This Hearing Aid news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about hearing aids from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Biden set to sign executive order targeting anticompetitive practices in big tech, health care, more
The order includes calls for banning noncompete agreements and paves the way for hearing aids
to be sold over the counter at drugstores.
ABC News. Friday, 9 Jul 2021.
- Column: High cost of hearing aids shows (yet again) the insanity of medical pricing
It may cost as little as $100 to manufacture a hearing aid. The list price is typically in the thousands of dollars (and not covered by most insurance).
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 8 Jun 2021.
- Smartphone app could save hearing aid users hospital check-ups
The scheme at Plymouth University NHS Trust has seen the hospital's audiology department eliminate its waiting lists for follow-up appointments since launching the pilot in March 2020.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 29 May 2021.
- Signia Active are hearing aids that work just like true wireless earphones
Hearing aid specialist Signia has announced the Active and Active Pro designed to take the stigma away from aids.The new Signia Active and Active Pro aids
Pocket Lint. Wednesday, 21 Apr 2021.
- Hearing Aids for the Masses
Relatively simple technology and a change in government policy could unleash more innovation for Americans who have difficulty hearing.
New York Times. Monday, 12 Apr 2021.
- Watch: 7-week-old baby gets a hearing aid
Baby Lachlan was diagnosed as having moderate to severe hearing loss in both ears. At just 7 weeks old he received his first hearing aids.
CBS News. Wednesday, 24 Mar 2021.
- UnitedHealthcare (UNH) Expands Virtual Care to Hearing Aids
UnitedHealthcare's (UNH) new virtual care model Right2You aims to provide its members with an online service for custom-programed hearing aids.
Zacks. Friday, 19 Mar 2021.
- Karen complains about barista's 'Airpods' - which were really her hearing aids
A customer complained about barista Helen, 20, saying Helen was wearing Airpods while working, which was 'extremely unprofessional and a horrible look for the company.'
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 16 Mar 2021.
- Noopl: The iPhone Accessory That Could Super-Charge Your Hearing
The Noopl iPhone accessory could help your hear conversations in busy restaurants - or even save you a fortune on hearing aids.
Forbes. Monday, 11 Jan 2021.
Hearing Aids & Assistive Devices News Headlines and News Summaries