This Hearing Aid news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about hearing aids from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Experimental brain-controlled hearing aid decodes, identifies who you want to hear
Our brains have a remarkable knack for picking out individual voices in a noisy environment, like a crowded coffee shop or a busy city street. This is something that even the most advanced hearing aids struggle to do. ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Scientists develop brain-controlled hearing aid that amplifies the voices you WANT to hear
The device developed at Columbia University in New York attempts to overcome the 'cocktail party problem', when voices mix together and become a mass of noise.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Hearing Aid Startups Slash Prices By Following The Warby Parker Sales Model
Startups like Eargo and Audicus are trying to break into the market for hearing aids that's controlled by five manufacturers. ...
Forbes. Monday, 1 Apr 2019.
- CVS closes hearing centers as FDA readies rules for over-the-counter sales of hearing aids
CVS is pivoting ahead of changes that could reshape the hearing aid market. Next year, the FDA will introduce regulations to bring hearing aids over the counter. CVS is also experimenting with new store formats.
CNBC. Friday, 1 Mar 2019.
- President of high-profile B.C. hearing clinic agrees to end misleading claims about dementia
The president of a chain of hearing clinics with 50 locations across B.C. has agreed to stop telling the public, without scientific evidence, that hearing aids prevent dementia.
CBC News. Friday, 8 Feb 2019.
- Hearing aid users often do not see doctors to ensure devices help
(Reuters Health) - In 2020, a new U.S. law will allow people to buy hearing aids over-the-counter, but that may not improve access to hearing care, a new study suggests.
Reuters. Wednesday, 16 Jan 2019.
- Baby gets hearing aids, can't stop giggling
The baby's infectious laughter has melted hearts across the country
CBS News. Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019.
- Siri on the ReSound Linx Quattro smart hearing aid a first for AI voice control - CNET
Next stop: integrating with Google Assistant.
CNET. Wednesday, 9 Jan 2019.
- Older people who use hearing aids still report hearing challenges
A high proportion of older people with hearing aids, especially those with lower incomes, report having trouble hearing and difficulty accessing hearing care services, according to a new study.
Science Daily. Monday, 7 Jan 2019.
- Former President Of Billionaire-Owned Hearing Aid Manufacturer Sentenced To 7 Years In Prison
The former president of billionaire-owned Starkey Hearing Technologies, Jerry Ruzicka, was sentenced to seven in prison inside a Minneapolis courthouse Wednesday.
Forbes. Wednesday, 19 Dec 2018.
- Dennis Oland murder trial hears about scalp condition, hearing aid and 'touchy-feely' ways
The murder trial of Dennis Oland resumes in Saint John this morning when the Crown calls its next witness.
CBC News. Friday, 23 Nov 2018.
- Ex-Army father, who couldn't hear his baby cry, has been gifted hearing aids
EXCLUSIVE: Darren Young, 38, from Preston, served in the British Army for 13 years, and was exposed to extreme noise from his first tour in Iraq.
Daily Mail. Friday, 9 Nov 2018.
- 2 Surprising Things That Slow Mental Decline
You won't jump for joy when you're told you need hearing aids or cataract surgery. But get this: Both appear to slow mental decline in older adults.
Newsmax. Wednesday, 17 Oct 2018.
- Untreated hearing loss tied to cognitive decline in older adults
(Reuters Health) - While age-related hearing loss has long been linked to cognitive decline, a UK study suggests hearing aids may help minimize the risk of problems like impaired memory or executive function.
Reuters. Tuesday, 16 Oct 2018.
- Preview: Hearing aids
Only about 20% of adults with hearing loss actually use hearing aids. ...
CBS News. Saturday, 29 Sep 2018.
Hearing aid for the hard-of-hearing
Related Directory Page(s)
Hearing Aids & Assistive Devices News Headlines and News Summaries