This Health Insurance news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about health insurance news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Insurance Tech Pioneer: Health Insurance For The New Workforce Of Digital Nomads
You Never Know When the Worst Will Happen When traveling around remote parts of the world, you can quickly enter a world of unpredictable circumstances.
Forbes. Thursday, 15 Jul 2021.
- Obamacare Enrollments Have Risen by 2 Million Since February
Enrollment in Medicaid also reached a record high of 81 million Americans early this year. The spikes reflect the growing demand for health insurance
during the pandemic, as well as its greater affordability.
New York Times. Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021.
- Here Are The Biggest Groups That Are Still Refusing The Covid-19 Vaccine, Poll Finds
Unvaccinated Americans are most likely to be young, Republican suburbanites with health insurance, among other demographics.
Forbes. Friday, 11 Jun 2021.
- Unum (UNM) and Units' Ratings & Outlook Upgraded by AM Best
Unum (UNM) and its core U.S. life/health insurance subsidiaries' rating and outlook upgrade by AM Best reflect solid balance sheet, sustained solid operating results, favorable business mix and prudent ERM.
Zacks. Friday, 11 Jun 2021.
- 4 Accident & Health Insurance Stocks to Watch as Weak Pricing Persists
4 Accident & Health Insurance
Stocks to Watch as Weak Pricing Persists
Zacks. Wednesday, 9 Jun 2021.
- Local Matters: Missouri Republicans block funds for Medicaid expansion
Republican lawmakers in Missouri are blocking funding that would provide thousands of low-income workers with health insurance
even though voters approved the expansion of Medicaid. ...
CBS News. Wednesday, 19 May 2021.
- Why Cash Is Better Than Expanded Health Insurance for the Poor
Cash transfers go directly to people in need, while health insurance
expansions pay mainly for care that the uninsured already receive, an economist says.
New York Times. Thursday, 13 May 2021.
- Aetna CEO on proposed $69 billion acquisition by CVS
New government data shows nearly 29 million Americans do not have health insurance
. Twenty-two million of those who do have medical insurance use Aetna. ...
CBS News. Tuesday, 11 May 2021.
- Liz Weston: You may be entitled to free health insurance now
The latest coronavirus relief package did more than dole out $1,400 checks. The law also made health insurance
free for millions more people and reduced costs for others, at least for now. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- The Latest: Employee sickness rates below average in Germany
BERLIN - A large German health insurance
provider says the number of days working-age people called in sick during the first three months of 2021 hit a 13-year low as hygiene and distancing rules prevented the spread of other illnesses. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Column: A telemarketer. An Alzheimer's patient. A health insurance nightmare
A SoCal woman with Alzheimer's was convinced by a telemarketer to switch health insurers. Untangling that became a huge challenge for her family.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- US Government Funds Mental Health Crisis Teams to Stand In for Police
The effort to reinvent policing after the death of George Floyd in police custody is getting an assist through a federal-state health insurance
Voice of America. Saturday, 24 Apr 2021.
- Sen. Toomey accuses the Fed of overstepping on climate change and other social issues
Sen. Pat Toomey, R-Pa., expressed concern about the central bank's foray into social issues such as climate change, race and health insurance
CNBC. Monday, 29 Mar 2021.
- FCC cracks down on robocalls with record $225 million fine
The marketers used robocalls to falsely sell short-term health insurance
plans. They made about one billion robocalls, according to the FCC.
CNBC. Thursday, 18 Mar 2021.
- Republicans call the COVID-19 relief bill a 'liberal wish list.' Democrats are owning that
The COVID-19 relief bill includes provisions Democrats have long sought on issues including health insurance
premiums, child care and pensions.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 9 Mar 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries