This Health Insurance news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about health insurance news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Brexit: Ministers launch free new health insurance card for Britons replacing the EHIC after Brexit
Global Health Insurance
Cards became available on Monday as part of Britain's post-Brexit deal with the EU, replacing European Health Insurance
Daily Mail. Monday, 11 Jan 2021.
- Global health insurance card to replace EHIC under new rules
UK residents can apply for the new card to access emergency medical care when their EHIC card runs out.
BBC News. Monday, 11 Jan 2021.
- Visa ban extended; court clears health insurance rule as Biden promises to undo many of Trump immigration actions
President Trump on Thursday extended pandemic-related bans on green cards and work visas to large groups of applicants through March 31.
ABC News. Friday, 1 Jan 2021.
- British holidaymakers can still access free healthcare abroad after Brexit transition ends
British holidaymakers will still be able to access free healthcare abroad using their European Health Insurance
Card which will be valid until the date of expiry, the Brexit deal states.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 26 Dec 2020.
- Will the EHIC still be valid after Brexit?
Will you be able to use the European Health Insurance
Card from the start of 2021?
BBC News. Friday, 25 Dec 2020.
- Georgia Senate runoffs: Attack ads dominate airwaves, galvanize voters
DUNWOODY, Ga. — Sen. David Perdue has been warning television viewers across Georgia that a vote for his Democratic rival Jon Ossoff is a vote against the police, the military and private health insurance
Washington Times. Wednesday, 23 Dec 2020.
- Lyft Preps Rides For 60 Million Low Income Americans To Covid-19 Vaccinations
Lyft has partnered with health insurance
giant Anthem, JP Morgan Chase and the United Way to get Americans to and from Covid-19 vaccination sites.
Forbes. Wednesday, 23 Dec 2020.
- Stimulus bill to rid patients of "surprise" medical bills
"This has been a profoundly distressing pocketbook issue for families for years," said one health insurance
CBS News. Tuesday, 22 Dec 2020.
- MetLife (MET) to Sell Auto & Home Units to Streamline Business
MetLife (MET) is working toward shedding the home and auto business from its portfolio and penetrating the domain of life and health insurance
and other benefits offerings.
Zacks. Friday, 11 Dec 2020.
- Chicago neighborhoods with barriers to social distancing had higher COVID-19 death rates
New research has found that Chicago neighborhoods with barriers to social distancing, including limited access to broadband internet and low rates of health insurance, had more COVID-19 deaths in spring 2020.
Science Daily. Thursday, 3 Dec 2020.
- Most Health Insurers Are Waiving Covid-19 Costs For Consumers, New Analysis Shows
Many Americans may be experiencing a phenomenon rarely associated with the health insurance
Forbes. Tuesday, 24 Nov 2020.
- She was laid off, then contracted COVID-19
Social worker Rebecca McDonald was laid off from her government job in September, losing not just her income, but also her health insurance
. Then she caught COVID-19. ...
CBS News. Monday, 23 Nov 2020.
- No shows, no insurance: Broadway actors losing health care as shutdown drags on
Thousands of Broadway actors are expecting to lose health insurance
amid the shutdown of theater.
CNBC. Wednesday, 11 Nov 2020.
- Virginia doctor faces up to 465 years for fraud, performing unneeded surgeries
The Justice Department said in a statement Monday that a federal jury convicted Javaid Perwaiz on 52 counts related to his defrauding of health insurance
programs and falsely telling his patients they needed surgeries.
Fox News. Tuesday, 10 Nov 2020.
- Beware of scammers offering health insurance to NAR members
Although the National Association of Realtors offers insurance options, an NAR spokesperson warned that the association would not make calls to enroll members.
Inman. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries