This Heating news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about heating and heater news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- How buildings can cut 80 percent of their carbon emissions by 2050
Energy use in buildings -- from heating
and cooling your home to keeping the lights on in the office -- is responsible for over one-third of all carbon dioxide emissions in the United States. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Natural-gas leaks are important source of greenhouse gas emissions in Los Angeles
Scientist have found that methane in L.A.'s air correlates with the seasonal use of gas for heating
homes and businesses.
Science Daily. Monday, 12 Aug 2019.
- Fort Worth Veteran Gets Much-Needed Relief After AC Fails
An 86-year-old veteran's air conditioning went out with summer heat in full swing. That's when a North Texas heating
and air conditioning company came to the rescue. Photo Credit: NBC 5 News.
NBC. Wednesday, 7 Aug 2019.
- Woman dies while undergoing a hot stone massage at an underground spa in northeastern Mexico
Diana Ortiz passed away last Friday, four days after her body was burned while she was getting a massage and a stone heating
machine exploded in Mexico.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 31 Jul 2019.
- Woman dies during hot stone massage after heating device catches fire
A woman in Mexico died after getting severely burned during a hot stone massage.The tragedy unfolded at the Norella Boutique and Spa in the city of Guadalupe, when a machine used to heat the stones caught fire.
Fox News. Wednesday, 31 Jul 2019.
- Seven cities see home prices heating up again, but Seattle sinks, according to S&P Case-Shiller
Home prices continue to gain, and while the gains still shrank in May nationally, some markets are seeing stronger price appreciation.
CNBC. Tuesday, 30 Jul 2019.
- Cramer Remix: Starbucks' stock is heating up with more room to run
Jim Cramer discusses how tech veteran and CEO Kevin Johnson has helped Starbucks gain room to run.
CNBC. Tuesday, 30 Jul 2019.
- A. O. Smith (AOS) to Report Q2 Earnings: What's in the Cards?
Higher steel prices, softer sales of water heaters and air purifiers in China, and unfavorable movement in Chinese currency will adversely impact A. O. Smith's (AOS) second-quarter profitability.
Zacks. Friday, 26 Jul 2019.
- Climate change: Current heating 'unparalleled' in 2,000 years
The speed and extent of global heating
exceeds any similar event in the past two millennia, researchers say.
BBC News. Wednesday, 24 Jul 2019.
- Russian Lord of the Rings holiday camp blaze kills 11-year-old girl and seriously injures 3 others
The blaze at the Holdomi ski resort in the Khabarovsk region of Russia started just after 2am and is believed to have been caused by clothes drying on an electric heater
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 23 Jul 2019.
- Sushi ingredient has ability to spontaneously combust, causing restaurant fires
The process of making deep-fried tempura flakes includes heating
up cooking oil, which can self-heat and spontaneously combust.
ABC News. Tuesday, 16 Jul 2019.
- The 2020 iPhone is already overshadowing the iPhone 11 - CNET
Rumors about next year's iPhone are heating
up, with promising sales forecasts and some standout features.
CNET. Saturday, 13 Jul 2019.
- 2,000 chicks killed in Denbigh shed fire
The fire was started accidentally and the source of ignition was heating
lamps, according to the fire service.
BBC News. Saturday, 13 Jul 2019.
- Things Are Once Again Heating Up Between UFC President Dana White And Cris Cyborg
The relationship between UFC president Dana White and Cris Cyborg has never been cozy. Things are once again getting tense between the two in the aftermath of UFC 239.
Forbes. Monday, 8 Jul 2019.
- Temperatures heating up as weekend storms possible
Much of the country will be experiencing a very hot Fourth of July.
ABC News. Wednesday, 3 Jul 2019.
Heating Contractors News Headlines and News Summaries