This Health Insurance news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about health insurance news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Liz Weston: You may be entitled to free health insurance now
The latest coronavirus relief package did more than dole out $1,400 checks. The law also made health insurance
free for millions more people and reduced costs for others, at least for now. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- The Latest: Employee sickness rates below average in Germany
BERLIN - A large German health insurance
provider says the number of days working-age people called in sick during the first three months of 2021 hit a 13-year low as hygiene and distancing rules prevented the spread of other illnesses. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Senate GOP to add Obamacare mandate repeal in tax bill
Senate Republicans say they have the votes to repeal the Affordable Care Act's individual mandate. The Obamacare law requires Americans to have health insurance
or pay a penalty. Nancy Cordes reports.
CBS News. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Trump announces plan to end subsidies that keep down consumers' health insurance costs
The Trump administration announced it will stop making critical Obamacare payments to insurance companies. The president said the payments were bailouts for the insurance companies, but critics accused him of sabotaging the health law. ...
CBS News. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Column: A telemarketer. An Alzheimer's patient. A health insurance nightmare
A SoCal woman with Alzheimer's was convinced by a telemarketer to switch health insurers. Untangling that became a huge challenge for her family.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- US Government Funds Mental Health Crisis Teams to Stand In for Police
The effort to reinvent policing after the death of George Floyd in police custody is getting an assist through a federal-state health insurance
Voice of America. Saturday, 24 Apr 2021.
- Cigna (CI), Oscar to Aid Small Business With Health Insurance
Cigna (CI) along with Oscar Health rolls out a health insurance
product aimed for small business units in the state of California.
Zacks. Friday, 9 Apr 2021.
- UnitedHealth Group Taps New Head Of Health Insurance Business
UnitedHealth Group Wednesday elevated an insider to lead its $200 billion UnitedHealthcare health insurance
business, which is the nation's largest.
Forbes. Wednesday, 7 Apr 2021.
- Sen. Toomey accuses the Fed of overstepping on climate change and other social issues
Sen. Pat Toomey, R-Pa., expressed concern about the central bank's foray into social issues such as climate change, race and health insurance
CNBC. Monday, 29 Mar 2021.
- Digital Health Startup Ro Raised $500 Million At $5 Billion Valuation
The cash pay company looks to offer a full stack primary care solution in lieu of traditional health insurance, including pharmacy distribution and in-home diagnostics.
Forbes. Monday, 22 Mar 2021.
- Centene (CNC) vs. Humana (HUM): Which is Better-Positioned?
Centene (CNC) and Humana (HUM) are poised to grow in the thriving health insurance
industry. On comparative evaluation, we try to discover which stock is more profitable based on fundamentals.
Zacks. Thursday, 18 Mar 2021.
- FCC cracks down on robocalls with record $225 million fine
The marketers used robocalls to falsely sell short-term health insurance
plans. They made about one billion robocalls, according to the FCC.
CNBC. Thursday, 18 Mar 2021.
- Republicans call the COVID-19 relief bill a 'liberal wish list.' Democrats are owning that
The COVID-19 relief bill includes provisions Democrats have long sought on issues including health insurance
premiums, child care and pensions.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 9 Mar 2021.
- 200K sign-ups for Biden's new 'Obamacare' special enrollment period
HealthCare.gov offers subsidized private health insurance
under the Obama-era Affordable Care Act, catering mainly to low- and moderate-income working people.
ABC News. Wednesday, 3 Mar 2021.
- Inman Handbook on healthy choices for health insurance
Insurance remains a challenge for many agents, many of whom have independent contractor status. But there are more and more options out there.
Inman. Monday, 1 Feb 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries