This Hearing Aid news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about hearing aids from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Hearing aid technology that scans facial movements can lip read through masks
Engineers from the University of Glasgow have developed a hearing aid
technology that uses artificial intelligence to read people's lips, even if they are wearing a mask.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 7 Sep 2022.
- Disruption Is Alive And Well, From Dairy To Hearing Aids To EVs
Disruption is alive and well and posing a considerable threat to formerly successful, incumbent market-leaders in electric vehicles, dairy products and hearing aids. ...
Forbes. Thursday, 1 Sep 2022.
- Hearing Aid Stocks - What To Expect And Who To Watch Following The Recent Executive Order
Almost half the people in the United States above the age of 65 have some degree of hearing loss. This represents a major area of expansion for manufacturers and retailers alike.
Forbes. Wednesday, 31 Aug 2022.
- FDA Approves Over-the-Counter Hearing Aids
A new rule could save consumers $2,800 on a pair of hearing aids, officials say
Smithsonian. Thursday, 18 Aug 2022.
- 'Inclusive Barbies a major step in my life'
For the first time, new dolls feature a hearing aid, prosthetic limb, wheelchair and skin condition.
BBC News. Wednesday, 17 Aug 2022.
- FDA Finalizes Rule To Make Hearing Aids Over-the-Counter
It should take effect in 60 days.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 17 Aug 2022.
- FDA clears path for over-the-counter hearing aids
The Food and Drug Administration will make hearing aids
available without a prescription as soon as mid-October. The agency estimates it could save consumers nearly $3,000 on a pair of hearing aids.
CBS News. Tuesday, 16 Aug 2022.
- You can buy hearing aids over the counter and online without a prescription starting this fall in US
The FDA has cleared the path to let people buy hearing aids
over the counter without a prescription. The White House estimates this will save American families nearly $3,000 on a pair of hearing aids.
ABC News. Wednesday, 17 Aug 2022.
- FDA to allow buying of hearing aids without a prescription
U.S. regulators have finalized a long-awaited rule that's expected to allow millions of Americans to buy hearing aids
without a prescription.
CBS News. Tuesday, 16 Aug 2022.
- First Barbie doll with hearing aids is 'really important' - Rose Ayling-Ellis
Actor Rose Ayling-Ellis worked on the creation of the doll, saying "it's quite powerful" and "such a big deal."
BBC News. Tuesday, 16 Aug 2022.
- FDA finalizes rule to sell hearing aids over the counter
President Biden on Tuesday hailed a final rule from the Food and Drug Administration that will make hearing aids
available without a prescription, a move that is expected to slash costs for consumers.
Washington Times. Tuesday, 16 Aug 2022.
- EastEnders actress unveils first Barbie doll with hearing aids
EastEnders actress Rose Ayling-Ellis has unveiled the first Barbie doll with behind-the-ear hearing aids.
Sky News. Monday, 15 Aug 2022.
- Barbie unveils first doll with hearing aids and first Ken with vitiligo as part of diversity push
The new models, which includes the brand's first ever Barbie with hearing aids, a Barbie with a prosthetic leg and the first Ken doll with vitiligo, will make their debut in June this year.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 12 May 2022.
- Jabra Enhance Plus review: Compact earbuds for people with mild hearing loss
The new Jabra headset is not designed to compete with commercial ANC buds but is focused on providing those with mild to moderate hearing loss an option to enhance audio experiences in lieu of traditional hearing aids.
ZDNet. Monday, 11 Apr 2022.
- Investing Club: Don't worry about Costco's stock drop, buy it on the dip, Cramer says
"They're adding more stores than people thought. Hearing aids are back. Food court is back. Free samples are back. Buy," CNBC's Jim Cramer said Friday.
CNBC. Friday, 4 Mar 2022.
Hearing Aids & Assistive Devices News Headlines and News Summaries