This Health Insurance news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about health insurance news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Ex-Bupa boss David Hynam to nurse LV back to health
LV has appointed David Hynam (pictured), the former head of UK and global markets at health insurance
firm Bupa, to take over as head of the firm.
Daily Mail. Monday, 26 Sep 2022.
- Just Six Health Plans Earn Top Scores In NCQA 2022 Health Insurance Ratings
NCQA released its 2022 health insurance
plan ratings. While some specific quality measures improved, overall satisfaction declined.
Forbes. Thursday, 15 Sep 2022.
- Pandemic Aid Reduced Poverty Again in 2021, Census Bureau Reports
A measure that accounts for all federal subsidies showed that fewer people experienced severe economic hardship, while health insurance
New York Times. Tuesday, 13 Sep 2022.
- Texas judge rules HIV drug mandate violates religious freedom
Christian-run company objected to paying for health insurance
with HIV drugs coverage, claiming it encourages "homosexual behavior."
CBS News. Wednesday, 7 Sep 2022.
- New Health Insurance Approach Could Unlock Benefits For Millions Of American Workers
This Labor Day, one of the best things employers can do for workers is to let them buy their own health insurance
. A relatively new federal rule may make that easier.
Forbes. Monday, 5 Sep 2022.
- British student attacked by bison 'may be left stranded in US'
A British student who is unable to walk after being attacked by a bison may be left stranded in the US after her health insurance
said it will withdraw support.
Sky News. Thursday, 11 Aug 2022.
- British student, 19, paralysed in bison attack maybe stuck in US as 'health insurance stops support'
Amelia Dean - known as Mia - was on a gap year road trip when the beast charged at her and gored her though the femoral artery in her left thigh during the shocking attack on June 16.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 10 Aug 2022.
- EXCLUSIVE: Republicans Propose Banning States From Funding Health Insurance For Illegal Immigrants
The bill seeks to amend Section 1332 of the Affordable Care Act
Daily Caller. Wednesday, 20 Jul 2022.
- The Federal Government Subsidizes Abortions. Will That Last?
Individuals can often use health insurance
or flexible spending accounts to pay for abortions or deduct the cost on tax returns. Congress might weigh in.
New York Times. Saturday, 2 Jul 2022.
- 3 Stocks to Watch From the Prospering Accident & Health Insurance Industry
Higher claims frequency leading to upward pricing pressure, coupled with the adoption of technology, is likely to boost the performance of Zacks Accident and Health Insurance
industry insurance players like AFL, UNM, and AMSF.
Zacks. Friday, 24 Jun 2022.
- Californians brace for increased healthcare premiums if federal subsidies expire
Nearly 150,000 Californians would see their health insurance
premiums rise significantly if Congress doesn't extend subsidies set to expire this year.
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 20 Jun 2022.
- 3 Considerations for Telemedicine Companies Shifting Reimbursement Models
The transition from cash pay to health insurance
is on the minds of many digital healthcare startups seeking further growth (and profit).
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 31 May 2022.
- Beyond Compassion: Why Business Leaders Need to Care About Healthcare Disparities
Nearly 30 million Americans did not have health insurance
in 2021. If you're a business owner, it's time to pay attention: These are not just statistics or people you'll never meet. ...
Entrepreneur. Monday, 23 May 2022.
- We're adding to a health insurance stock on the dip that had great earnings
This company got off to a solid start this year, reporting at the end of last month a strong first-quarter earnings beat and a full-year outlook raise.
CNBC. Thursday, 19 May 2022.
- Here's how to choose a health insurance plan that fits your budget and life
Choosing health insurance
is complicated, and monthly premiums can add up. Understanding your needs and a plan's benefits can keep more money in your wallet.
CNBC. Wednesday, 20 Apr 2022.
News Headlines and News Summaries