This Hearing Aid news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about hearing aids from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- "Sunday Morning" Full Episode 8/11
This week "Sunday Morning," hosted by Jane Pauley, feature David Pogue's cover story on the latest in hearing aids. ...
CBS News. Sunday, 11 Aug 2019.
- Eargo: The Smart Hearing Aid Solution To Beat
Analyst Mark N. Vena takes a closer look at hearing aid
company Eargo's product and market strategy.
Forbes. Wednesday, 24 Jul 2019.
- Hearing aids may protect deaf people from dementia
A study of more than 4,000 hearing-impaired people by the University of Exeter found those who wore the amplifiers performed better on memory and attention tests.
Daily Mail. Monday, 15 Jul 2019.
- Wearing hearing aid may help protect brain in later life
A new study has concluded that people who wear a hearing aid
for age-related hearing problems maintain better brain function over time than those who do not.
Science Daily. Monday, 15 Jul 2019.
- Dave Barry on aging with a friend - his dog, Lucy
Now that he is at the age when his mailbox is filled with ads for hearing aids, catheters and funerals, humorist Dave Barry has some advice on how to handle turning the big seven-oh, thanks to his 10-year-old dog, Lucy.
CBS News. Sunday, 23 Jun 2019.
- Experimental brain-controlled hearing aid decodes, identifies who you want to hear
Our brains have a remarkable knack for picking out individual voices in a noisy environment, like a crowded coffee shop or a busy city street. This is something that even the most advanced hearing aids
struggle to do. ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Scientists develop brain-controlled hearing aid that amplifies the voices you WANT to hear
The device developed at Columbia University in New York attempts to overcome the 'cocktail party problem', when voices mix together and become a mass of noise.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Can You Hear The Competition? How Startups Are Taking On The Hearing Aid Industry
Startups like Eargo and Audicus are trying to break into the market for hearing aids
that's controlled by five manufacturers. ...
Forbes. Monday, 1 Apr 2019.
- CVS closes hearing centers as FDA readies rules for over-the-counter sales of hearing aids
CVS is pivoting ahead of changes that could reshape the hearing aid
market. Next year, the FDA will introduce regulations to bring hearing aids
over the counter. CVS is also experimenting with new store formats.
CNBC. Friday, 1 Mar 2019.
- Hearing aids could get way smarter with official Android support - CNET
Apple is rethinking the hearing aid
-- and now Google's Android is, too.
CNET. Thursday, 16 Aug 2018.
- Apple AirPods to support live listen hearing aid feature
Having a conversation in a crowded bar or party?
Fox News. Wednesday, 6 Jun 2018.
- Hearing Aids Linked to Less Hospitalization
Older adults with hearing loss are less likely to be hospitalized or to visit the emergency room when they wear hearing aids, compared to those who don't, a U.S. study suggests. ...
Newsmax. Thursday, 10 May 2018.
- Google AI can pick out a single speaker in a crowd: Expect to see it in tons of products
Google reveals its speech-separating tech, which could, for example, transform hearing aids.
ZDNet. Friday, 13 Apr 2018.
- The hearing aid gets an upgrade to an app
Hear better through "Mimi Mix software," says Mimi founder Philipp Skribanowitz, based on hearing ability, advanced hearing-tests, and sound-possessing algorithms we license to audio companies.
ZDNet. Tuesday, 10 Apr 2018.
- FOX 46 gets refund for Catawba Co. man who says...
FOX 46 is getting results for a Catawba County man who is paying for a hearing aid
he says doesn't work.
Fox News. Tuesday, 13 Mar 2018.
Hearing Aids & Assistive Devices News Headlines and News Summaries