This Health Insurance news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about health insurance news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Centene Expands Existence in Health Insurance Marketplace
Centene (CNC) to increase offerings in the 2020 Health Insurance
Marketplace across 10 U.S. state markets.
Zacks. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Health Coverage Declines for Those Not on Obamacare
Making coverage less affordable, health insurance
enrollment for people who cannot receive financial help under the Affordable Care Act declined as premium rose, according to The Hill.
Newsmax. Monday, 12 Aug 2019.
- Small biz insurance strategy nearing legislative finish line
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - A method designed to help North Carolina small businesses offer more affordable health insurance
is one vote away from final legislative approval. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 8 Aug 2019.
- Outlook for Health Insurance Industry Looks Sanguine
Outlook for Health Insurance
Industry Looks Sanguine
Zacks. Wednesday, 7 Aug 2019.
- Cigna Plans Big Medicare Advantage Expansion
Cigna will expand its Medicare Advantage health plan offerings to seniors in dozens of new counties next year in what is quickly becoming a competitive business for health insurance
Forbes. Friday, 2 Aug 2019.
- As Democrats Debate Single Payer, Humana's Medicare Advantage Enrollment Soars
Against the political backdrop of a debate over whether the government should administer Medicare for all Americans, health insurance
companies are reporting record growth in their privately run Medicare Advantage businesses.
Forbes. Wednesday, 31 Jul 2019.
- Judge Blocks Medicaid Work Requirements in NH
A federal judge on Monday overturned the Trump administration's approval of a plan by the state of New Hampshire to impose work requirements on people seeking to obtain benefits from the Medicaid health insurance
Newsmax. Monday, 29 Jul 2019.
- Facing Pressure In Campaign, Sanders Defends His Signature Health Care Plan
Rivals embracing or attacking "Medicare for All" prompted Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders to lay out his vision for eliminating private health insurance
NPR. Wednesday, 17 Jul 2019.
- Health insurance idea could help millions of Americans spend less
New federal rule could reduce out-of-pocket costs for key drugs and services for people with chronic conditions in high-deductible health plans with health savings accounts.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 17 Jul 2019.
- Show of hands on immigrant health care belies a thorny issue
WASHINGTON (AP) - In one unanimous show of hands, Democratic presidential candidates moved to the mainstream the idea of full health insurance
for people who don't have legal permission to be in the United States. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 3 Jul 2019.
- Poll: 59% Of Americans Oppose Government-Provided Health Insurance For Illegal Migrants
31 percent of Democrats oppose
Daily Caller. Monday, 1 Jul 2019.
- Harris clarifies debate answer on eliminating private insurance
Harris raised her hand in response to a question about who onstage would eliminate private health insurance
at the debate
CBS News. Friday, 28 Jun 2019.
- Kamala Harris backtracks AGAIN and insists she doesn't want to abolish private health insurance
'Many people watching at home have health insurance
through their employer. Who here would abolish their private health insurance
in favor of a government-run plan?' candidates were asked.
Daily Mail. Friday, 28 Jun 2019.
- Democratic debate 2019: Candidates clash over health insurance, economy
Ten candidates, including Elizabeth Warren, Cory Booker, Julian Castro and Beto O'Rourke, converged on stage in Miami Wednesday for the first Democratic candidate debate.
ABC News. Thursday, 27 Jun 2019.
- Democrats clash over 'Medicare for all' in first debate
The issue over health insurance
marked the first stark divide among the candidates, and sparked a heated back-and-forth between many of the candidates on stage.
CNBC. Thursday, 27 Jun 2019.
News Headlines and News Summaries