This Health Insurance news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about health insurance news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Hospitals and patients' attorneys spar over lien practices
Many hospitals do not bill patients' health insurance if they were injured in auto accidents, instead opting to file liens for their full charges. The practice varies widely depending on state law and provider agreements.
Modern Healthcare. Saturday, 25 May 2019.
- New Colorado healthcare collective picks health insurance partners
A unique group of employers and individuals called Peak Health Alliance has chosen two health insurers to offer plans for its members: Bright Health and Rocky Mountain Health Plans.
Modern Healthcare. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Democrats unveil plan for a public health insurance option
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) - A coalition of Connecticut Democrats, including Gov. Ned Lamont and legislative leaders, say they've reached consensus on a major bill that could lead to a public health insurance option by 2022. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Will Washington State's New 'Public Option' Plan Reduce Heath Care Costs?
Washington passed a law this week to create a new kind of public health insurance. It could inspire other states to try such a plan, but consumers might be in for a reality check.
NPR. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- People should be able to get health care without going bankrupt, GoodRx co-CEO says
Most Americans could go bankrupt if their health insurance won't cover high pharmaceutical prices, co-CEO Doug Hirsch says.
CNBC. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Maryland gov signs 1st-in-nation measure to help uninsured
Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan signed a first-in-the-nation measure to help people without health insurance find out if they qualify for free or low-cost insurance after they file their taxes
ABC News. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- Washington to offer first 'public option' insurance in US
Washington set to offer a universally available public health insurance option.
ABC News. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- Joe Biden says US has 'obligation' to provide health care to all migrants
Fox News contributor Dr. Marc Siegel, professor of medicine at the NYU Langone Medical Center, claims Biden is making a political gesture, noting health care is not the same as health insurance.
Yahoo. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- Teacher billed $109,000 for heart attack despite having health insurance addresses Congress
Drew Calver, 44, a high school history teacher from Austin, Texas, suffered a heart attack in April 2017. He went to a hospital out-of-network and was billed $108,951.31 weeks later.
Daily Mail. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- Sanders Campaign, Workers Ratify Union Contract
The campaign says this is the first union contract for a presidential campaign, providing full health insurance premiums and limits on work hours for some campaign employees.
NPR. Wednesday, 8 May 2019.
- Uber Eats announces insurance for bike couriers in Ontario
Bike couriers for Uber Eats in Ontario will now be covered by two types of accident and health insurance, according to documents obtained by the CBC.
CBC News. Friday, 3 May 2019.
- Health insurance deductibles soar, leaving Americans with unaffordable bills
Soaring deductibles and medical bills are pushing millions of American families to the breaking point, fueling an affordability crisis that is pulling in middle-class households with health insurance as well as the poor and uninsured. ...
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 2 May 2019.
- About this project
This project draws on an extensive review of surveys and studies of health insurance in the U.S., original polling and interviews with scores of doctors, business leaders, researchers and Americans who have high-deductible health plans. ...
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 1 May 2019.
- CVS Health crushes first-quarter expectations, raises full-year forecast
CVS Health says its newly acquired health insurance business boosted results and its pharmacies filled more expensive prescription drugs.
CNBC. Wednesday, 1 May 2019.
- 'A great thing': London mother with cancer gets OHIP coverage
A mother returning to London, Ont., from Sweden to be with her family as she fights cancer has been given immediate coverage in Ontario's health insurance plan (OHIP), CBC News has learned.
CBC News. Monday, 29 Apr 2019.
Health insurance concept illustrated
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries