This Hearing Aid news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about hearing aids from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger, Accessibility Boss Darryl Adams Talk Building Hearing Health Tech And More In Interview
In commemorating Global Accessibility Awareness Day this week, the Santa Clara-based tech company announced an initiative to use technology in making hearing aids
Forbes. Friday, 19 May 2023.
- Intel (INTC) Partners 3DP4ME to Boost Hearing Aid Capabilities
Intel (INTC) collaborated with various enterprises to develop cutting-edge assistive technology, enhance hearing aid
Capabilities and support individuals with hearing issues.
Zacks. Friday, 19 May 2023.
- Over-the-Counter Hearing Aids Are Attracting Young Users
As more young people risk hearing loss, over-the-counter hearing aids
are providing new options, but also confusing choices.
New York Times. Friday, 12 May 2023.
- Hearing aids may lower risk of dementia, Lancet study suggests
The study - which involved researchers from China, Australia, Japan, Texas, Pakistan, and the UK - concluded that hearing aids
lowered the risk by 42% among people who were hard of hearing.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 13 Apr 2023.
- Is It Time To Own Up To Your Hearing Loss?
Hearing loss will eventually affect a large percentage of older adults. Hearing aids are expensive and for that reason many Americans put off purchasing them. Now they can be purchased online and OTC.
Forbes. Monday, 20 Mar 2023.
- All the things you didn't know were giving you ear wax
There are many things that can stop your ear from draining wax naturally, from hearing aids
to swimming. Here, MailOnline reveals all the things you didn't know were giving you earwax.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 23 Feb 2023.
- The Sims adds top surgery scars and binders to character choices
The Sims 4 has added a selection of inclusive upgrades including hearing aids, top surgery scars and shapewear in their latest update.
Sky News. Thursday, 2 Feb 2023.
- Apple's AirPods Pro might be an inexpensive solution to your hearing loss
In an experiment by doctors in Taiwan, Apple's AirPods Pro were found to be as good as premium hearing aids
in most scenarios for those with mild to moderate hearing loss. There's a caveat though.
ZDNet. Tuesday, 3 Jan 2023.
- Are AirPods the Hearing Aids of the Future?
New research suggests that personal sound amplification products like earbuds may help some people hear better in certain scenarios
Smithsonian. Thursday, 17 Nov 2022.
- Why hearing aids are so expensive
The global hearing aid
market was valued at over $10 billion in 2021. Critics say the five largest manufacturers, who control 90% of the market, keep prices up.
CNBC. Saturday, 5 Nov 2022.
- Hearing aids are now available over the counter at Walmart, Walgreens, CVS and Best Buy
The FDA issued a rule in August that allowed over-the-counter sales of hearing aids
for adults ages 18 and older with mild to moderate hearing loss.
CNBC. Tuesday, 18 Oct 2022.
- FDA Approves Over-the-Counter Hearing Aids
A new rule could save consumers $2,800 on a pair of hearing aids, officials say
Smithsonian. Thursday, 18 Aug 2022.
- EastEnders actress unveils first Barbie doll with hearing aids
EastEnders actress Rose Ayling-Ellis has unveiled the first Barbie doll with behind-the-ear hearing aids.
Sky News. Monday, 15 Aug 2022.
- Jabra Enhance Plus review: Compact earbuds for people with mild hearing loss
The new Jabra headset is not designed to compete with commercial ANC buds but is focused on providing those with mild to moderate hearing loss an option to enhance audio experiences in lieu of traditional hearing aids.
ZDNet. Monday, 11 Apr 2022.
Hearing Aids & Assistive Devices News Headlines and News Summaries