59 looks like: Hairdresser reveals menopause tea and coconut oil keeps her young
Hairdresser Diane Shirley from Bournemouth said that she finds budget makeup just as good as high end brands and that she drinks Pukka Organic Turmeric Gold Herbal Tea before bed.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 12 May 2019.
- Florida boy with cancer must continue chemo despite parents' wishes to use cannabis therapy, court rules
A 3-year-old Florida boy with leukemia was ordered Wednesday to continue his chemotherapy treatments despite his parents wishes that he undergo cannabis therapy and other herbal remedies.
Fox News. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- Skydiver parachuting into Toronto reportedly caught on video
Toronto police were dispatched to the area around Rosedale Valley Road and Sherbourne Street on Saturday afternoon to search for a skydiver who "came down in a park area" and "appeared to be in distress."
CBC News. Sunday, 5 May 2019.
- Bamboo Is Basically 'Fake Meat' for Giant Pandas
A new study shows the bears have a nutritional profile looks more like that of wolves and cats rather than herbivores
Smithsonian. Friday, 3 May 2019.
- Herbalife (HLF) Q1 Earnings Miss Estimates, Stock Down 4%
Herbalife Nutrition (HLF) posts dismal results in first-quarter 2019. Also, the company provides view for the second quarter and lowers its guidance for 2019.
Zacks. Friday, 3 May 2019.
- NASA Says Faulty-Aluminum Scam Ruined 2 Missions, Cost It $700 Million
A former NASA subcontractor has agreed to pay $46 million after it was foundto have knowingly sold faulty aluminum to the space agency and otherbusinesses over 19 years
Yahoo. Thursday, 2 May 2019.
- Herb Score Revisited? Liner Fells Ace Cleveland Corey Kluber
Cleveland's bid for a fourth straight AL Central crown took a major hit Wednesday when star righthander Corey Kluber was hit by a line drive -- reminding fans of one-time Indians ace Herb Score.
Forbes. Thursday, 2 May 2019.
- Herbie Hancock Aims Jazz Day All-Star Concert Towards A World In 'Turmoil'
In Melbourne for its eighth iteration, the All-Star Global Concert brought together marquee names in jazz around a concert program of international, but borderless, collaboration.
NPR. Wednesday, 1 May 2019.
- EPA reaffirms glyphosate safe for users as court cases grow
Legal claims mount from people who blame the herbicide for their cancer.
ABC News. Tuesday, 30 Apr 2019.
Herb plants growing in pots
Related Directory Page(s)
Herbs News Headlines and News Summaries